• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTON - September 12th & 13th - Winona Lake, Indiana ))Midwest Circuit Event((

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Muba severely underestimates my ability to set people on fire.

Also, I took $2 from Asidoh? When? O_o

IkeKillsAll

Smash Cadet
alright then lol. I don't know if I'd b able to do 2 days, just because i'm 15 and my parents aren't big smash fans lol, so they wouldn't b too fond of the idea. I might still b able to come tho

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
NOJ and Kyari:

I would like the chance to play both of you again, as I know and you guys probably know I wasn't really much of a match in the side tournament. I know its sounds like I'm johning, but my controller decided to bust at the worst possible time, so I'd like to rematch you both, including that I will have a fully functional controller this time.

The same goes for you Scala, since we were gonna play at Rofa's since we did not get the chance to play there.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yooo.....so, who wants to win teams with me at this =)?!?!?!?
are you serious? I'd love to team with you tink. my friend chewyy is usually my partner but this time we were going to team with someone else

QUIVO

Smash Master
I want to go to this. If anyone from Columbus is going to this, or if Cincy has to go through Cbus to go, I'll hitch a ride with them.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Oh, I think I can make it to this... Would prefer to not go alone this time, though. :p Lima is pretty much directly between Columbus and Ft.Wayne-Winona, so if anyone's coming from there (OSU campus!)... got any room? If the Cincy crew comes up I-75 they head right past here as well.

EDIT: I am totally not dragging my giant-*** TV with me this time. :/

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Im comming to this. Anyone wanna team? the mann? Bloodhawk? Anyone? if not him somebody please :( i pull my weight really well.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Alright sorryeveryone for the double post but ANYONE FROM MICHIGAN WANT / NEED AEIDE OR GOING TO THIS HIT ME UP IM GOING POSSIBLY DRIVING AND WILL PAY GAS FOR DRIVING. PM ME IF YOU'RE INTRESTED. ANTHER? NOJ? LAIN? SCALA? SAMUARI PANDA?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Also, I took $2 from Asidoh? When? O_o
I said WINNING it back...you beat me in 2 money matches (remember I just had a 5, so I gave you my $5 for your $3 since I assumed I would lose anyway?)

But yeah, I intend to win it back :p

Oh yeah, and I guess I should change my name to "Asidoh" since seriously over 50% of people seem to spell it that way..
I've seen that video before, that's badass. That guy will be there? I'll make sure to watch out for his insane edgeguarding, though I'm Kirby so that makes it a little easier ^_^
NOJ and Kyari:

I would like the chance to play both of you again, as I know and you guys probably know I wasn't really much of a match in the side tournament. I know its sounds like I'm johning, but my controller decided to bust at the worst possible time, so I'd like to rematch you both, including that I will have a fully functional controller this time.

The same goes for you Scala, since we were gonna play at Rofa's since we did not get the chance to play there.
You'll want to play me too :D

Im comming to this. Anyone wanna team? the mann? Bloodhawk? Anyone? if not him somebody please :( i pull my weight really well.
Maybe...my partner and I didn't do so well last time >_>

Vayseth

Smash Master
Alright sorryeveryone for the double post but ANYONE FROM MICHIGAN WANT / NEED AEIDE OR GOING TO THIS HIT ME UP IM GOING POSSIBLY DRIVING AND WILL PAY GAS FOR DRIVING. PM ME IF YOU'RE INTRESTED. ANTHER? NOJ? LAIN? SCALA? SAMUARI PANDA?
We should coordinate this all together and leave in one unit from Ann Arbor. That would be the easiest. I would like to get: You, Me, Anther, NoJ, Panda, Scala, Lain, Rofa and Dope at least. Scala has a car, you have a car, NoJ has a car and Rofa has a car. So, no johns this time.

Vayseth

Smash Master
alright then lol. I don't know if I'd b able to do 2 days, just because i'm 15 and my parents aren't big smash fans lol, so they wouldn't b too fond of the idea. I might still b able to come tho
d00d, just go to the tournament. The day before would just be a smashfest and hang out day. Go to the real tournament which I assume will be a Saturday.

Also, I strongly suggest doing the smash fest on friday because by the time this tournament rolls around school will be back in session and it'll be harder to come early for a tournament. If it's a smash fest we can show up whenever.

So yes, bigger venue fee and smash fest/sidecrazy tournament.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
I can't make it this week. If it were delayed by two weeks, however... :D
Well then folks, I know I swore I wouldn't delay again but, for Squared's sake, I am now delaying this for two more weeks... seriously.

Nah, I'm just kidding, I wouldn't do that again. Too bad you can make it Jeff!

Oh, and

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only problem I see with adding a smashfest friday is that whoever comes then will have to pay a bit more for housing. But ultimately, everyone bothered by this can JUST SHOW UP SATURDAY.

I'll start working on housing. I'm guessing we'll serve breakfast like SaC2, but not dinner on friday, and for the meal and the floor to sleep on you'll pay like $12 or so. I'll talk to the venue tomorrow about what they'll charge me and let you all know.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
wtf? you must be incredibly bored omni...
very much so lol :)

also Im getting top 8 in this tourney. I wont sandbag and i will be out of the hospital this friday!!! so i'll be able to get alot of practice on hospital wifi :) and after i get out for in person tourneys :-p

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Would be, if Jeff was coming.... :(

Also, I would rather have an extra day to play friendlies, warm-up, and have a funny tournament. Many eager players like myself thrive on practice against other skilled players to improve, I think it would be worth it to the entire pool of MW attendees to have an extra day. No-one is forcing anyone to attend both days, and just like SaC2, the venue fee can be higher for those who do. I'm perfectly down with the way the money issue was set up last time. Also, I think instead of random tourney we should do a choose your opponent's character tourney.... when I went to rofa's, I really hated seeing all the people who got owned in the random tourney not attend the singles one simply because of how owned they got. The attendance, pot, etc need to be higher to be looked upon better, and to give other good players slightly easier brackets, I think having a bracket of only good players caused quite a few upsets.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pools/brackets are always hard at midwest tournies because there's so many good players showing up and hardly any bad ones. I'm usually one of the worst players there, and I still take games/sets off of top 8 players in pools. The difference between the top guy and the 30th best guy is marginal sometimes.

Everyone in rofa/vayseth's thread talked about how they were in the pool from hell, and they all posted different pools.

Remember at SaC2, when we had Anther, 1der, Me ,Johns(the wiimote player), KirkQ and Tink all in one bracket? kirkQ, who finished second in singles, was 5th in our pool...

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Well then folks, I know I swore I wouldn't delay again but, for Squared's sake, I am now delaying this for two more weeks... seriously.

Nah, I'm just kidding, I wouldn't do that again. Too bad you can make it Jeff!

Oh, and
Ah I hate delays, oh well nothing i can do

Vayseth

Smash Master
Alright so... we have...

Rofa, Vayseth, Omni, NoJ, Scala, Samurai(nospace)Panda, Anther, and Lain. That's 8. Omni, Scala, Rofa, and NoJ can all drive so we're good on cars. We just gotta find out who's driving. I think Omni is a good bet for one driver and, if possible, Rofa can be the other one. Any other MI people wanna go? Dope? Anyone?

Top Bottom