• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Stages?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  1. Palutena's Temple, not so much for the size as the layout. It just looks and feels like the Stage Builder threw up. The only time I've ever actually played a match on it was unlocking :4darkpit:, and that was a drawn-out nightmare. The only decent part is the upper-right portion, which I sampled into a custom stage so I wouldn't have to deal with the rest of it.
  2. Wily's Castle, Gaur Plains, and Pyrosphere because DUH.
  3. Jungle Hijinx, not so much for the gimmick itself but because being on the back layer makes you VERY hard to see. I have bad eyesight.

I actually don't mind Pac-Land that much.

Last edited:

This is a Sentence

Smash Cadet
Wily Castle, Gaur Plain, and Pyrosphere. Three guesses why.
1.They're dumb:b:
2.They're stupid:bee:
3.You just don't like them:awesome:
(But in all seriousness the bosses on the stages just ruins them completely and no one really finds it enjoyable on a casual basis all that much either)

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Lylat Cruise (Omega) - They replicated Melee!Battlefield's fickle ledges.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Palutena's Temple and GCO are pretty fun with 8-players with items and time, although PT needed a death zone or two on the left side.

And it feels like I'm the only one who can deal with the Yellow Devil properly... Just shield the blocks.

I'm just going to say Skyworld because there's just no way to make the stage fun. The hazards are too weak for casual play but too strong for 1v1s, and it's too hard to recover. Music is pretty weak (Couldn't of Sakurai bias'd some KIU ground themes in?) and I'm pretty sure it has the least amount of songs for any stage, the background theme is identical to PT's, and then there's the hit-stop thing every time you hit a platform.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
Ghey-mer is the only stage I absolutely detest with a passion. Safe zones are never obvious while airborne. I'd rather face all three bosses together in one stage than to deal with this unpredictable abomination of a stage.

C3CC

Smash Lord
-The Great Cave Offensive
-Palutena's Temple
-75m
-Pac-Land
-Orbital Gate Assault
-Wily Castle
-Pyrosphere
-Mario Circuit (Brawl)

Altea77

Smash Apprentice
This has to be the worst game stage wise. Half the new stages have extremely annoying hazards or change every 30 seconds. I don't hate changing stages (although i do hate most hazards), in fact I like some of them, but Wii U went unnessesarily overboard. Seriously there's like 10 changing stages. And then most of the new stages that don't have annoying hazards or change all the time, have poor designs (the new fire emblem stage, for example, is so boring to me). There's only like 5 total new stages that I actually really enjoy, and only 2 of them stay the same the whole match. To add onto this, they made horrible decisions in which stages to bring back. (Really 75m? Mario circuit? Where is Corneria? Where's one of the classic kirby stages like Dreamland or Fountain of Dreams or even Green greens?)
Really dissapointed with the stages this time around. Really hoping stage DLC is a thing, or we figure out how to stage hack.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Pac-Land if only because of the stupid water trolls.
What I mean by that is the water looks like you could swim in it, but it's a pit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom