• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So no Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Mewtwo, is it me or there is something wrong in this picture?

.n_n.

Bames-Jond

Smash Cadet
So no Wolf, Ridley, Lucas, and Mewtwo, is it me or there is something wrong in this picture?

.n_n.
AGREED. this game has the best roster, not because they made all the best choices but there's at least enough good additions for it to trump brawl. the fact they snubbed those characters is the worst part about it.

DonkeyStrong

Smash Cadet
AGREED. this game has the best roster, not because they made all the best choices but there's at least enough good additions for it to trump brawl. the fact they snubbed those characters is the worst part about it.
shulk and robin are the most welcome additions, they are fun

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
This game had the best NEWCOMERS. The majority of them were fantastic additions.
However if we are going to look at the roster as a whole, it's good but certainly not definitive IMO.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toad and Dixie Kong would make this 100% perfect for me... but I can live on just Duck Hunt. :awesome:

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf being cut from Smash 4, no Chorus Kids, and no Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon stage on the 3DS.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
the amount of past stages to make up for the corresponding universes dissapoints me... But not too much.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just mildly disappointed about the cuts, but I've gotten over that already.

What really disappoints me now is the sheer overreaction some people show just because the game doesn't meet their exact expectations and act entitled not too different from a spoiled children.

This said, the game (like any other game) isn't immune to criticism, but let it be given constructively and reasonably.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Just mildly disappointed about the cuts, but I've gotten over that already.

What really disappoints me now is the sheer overreaction some people show just because the game doesn't meet their exact expectations and act entitled not too different from a spoiled children.

This said, the game (like any other game) isn't immune to criticism, but let it be given constructively and reasonably.
While I am recovering from the cuts, and will admit that the 'overreaction' from fans is disappointing, but how is anyone being entitled?
I'm mean, we're not getting this game for free.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I have no issue with people who criticize this game or rant and complain about it, it's their feelings and opinions.
As far as freedom of speech goes its not harming anyone so they can enjoy that liberty and freedom. If people want to feel strongly about the game and over react then so be it, to each their own, doesn't bother me. It's weird that other people projecting their feelings over the internet about a game bothers people, just skip over it and don't read it, or just brush it off like a normal person... who really cares what people say over the internet. Let bygones be bygones.

That said the games great, roster could be better, its pretty bleak without those certain key hype characters though, but maybe the Wii U has a little something more up it's sleeve.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Unfortunately,I am having the same felling from when we had 2 New super mario bros games in the same year,instead we getting an awesome sequel,we got a mediocre port from the wii version for 3ds and an average sequel for wiiu.
I could blame the limitations from the old 3ds version for this,but there will be people wanting to buy this game for 3ds,and will be a better presentation to people who never played the series before,so at least we have some pros on this.

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
The 3DS holding back the Wii U is a major complaint for me. A really major complaint... no Ridley hurts too. And Ice Climber cut, well tbh I never liked them, but I would be rly pissed if Jigglypuff would be cut, thank god it isn't...

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Honestly, I can tolerate the Newcomers a bit. What I really hate is how little the veterans have changed(for better or worse). It's like Sakurai's group just copy and pasted their Brawl Models for the New Models in the 3DS, which aren't that very new. I am so disappointed at how Ike became; he should not struggle wielding Ragnell with that body! And they're all STILL Out of Characters(especially the Mario Bros. and Marth)!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Who's to say we're not getting new stages on the Wii U version? Most of the new stages that have been shown off are Wii U only. Pyrosphere, Town & City, Pilotwings, Garden of Hope, Palutena's Temple, Skyloft. That's just the ones off of the top of my head."

Oh, I acknowledged it. You're also basing your problem off of one version. We have the Wii U version yet to come, with an unknown amount of new stages. The Wii U seems to be where they're really pushing the new stages in this iteration. We don't yet have the knowledge of exactly how many new stages there are. There could be new stages for those series that you have mentioned. We don't know yet.

If it meant that we have a better quality game overall, yes. Quality is far greater than Quantity.
In your specific analogy, would I be happy with 4 cups, one filled with stages from MK8?
If they were quality, yes.

Because I don't have an answer. Truthfully, I don't have one, because to a lot of people, it isn't an issue. You're the first person I've seen that has made very specific demands in this way.

If you declare that there is a problem with the game, it needs to be on a near universal level. Personal problems with the game do not equate to an actual problem with the game.

Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers should not have been cut.
Some bad decisions have been made in attempts to balance out characters.
There are Day 1 issues in the coding that needed patching.
For Glory is Final Destination only.
The large starting roster makes unlocking characters feel strange.
No online Smash Run.
Tether range in my opinion is still too high.

I don't get upset when people complain, they have every right to and I have a few complaints myself, as listed above.
What irritates me is when people act like they deserved the things they demanded.

There is still the Wii U version left. We have a lot of details that we don't know. The game is not incomplete, our information is.
Getting angry at this point is just counter productive.
I wanted to reply since you did at least address what I asked in my last post. This is late since I've been busy this week (gonna be out of state for a while). Now, the one thing I hate is quote soup which is what you did. So If I quote something, it's because I was responding to that one point. Otherwise, I try to focus on the holistic message rather than the bits and pieces.

The thing is you say "Oh, this isn't an issue because people don't bring it up." But that's missing the point. Just because no one mentions a flaw doesn't mean it's there. Seeing as these post have been getting a few likes, it seems that at least some people agree. And at the end of the day, you try to discredit my argument by saying since only I brought it up, it's not a real issue. If someone is morbidly obese and has poor health and no one says anything (for whatever reason), does it suddenly mean that he doesn't have health problems? There are probably a lot of reasons why I'm bringing this up while no one else is. Perhaps they are more focused on characters. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter because there is still a large amount of missing content. 8 series do not have new stages. Let that sink in. 8 series don't have new stages. Let's look at past Smash Brothers games
64: Mother and F-Zero did not get a stage. Given, this was a low budget title that was thought to never leave Japan
Melee: Fire Emblem did not get a new stage, but files in the game show they had planned to add a stage (again, a game plagued with time constraints. Also why we have 6 model swaps)
Brawl: Gyromite was the only series without a stage, for whatever reason

SO far, no more than two series went without a stage, and they were always new. Smash 3DS broke the record with a whopping 8 series not having stages (again, they are Metroid, DK, Yoshi, Star Fox, Pikmin, Warioware, Game and Watch and Sonic).

Now, you say, "But there are new stages, on the Wii U," but I fail to see how that matters for the 3DS which is suppose to be a different game. Now, mind you, we don't know all the stages in the Wii U version. And heck, it could easily do the exact same thing. Halberd could be the only Kirby stage. So we really can't say that having the Wii U version maybe not having this issues saves this game.

If it meant that we have a better quality game overall, yes. Quality is far greater than Quantity.
In your specific analogy, would I be happy with 4 cups, one filled with stages from MK8?
If they were quality, yes.
You're dodging the question. I asked, plain and simple, would you be OK with less content. Would you be OK with less content? Plain and simple. Not "If I get X, then I'm OK with less content." No. Are you OK with less content in general?

At the end of the day, what you are doing is settling.

I don't get upset when people complain, they have every right to and I have a few complaints myself, as listed above.
What irritates me is when people act like they deserved the things they demanded.
You're behavior is the contrary because you are very quick to come into these threads and say how people should stop complaining because they didn't get their characters (mind you, there is more to it than that).

Anywho, the reason people are upset is because they didn't get what they want in a product they have to spend money one. And at the end of the day, any complaint is a fair one. Not to mention that what they are asking for is, in part, content from the past games. But the reason people are upset is because there are a lot of issues with the game, and yes, with the character selection. With all the other games, there was always a constraint. 64 was a budget constraint. Melee was a time constraint. Brawl was a labor constraint. Smash 4 had none of that. They took longer than Brawl, had a lot of staff from the get go and probably had a huge budget with Amibos and all. So why are there so many issues then?

So, this game has 51 characters all together. Brawl had 39. However, if you take out the clones and the Mii Fighters (since you can't even use them online), you get to 45 characters, which is really only a 6 character increase. Also, not only did they not add perhaps one of the most requested returning characters, Mewtwo, they cut Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Lucas plus others. They also added 17 of which 6 of those are the clones and the Mii Fighters. And these aren't just any clones. They are lazy clones because they are almost identical to their original. At least Melee tries to make each clone unique. I still don't know what is different about Dark Pit outside of a few moves. There was also a Reddit poll with over 10,000 participants. Dark Pit was the least favorite newcomer by far with 55 percent of the responses. That should tell you something. Then there is also the lack of Ridley, a character people were begging for (as an anecdote, during the SmashFest, a few people wrote "add Ridley" to the suggestions, so they knew).

Last edited:

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
the worst part of smash 4 is the absent of Wolf and Dr. Mario ,Dark Pit(specialty him) getting in.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
the worst part of smash 4 is the absent of Wolf and Dr. Mario ,Dark Pit(specialty him) getting in.
Exactly! Let's see Wolf is far more bad*** then those petty fools, could kick their ***** with ease, Oh yeah and HE'S NOT A CLONE!
If clones were truly the last characters added, then I'm upset. The combined time to make the three clones ( Lucina, Mario in a doctor's coat, and Pit's missing palette swap.) could have been used to make Wolf playable. In my opinion, Wolf > The Three Clones. Those clones should have been palette swaps ( at least Lucina and Dumb Pit, Dr Mario is a veteran and is a little different than Mario, but Shouldn't have gotten his own slot until Wolf was playable.). DLC or WII U transfer is the main hope we have for Wolf. I need to kill Fox with Wolf while the bad*** Star Wolf theme is playing on Corneria. The Star Wolf theme should only play if you can play as Wolf. It's just depressing to hear the song without having Wolf playable. It's worse than Roy's hope. Wolf is a villain/ antagonistic character we need Nintendo's greatest villains playable and Wolf certainly is one of Nintendo's greatest villains, Plus I really wanted to hear how Wolf would sound if he got his voice actor from Star Fox 64 3D ( Assuming he'd get a new voice from Star Fox 64 3D). I really hope Wolf is playable in Smash bros WII U/ 3DS.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
dr mario

but really the fact that GC controller adapter uses 2 USB slots on Wii U, how annoying

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
THIS.
A lot of people: "Oh my god Samurai why did you put in Dark Pit you're so biased and he's a clone"

Me: "So how about that Fire Emblem with 4 reps including a clone... I don't see you complaining about that!"

:4darkpit::4pit::4palutena:
:4lucina::4robinm::4marth::4myfriends:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
THIS.
A lot of people: "Oh my god Samurai why did you put in Dark Pit you're so biased and he's a clone"

Me: "So how about that Fire Emblem with 4 reps including a clone... I don't see you complaining about that!"

I think it might have something to do with Sakurai revealing Lucina early. If Lucina had been revealed in the leak she'd be hated like Dumb Pit. Also she plays like Roy and Marth is nerfed so yeah. Remember back when Lucina was revealed the ESRB leak hadn't happened and we were all happily speculating what characters would be playable.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
THIS.

because Lucina actually look different and not some type of alternate version of a Marth, Dark Pit is pretty much palette swap.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I wanted to reply since you did at least address what I asked in my last post. This is late since I've been busy this week (gonna be out of state for a while). Now, the one thing I hate is quote soup which is what you did. So If I quote something, it's because I was responding to that one point. Otherwise, I try to focus on the holistic message rather than the bits and pieces.

The thing is you say "Oh, this isn't an issue because people don't bring it up." But that's missing the point. Just because no one mentions a flaw doesn't mean it's there. Seeing as these post have been getting a few likes, it seems that at least some people agree. And at the end of the day, you try to discredit my argument by saying since only I brought it up, it's not a real issue. If someone is morbidly obese and has poor health and no one says anything (for whatever reason), does it suddenly mean that he doesn't have health problems? There are probably a lot of reasons why I'm bringing this up while no one else is. Perhaps they are more focused on characters. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter because there is still a large amount of missing content. 8 series do not have new stages. Let that sink in. 8 series don't have new stages. Let's look at past Smash Brothers games
64: Mother and F-Zero did not get a stage. Given, this was a low budget title that was thought to never leave Japan
Melee: Fire Emblem did not get a new stage, but files in the game show they had planned to add a stage (again, a game plagued with time constraints. Also why we have 6 model swaps)
Brawl: Gyromite was the only series without a stage, for whatever reason

SO far, no more than two series went without a stage, and they were always new. Smash 3DS broke the record with a whopping 8 series not having stages (again, they are Metroid, DK, Yoshi, Star Fox, Pikmin, Warioware, Game and Watch and Sonic).

Now, you say, "But there are new stages, on the Wii U," but I fail to see how that matters for the 3DS which is suppose to be a different game. Now, mind you, we don't know all the stages in the Wii U version. And heck, it could easily do the exact same thing. Halberd could be the only Kirby stage. So we really can't say that having the Wii U version maybe not having this issues saves this game.

You're dodging the question. I asked, plain and simple, would you be OK with less content. Would you be OK with less content? Plain and simple. Not "If I get X, then I'm OK with less content." No. Are you OK with less content in general?

At the end of the day, what you are doing is settling.

You're behavior is the contrary because you are very quick to come into these threads and say how people should stop complaining because they didn't get their characters (mind you, there is more to it than that).

Anywho, the reason people are upset is because they didn't get what they want in a product they have to spend money one. And at the end of the day, any complaint is a fair one. Not to mention that what they are asking for is, in part, content from the past games. But the reason people are upset is because there are a lot of issues with the game, and yes, with the character selection. With all the other games, there was always a constraint. 64 was a budget constraint. Melee was a time constraint. Brawl was a labor constraint. Smash 4 had none of that. They took longer than Brawl, had a lot of staff from the get go and probably had a huge budget with Amibos and all. So why are there so many issues then?

So, this game has 51 characters all together. Brawl had 39. However, if you take out the clones and the Mii Fighters (since you can't even use them online), you get to 45 characters, which is really only a 6 character increase. Also, not only did they not add perhaps one of the most requested returning characters, Mewtwo, they cut Ice Climbers, Wolf, and Lucas plus others. They also added 17 of which 6 of those are the clones and the Mii Fighters. And these aren't just any clones. They are lazy clones because they are almost identical to their original. At least Melee tries to make each clone unique. I still don't know what is different about Dark Pit outside of a few moves. There was also a Reddit poll with over 10,000 participants. Dark Pit was the least favorite newcomer by far with 55 percent of the responses. That should tell you something. Then there is also the lack of Ridley, a character people were begging for (as an anecdote, during the SmashFest, a few people wrote "add Ridley" to the suggestions, so they knew).
This very true. Smash 4 was even a deeper developtment and they add many Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, they have two stages but the couple of new series that got stage too.

But most of the new series stages... They don't have fighters, like a example Nintendogs and Ballon Fight, and most of the stage of some fighters are just returning stage. The biggest one need to be Yoshi. Why Yoshi deserve a new stage. Because most of the Yoshi games are handheld and there a reason to give him a stage.

I had to reply this because I been blind about what you said and is very true. I hope Wii U give more stage, And we starting good at least with a Star Fox stage.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
because Lucina actually look different and not some type of alternate version of a Marth, Dark Pit is pretty much palette swap.
She looks almost the same. Just pull up her hair and take away... Anyways, they still look the same, not exactly the same, but similar. I like Lucina and I 100% approve of her roster spot, I just hate the hate about Dark Pit. People that have played KIU know that he is a manifestation of Pit's "Dark side" therefore he looks the exact same.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
The main theme is overused.
Agreed, but Brawl also did that, I don't mind. There will be TONS of music in the Wii U version!

The worst part about Smash 4 atm is that the full game is not in my hands right now!

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Well since you asked...

- Ice Climbers being removed due to 3DS difficulty
- Lucas and Wolf being cut
- Lack of Mewtwo
- Ridley being trolled for a ****ing year and not being in the final roster
- Doc returning (I really dislike the character)
- Lack of villains
- Too many new characters from recent games
- No panty shot from Peach
- Too many retro stages, not enough 64 love
- Too small of unlockable list
- WAYYYYY too many starters. I would've grabbed 11 of them and make them unlockables instead (Meta Knight, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Lucario, Luigi, Rosalina, Lucario, Shulk, Toon Link, Robin)

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Well since you asked...

- Ice Climbers being removed due to 3DS difficulty
- Lucas and Wolf being cut
- Lack of Mewtwo
- Ridley being trolled for a ****ing year and not being in the final roster
- Doc returning (I really dislike the character)
- Lack of villains
- Too many new characters from recent games
- No panty shot from Peach
- Too many retro stages, not enough 64 love
- Too small of unlockable list
- WAYYYYY too many starters. I would've grabbed 11 of them and make them unlockables instead (Meta Knight, Sonic, Megaman, Pacman, Lucario, Luigi, Rosalina, Lucario, Shulk, Toon Link, Robin)
This is probably the most controversial Smash to date. It has as many clones as Melee, more if you count Luigi (I don't though because of the awesome missile move and completely different stats, whereas a Semi Clone has different stats but the same moves and Clones are Doctor Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina), The Forbidden Four (Mewtwo, Isacc, K. Rool and Ridley) aren't in the roster despite them being the hugest in demand Smash characters ever and having potential for great movesets and unique gameplay (Project M helped to breathe life into Mewtwo for example), a sad unlockable list as opposed to Brawl's massive list of unlockable characters and of course the Ice Climbers cut. But we atleast got Shulk and Ganondorf is slightly more viable. How do I know this? Come on, how could Sakurai make Ganondorf worse then when he was in Brawl, it's not possible.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
This game has a bunch of problems.
None of these characters returned-:icsmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::ivysaur::lucas::snake::squirtle::wolf:
We got a clone trinity::4lucina::4darkpit::4drmario:
We still have clones from previous games-:4falco::4tlink::4ganondorf:
Somehow we end up with all these Koopalings as alt skins-:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:-but somehow:4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina: are not skins. Even PROJECT M, a HACK GAME, made:4drmario: a skin. Sakurai really ****** up there.
So many of the models and animations were directly ported from Brawl-:4myfriends::4charizard: being the big ones I have issues with

We get a bunch of random newcomers that were not all that popular (except for :4shulk::4palutena::4littlemac::4megaman:)-:4bowserjr::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4greninja::4robinm:/:4robinf::rosalina::4villager:/:4villagerf::4wiifit:/:4wiifitm::4pacman: (if you want to disagree with me I will willingly argue).
The most popular newcomers aren't playable (Mewtwo, Issac, Ridley, King K. Rool).

Game mechanics are basically what Brawl would be if it had some hitstun. Brawl may have the same hitstun value as Melee, but the game is NATURALLY slow, so combos are much more difficult to perform. Smash 4 seems to be like that, but its also very slow when compared to Melee.
Lack of movement options (Wavedashing was a gift in Melee, but was not necessary. Dash Dancing is simple, deep and intuitive. Same with).
Buffering out of hitstun into airdodge (was in Brawl garbage mechanic, needs to never happen again).
Recoveries are ridiculous in this game (lol :rosalina:).
Edgeguarding is no longer useful with these lame edge mechanics.
"Vectoring" replacing DI and kinda ruins most combos. It adds a value of knockback units in the direction you hold. So if an attack does 100 vertical KB units, I vector downwards and now the KB units have decreased. Thus, HITSTUN decreases, since this game's hitstun is likely 0.4 like Melee (so a move with 100 units of KB has 40 frames of hitstun, HOWEVER the vectoring makes it 30 frames of hitstun, and AFAWK, this value could decrease FURTHER as we don't know the true value of this decrease in KB units).
Moves are still kinda laggy.
No safe approach game.
Shields are free in this game. They take more stun, but you can act out of them so quickly, likely even faster than Brawl.
Rolls being useful. They're defensive mechanics, they shouldn't be spammy. They should be gtfo options, not be like "invincibility from frames 1-20, first actionable frame on 21 or something" like they are now.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
None of these characters returned-:icsmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::ivysaur::lucas::snake::squirtle::wolf:
Somehow we end up with all these Koopalings as alt skins-:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:-but somehow:4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina: are not skins. Even PROJECT M, a HACK GAME, made:4drmario: a skin. Sakurai really ****** up there.
So many of the models and animations were directly ported from Brawl-:4myfriends::4charizard: being the big ones I have issues with

We get a bunch of random newcomers that were not all that popular (except for :4shulk::4palutena::4littlemac::4megaman:)-:4bowserjr::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4greninja::4robinm:/:4robinf::rosalina::4villager:/:4villagerf::4wiifit:/:4wiifitm::4pacman: (if you want to disagree with me I will willingly argue).
The most popular newcomers aren't playable (Mewtwo, Issac, Ridley, King K. Rool).
I leave this here because this post right here. you Explain my own pain.

Im gonna say but Sakurai say that Villager was a high sequestered character so I don't think is just ok, but seriously:
The cuts, the clones trinity and Ridley tease for f****** nothing are the worst thing ever but the rest is ok

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
:4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit::4darkpit:

Other than this guy (and kinda Lucina) I don't care about the roster. Looks pretty neat. A lot of great newcomers. Would like a little Mewtwo but nobody played him that much in Melee anyway, looking at Dr.Mario, Mewtwo would have his Melee moves. And we would get overhyped and it would be a Megaman scenario all over again.

I do still want DLC for the veterans but no one else..I guess

So I can get over it.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
None of these characters returned-:icsmelee::mewtwomelee::roymelee::ivysaur::snake::squirtle::lucas::wolf:
Somehow we end up with all these Koopalings as alt skins-:4roy::4larry::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:-but somehow:4darkpit::4drmario::4lucina: are not skins. Even PROJECT M, a HACK GAME, made:4drmario: a skin. Sakurai really ****** up there.

Game mechanics are basically what Brawl would be if it had some hitstun. Brawl may have the same hitstun value as Melee, but the game is NATURALLY slow, so combos are much more difficult to perform. Smash 4 seems to be like that, but its also very slow when compared to Melee.
Lack of movement options (Wavedashing was a gift in Melee, but was not necessary. Dash Dancing is simple, deep and intuitive. Same with).
Buffering out of hitstun into airdodge (was in Brawl garbage mechanic, needs to never happen again).
Recoveries are ridiculous in this game (lol :rosalina:).
Edgeguarding is no longer useful with these lame edge mechanics.
"Vectoring" replacing DI and kinda ruins most combos. It adds a value of knockback units in the direction you hold. So if an attack does 100 vertical KB units, I vector downwards and now the KB units have decreased. Thus, HITSTUN decreases, since this game's hitstun is likely 0.4 like Melee (so a move with 100 units of KB has 40 frames of hitstun, HOWEVER the vectoring makes it 30 frames of hitstun, and AFAWK, this value could decrease FURTHER as we don't know the true value of this decrease in KB units).
Moves are still kinda laggy.
No safe approach game.
Shields are free in this game. They take more stun, but you can act out of them so quickly, likely even faster than Brawl.
Rolls being useful. They're defensive mechanics, they shouldn't be spammy. They should be gtfo options, not be like "invincibility from frames 1-20, first actionable frame on 21 or something" like they are now.
The sad thing is because of the cuts some of the cool out of the blue newcomers like Duck Hunt and Villager can't be appreciated because Sakurai cut some veterans for no good reason. Here's a list from the least uncalled for cuts to the completely unjustified cuts(theses characters had better be playable via Wii U trasfer/ DLC)

Pokemon Trainer: This guy wasn't even playable all he did was run around in the background. You played as Charizard, Squirtle, and Ivysaur not the trainer himself and I doubt Sakurai would create a move set for him from the ground up.

Young link: He's kind of been replaced with Toon Link, Again not as into him.

Pichu: What? Ok some one tell me how many super mushrooms Sakurai ate on this one. In all serious he is better than Young Link in a sense, but really why would you want to play as a character who hurts himself with all of his moves Should have added in Dedede for Melee instead like he intended to.

:snake: Is third party so isn't as easy to bring back although if Snake couldn't come back then the least Sakurai could have done is give some of his moves to Sami from Advance Wars. Advance Wars is the largest Nintendo series that doesn't have a playable rep in smash bros. I even heard project M could add Sami or Project S something like that.

:roymelee: Once Lucina came ( This was before the ESRB leak ) I kind of thought of her as the new Roy. Sakurai could have made a better alternate costume of Roy at the least though. Roy being the 5th Fire Emblem rep now is pushing it. Maybe when Some other franchises ( Like Starfox) get all their playable veterans back then we can talk about Roy coming back.That and well Roy is playable
-:4roy: He just got his head shaved, painted it pink, made his skin scaly, grew a pink shell, put on some pink shades, and shrunk in size so he could fit in the koopa clown car. Sakurai recorded the whole video of Roy's transformation for proof. Although you have to unlock Waluigi in SM64 DS in order to see the video.

:ivysaur: I never really got into Ivysaur, but I feel sorry for his mains. He was kind of out back in April when Charizard ditched the trainer. Now that Mario has 7 reps if Ivysaur and Squirtle and Mewtwo come back Pokemon will have 8 reps just one more than Mario.

:squirtle: Again along the same lines as Ivysaur though I think more people got into I'm than Ivysaur ( could be wrong) DLC is the best hope for him

:icsmelee: Were unfortunately cut because of technical limitations. I can understand their exclusion if there was a deadline, but if you can't make them work on the 3DS or New 3DS make them Wii U exclusive and put just Popo on the 3ds.

:lucas: OK here's Where the cuts start to get VERY UNJUSTIFIED. Lucas was intended to replace Ness in Melee, but due to a delay Ness was saved and Lucas had to wait for brawl. I never mained Lucas, but when I played a and against him he played differently than Ness. The only possible reason I could see for cutting him is that the Mother/ Earthbound series hasn't gotten any new games and it doesn't seem justified to have two playable reps from a dormant franchise. Of course that's a pretty weak excuse.Now if you think because Ness has all Lucas' special moves as custom moves and absorbed some of his a moves means that Lucas won't come back. Well for fact having the exact same move set as another character doesn't automatically deconfirm you I mean look at :4lucina:, :4drmario:, and Doofus Pit. Hopefully Lucas will be playable in Smash Bros Wii U/ 3DS via Wii U transfer or DLC, and if he isn't well by all means go use PK Star storm on Sakurai. Then chuck him to the Ultimate Chimera. That'll teach him.

:mewtwomelee: " We're thinking about it" my ***. Until Mewtwo is playable that is a big cruel lie by Sakurai. Guess what a cut vet from Melee is coming back, guess who its Dr. ******* Mario Sakurai's little pet. ( Sorry for people who like Dr. Mario) but really Dr Mario over Mewtwo. How many brightly colored pills did Sakurai take when he thought this was a good idea. Mewtwo was to highly requested to be ignored and what did you do give us Mario in a doctor's coat. There is hope some recent leaks claim Mewtwo will be unlock able through Wii U transfer. Now if Mewttwo isn't unlocked through Wii U transfer and isn't playable via DLC either, Then Sakurai deserves a painful death at the hands of Mewtwo.

:wolf: Now the faint of heart may not want to read this, but( In Mark Anthony's Voice) HERE IS THE MOST UNKINDEST CUT OF THEM ALL! WHAT WAS KID ICARUS UPRISING ORIGINALLY GOING TO BE ? A STARFOX GAME! AND WHAT FRANCHISE IS GETTING A NEW GAME FOR WII U IN 2015? STARFOX! AND WHO IS IN THIS NEW STARFOX GAME? BASED ON ACCOUNTS OF PEOPLE WHO PLAYED THE GAME WOLF! NOW IN SMASH BROS WHICH FRANCHISE HAS 3 REPS? KID ICARUS! AND SERIES LOST A BAD*** VILLAIN/CHARACTER/REP? WHY STARFOX! WHO WAS INTENDED TO BE PLAYABLE IN MELEE? WOLF! WHY DIDN'T SAKURAI INCLUDE HIM IN MELEE? BECAUSE HE SAID THAT WOLF WOLF LOOK LIKE A GREY VERSION OF FOX! YET WHAT WASTE OF A CHARACTER STANDS BEFORE YOU? PIT'S BLACK PALETTE SWAP AS A CLONE AND HIS OWN PLAYABLE CHARACTER! WHICH ONE IS SAKURAI'S BABY? DARK WASTE OF A CHARACTER IN SMASH BROS PIT! THIS BIASED PUNK SAKURAI HAS THE GUTS TO PUT A BAD*** REMIX OF STAR WOLF'S THEME IN THE GAME WITHOUT MAKING HIM PLAYABLE! WOLF WAS MY SECOND MAIN! HE WAS A VILLAIN! THIS BIASED PUNK SAKURAI ADDED IN 3 CLONES OVER WOLF, WHOM WAS A SEMI CLONE AT WORST, A CHARACTER WITH ALL UNIQUE A MOVES AND SOME OF THE MOST BAD*** TAUNTS IN THE GAME! WITH CHAIN GRABBING OUT HE COULD HAVE BEEN A TOP TIER CHARACTER! WOLF MUST BE PLAYABLE AS HIS OWN CHARACTER WITH ALL ( OR MAYBE A FEW NEW MOVES AND NEW FINAL SMASH)HIS A MOVES AND B MOVES! EVEN IF HE HAD THE SAME FINAL SMASH FROM BRAWL, IF IT MEANT HE WAS PLAYABLE I'D TAKE IT! WOLF MUST BE PLAYABLE IN SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U/3DS! IT CAN BE VIA WII U TRANSFER OR DLC. IF WOLF IS NOT PLAYABLE AT ALL IN THIS GAME ( WHICH HE BETTER NOT BE ) AND SAKURAI DOESN'T WANT TO MAKE HIM PLAYABLE, THEN BEFORE HE IS PUNISHED OFFER HIM THIS ONE LAST CHANCE ( IF HE DOESN'T WANT TO MAKE WOLF PLAYABLE) LET THE PROJECT M GUYS MAKE HIM PLAYABLE THEY GOT THE TALENT AND IF COST IS AN ISSUE MONEY COULD BE RAISED! IF SAKURAI REFUSES EVEN THAT HUMBLE REQUEST THEN STRIP HIM OF HIS TITLE OF SMASH DIRECTOR! THEN TIE HIM TO A CHAIR AND FORCE HIM TO WATCH CARTRIDGES OF KID ICARUS UPRISING SMAHSED BEFORE HIS EYES ONLY STOPPING THE MADNESS WHEN WOLF IS PLAYABLE! AND IF SAKURAI IS STILL TOO STUBBORN SMASH FIGURINES OF DARK WASTE OF A CHARACTER IN SMASH BROS PIT BEFORE HIM! IF HE IS STILL RESISTANT THAN WOLF HIMSELF WILL ENTER SMASHING HIS BLASTER DOWN ON SAKURAI'S BAD HAND! ( HIS LEFT ONE I THINK)! THEN IF THE FOOL SAKURAI DOESN'T MAKE WOLF PLAYABLE TOSS HIM TOO THE WOLF WHOM WILL GRANT SAKURAI A PAINFUL DEATH WITH HIS CLAWS WHILE HIS THEME OF GLORY BLARES IN THE BACKROUND! ALL WHILE SHOUTING CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT SAKURAI! PLEASE NOTE DEAR SMASHERS THAT THAT LAST PART ABOUT IF SAKURAI DIDN'T MAKE WOLF PLAYABLE VIA DLC, WII U TRANSFER OR SOME OTHER UNKNOWN FORM OF MAKING CHARACTERS PLAYABLE IN SMASH BROS WAS A BIT EXAGGERATED TOWARDS THE END! NONE THE LESS WOLF MUST BE PLAYABLE! STAR FOX MUST HAVE ITS THIRD VETERAN FIGHTER! BALANCE MUST BE RESTORED! WOLF WOLF WOLF! WII U TRANSFER WII U TRANSFER WII U TRANSFER! DLC DLC DLC! WOLF MUST AND WILL BE PLAYABLE IN SUPER SMASH BROS FOR WII U AND 3DS!!!!!!

Whew sorry to go all Mark Anthony on you guys, but that has been on my chest since I saw that Wolf trophy when the game was released early. Anyways that's my thoughts on the characters who didn't make it in and how disappointed I am with Sakurai about each character not making it in. Here's hoping that through Wii U transfer and/or DLC characters like Wolf, Mewtwo, Lucas, and possibly Ice Climbers are playable in the glorious Super Smash Bros for Wii U/ 3DS
Happy Smashing.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
"Your post must not revolve around character reveals or bashing the community."

In regards to people being disappointed in the community ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom