• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
We got Mega Man, which is my second favorite video game character.. But I'm a bit annoyed that Ridley, K. Rool and Geno aren't in.. Yet. If at least one of those 3 pop in, I will be most pleased.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Still no Krystal for one. Still no Falco. Actually lack of Starfox representation at all. No stages, one item, one piece of music... what gives Sakurai?
Saving it all for Krystal's reveal

I wish there were more than 2 songs that played on the stages on the 3DS version. I can understand why they went this route but it's still disappointing.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
You know what the worst thing about Super Smash Bros 4 is? The worst thing about Super Smash Bros 4 is the fact that it's not out yet!! I'm startin to have withdrawal and I haven't even played it yet lol.

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
Zero Suit Samus is getting a noticeably critical eye today.

Just my observation.

My only problem with her is hardly the unpopular opinion; the heels. Not only are they obviously horrible for combat and to wear in general, but they directly violate her original design intention in Zero Mission (which specifically said "ATTENTION! Don't give heel too much height!").

I'm an author, so I mean it when I say this: Don't. ****. With canon.
I suggest getting over the heels. Really, just get over it already.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hard to get over something you despise to its core. Depending on your meaning, of course.

If you mean "get over it" as in "accept it", that's unfair to the person's opinion. And kind of rude, actually.

If you mean "get over it" as in "stop bringing it up because it's not changing", that point has some merit. But until the game actually comes out, we've only got so much to talk about here.

I'm a Brawl ZSS main, I love her gameplay changes in Smash 4, but godDAMN those heels are atrocious and I wish I'd never seen them.

Senario

Smash Ace
Hard to get over something you despise to its core. Depending on your meaning, of course.

If you mean "get over it" as in "accept it", that's unfair to the person's opinion. And kind of rude, actually.

If you mean "get over it" as in "stop bringing it up because it's not changing", that point has some merit. But until the game actually comes out, we've only got so much to talk about here.

I'm a Brawl ZSS main, I love her gameplay changes in Smash 4, but godDAMN those heels are atrocious and I wish I'd never seen them.
Hey man thats cool that you don't like them, that is fine I honestly think boots would've been cooler but I'm not invested enough to care too much. Though! You have my support :D...simply because I don't like the "get over it" or "accept it" arguments >.> People tell that to me on occasion when it concerns competitive play lol. Really annoying.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
I don't see the problem with a woman wearing women's footwear...

Anyways, my least favourite part of the known game is Pac-Man's moves. I don't know what it is but it just bothers me. (Except for the up special which I find quite amusing)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't see the problem with a woman wearing women's footwear...
Feminism-related arguments aside, said footwear is also horrendously unbalanced to wear (even seen in Other M, making what was supposed to be emotional scenes hilarious instead), and is a known leading cause of severe foot problems in women.

And like I said, it violates a direct order by her designer.

And it totally clashes with the rest of her outfit.

Hey, the topic was on ZSS, and that's literally my only issue with her. Everything else is fine.

Anyways, my least favourite part of the known game is Pac-Man's moves. I don't know what it is but it just bothers me. (Except for the up special which I find quite amusing)
Yeah , the fact that he uses assists is what bothers me. It could be a holdover from my MUGEN days, but characters with assists get on my nerves.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
If the online works at all like mk8 & wii I'd be a very happy camper.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Okay, about these heel things, it's also impractical to fight in a dress. Not to mention DK's Tie is probably uncomfortable and has no real function bate. And there's no way the Mario Bros.' overalls aren't restricting.

They are video game characters. They are stylized. The heels are there because they make the rocket boots more prominent.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
Feminism-related arguments aside, said footwear is also horrendously unbalanced to wear (even seen in Other M, making what was supposed to be emotional scenes hilarious instead), and is a known leading cause of severe foot problems in women.

And like I said, it violates a direct order by her designer.

And it totally clashes with the rest of her outfit.

Hey, the topic was on ZSS, and that's literally my only issue with her. Everything else is fine.

Yeah , the fact that he uses assists is what bothers me. It could be a holdover from my MUGEN days, but characters with assists get on my nerves.
Pacman throws fruit from the Pacman arcade game, and the ghosts are his smash attacks. The Namco characters are his taunt. Everything else is Pacman's abilities I believe haha

Last edited:

Mariotehplumber

Banned via Warnings
NNID
JohnMTP
Warning Received
I don't want krystal in the game worse than Zero Suit Slunt because I don't want furryism in my games.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
You know what the worst thing about Super Smash Bros 4 is? The worst thing about Super Smash Bros 4 is the fact that it's not out yet!! I'm startin to have withdrawal and I haven't even played it yet lol.
I played it once, and I have to tell you, it's worse. I got about ten minutes of gameplay, and now I know what I'm missing. I'm getting a bald spot because I've developed a nervous twitch where I pull at my hair when I go into Sm4sh withdrawal.

Doomstar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Doomstar
3DS FC
3539-9305-4908
The uncertain state of the Adventure Mode of the game is getting to me. Say what you will about Brawl but I thought SSE was pretty fun, what with it's cinematics and just getting everyone in there. I remember Sakurai said he wasn't going to do it again but if he's the liar that the some Melee extremists make him out to be, then anything could happen! :troll:

But seriously an Adventure mode would be cool :/ Oh well.

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
MK8 has featured lag moments. Like green shells or knockback inducing items not registering..
I have 2000 vr and I've only seen this maybe 3 times. And eve No problem then it's not that game breaking.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't want krystal in the game worse than Zero Suit Slunt because I don't want furryism in my games.
I AM a furry artist and I don't even want Krystal. (Albeit a pretty tame and not very good one.)
There's a reason the Japanese fanbase hates her. She's hardly one of the more interesting characters in the series.

That said, I'd love to have Marcus as a Fox costume.

MK8 has featured lag moments. Like green shells or knockback inducing items not registering..
And that one problem where neck-and -neck races register the person in second place as the winner. Damn I hope SSB4 doesn't have an issue like that.

Last edited:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Worst part of SSB4?

Waiting for the Wii U version to come out. :glare:

Last edited:

Yugimoto-D

Smash Rookie
NNID
YetAnotherMask
Personally I think Other M Samus bothers me slightly, but more than that is Samus's moveset.

After seeing Mii Gunner being able to shoot with their smash attacks and aerials it makes me sad to see that Samus can't have a moveset that reflects better how she is in her own game. In her own games she shoots to all 8 directions, instead in Smash she barely uses her beams.

Another one of the worst aspects of Smash for me? No international release, it'll be sad to get spoiled because the game will be released first in Japan.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Probably for me is certain IPs not getting any attenteion, even though some have been in before, and some getting too much. 1 Starfox rep and no stages, basically 1 Metroid rep, Ness, Jigglypuff, Falco, and Ice Climbers still haven't been announced, too many fire emblem characters that are alike (Lucina, Marth, Ike), a lot of unchanged moves for veterans.

Stop adding newcomers when you haven't even returned the veterans. Without them, the game would feel like there's a void.

Last edited:

CapnMuffin

Smash Apprentice
I'll echo the lack of Game Mode information. Nothing about WiiU version... heck not even any mention of "veteran" modes like Classic, Stage Builder, Break the Targets, etc. And what was with that bomb in Homerun Contest?

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
The worst part for me is that Japan gets it 3 weeks before everyone else. Those shall be the three most tormenting weeks of my life, seeing all about the game online while I wait.:(

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Not knowing if Jiggz and Ness are coming back.. :/

I wouldn't worry too much! We know that Mother still has characters - first of all, they wouldn't just take out an entire franchise representation from the roster, and secondly we know that Mr. Saturns and Franklin Badges are still in the game and their icon was still the "Mother" series icon, meaning there's at least one fighter from that series to represent it as well. If one of the two Mother characters were to be removed, there's probably a 99% chance it would be Lucas, not Ness. However, I doubt either will be removed honestly, - simply basing my assumption on the fact that no series has ever LOWERED representation from one game to the next

As for Jigglypuff, there's not really any solid reasoning or evidence I can give you other than it's just extremely likely she will be in the game. There's no reason to remove her after being a participant in three consecutive titles without getting removed, and she's become a bit more relevant with her Fairy retyping methinks. May not have any super solid evidence she's back - but I would be very, VERY surprised if she wasn't.

*Edit* oh yeah, oops! My least favorite thing about the game so far? Probably... the fact that it doesn't look like it'll be any more balanced than previous games. I mean, obviously, I should expect this out of Smash and a roster of what will probably be ~50 characters, but I was still hoping for sure.

Last edited:

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
However, I doubt either will be removed honestly, - simply basing my assumption on the fact that no series has ever LOWERED representation from one game to the next
The Mario series lost Dr. Mario in Brawl and gained no one. I think it's obvious that Sakurai's a Mother fan, and Lucas isn't that much of a semi-clone. But don't expect a new Mother character.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
The Mario series lost Dr. Mario in Brawl and gained no one. I think it's obvious that Sakurai's a Mother fan, and Lucas isn't that much of a semi-clone. But don't expect a new Mother character.
I didn't even think of Dr. Mario, probably had Wario as his replacement in my mind even though he represents WarioWare rather than Mario.

Hmm, regardless, I still don't think it would make much sense to lower Mother representation back to only a single rep the very next game - but then again, Sakurai has been nothing if not surprising this go around. I also get a sneaking suspicion that Nintendo is possibly working on something Mother 3 related (kind of taking my feeling from the e3 skits where Reggie kept beating up the fan mentioning mother 3, starfox, etc. we did get a new starfox after that, and earthbound just got rereleased here so there's more interest in the Mother series again) and they'd wand to keep Lucas around for sure if that was the case.

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin

It's mindless whining. That's about it really.

Captain Falcon has golden nipples. Don't really see anyone complaining about that.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Lack of info regarding Custom Moves, if :4mii: and :4palutena:have custom specials, but my man :4megaman: doesn't, I swear Sakurai....

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's mindless whining. That's about it really.

Captain Falcon has golden nipples. Don't really see anyone complaining about that.
It's mindless whining to you. You forgot the end of your sentence, there.

Also, that example has little, if anything, to do with the topic of needless sexualization through radical character redesign that has nothing to do with that character's canonical roots. Unless you're really turned on by male nipples.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Okay, about these heel things, it's also impractical to fight in a dress. Not to mention DK's Tie is probably uncomfortable and has no real function bate. And there's no way the Mario Bros.' overalls aren't restricting.

They are video game characters. They are stylized. The heels are there because they make the rocket boots more prominent.
WOW I understand your point, but you used some bad examples.

DK has a tie for two reasons. One is to be classier then your grandma with shoulder pads and Two to scare the living **** out of any human that may so much as glance at this wild species of gorilla that some how figured out the mystery of mankind's most complicated piece of male clothing and was able tie his tie with his giant keg sized fists. This alone has scared many a men to death from the very notion.

Mario has overalls because he's a plumber and plain and simple it symbolizes his ability to take no ****s from his opposition. It also shows off his amazing flexibility that makes trained gymnasts jealous when he is able to perform flash kicks, back flips, front flips, somersaults and other various techniques, WHILE wearing overalls. These are all major factors for the mind games associated with Smash.

You know why Zero Suit wears heels? Because she's a damn fox that ain't gonna let the man take away her sexuality. She learned to fight in heels and by god she's going to show her balance and command of her body through the 6 inch jet booted heels on her feet. I mean it may just be me, but that **** is impressive as ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom