• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst part of Super Smash Bros 4? Game is out everywhere, go ape ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Worst part of smash in general: Not enough love for smaller series. For every Mother, Fire Emblem, and F-Zero, there are probably three Golden Suns, Fossil Fighters, and Advance Wars left in the dirt. I'd prefer it if a series getting 2 characters was generous.

Know it too late for this to change, just wanted to throw it out there.

Shinryuenjin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shinryuenjin
It's mindless whining to you. You forgot the end of your sentence, there.

Also, that example has little, if anything, to do with the topic of needless sexualization through radical character redesign that has nothing to do with that character's canonical roots. Unless you're really turned on by male nipples.
It isn't just mindless whining to me. It's mindless whining to the developers. The japanese haven't batted an eye over this stuff because its a video game, not a soapbox to preach social justice bull****. Hundreds of novels that sexualize males and get marketed towards adult women get published a year yet no one gives a ****.

They're functional, and you only dislike them because heels+women=OH NO SEXUALIZATION CAN'T HAVE THAT. I just don't want to hear it. You're just parroting popular politics to sound intelligent and refined and frankly I'm tired of seeing politically correct bull**** everywhere I go.

The best part? The heels aren't changing. As far as "canonical roots" go, redesigns occur. Especially in Smash Bros. You'd think you people would be used to it by now.

Last edited:

Azureo

Smash Cadet
NNID
XFrostheartX
3DS FC
4940-6338-3501
The worst part, for me, will be that I know all these amazing characters will be in the game, getting me all hyped up. Then when I get the game I'll have to play for several hours just to unlock them so I can actually test them out. I'll probably enjoy those hours, but they'll also be spent with "dammit, I want to play X already" in my mind the entire time.

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
The worst part, for me, will be that I know all these amazing characters will be in the game, getting me all hyped up. Then when I get the game I'll have to play for several hours just to unlock them so I can actually test them out. I'll probably enjoy those hours, but they'll also be spent with "dammit, I want to play X already" in my mind the entire time.
I'd imagine Japan would have the unlock requirements in 3 weeks, and don't forget strategy guides.

You know what'd be cool? If the char requirements were given to you either directly or via a hint system (perhaps only a few at a time), so one doesn't have to go through trial and error in hopes of unlocking stuff.

I feel you on X. Delays suck.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Well, the worst part for me would be the fact that I would know all of the characters in the game BEFORE the game comes out. I REALLY don't want to be spoiled, but I'll likely spoil myself anyways through lack of willpower or something to that effect. I REALLY wished it was a worldwide reveal as opposed to a region getting the game 3 weeks before the rest of the regions. I REALLY dislike delays. If it were a worldwide release, I would be less spoiled by the contents of the game.

Well, if that above paragraph doesn't count, then I guess I would say either the lack of horizontal dash momentum when jumping out of a dash or the landing lag being a tad bit high, but the latter could be because of a build version being a tad old. That being said, both ARE fixable and I can adjust to whatever appears in the final version if needed. The fact that random tripping is gone and the roster being very large makes me excited already. :dr^_^:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
No Mii Fighters in online modes with randoms.

I would be totally fine with having a default looking Mii when battling randoms, or a completely white, blank canvas kinda Mii, or SOMETHING. I like randomly fighting people without having to hook up with other gamers and getting friendcodes and all that, where I live there aren't many nerds to fight with too, so quick online battles seems really appealing. But because of this, I'm a bit hesitant to use Mii Fighter often.

Last edited:

Fumpster

Smash Rookie
Some of my favourite updates on the Dojo were the music updates, of which we've gotten none of so far, so I need to listen to direct feed audio from sites like Nintendo World Report to get my musical fix, but then I have to deal with sound effects. So, for me, it's the lack of musical updates. If we're talking about the game specifically and rather than the content surrounding the game...

No Mii Fighters in online modes with randoms.

I would be totally fine with having a default looking Mii when battling randoms, or a completely white, blank canvas kinda Mii, or SOMETHING. I like randomly fighting people without having to hook up with other gamers and getting friendcodes and all that, where I live there aren't many nerds to fight with too, so quick online battles seems really appealing. But because of this, I'm a bit hesitant to use Mii Fighter often.
It's definitely this. I think the Miis were pulled off extremely well, but when they announced that they would not be playable in For Glory, it gave me the impression that they were added as playable as more of an afterthought since they seem to be the new Multi-Man Melee. If I can't use them in For Glory, which will be one of my most played modes, then I'm probably not going to play as them very often and it's a shame because I really like how the Mii Gunner is looking.

I also wish they would reference the Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario series of games more often. There is a lot of potential there for moves, but there is too large of a focus on the platformer games.

Last edited:

Troll Man

Smash Cadet
To me, it's the lack of transformations in the game. Transformations could have stayed in via removing a taunt for a character, and not taking up a whole move. That's what they should have done in the beginning in my opinion. I completely understand the removal of the mechanic for a character like Zero Suit Samus, but for Pokemon Trainer and Zelda/Sheik, it seemed like the mechanic really represented the characters in their own game.
I guess I sort of like the fact that Charizard is his own character, but I still wish Red was still in the background when he fought. Would have been fun to have him stay in my opinion.
Other than that I'm loving how the game's coming out. Hopefully all the new mechanics people are finding stay in the game and aren't accidents.

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
Worst part for me is still not knowing whether the 3DS and the Wii-U are compatible with online play against each other. In fact, I'm not even sure if they even confirmed it or it's TBA again.

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
...Different stages.
Let that answer your question.
That can be an answer; playing on just Battlefield and Final Destination could work as well. In fact, the two games might even share a few stages, we were only informed that there are different stages for the two titles but not the other way around.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Okay, as of today's PotD, I now have a genuine complaint;

There's no single-player modes in the 3DS version.

That, my friends, is the absolute worst part.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

Just like For Glory 1vs1 will be Time-based! It's time for baseless assumptions kids!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
What's the worst part? I can't use the Mii Fighters on For Fun & Glory modes. Is Sakurai afraid of people finding Hitler Mii's? You can find those on MK8 online so I don't know why Sakurai is being so careful. Also I hope there's an online Tourney Mode, at least for the Wii U. I've been waiting for an online tourney mode since Brawl online was confirmed. Then again if the mode is in or not you don't need it to start online tournies anyway.

"Smash" could just be a sub menu leading to VS, Solo Modes, Multi-Man etc.

Last edited:

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
"Smash" could just be a sub menu leading to VS, Solo Modes, Multi-Man etc.
This is also my guess. Smash Run is on the first screen only because the developers want to showcase the mode, which is exclusive for the 3DS-Version. "Smash" will have all the Single- and Local-Modi and "Games & More" properly a lot of mini-games (for example to get trophies) and options.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yeah, it's not like is could be under any other buttons.
Like challenges.
Or Games and More.
Probably the latter.
Challenges is the achievement wall. That's what it meant in Brawl, no reason to suddenly change the definition.

I think Games & More is Masterpieces/Chronicle, but as it's my last hope, I'll give it the benefit if the doubt for now...

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Challenges is the achievement wall. That's what it meant in Brawl, no reason to suddenly change the definition.

I think Games & More is Masterpieces/Chronicle, but as it's my last hope, I'll give it the benefit if the doubt for now...
Because Classic mode wasn't pretty much confirmed on this trailer...

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
3DS is coming out before Wii U.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Knowing that you can still play extremely defensive and be rewarded for that kind of play style. You know who I'm talking to. Ahem ZSS. Nah on a serious note I would say the extended wait time for the Wii U. The time is going to be pushed back greatly again. I can feel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom