• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

worst excuse you heard someone say cause they lost

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Oh my gosh.. Today after school, I went to a gaming store to go play melee.. I was better than all of the people there, and everyone knew it. This one guy got pwned by me like every match, and everytime I pwn him he complaints and says statements like, "That was gay, Stupid marth and the tip of his sword, and that marth is so annoying. When we were playing teams, he lost all of his lives, and he told his friend to kill one of the guys there that everyone knew I was better than (I was on his team), because I wasn't much of a threat... I ken comboed his friend and he said, "That's because Marth is so fast, and plus his sword is long and at the tip is makes you go fly faster." None of the people there could wavedash, or L-cancel. All they do is camp and dodge-roll. One of the people there was pretty good though, and was a good sport. <Only person that wasn't considered a noob

On Tuesday, I'm going to pwn him. And I'm going to record it and put it on Youtube.... Dumb noob.

Zink

Smash Champion
Leshiek? Vid up?
"Kirby is so cheap, he takes no skill. Just jump jump jump jump jump then down-b, it's impossible to dodge."

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
everytime i play my friend who thinks he is better than me i always pwn him
he always says : "but i am still better than you and you know it" and he believes it wholeheartedly

quak

Smash Champion
"Who the **** superglued my c-stick solid?!?"

and.....

"Dude, i can't play as well with a cast on my forearm"

Heh Heh Heh, what scrubs....

_clinton

Smash Master
The controler is broken (he is the one who breaks them), your cheap...

you know stuff like that (this one time in Fourside I 4 stocked him using Mario and he was Falcon BTW). I lose to him every now and then (no one has a perfect score card you know) but I never throw a fit. BTW I mainly use a Random Character.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
one of my friends complained about the tier list being at fault.

i was mewtwo and he was marth. (obviously one of the worst matchups in the game)
him: thats impossible mewtwo can't beat marth! marth is so much higher on the tier list!
me: well, the tier list in this case would apply to characters of equal skill, in this case, well.. you did JUST pick up marth. so... apparently its very possible.
him: dan just shut up. you dont know ****
me: ... (looks away, laughs)

he also said the same when his peach lost to my other friends bowser.... yeah his bowser isnt all that great. and my friends peach is pretty decent. it was pretty disgusting.

"What? That's impossible! Bowser CANT beat PEACH!"

oh and when my samus (freshly picked up earlier that day) beat his peach.

"Thats not how it works, you cant just pick up samus one day and beat my peach when i've played her for basically my entire smash career. It just cant happen."

..... yeah its getting old.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
"I was thirsty and I left my lemonade in the refrigerator"

That one is my personal favorite, lol

Phanna needs to include "Silent Johns" such as someone (after losing, mostly during tournament play) unplugs their controller and plugs it back in to reset (whereas most non-noobs will simply use the reset button combination)

manlypass@gmail.com

Smash Rookie
I don't know if anyone's ever heard this, but after I beat my friend he said this:

"Dude, the only reason I lost was because you didn't let me get back onto the edge..."

DaPerson

Smash Apprentice
The story goes something like this..
ryan: "F%&@ you kyle, you f@%$ing suck"
(i just 3 stocked him)
me: "...rly? looks like i just pwned your a$%"
ryan: "Yeah, it's all part of your therapy kyle"
me: "... therapy?"
ryan: "Yeah, i always have to let you win so you don't kill yourself"
me: "Right, then w-"
ryan: "nope, Nope, NOPE! allll part of your therapy"
me: "right..."

Now him and all my other friends say that everytime i beat them -.-

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
"It is considered cheating if you don't let me hit you" - my sister and a couple friends

"You won because pikachu is cheap" (she played fox)- some German girl in my class

and

"you ganged up on us"-my math teacher(it was a team battle 2 vs. 1 i was the one)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The worst excuse i ever heard was "I can't believe that people post the same kind of topics over and over again on Smashboards such as this one for example!"

*Sigh...* :/

*For those who can't tell sarcasm, the first two lines above is it..."

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I have this friend named Mario who mains as DK, and before every match he'll say to his opponent "if you win its because my controller is broken" or "I haven't playig in a while so you might win" or even better "I'm sick and my hands are shaky so you might win". and guess what? I have shakier hands than a 70 year old man with parkinsons syndrom and I still own with Bowser!

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Him: "It's only because your Shiek has good combo moves"
Me: "*lol* nah you just have to start waveshineing and junk"
Him: "Well at least Fox will be in SSBB and shiek won't. What will you do then hmm???"
Me: "Shut the hell up man.." "I'm not using no gay Zamus so you can pause and zoom in on her all the time"

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
"4 frames!!!"

For those who don't know, this is exclaimed many times by my crew because pretty much every character's mid-air dodge animation takes 4 frames to start up.

"I may suck at winning tournaments, but I'm still the best!"

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The people I face have some of the dumbest excuses ever like "You only won because you own this game & I don't." I responded to him with this "If that's the case then I will buy copy of SSBM, but even if you practice till your hearts content you still won't beat me."

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
"I suck at air combat! If you woulda stayed on the ground i would have killed you!"

This coming from the so called "best" player in the school. He had no clue to even what a wavedash is...darn Tennessee...lol.

I 4 stock ***** him in a 5 stock match XD. I was Falco Vs. Fox.

Hal-Yur-Azn-Pal

Smash Apprentice
"Yo you suck at smash bros. i beat you with mini-pikachu" (I think he meant Pichu)

"Yo you suck even my little brother can beat you" (His brother is like 5 and doesnt even know wtf he is doing when playing smash)

All this coming from a guy, who when i told samus could grapple on the side of the level died five times trying to do it.

Then he was like "Hey how come it's not working?"

"It's cuz your facing the wrong way"

N00bs these days, think they kow everything.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
(Using fictional names)

Tom: Stupid Controller's being gay
Bob: It's not the Controller (GCN remote), it's the "Controller" (Person playing the game)

Jeff: Shielding is gay, you can't just pull out a red circle from no where.
Me: (holds sheild button)
Me: Looks pretty possible to me.

Jeff: (doesn't recover back to stage)
Jeff: No don't jump, 'cause I'm gaaaaayyy!!!!!" (sarcasm)

Jeff: (falls to his doom)
Jeff: Of course, I hit down-A, get hit off the side, and then it works...

Jeff: You only won because of your stupid sheilding
Me: I only kept sheilding because you kept F-Smashing

Jeff: Stop sheilding
Me: I'm not sheilding, I'm dodging
Jeff: SAME DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Jeff: (Wins FFA match)
Jeff: Yes I won!
Me: You all ganged up on me.. so..
Bob & Tom: lol

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
Oh my gosh.. Today after school, I went to a gaming store to go play melee.. I was better than all of the people there, and everyone knew it. This one guy got pwned by me like every match, and everytime I pwn him he complaints and says statements like, "That was gay, Stupid marth and the tip of his sword, and that marth is so annoying. When we were playing teams, he lost all of his lives, and he told his friend to kill one of the guys there that everyone knew I was better than (I was on his team), because I wasn't much of a threat... I ken comboed his friend and he said, "That's because Marth is so fast, and plus his sword is long and at the tip is makes you go fly faster." None of the people there could wavedash, or L-cancel. All they do is camp and dodge-roll. One of the people there was pretty good though, and was a good sport. <Only person that wasn't considered a noob

On Tuesday, I'm going to pwn him. And I'm going to record it and put it on Youtube.... Dumb noob.
lol..... Thats all I can say.

calexbomb

Smash Cadet
ummm someplace north of the south pole but south o
i loved this one cause my bro broke my first GC controller and then i beat this loser from my school with the same controller

Kyle: My controller isnt working!

Me: my C-stick stopped working a long time ago, so what?

next match

Me: ****, Kage stop rapeing me

Kage: wow, this is the best controller ive played with today (same controller)

*puff is destroyed by a wave dash happy luigi*

kithkin

Smash Champion
my worst would probably be when i edge gaurd/hog someone (usually my noob friends, who suck) they will say "what the hell, let me recover, thats cheap."

and i say "god those pros are just cheap *******s, they dont have any skill, you just made me realize it."

Lord Pancho

Smash Rookie
Lol im got my new comp so its back to guild wars and battlefeild 2 so any way pease out and i might get banned for saying this but dont pay the cash to be premium member its a load of crap use firefox it can block everything lol

Teh Pat

Smash Rookie
dude there was this one kid i saw beating the controller(so **** desperate)then when he broke the a button finaaly he sed it doesnt work
i even have it on film on my phone haha!!!XD

Razed

Smash Ace
Most ******** Excuse- Ever!!!!!

- Warning: The following post contains an excuse of extremely ******** nature, viewer discretion is advised.

Rated 'R': For ********

**After this eighteen year old was being cocky, he got 4-stocked by my bowser while he was using MARTH! That was my first match playing with bowser**

Some guy that was there: "Y'know, you really aren't very good at this game."

"No, actually I'm probably one of the best at this game. I'm just not good against faster characters than mine you idiot."

HOW FARKIN' DUMB DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO CALL BOWSER FASTER THAN ANYTHING?!

blindhobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PSN: Ligray
Him: If I lose against you in a match, it's because I'm not going 100%.
Me: Why don't u just go 100?
Him: Cuz it's not a tourney match. When I get into matches that really matter, that's when I start doing all my wavedash, waveshine ****.
Me: It doesnt have to be a tourney match for you to play your best...Who do you play?
Him: Marth, Roy, sometimes Link.

Top Bottom