• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst 10 stages in Brawl

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, we all know that some of the stages in Brawl suck, But which ones suck the most? Alas, since we can't really apply science to this (If you found a way to apply Science to which stage is worst, please tell me), so I'll have to go with the next best thing, the vote. Simply vote for which stages you think are the worst. I'll update after every 20th or so vote. (OR at least try to). Of course, there are things I must say:

1: This is determined by how fair it is, not by how much you like it
2: due to rule # 1, you can't vote for a starter stage, as they are supposed to be the most fair, so no voting for Battlefield, FD, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), or Smashville. Also, Haliberd, Lylat Cruise, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, and PS1 are Borderline neutral, so two votes equals one point against it. The remaining 32 stages are fair game
3: this is not a/the legality discussion (although similar). If you want to complain about an unfair bias against a stage, don't post here. This is for attacking a stage, not defending one.
4: If a false belief is the reason someone voted against a stage, post a correction, but try not to look like you are complaining about an unfair bias, as rule #3 made the whining over an unfair Bias illegal in this thread
5: reasons are not necessary, but are preferable.
6: vote for only one stage at a time, voting for more than one stage (unless confusion is caused) will count to the first one.
7: you can't vote twice, that's just cheap. (fortunately, before editing this rule, nobody has voted twice)
8: Moderators, I searched this and tried to make this as different from the legality discussion as a can.

The current list:
10: Bridge of Eldin, 2 Votes
9: Flat Zone 2, 2
8: Norfair, 2
7: Summit, 3
6: Temple, 4
5: Rumble Falls, 11
4: NPC, 11
3: Hanenbow, 16
2: 75m, 18
1: Mario Bros, 20

9: if you don't like reading and this is the thing you read, Go back and read the entire thing
10: Disobeying any rules will result in me telling you to go back to this page.

Stages with vote(s), but are below or tied with stages on the list:

Warioware, 1
Pictochat, 1
Distant Planet, 1
Mushroomy kingdom: 1

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Temple. I just fought there with Ganon in with anyone (never, ever do that) and spent the entire time chasing a stupid Pit.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I vote for the Mario Bros. stage.

This stage is absolutely unfair. The turtles and crabs (I know thats not what they're called) make the stage automatically unfair, considering that many people believe items to be unfair. Plus, the things have unreal knockback, which hit you of the walk of edge stage.

That's the second reason, the walk of edges create some sort of choas in this stage. A Kirby user could be waiting to suck you up and spit you off the stage, (which is "unfair" in the first place) and someone throws a turtle/crab resulting in Kirby's death.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
The Summit... Characters that have tether recoveries are screwed there. I've died so many times from the lack of ledges on that stage.

Flat Zone 2. Waaaay to many obstacles here, its like the stage itself is fighting you. Dang those lion tamers!

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i think wario is a good level just not 4 tournyes. its like playin 2 games at once. but i hate temple where u play the entire game chasing down fast characters or characters that alternate between edges...

ZSSonDelfino

Smash Cadet
I agree that all those stages are awful (except Warioware, that's just a gimmicky stage not a bad one), but probably 75m is in the top 10 along with Big Blue. Temple and New Pork are too big plus they are really inconvenient to get around with heavy characters...or any characters really, which is just too bad. I liked those stage ideas. Flat Zone is terrible too, and so is Skyworld, although Skyworld might not be the top 10 worst. Summit would be a really fun stage if you can just grab the edges...too bad really....Olimar/Ivysaur don't stand a chance.

Tangy

Smash Apprentice
75m - no place to fight and the springs are just unpredictable. Also I'm too distracted getting the high score.

Falcord

Smash Apprentice
Mario Bros stage just rocks, but not for playing brawl.

Let me explain. When my friends and I get tired of normal brawling, we go to Mario Bros to play "crab sniping" which is basically beating the hell out of each other with crabs and turtles (apart from normal attacks ofc).

When you start looking at the crabs and turtles as weapons and not as obstacles, the stage becomes real fun.

And for the worst stage, my vote goes to New Pork City. Just horrible.
I also dislike all the stages with dynamic, flashy backgrounds, like the new starfox one and Halberd. They make me dizzy and distract me.

Uffe

Smash Hero
  1. Hanenbow:
    Nothing says annoying like a level full of platforms that move when struck. Avoid hitting it you might say, but it really is not that simple. Even little attacks like a PK Thunder can move these platforms not only making the thing you wanted to do now messed up, but also messing up your foe.
  2. Flat Zone 2:
    There really shouldn't be any problem with this stage but there is. Let's see, you get four backgrounds. The first one is okay. Nothing wrong with it, pretty basic stuff. At least that's what is thought up until you come across some LCD characters with a safety net that makes you bounce. This is a problem. You come to attack and then suddenly this thing appears pushing you upward. Then we got what looks like a forest with some LCD's pushing people around. Personally I don't do a thing but stand when this occurs. After that you get some cook throwing food all over the place and you can get hurt by this. Lastly you have the gas station. What gets in the way are the male and female LCD's. Barely tap them and you get punished. If anything, this isn't a one on one match, this is more like a free for all with people you don't want.
  3. Mario Bros.:
    I should have probably dubbed this the worst stage and it's quite simple to see why this would be. Turtles, crabs and fireballs. If anything this stage was made for fun, not for fighting. Again with the unwanted characters pushing you around. The only way to really KO your opponent is for them to come at you while you're almost off screen and hitting them or tossing them out. Otherwise you need to rely more on the turtles, crabs and fireballs for you to win.
  4. Summit:
    This stage takes a little getting used to and it can be fun at times. However I find the rush of an ice berg going downhill and your character being floaty isn't all that fun if you're serious on winning. After all the characters in this game are pretty floaty anyway. Why would I want to float even more? Why would anyone for that matter? Anyway aside from that, I don't like this simply because you can't grab the edge. That cloud that floats on by? How often do you see that saving you? Never.
  5. WarioWare, Inc.:
    This stage is pretty unfair if you think about it. Do certain things just to either get healed, grow big or be invincible. I don't think I really need to tell you why this stage isn't all that great.
  6. Rumble Falls:
    Rumble Falls... I never could see why this stage was ever made. You do more running than you do fighting. Quite simple to play on, but really, you'd think they had the hint that Icicle Mountain wasn't popular, so why was this stage made?
  7. Green Hill Zone:
    What? Why would you choose this stage? Too angled. Also the floor that collapses and the little rod that only doesn't hurt the person who touched it last. True story, my brother lost on that stage simply because the floor fell and he didn't see it coming. Plus that rod is a safe haven for characters who can spam projectile.
  8. SkyWorld:
    Great stage for counterpicking, but it doesn't do anyone any good when they're trying to return and the ledge is broken. Same goes with the simple fact that you can have the ground being just clouds and have the opponent bump into the top platform thus making them bounce off of that and falling through the clouds. Same goes for trying to return through the clouds and the platform blocking you off just as you were about to save yourself.
  9. 75m:
    Why am I suddenly bringing up 75m when we all know it's the worst stage? Because it really isn't. If you think about it, the only reason people hate it is because it's large. Why do I hate it? Because of the tiny platforms around the middle section. You might ask, "Why not fight on the very right or top?" On the far right you can just push your opponent off the stage or simply toss them out. Pretty simple. Why not the top? Because DK is an enviromental hazard.
  10. New Pork City:
    In a way I do hate this stage solely because it is large. But that's not the real reason. Killing your opponent takes a lot of time and effort. "Well, Uffe! Isn't that how the game should be?" Yes, it should. But what I really mean is is that this stage takes too much effort. "Well you just complained about 75m being easy for killing, what gives?" What gives? I like playing the game and making an effort to win.
  11. Hyrule Temple:
    Seriously, how can anyone hate this stage? I mean it's so awesome! It all started in the Melee days! If I wanted to run around in circles I'd probably be playing something that requires me to do so. This game however requires beating the crud out of your opponent and not Tag.

This is all I have to say for ten of the worst stages in Brawl. If I had anymore choices I would have brought up Mushroomy Kingdom, Pirate Ship, Norfair, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town, Distant Planet, PictoChat, Rainbow Cruise and Green Greens.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, new rule, you can only vote for one stage at a time, this is too much to tally. Oh, and only the first stage you mention gets the vote, so you can vote again, but this time vote only once. Oh, you can't constantly vote for the same stage too.

Uffe

Smash Hero
OK, new rule, you can only vote for one stage at a time, this is too much to tally. Oh, and only the first stage you mention gets the vote, so you can vote again, but this time vote only once. Oh, you can't constantly vote for the same stage too.
Wait. You shouldn't make a new rule to something you already created and here's why. It may take too long to tally, but the overall stages covered are already set and if people agree with whatever stage is the worst or wants to add on something, they should be allowed to. After all your topic is called "Worst 10 Stages in Brawl". It may take awhile to tally, but that's how votes are. Also being able to vote the same stage over and over again sounds like a bad idea. I could vote Final Destination as the worst stage and vote it over and over again thus making the stage seem worse than it actually is.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Mario Bros - shells and crabs r way too strong and landmaster can't move there

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
The Summit... Characters that have tether recoveries are screwed there. I've died so many times from the lack of ledges on that stage.

Flat Zone 2. Waaaay to many obstacles here, its like the stage itself is fighting you. Dang those lion tamers!
yup, agreed! The Summit and Flat Zone 2. I'm voting for The Summit, though. lol Flat Zone 2 should be a character (it would pwn :)).

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Why does everyone keep saying Wario Ware is unfair? It's SUPPOSED to be the random crazy stage! Of course it's unfair!

Worst stage in Brawl? Who here would be happy without it? >_> YES. Exactly. No one.

The real worst stage? The one that players would be happy without it's data in the game? 75m!
Not fun.
Not original.
A failure of a fan service.
*deletes from Brawl*

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Wait. You shouldn't make a new rule to something you already created and here's why. It may take too long to tally, but the overall stages covered are already set and if people agree with whatever stage is the worst or wants to add on something, they should be allowed to. After all your topic is called "Worst 10 Stages in Brawl". It may take awhile to tally, but that's how votes are. Also being able to vote the same stage over and over again sounds like a bad idea. I could vote Final Destination as the worst stage and vote it over and over again thus making the stage seem worse than it actually is.
The reason I made the new rule is because it is already too hard to tally for so many stages already. Also, I think I said you can't, for that reason.

fredymartinez1

Smash Journeyman
75m ......... hate in back then (original game)..... i hate it even worse now because its in brawl........

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
hmm... I was gonna put in my 10 worst stages, luckily I read this if not I would have, so I advise you to change and rename your thread.

anyway for the worst stage I have to say Rumble Falls because it straight up FAILS.. get it?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
hmm... I was gonna put in my 10 worst stages, luckily I read this if not I would have, so I advise you to change and rename your thread.
Yeah, the worst 10 is designed like this: You vote for one stage which you think is the worst (or multiple), then the one with the most votes is the worst. This is the best Idea I got, so if you got a better Idea for finding out how bad a stage is other than asking everyone's opinion, please tell me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Is there a reason why many people consider 75m a bad stage. I can understand about the size of the stage, but still it doesn't look THAT awful.

Anyway my worst stage pick would have to be Hanenbow.

Agi

Smash Lord
Is there a reason why many people consider 75m a bad stage. I can understand about the size of the stage, but still it doesn't look THAT awful.
Personally, I hate it because of all the random things that can kill you (springs, DK, Fireballs) I prefer to be killed by the players, not the course, but that's just me >_>

mood4food77

Smash Hero
POKEMON STADIUM 1!

cause of hte stupid ledge that you can't tell where it wants you to grab, and the windmill

yea i voted for it...whatcha gonna do about it

on a serious note though, 75m (that's my vote)

Trapt497

Smash Ace
This is a good thread.

I vote Mario bros. Walk off stage, you bounce around everywhere hitting ceilings and everything right before a turtle/crap runs up and destroys you and makes you bounce around again.

So bad. Lol. The concept of it is really neat though.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
POKEMON STADIUM 1!

cause of hte stupid ledge that you can't tell where it wants you to grab, and the windmill

yea i voted for it...whatcha gonna do about it

on a serious note though, 75m (that's my vote)
Wait, was your vote towards PS1 or towards 75m? Your vote won't count because you just confused me, so please elaborate on this (No hard feelings, just what stage did you for for?!)

I guess that since enough people have voted and I never really banned myself from this, I might as well vote once (ONCE, not for the majority of this thread, I just want to say something). My vote goes to Norfair. Don't worry, this is going to be my only vote.

turbinator

Smash Cadet
New pork city closely followed by mario bros.

I think I must be the only person on smash boards who actually likes 75m lol.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519

Anyway my worst stage pick would have to be Hanenbow.

I hate it for: Walkoff stages, Spring of Death, crappy platforms, ladders... it's not good for competition when the othe ropponent isn't a character :(

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I don't like 75m, Mario Bros., Rumble Falls, and Rainbow Cruise.

75m, obviously you always get KO'd on the side of the platform near offscreen, it's easy to get killed, and yeah, I do that too. <(-o.o-)^

Mario Bros, OF COURSE, you throw a bunch of turtles and crabs and you get one hit KO'd by purple and red ones.

Top Bottom