• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
well then dont come into a support thread and be blatantly rude

youve stated sora stand a tiny chance while wonder red didnt stand any and quite frankly any nintendo character stand a better chance than a third party character
I did not. Nor did I come In here and be rude. I said he no LONGER stands a chance - he's deconfirmed.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Okay, so obviously I'm not the first to say it, but it looks like I am in this thread. Sakurai made the distinction today that Brittany is not playable when he revealed her trophy. Call me grasping for straws, but if I remember correctly, Wonder Red is the only trophy picture (other than perhaps Saria, as Sakurai was revealing their coming back and IIRC didn't even mention her by name) in which Sakurai didn't make the necessary distinction that the character wasn't playable. He only said that there were trophies of the some of the other Wonderful 101 characters, never actually saying Wonder Red wasn't playable, like he has for everybody else (again, unless I'm missing somebody).

So, yeah, Wonder Red might still have a chance. Thoughts?
I have the same suspicion. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time Sakurai revealed a character in plain sight without fully disclosing their fate (RIDLEY).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Enough with the arguing in here. Change the subject.

Otherwise I'm going to dole out infractions.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I loved this Jergingha gifs!! Is there one featuring Jergingha crossing his arms in the final form??

================

Since Wonder Red will be just a trophy, nothing more fair than add trophies for Vorkken and Jergingha as well :)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just finished mine first playthrough of the The Wonderful 101, on normal difficulty. This game...was absolutely amazing. I just love how it started off as a light-hearted, comical story, then slowly turned into a deep, emotive drama. The gameplay was pretty good as well. I love how, unlike most hack-and-slash games, this game actually puts you into situations which force you to use your mind. It also makes VERY intelligent use of the gamepad. Lastly, the Punch Out-inspired boss fights were absolutely hilarious! Overall a well-made game, with a deep, compelling, and hilarious story. I honestly was not expecting the story to be so complex.

Anyhow, it is a shame the Wonderful 100 will not be appearing in Smash 4, at least not in the gameplay. I think they would have made a very interesting Assist Trophy. For instance, they could have randomly transformed into different weapons using Unite Morph and attack opponents. One moment they are using Unite Hand, the other moment they are using Unite Sword, and so on. [Shrugs] Oh well.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I love Wonderful 101 with all of my guts! It's already my favorite game of this entire generation.

I would love if Platinum Games use the combat mechanics and the Unite Morph system in a Anarchy Reigns-like multiplayer game.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
That was the original plan, I believe. But, in the end, they decided to create an original cast. There are a few Nintendo references in the game, though.
No I mean are they a Nintendo ip

SketchFox7

Smash Journeyman
I'm fully a supporter and imo, the trophy does not deconfim him, just like the Ridley tease in the Direct does not deconfirm him either. Sakurai didn't even say his name in the Miiverse post let alone deconfirm him as playable. Ntm, I can't help but wonder (heh) why the Wonderful Ones would each get their own regular trophy. If regular trophies were all they were getting, then why not put them together in a "Wonderful Ones" trophy, they are a team afterall. The only sense I can make of individual trophies is if they have a more important inclusion such as Wonder Red being playable and the Wonderful Ones joining him for a team attack as a Final Smash.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I had an idea. What if we got Wonder Bayonetta for our Platinum character? How would you guys think about that.

Dang, I need to make a thread for this now.

domokl

Smash Lord
Phosphora is an Assist, you know what this means...
Also, I just found this http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/20/kamiya-defends-wonderful-101-reviews/
This is one of the many reasons I respect Kamiya :laugh:
i dont mean to rain on your parade or anything but sakurai said if a character appeared as a trophy first their dead.phosphora was revealed first as a trophy and became an assit. there was no rule saying you cant be an assist trophy if your shown as a trophy first unlike the playable character rule. so it means squat.

D

Deleted member

i dont mean to rain on your parade or anything but sakurai said if a character appeared as a trophy first their dead.phosphora was revealed first as a trophy and became an assit. there was no rule saying you cant be an assist trophy if your shown as a trophy first unlike the playable character rule. so it means squat.
What I meant is that he can be now an Assist, at least if he gets the Isaac treatment in Brawl, we get a theme from the game, I would love to see the Punch-Out parody theme in the Boxing Ring or Jergingha Planet Destruction Form's theme on Final Destination

Last edited by a moderator:

IronFish

Smash Ace
What I meant is that he can be now an Assist, at least if he gets the Isaac treatment in Brawl, we get a theme from the game, I would love to see the Punch-Out parody theme in the Boxing Ring or Jergingha Planet Destruction Form's theme on Final Destination
I want a W101 medley on a F-Zero stage, and "Punch-Punch-March" on the boxing ring stage.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wait, Phosphora was revealed as an assist trophy? I must of missed that while I was on vacation. This... this is the greatest news I've heard since this game was revealed. Wonder-Red could become an assist trophy. I can just see the Unite Hand obliterating everything. And songs? Too many good ones to choose just one or two, but I guess I'd say Tables Turn, Intertwined, JERGINGHA PLANET DESTRUCTION FORM, Wonder-Jergingha, a medley of "tunes" from the game, or the Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101. And when did he say if a character was revealed as an assist first they couldn't be revealed as a playable character?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait, Phosphora was revealed as an assist trophy? I must of missed that while I was on vacation. This... this is the greatest news I've heard since this game was revealed. Wonder-Red could become an assist trophy. I can just see the Unite Hand obliterating everything. And songs? Too many good ones to choose just one or two, but I guess I'd say Tables Turn, Intertwined, JERGINGHA PLANET DESTRUCTION FORM, Wonder-Jergingha, a medley of "tunes" from the game, or the Won-Stoppable Wonderful 101. And when did he say if a character was revealed as an assist first they couldn't be revealed as a playable character?
First: Phosphora is on Pale Tuna's official page
Second: According to Sakurai, Waluigi not being playable is a consequence of being an Assist(which means he won't be playable), however, I never understood why characters shown as trophy(Wonder-Red and Tiki) should be considered deconfirmed witout wording(Brittany), what kills WRed is that he is exactly like the official art, but, I still find weird that there are going to be more W101 trophies, did series that only received trophies get more than 2-3 trophies?

SketchFox7

Smash Journeyman
First: Phosphora is on Pale Tuna's official page
Second: According to Sakurai, Waluigi not being playable is a consequence of being an Assist(which means he won't be playable), however, I never understood why characters shown as trophy(Wonder-Red and Tiki) should be considered deconfirmed witout wording(Brittany), what kills WRed is that he is exactly like the official art, but, I still find weird that there are going to be more W101 trophies, did series that only received trophies get more than 2-3 trophies?
Thank you!, I've been saying this for over a month, just a few posts back actually. If all W101 was getting was trophy representation then why not put the core team on a single trophy as "The Wonderful Ones" featuring Red, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, White & Black? Something is up with it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm not saying Wonder Red himself is even disconfirmed.
Maybe, but what makes it so? That... that he has a trophy? Do all characters not have trophies? It seemed peculiar to me when that PoTD was posted, and even then, Phosphora was just a trophy once, now look at her assisting all around.

The Rayman trophy certainly does not Disconfirm Rayman. If anything it adds unnecessary attention to the fact that he is in the game at all, and then a useless rant. A long intricate story is often the sign of a person hiding information. Given Rayman being brought up/shown for no point what so ever if he is not playable, this would be pure disappointment if he were not in. Now, drawing out his possible inclusion at this time for a bit of hype, making us wonder if he is indeed playable or just a trophy, and then bringing that tease to just a point of climax to reveal another third party character after making it seem we got our final in Pacman- THAT adds hype. It also continues this momentum in the final months of speculation, particularly as it was introduced right before what we were flat out told is one of the last character videos, which allows us to have that as speculation padding for excitement when the hype from Lucina and Robin inevitably fade.

D

Deleted member

I actually think Sakurai misleading us with Rayman/Wonder-Red could be a possible way to kill all the fake leaks pre-release, I mean, he did that with ROB

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Wait, this thread is still open? I stopped getting alerts for it...
Anyway, Wonder-Red could still be an assist because Phosphora was revealed in a similar manner and turned out to be an assist after all. He may play a bigger role after all!

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Wait, this thread is still open? I stopped getting alerts for it...
Anyway, Wonder-Red could still be an assist because Phosphora was revealed in a similar manner and turned out to be an assist after all. He may play a bigger role after all!
I have a feeling he won't be an assist and will just be a collectible trophy. Only reason I say that, is IF there is DLC, I think there is a strong chance he might be added.

What I mean to say, is that its a good thing if he isn't an

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I have a feeling he won't be an assist and will just be a collectible trophy. Only reason I say that, is IF there is DLC, I think there is a strong chance he might be added.

What I mean to say, is that its a good thing if he isn't an
Yeah! DLC is a great way to add characters that didn't make the cut, like Mewtwo Wonder-Red. Jokes aside, though, Mewtwo will probably be in SSB4 "1.0," or whatever, and Wonder-Red is the strongest candidate for a newcomer DLC character. The only other newcomer DLC character I see at this point would be an Inkling, and she's arguably unlikely, since she's debuting in 2015.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Wonder Red was always one of my most wanted newcomers in this game, and the fact that he could potentially be DLC fills me with hope.

I'm honestly surprised that he wasn't a more popular choice of newcomer. From my experience, The Wonderful 101 has an incredibly strong cult following, and his presence would add a lot of depth and vivacity to an already impressive cast of characters. It may not have sold as well as Nintendo were hoping it would, but it's still a good opening to pump up hype for Platinum Games' future projects - Bayonetta 2 included!

Incidentally, I drew up a fairly in-depth character sheeet for ol' Will Wedgewood, if anybody'd like to see it. ^_^

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Wonder Red was always one of my most wanted newcomers in this game, and the fact that he could potentially be DLC fills me with hope.

I'm honestly surprised that he wasn't a more popular choice of newcomer. From my experience, The Wonderful 101 has an incredibly strong cult following, and his presence would add a lot of depth and vivacity to an already impressive cast of characters. It may not have sold as well as Nintendo were hoping it would, but it's still a good opening to pump up hype for Platinum Games' future projects - Bayonetta 2 included!

Incidentally, I drew up a fairly in-depth character sheeet for ol' Will Wedgewood, if anybody'd like to see it. ^_^

It'd be great! I'm open to any ideas! Please post it!!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Alrighty then! I'll attach the whole thing altogether, since I don't want to go posting a gigantic wall of text in this nice little thread and messing the whole layout up. >w<;;

http://freetexthost.com/fcsrw0lych
Nice! I like your specials are attacks that can only be used by Red. It's an outlook on his moveset I don't see a lot, and it makes him feel more like his character from the game. Also, great job on the custom specials! I've never seen a moveset for Red, or anyone, really, with those. And, I like the call-outs to Drill Spring and Spike Guts. Finally, I like his palette swaps. I wouldn't have chosen any other colors.
Oh, and when did you make/update this, it's oddly up to speed, ya know, with the 8 palette swaps that were just confirmed today :p.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Nice! I like your specials are attacks that can only be used by Red. It's an outlook on his moveset I don't see a lot, and it makes him feel more like his character from the game. Also, great job on the custom specials! I've never seen a moveset for Red, or anyone, really, with those. And, I like the call-outs to Drill Spring and Spike Guts. Finally, I like his palette swaps. I wouldn't have chosen any other colors.
Oh, and when did you make/update this, it's oddly up to speed, ya know, with the 8 palette swaps that were just confirmed today :p.
Why, thank you, good sir! You can probably tell that I'm a huge fan of The Wonderful 101, so I thought I'd put some time and effort into making his moveset as refined and polished as it could be. It's obviously not perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out!

I started it a brief while ago but only really finished it last week. This was after the "eight palette swaps" suggestion was mentioned in the leaks, so I looked into the amount of heroes there are in the game. Sure enough, there's Wonder Red and six other heroes, and I figured Vorkken deserves an honourable mention as the recurring rival to the heroic gang. His essential build and skills are exactly the same as Red, so I think he'd fit in nicely as an alternate costume!

I can't really take all the credit for the moves, either. The specials were all inspired by the various skills you can equip in the game, whereas the normal moves were delineated from conversations between my brother and I. It was pretty tricky to get all of the spaces filled, so we had to get creative in some respects - I hope we did the game proud, because there's just so much there that needs to be mentioned!

Oh, and incidentally, my brother did suggest an alternative gimmick for Red: rather than charging up his moves as I've suggested, he'd instead start off with a counter above his damage meter that represents the amount of allies he has. It naturally has 100, but taking damage will knock off as many as the percentage dealt with the attacks received. The more allies he has in his counter, the stronger his attacks are, and conversely, he gets weaker as he takes damage. As in the game, standing still and waiting a few seconds will replenish his stock and restore his moves to their natural strength. It's a wee bit more complicated than what I went for, but I really like the idea - I just wanted to write up my own ideas first and see how it'd work out! There's a lot of potential for Red, of course, and it's nice to know that there's so much interest and variety in just what he could theoretically do in Smash! ^_^

Top Bottom