• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote Wonder Red! - Wonder-Red's Last Stand?! Final Days of the Fighter Ballot

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
Wonder-Red was actually my most wanted newcomer, until that fateful day where this happened:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqF7YirqcA

I LOVED the Wonderful 101 a lot more than I thought I would have, and I liked all the characters in it. I had really high hopes for his inclusion and thought he had a lot of potential. Although, as you guys have already stated, he may still have a chance yet!
Sakurai didn't mention he wasn't playable as he did here with Brittany: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKluq9DPhw
Also, Sakurai didn't mention Red by name, and says "Fight!" in the description.(However could be me over-thinking it, or bad translation)
It does overall just seem a bit strange, and I think if he's not in the initial roster(which I believe is the case), he has high potential to be a DLC character!

Also @ Wintropy Wintropy , I found your moveset and ideas awesome, and if Wonder-Red does get in, I'd love for him to have a moveset like that!!

T the Mewtwo fan

Smash Rookie
Wonder-Red was actually my most wanted newcomer, until that fateful day where that happened

I LOVED the Wonderful 101 a lot more than I thought I would have, and I liked all the characters in it. I had really high hopes for his inclusion and thought he had a lot of potential. Although, as you guys have already stated, he may still have a chance yet!
Sakurai didn't mention he wasn't playable as he did here with Brittany
Also, Sakurai didn't mention Red by name, and says "Fight!" in the description.(However could be me over-thinking it, or bad translation)
It does overall just seem a bit strange, and I think if he's not in the initial roster(which I believe is the case), he has high potential to be a DLC character!

Also @ Wintropy Wintropy , I found your moveset and ideas awesome, and if Wonder-Red does get in, I'd love for him to have a moveset like that!!
I have played Wonderful 101 recently and I agree with kidoosh. Mr. Wedgewood has much potential as a DLC character so let's start supporting Wonder Red DLC like the Chrom thread. WONDER EYES RED!!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have played Wonderful 101 recently and I agree with kidoosh. Mr. Wedgewood has much potential as a DLC character so let's start supporting Wonder Red DLC like the Chrom thread. WONDER EYES RED!!
DLC is fine by me as long as we get him, can't wait to see Platinum games name in the character copyright list.

Last edited:

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
DLC is fine by me as long as we get him, can't wait to see Platinum games name in the character copyright list.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Nice to see the thread picking up relative popularity again! I wonder if 8-peackcock-8 still gets alerts for this thread. It'd be great to see him back and supporting...

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Wonder Red is one of the most likely characters at present, along with Toad, Bandana Dee, Impa, and possibly Inklings based on their super-high popularity; to be among the first DLC characters (veterans excluded, as they'd likely come first regardless). Here's to hoping he's just a trophy so he has a shot!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
UNITE! DLC!

And we are back in the running!

I will update the thread later once I come back from sleeping.

I've been gone from this thread for far too long and now I'll return to lend my support for DLC!

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Excellent! I was hoping we Wonderful Ones would get back together again!

So the way I see it, Wonder Red is still in the running for DLC. He's the protagonist of a new Nintendo IP that was marketed as a WiiU killer app, he representes Nintendo's partnership with Platinum Games, he's got a cool and dynamic fighting style that would transition excellently to Smash, and his game was originally intended to be a Smash-style action game. If nothing else, it demonstrates that Platinum Games are committed Nintendo fans and I'm pretty sure that, since they legally own the rights to the characters, Nintendo would be keen on showing off their new series.

There's also the fact that we've known for a relatively long time about the Wonder Red trophy. We know for a fact that it's there and we have it on good faith that there are trophies of the other CENTINELs, we just haven't seen them yet. What puzzles me is that Sakurai didn't outright disconfirm Red when he showed us that self-same trophy - he did it with the likes of Ashley and Brittany, for better or for worse, and it just seems even stranger to think that somebody as fresh and recognisable as Wonder Red would just dwell in limbo indefinitely. We caught a glimpse of his trophy during the 50 Fact Extravaganza, too, and it looks as shiny and snazzy as ever - absolutely beautiful in HD! I honestly feel as though he's in a similar position to Rayman; yet while he may not have the pedigree of being a long-standing and iconic video game hero that was given a new model, itself designed specifically for this game, his current situation still opens a lot of doors for ol' Will Wedgewood.

I'll be keeping my eager Wonder-Eyes on this thread. Let's hope that we can all Unite Up in the name of truth and justice when the time is right! WONDEEEER...DLC!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Updated thread title. Added a few changes to the OP.

I'm still working on new things for the OP. So expect to see those later.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Just to say, I still have that moveset I wrote up for Wonder Red. If you'd like to add it to the OP, I'm more than happy to share it with the group!

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Add me to the list of supporters, Wonder Red definitely has a ton of potential! He definitely could pull a moveset using only the unite hand and the misc. Unite Morphs like Tombstone, (Drill) Spring, Rocket, and so on, but if they give him access to the others he could really become an immensely unique fighter! He even has a very obvious final smash, being Unlimited Form or the Statue of the Godess.

I doubt he'd get the Koopaling treatment though, he'd likely get color schemes based on the other Color Wonderfuls+Vorkken, rather than full costumes.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Add me to the list of supporters, Wonder Red definitely has a ton of potential! He definitely could pull a moveset using only the unite hand and the misc. Unite Morphs like Tombstone, (Drill) Spring, Rocket, and so on, but if they give him access to the others he could really become an immensely unique fighter! He even has a very obvious final smash, being Unlimited Form or the Statue of the Godess.

I doubt he'd get the Koopaling treatment though, he'd likely get color schemes based on the other Color Wonderfuls+Vorkken, rather than full costumes.
Added!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sure, he'd be cool as DLC. Count me in as a supporter.

Last edited:

KiBom

Smash Journeyman
I think it's pretty possible that the trophies they showed, excluding maybe Ridley, will be the first wave of DLC characters considering Mewtwo's final smash trophy was shown at the same time. I just really want Wonder Red in.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Added a new argument/counter argument for the DLC possibilities.

I think it's pretty possible that the trophies they showed, excluding maybe Ridley, will be the first wave of DLC characters considering Mewtwo's final smash trophy was shown at the same time. I just really want Wonder Red in.
Brittany (Pikmin 3) and Phosphora (Kid Icarus) would be with Ridley. lol
Added to support!
Sure, he'd be cool as DLC. Count me in as a supporter.
Added!

Wonder Red was the character where I hadn't played the game but supported nonetheless (I really need to get a copy . . .)

I could very well see him (and hope to see him) as DLC if he remains/gets an increase in popularity

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
It's nice to see Wonder-Red back in the running. From what I understand, The Wonderful 101 has been picking up popularity. Perhaps it'll this generation's Earthbound. Anywho, with the reveal of custom moves and all, I'll post an updated moveset later, whenever I get the time. Oh, and since no-one's dropped a hype song in honor of this momentous occasion, I'll take the liberty of doing it.

KoM

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ReiTsubomi
3DS FC
2638-0679-1408
Sign me up, I want him in badly.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
With a Rolling Western song confirmed for Smash, do you think we will get Wonderful 101 music as well?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
With a Rolling Western song confirmed for Smash, do you think we will get Wonderful 101 music as well?
I hope so! The Wonderful 101's soundtrack was spectacular, and it would be a shame not include it. I personally would like to see Tables Turn, The Won-Stoppable Wonderful 100/1, Wonder-Jergingha, JERGINGHA PLANET DESTRUCTION FORM, or just a medley if tunes from the game, like Wonder-Eyes and Wonder-Eyes (Black).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So many new faces coming to support or Wonderful Hero. It's a real joy to be back guys, let's make it a good ride for DLC my friends.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wonder-Red in Smash?!

Where do I sign to make it happen?

(In other words, I'd like to support Red)
Wonder Red was the character where I hadn't played the game but supported nonetheless (I really need to get a copy . . .)

I could very well see him (and hope to see him) as DLC if he remains/gets an increase in popularity
Sign me up, I want him in badly.
Updated supporters list.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
I came up with a Wonder Red moveset, and I think it's decently solid. Tell me how you all feel about it. Includes damage percents and all 3 special variations.
[collapse=Moveset]
Run Speed – 4/5
Jump Height – 4/5
Weight – 2/5
Gravity – 3/5
Vertical Air Speed – 2.5/5
Horizontal Air Speed – 2.5/5

Size – Taller than Olimar, shorter than Little Mac, similarly proportioned to characters like Mario and Luigi.

Jab – Red performs a strong singular jab without any unite ability active. Deals 8%, medium hitstun and knockback.

Dash – Wonder Red becomes the Unite Ball and tumbles forward for a short distance, dealing a singular strong hit to each enemy he encounters, similarly to Mega Man’s down tilt, can be jump canceled at the cost of both of his jumps. Deals 6% with medium hitstun and low but scaling knockback.

Ftilt – Performs a dual sweep, left and right, then a downward swing, and finally an upward swing. Each swing requires an additional button input, similar to Meta Knight’s forward tilt or Marth/Lucina’s dancing blade. Each swing of the initial sweeps has 1 hitbox, which deal low damage and trap enemies into the attack, the downward swing bounces enemies off the ground with a very weak meteor effect, and the uppercut has 3 hitboxes, which launch the enemy on the last hit. Enemies will only be fully trapped in the attack at middling percents or higher thanks to scaling hitstun. First two sweeps deal 4%, the downward swing deals 5% and the uppercut’s hits deal 2%, 2% and 5%. The attack can be jump canceled after any of the swings except the last swing. The final swing of the uppercut can KO. The meteor effect on the 3rd swing is too weak to KO enemies off stage reliably, similarly to Wii Fit Trainer’s Fair spike.

Dtilt – Red swings his fist downward, until it hits the ground. Deals 6% while swinging and another 5% upon hitting the ground. Pops enemies straight upward.

Utilt – Swings a Unite Hand in a shallow arc overhead, defending from enemies above and in front of him. Deals 8% damage. Can KO ~105%

Fsmash – Charges up a Wonderful Stinger with the Unite Hand. Damage and range are increased the more he charges. A great finisher, but is very telegraphed and cannot combo into a charged variant. Delas 13-18% damage and medium knockback.

USmash - Fires a Unite Bazooka round a short distance overhead, which then explodes dealing 11-19% damage and middling knockback.

DSmash – With two mid-sized Unite Hands, he performs the Wonderful Cyclone! The Cyclone has a ton of hitboxes, and spins longer the longer he charges. Each hitbox deals 2-3% damage and the final hit launches enemies only a short distance. Great for racking damage and combo ending but not as a get off me tool.

Nair – Slashes around himself three times with the Unite Claws. This attack has an aesthetic ice damage effect. Each hit deals 5% damage and links into itself. Autocancels.

Fair – Red reels back with the Unite Hammer before smashing enemies downward with a powerful meteor spike. Deals 14% damage and is almost certain to KO off stage foes. Also pops opponents straight upwards if they are on the ground. Has high endlag and a rather large startup window.

Bair – Swings a Unite Hand backwards for a mighty backfist with a flaming effect. Deals 10% damage and high knockback. Similar in flavor to Ganondorf’s or Captain Falcon’s Back Air. Autocancels.

Uair – Cracks the Unite Whip upwards, dealing more damage the farther away on the whip he hits the opponent. Deals good damage and is great for juggling. Deals 4% near to him or 11% at the very tip of the whip. Can KO at high percents as well. Suffers immensely from stale move negation, also deals great shield damage if hitting an enemy who is shielding on a platform above Wonder Red.

Dair – Unite Tombstone, Red drops to the ground as a tombstone, which spikes enemies in the air, and buries enemies on the ground if he lands directly on them. He cannot cancel this attack for some time however, so it is dangerous to use off stage. Deals 9% on the dropping hit and 11% on the burying hit. Has good amount of end lag making it bad for comboing.

Zair – He cracks the Unite Whip forward sharply, dealing 3% damage at the end of it, specializing in breaking shields. Can grab ledges from a medium distance away.

Neutral Special – Wonder Liner
A red line begins drawing a circle around Wonder Red, growing as it continues to be drawn. Based on how long he charged (up to a cap) his next attack using the Unite Hand has extra range and power, but only for one hit. He’s left completely helpless while drawing the Wonder Liner, however.

Neutral Special 2 – Attack Liner
The red line he draws has rapidfire hitboxes that deal 1% but have low priority. He can be attacked through it. The line moves a little slower, and the final boost in attack power is somewhat higher. At maximum charge with this special Wonder Red’s next Unite Hand attack is on fire.

Neutral Special 3 – Speed Liner
The line moves immensely quickly, but doesn’t power him up as much damage wise. Range increase is still the same.

Forward Special – Unite Sword Stinger
Wonder Red can simply tap the button and release to attack or can hold the button to charge this attack and as he does, a blue line moves straight forward from his body a short distance. This has no hitbox and is purely aesthetic. Based on how long he charges the unite sword he fires at the end travels farther and is larger, as well as dealing slightly more damage. Deals 4% if he just fires it right away, but still has a wide hitbox and travels a good length. At maximum charge it deals 2 hits of 7% damage and will travel fully across final destination.

Forward Special 2 – Unite Sword Autopilot
He places a sword down in front of him which flails about for four swings, moving slightly forward with each one. Great for stage control, and trapping enemies, but the swings take too long between each one to combo by itself. Each swing deals 3%, this attack cannot be charged, and will clash with many projectiles.

Forward Special 3 - Unite Sword Reflector
The line that appears moves straight upward this time and when released a sword standing upright appears. It has no hitbox and can be passed through by Wonder Red and his foes with no difficulty, but it will reflect any hostile projectiles from either side while it stands. When uncharged the sword is only as tall as Red himself, but fully charged will reach slightly through Battlefield’s top platform.

Up Special – Wonderful Upper
Wonder Red performs an uppercut that gives him great height and has 3 hitboxes that carry enemies along with him. The hitboxes deal 3%, 3% and then 4%, and the final hit can KO. When powered up by neutral special, Wonder Red can simply use this power twice before hitting the ground rather than once, it’s range and attack power is not increased.

Up Special 2 – Unite Rocket
By mashing the B button as fast as he can, Wonder Red charges up the Unite Rocket. The more he mashes the higher it goes. Has a hitbox as it blasts off that pushes enemies harshly away and deals a scaling amount of damage from 1% to 15% based on how much he charged it.

Up Special 3 – Wonder Jump
Red jumps to the nearest safe platform on an automatic trail, but this move is not refreshed if he’s hit out of it. He also travels more slowly than a normal jump while performing this technique, but he can recover from any distance.

Down Special – Unite Guts
A counter type attack that paralyses enemies and then repels them sharply. At high percents the paralysis will last long enough for him to follow up on, and extreme percents the blowback can KO enemies on its own. Damage scaling is .75x what he would have taken, knockback scaling on the blowback is 1.6x. Requires very strict timing to get down, but can repel an unlimited number of strikes during its active frames.

Down Special 2 – Spikey Guts
Deals damage to enemies simply for touching the guts, on top of dealing harsher damage but less knockback if they strike it. It’s active time is even shorter, but the spikes persist the whole time. He’s also stuck in this form slightly longer.

Down Special 3 – Healing Guts
Upon successfully countering an attack, Wonder Red heals 10% damage, +25% of the damage he would have taken. In exchange this deals significantly lower damage and knockback.

Final Smash – Unlimited Form
After striking an intricate and cool pose, all of Wonder Red’s abilities are boosted to the maximum. His damage and knockback are increased immensely across the board, all of his Unite Morphs are drastically increased in size, his speed and jumping power are increased to maximum, and his shield cannot be depleted during this time. Lasts for 15 seconds.

Others - His rolling dodge animation ought to be the Unite Spring in appearance, but function the same as any other.
[/collapse]

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I actually think that while the possibility is remote, Wonder Red does have a chance at being a DLC character, but we should wait for more word before getting too exited.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I came up with a Wonder Red moveset, and I think it's decently solid. Tell me how you all feel about it. Includes damage percents and all 3 special variations.
[collapse=Moveset]
Run Speed – 4/5
Jump Height – 4/5
Weight – 2/5
Gravity – 3/5

Size – Taller than Olimar, shorter than Little Mac, similarly proportioned to characters like Mario and Luigi.

Jab – Red performs a strong singular jab without any unite ability active. Deals 8%, medium hitstun and knockback.

Dash – Wonder Red becomes the Unite Ball and tumbles forward for a short distance, dealing a singular strong hit to each enemy he encounters, similarly to Mega Man’s down tilt, can be jump canceled at the cost of both of his jumps. Deals 6% with medium hitstun and low but scaling knockback.

Ftilt – Performs a dual sweep, left and right, then a downward swing, and finally an upward swing. Each swing requires an additional button input, similar to Meta Knight’s forward tilt or Marth/Lucina’s dancing blade. Each swing of the initial sweeps has 1 hitbox, which deal low damage and trap enemies into the attack, the downward swing bounces enemies off the ground with a very weak meteor effect, and the uppercut has 3 hitboxes, which launch the enemy on the last hit. Enemies will only be fully trapped in the attack at middling percents or higher thanks to scaling hitstun. First two sweeps deal 4%, the downward swing deals 5% and the uppercut’s hits deal 2%, 2% and 5%. The attack can be jump canceled after any of the swings except the last swing. The final swing of the uppercut can KO. The meteor effect on the 3rd swing is too weak to KO enemies off stage reliably, similarly to Wii Fit Trainer’s Fair spike.

Dtilt – Red swings his fist downward, until it hits the ground. Deals 6% while swinging and another 5% upon hitting the ground. Pops enemies straight upward.

Utilt – Swings a Unite Hand in a shallow arc overhead, defending from enemies above and in front of him. Deals 8% damage. Can KO ~105%

Fsmash – Charges up a Wonderful Stinger with the Unite Hand. Damage and range are increased the more he charges. A great finisher, but is very telegraphed and cannot combo into a charged variant. Delas 13-18% damage and medium knockback.

USmash - Fires a Unite Bazooka round a short distance overhead, which then explodes dealing 11-19% damage and middling knockback.

DSmash – With two mid-sized Unite Hands, he performs the Wonderful Cyclone! The Cyclone has a ton of hitboxes, and spins longer the longer he charges. Each hitbox deals 2-3% damage and the final hit launches enemies only a short distance. Great for racking damage and combo ending but not as a get off me tool.

Nair – Slashes around himself three times with the Unite Claws. This attack has an aesthetic ice damage effect. Each hit deals 5% damage and links into itself. Autocancels.

Fair – Red reels back with the Unite Hammer before smashing enemies downward with a powerful meteor spike. Deals 14% damage and is almost certain to KO off stage foes. Also pops opponents straight upwards if they are on the ground. Has high endlag and a rather large startup window.

Bair – Swings a Unite Hand backwards for a mighty backfist with a flaming effect. Deals 10% damage and high knockback. Similar in flavor to Ganondorf’s or Captain Falcon’s Back Air. Autocancels.

Uair – Cracks the Unite Whip upwards, dealing more damage the farther away on the whip he hits the opponent. Deals good damage and is great for juggling. Deals 4% near to him or 11% at the very tip of the whip. Can KO at high percents as well. Suffers immensely from stale move negation, also deals great shield damage if hitting an enemy who is shielding on a platform above Wonder Red.

Dair – Unite Tombstone, Red drops to the ground as a tombstone, which spikes enemies in the air, and buries enemies on the ground if he lands directly on them. He cannot cancel this attack for some time however, so it is dangerous to use off stage. Deals 9% on the dropping hit and 11% on the burying hit. Has good amount of end lag making it bad for comboing.

Zair – He cracks the Unite Whip forward sharply, dealing 3% damage at the end of it, specializing in breaking shields. Can grab ledges from a medium distance away.

A red line begins drawing a circle around Wonder Red, growing as it continues to be drawn. Based on how long he charged (up to a cap) his next attack using the Unite Hand has extra range and power, but only for one hit. He’s left completely helpless while drawing the Wonder Liner, however.

The red line he draws has rapidfire hitboxes that deal 1% but have low priority. He can be attacked through it. The line moves a little slower, and the final boost in attack power is somewhat higher. At maximum charge with this special Wonder Red’s next Unite Hand attack is on fire.

The line moves immensely quickly, but doesn’t power him up as much damage wise. Range increase is still the same.

Wonder Red can simply tap the button and release to attack or can hold the button to charge this attack and as he does, a blue line moves straight forward from his body a short distance. This has no hitbox and is purely aesthetic. Based on how long he charges the unite sword he fires at the end travels farther and is larger, as well as dealing slightly more damage. Deals 4% if he just fires it right away, but still has a wide hitbox and travels a good length. At maximum charge it deals 2 hits of 7% damage and will travel fully across final destination.

He places a sword down in front of him which flails about for four swings, moving slightly forward with each one. Great for stage control, and trapping enemies, but the swings take too long between each one to combo by itself. Each swing deals 3%, this attack cannot be charged, and will clash with many projectiles.

The line that appears moves straight upward this time and when released a sword standing upright appears. It has no hitbox and can be passed through by Wonder Red and his foes with no difficulty, but it will reflect any hostile projectiles from either side while it stands. When uncharged the sword is only as tall as Red himself, but fully charged will reach slightly through Battlefield’s top platform.

Wonder Red performs an uppercut that gives him great height and has 3 hitboxes that carry enemies along with him. The hitboxes deal 3%, 3% and then 4%, and the final hit can KO. When powered up by neutral special, Wonder Red can simply use this power twice before hitting the ground rather than once, it’s range and attack power is not increased.

By mashing the B button as fast as he can, Wonder Red charges up the Unite Rocket. The more he mashes the higher it goes. Has a hitbox as it blasts off that pushes enemies harshly away and deals a scaling amount of damage from 1% to 15% based on how much he charged it.

Red jumps to the nearest safe platform on an automatic trail, but this move is not refreshed if he’s hit out of it. He also travels more slowly than a normal jump while performing this technique, but he can recover from any distance.

A counter type attack that repels enemies paralyses enemies and then repels them sharply. At high percents the paralysis will last long enough for him to follow up on, and extreme percents the blowback can KO enemies on its own. Damage scaling is .75x what he would have taken, knockback scaling on the blowback is 1.6x. Requires very strict timing to get down, but can repel an unlimited number of strikes during its active frames.

Deals damage to enemies simply for touching the guts, on top of dealing harsher damage but less knockback if they strike it. It’s active time is even shorter, but the spikes persist the whole time. He’s also stuck in this form slightly longer.

Upon successfully countering an attack, Wonder Red heals 10% damage, +25% of the damage he would have taken. In exchange this deals significantly lower damage and knockback.

After striking an intricate and cool pose, all of Wonder Red’s abilities are boosted to the maximum. His damage and knockback are increased immensely across the board, all of his Unite Morphs are drastically increased in size, his speed and jumping power are increased to maximum, and his shield cannot be depleted during this time. Lasts for 15 seconds.

Others - His rolling dodge animation ought to be the Unite Spring in appearance, but function the same as any other.
[/collapse]
This is actually pretty awesome. You found a way to implement the Wonder-Liner, something I couldn't do, and all in all it's very creative, especially the unique Custom Specials. I particularly like how Unite Whip is effective at breaking shields. It's a nice call-out to the game, and I really like that property!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Ask and ye shall recieve! It's a pretty hefty wall of text, so I'll link y'all the entire thing from here, 'kaaaay~?

Wonder Red moveset
It's pretty good, but I have a few ideas:

1.What about Emeritus instead of Vorkken as his last palette swap? He's literally the predecessor of Wonder-Red!
2.I think it would be a great idea if he could use powers from other Wonderful Ones as his specials (except Wonder Punch, of course), while he focuses on his actual powers with his A moveset. Due to the large number of possibilities, he could have 12 different specials, much like Palutena and Miis.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It's pretty good, but I have a few ideas:

1.What about Emeritus instead of Vorkken as his last palette swap? He's literally the predecessor of Wonder-Red!
2.I think it would be a great idea if he could use powers from other Wonderful Ones as his specials (except Wonder Punch, of course), while he focuses on his actual powers with his A moveset. Due to the large number of possibilities, he could have 12 different specials, much like Palutena and Miis.
Yeah, I wrote this in a few hastily-scrawled drafts, so I overlooked a lot of stuff. The reason I went with Vorkken instead of Emeritus (not saying his name 'cos spoilers you guys) is because Vorkkie is pretty much just a pallette swap of Red to begin with. ;P

See, that's the thing I love about this character. There's so much depth and varety that no fans' distinct movsesets are even remotely alike! >w<

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
[collapse=Moveset]
Run Speed – 4/5
Jump Height – 4/5
Weight – 2/5
Gravity – 3/5

A counter type attack that paralyses enemies and then repels them sharply. At high percents the paralysis will last long enough for him to follow up on, and extreme percents the blowback can KO enemies on its own. Damage scaling is .75x what he would have taken, knockback scaling on the blowback is 1.6x. Requires very strict timing to get down, but can repel an unlimited number of strikes during its active frames.

[/collapse]
Amazing. :awesome:

Adding to the OP and adding you to the supporters list!

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Alrighty-O! I finished my updated moveset for Wonder-Red! He is like Palutena and Miis because all of his Custom Specials are unlocked from the start. This is because each Custom Special is one Unite Morph. Its a perfect opportunity: 12 Unite Morphs, 12 Custom Specials. Tell me what you guys think.
Neutral Specials:
Custom 1-Unite Hand-Wonder-Red swings Unite Hand, and he can follow it up Unite Hand’s combo from The Wonderful 101 by pressing B again for the next strike, and so on. This move can be charged at the beginning by holding B, causing Unite Hand to be bigger for the duration of the combo and increasing its damage. Charging Unite Hand to the max causes it to catch fire and deal extra damage.

Custom 2-Unite Sword-Wonder-Red attacks with Unite Sword’s combo from The Wonderful 101. You can charge this move by holding B, increasing its size and damage. Its basic functions are identical to Unite Hand, but it has a longer range and reduced damage. However, if it is charged to the max, it becomes electrified and causes large amounts of hitstun.

Custom 3-Unite Bowgun-Wonder-Red pulls out Unite Bowgun and fires it. It can be charged by holding B to increase its size, and thus it’s Area of Effect, and damage. This move has an Area of Effect, and explodes on contact with a character or wall. It’s catch is that, while it isn’t terribly powerful (Unlike in The Wonderful 101, *cough*Unite Immorta*cough*), it reverses the controls of anybody hit for a few seconds, making it an effective KO move If you can get them far enough off the stage, and it has an Area of Effect, so it can hit multiple people at once and your aim doesn’t have to be perfect. Anybody under the influence if Unite Bowgun’s reversed controls flashes with a pink overlay and is surrounded by hearts.

Side Specials:
Custom 1-Unify Boomerang-Wonder-Red pulls out Unify Boomerang. You can charge this move by holding B, increasing its size and damage. After you release B, Wonder-Red throws it, and it goes out some distance based on its charge (Larger Boomerangs go farther), and then comes back toward Wonder-Red for him to catch. You can slightly angle this move. If it hits anybody, it hits them many, many times with weak strikes, and then hits them with a strike with a somewhat small amount of knockback. Unify Boomerang then dissipates.

Custom 2-Unite Goggles-Wonder-Red pulls on Unite Goggles. This move can be charged by holding B, increasing its size and damage. After releasing B, Wonder-Red fires twin, white-hot laser beams. These penetrate enemies, but not walls. Enemies take no knockback, but are hit multiple times by weak strikes damage, meaning this move is rather effective at racking up damage.

Custom 3-Unite Drill-Wonder-Red equips Unite Drill. You can charge this move by holding B, increasing its size and damage. After releasing B, Wonder-Red uses Unite Drill’s Wonderful Stinger (The distance covered is based on charge; larger Unite Drills cover more distance). If he hits an opponent, they are then trapped in Unite Drill, and you can mash B to strike them many times with weak hits, until Unite Drill dissipates (This takes several seconds). You can halt the assault by ceasing to mash B. The final hit, regardless how it is reached, whether by force or by choice, deals somewhat moderate knockback, which is then followed by a fair amount of end-lag. Missing with this move results in large end lag, so aim carefully.

Up Specials:
Custom 1-Unite Whip-Wonder-Red pulls out Unite Whip. You can charge this move by holding B, increasing its size and damage. Unite Whip, by default, whips forward and can be angled somewhat. However, when off-stage, it functions as a tether recovery, and automatically seeks out ledges. Unite Whip is also a command grab, as anybody hit with it is dealt a fair bit of damage, and picked up. You must then input a direction, and Wonder-Red will toss the character in that direction. If no input is put in, Wonder-Red will automatically throw them forward. These would not be Wonder-Red’s normal throws. Unite Whip, unlike most command grabs, does not grab through shields, instead opting for high amounts of shield damage.

Custom 2-Unite Gun-Wonder-Red pulls out Unite Gun and loads himself inside it. You can charge this move by pressing B, changing its size and shape. Stage 1 is Unite Gun (Pistol), Stage 2 is Unite Gun (Super Scope), Stage 3 is Unite Launcher, and Stage 4 is Unite Cannon. You can angle the direction in which you fire yourself, and you cover more distance on higher charges. While charging, your fall-speed is drastically reduced. When you fire yourself, you are surrounded in a green Unite Energy bullet, though you can still be hit out of it. Because of this move’s unique properties, you cannot be reflected. After a certain distance (The distance is longer for higher charges), the bullet dissipates and you go into helpless. Higher charges, of course, do higher damage, and Stage 3 and 4 have unique properties. Unite Launcher fires multiple bullets, and you are only inside one. These bullets still do only small damage (2%-3%), but if one hits, then all others redirect and hit as well, dealing fair damage, but little knockback. Unite Cannon covers the most distance, but upon contact with a wall or character, it explodes, dealing high damage and knockback to the opponent. The explosion is Area of Effect and thus can hit multiple people. However, when using Unite Cannon, if it connects, Wonder-Red takes 10% recoil damage and small set knockback.

Custom 3-Unite Claw-Wonder-Red equips Unite Claw. You can charge this move by pressing B, increasing its size. Wonder-Red will pull out Unite Claw, there will be a short buffer period (about as long as Mewtwo’s Teleport), and then Wonder-Red will shoot off in the direction you inputted. When flying, Wonder-Red will scratch with Unite Claw, leaving an icy blue trail. After a certain distance, Wonder-Red stops and goes into helpless. If he comes into contact with an opponent, he stops and delivers and swipes at them with Unite Claw. If you mash B, Wonder-Red will follow it up with a lengthy combo (but only 1%-2% per strike), and enemies caught will be paralyzed. The final strike does extra damage and freezes the enemy solid, sending them spinning upward. Wonder-Red then goes into helpless. Charge does not increase distance covered with this move.

Down Specials:
Custom 1-Unite Bomb-Wonder-Red pulls out Unite Bomb. You can charge this move by holding B, increasing its size and damage. After you have charged it, Wonder-Red tosses it down in front of him. It explodes on contact with the ground, and generates a large Area of Effect. This AoE takes the form of a large sphere. Anybody, save for Wonder-Red, caught inside takes a fair amount of damage, but no knockback. Instead, all hitboxes are removed from the character and time is slowed down drastically for them. Wonder-Red can then follow up with a combo while time is slowed down for them. The size of the AoE and the length that time is slowed down for the enemy increases with charge. Characters afflicted with the time-slow effect have a purple aura around them.

Custom 2-Unify Naginata-Wonder-Red brings out Unify Naginata. You can charge this move by holding B, increasing its size and damage. After you release B, Wonder-Red spins Unify Naginata in front of him. You can make him spin it longer by mashing B. You cannot move while spinning Unify Naginata, and anybody who touches it takes a small amount of damage, but no knockback. Unify Naginata reflects all projectiles that come into contact it, so it is largely defensive. However, because you can hold the spin, timing is not completely necessary. But, character can run through Unify Naginata, at the cost of only a little damage, and knock you out of it. Unify Naginata also only covers your front side, and since you can’t move, you are vulnerable everywhere else. You may stop the spin by ceasing to mash B, and after several seconds Unify Naginata dissipates.

Custom 3-Unite Hammer-Wonder-Red equips Unite Hammer. You can charge this move by holding B, increasing its size and damage. After releasing B, Wonder-Red puts the hammer above his head and brings it down in front of him. The time it takes to actually swing increases with charge. Anybody hit with Unite Hammer takes high damage and lots of knockback. On higher charges, it meteor smashes airborne opponents and buries grounded one, allowing Wonder-Red to follow up with a combo. Also on higher charges, a shockwave with moderate range and weak damage and knockback is generated. When used in midair, Wonder-Red swings Unite Hammer straight down and rockets downward until he hits the ground. Because Unite Hammer takes so long to actually swing, especially on higher charges, and its range is also somewhat limited, precise timing is absolutely necessary to land a hit. But, it’s more than worth it when you do.

Final Smash-Unlimited Form-Wonder-Red engages Unlimited Form. In this state, all Unite Morphs are faster and are instantly at an extremely high power, far more than normally possible. He cannot go into helpless, and runs faster, and has an unlimited amount of midair jumps. Normal attacks are also far stronger and faster. Wonder-Red can’t take knockback in this form, but he does take damage. Certain Unite Morphs are also incredibly overpowered, such as Unite Bomb’s AoE being much larger than normal, Unify Boomerang seeking people out, and Unite Bowgun’s AoE being much larger and the reverse-control effect lasting much longer than normal. This transformation lasts about 20 seconds.

Top Bottom