• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_Morphix

Smash Cadet
Yea he'd be great and all that but... (Some people will not agree with this but I do) I'd like to see Krystal here before Wolf (Yea I know I know... Rare :urg: , but she's already a Nintendo character :) ) and I DO know Wolf has more of a backtrace to it than Krystal does, but still, they need more femenine characters here, and Krystal would be great.

I'm posting this here because if Krystal makes it, surely Wolf will make it too :) . (and I'm 80% sure they'll both be in Brawl). Just a tought tough, I do think Wolf is great, but I like Krystal much more.

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Heck yes, he would. I envision this huge, muscular wolf, not quite Bowser size but definitely bigger than Fox. He'd have claw attacks as well as weapons.

Man, he'd be awesome.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Wolf and Fox will be like Ganon and CF are now.

I like it, but with an other move list, not as a clone. (maybe he'll stick with the lasers and shine)

............later

kaid

Smash Master
Wolf could have all the multiplayer upgrades from Assault as his specials.

^B: Booster pack
<B: Homing launcher
B: Machinegun (3 shot burst)
vB: Sniper rife

He would share several A moves with Fox/falco, but some make no sence without the vulpine's speed and flexibility. Down and uptilts, for example, would HAVE to be changed. (can you imagine Wolf doing that reverse head kick?)

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Darkfur said:
If Wolf was in the game I'd have to roll a die to see who I played as first. XD I'm already hard pressed between several.
Agreed. If they put Krystal in too, I would definetly have a hard time deciding who to play first.

Yes please.

FoolyCooly

Smash Cadet
Wolf's my homeboy. I hope he makes it in. I still want Krystal more (rawr
), but if Wolf makes it, I'll be giddy. Giddy as a hillbilly that just got a truck.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
ive been wanting wolf to be in melee for quite a long time ive always wondered "Why Falco over Fox's rival wolf?" i think it woulda made more sence if they had wolf instead but with a diffrent move set and i can imagine him as a mixtue of Dr.Mario and Fox :D:D

Pete278

Smash Lord
Link-NY said:
ive been wanting wolf to be in melee for quite a long time ive always wondered "Why Falco over Fox's rival wolf?" i think it woulda made more sence if they had wolf instead but with a diffrent move set and i can imagine him as a mixtue of Dr.Mario and Fox :D:D
Falco is really quite popular, due to his all-round cocky nature. I think he is more popular and cooler then Wolf.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
I know that there's prolly gonna be at least one Star Fox world character added. I hope it's slippy or this guy. I'm sure they could milk some events out of him.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Turbo Ether said:
Agreed. If they put Krystal in too, I would definetly have a hard time deciding who to play first.

Yes please.
wow I want him in the game even more now that I have actually seen him in his latest form lol

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Grimie said:
He looks like he's gonna knock over your sandcastle.
WHAT!?!?!?!? do you know how long it took to make that sandcastle just for that he needs to be in SSBB so that I can beat him up with Diddy Kong >_>

fluffy

Smash Champion
Mav said:
The least you could have done was do something more with the first post don't you think? At least the Krystal thread has some thought put into it.
*sob* Mav, u and furries complete my life.

but uh, yea. wolf is a good character 2 add. maybe he can be the stronger but slower version of fox.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
fluffy said:
*sob* Mav, u and furries complete my life.

but uh, yea. wolf is a good character 2 add. maybe he can be the stronger but slower version of fox.
eh I would hate it if he was another clone. Maybe if he kept a few B moves as fox such as shine and the laser, similar to how luigi still has some of mario's B moves just with different mechanics.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I don't mind him being a clone if he's different enough. Like Falco and Fox are pretty different but I'd like him to be more different. A different color shine would be cool. Or a different effect. Fire shine? Up B with electricity instead? I dunno.

Plomid

Smash Ace
how about only reflector and no hit but longer recovery and stronger blaster/gun/whatever but lower jumps (could be sorta falcon-ganon relationship)

Ember Joe

Smash Cadet
I like the idea of him being to Fox what Gannon was to Captain Falcon.
He could also have a number of unique effects.
Slow moving, powerful versions of all of Fox's A attacks, with slight changes to the properties of his B attacks, for example:

B - TwinCannon Blaster - Drawing a gun similar to Fox and Falco's B attacks, Wolf would have a double barrel style Twin blaster, that would be fairly larger then Falco and foxs. Two consecutive shots would be made, with a pause before the next 2 shots could be made. Thus, the time between shot 2 and 3 would be around 3 times the time between shots 1 and 2. Shots 3 and 4 would have the same time difference as 1 and 2, and onward. Assuming Fox and Falco's damage remains 1% and 2% respectively, Wolfs should deal 5% per shot, with the second shot degraded to 3% on consecutive hits (only if it was the second shot in a twin fire). A similar freeze effect to Falco's would exist, with some knockback, but the time between two shots and the following two would be much greater than between falco's single shots.

SmashB - Canine Crash - A variation of the Fox Illusion, this would a greater lag prior to doing the move, but would cover a similar distance, at a similar speed, and cause much more damage. The move could be modified to grab hold of the first character hit, continueing to move, and bringing them crashing to the ground with him (this could also be used to suicide kill an enemy, further enemies hit after grabbing one would recieve damage, but not be draged down)

UP B - Wolf Pack - A variation of the fire fox/fire bird. A blue & purple gas flame like charge would form below ODonnels feet. Titling back his head, he would let out a wolf howl as 3 coloured silhouettes fade away from his body (similar looking to the trail in Fox Illusion but both purple and blue, fading between the colours). they would then thrust in unison, with the true wolf slightly ahead, with a purple gas jet flame behind him, the others would form a triple helix about him. The charging up phase would do no damage, and would be longer then Fox and Falco's, but with greater damage and area of damage as it travels.

DownB - Convertor - A shield similar to the reflector that instead absorbs damage taken from items and attacking enemies, and converts it into an outward shock blast of 2 times the total damage. The absorbing shield would be red, and the shock wave would be an outward red blast. If an enemy was hit with the shield while attacking, they would be knocked away and the damage from the attack added, if they were not attacking, they would be drawn in, and then sent outward like a projectile, when the blast occurs. Absorbed items would be destroyed.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
No one mentioned panther?
He'd be an awesome fighter, and I have a feeling his taunt would be even more annoying than Captain Falcon's. :D

Anyways, yeah, Wolf would be an excellent character, and is a rather likely one too.

I at first would think of his as to fox as ganondorf is to captain falcon, slower, more powerful, and not quite as good of a jump.

His attacks I would imagine to be somewhat like what ember joe said.

But some variation between the two. Probably the reflector would be replaced by some physical attack.

Or maybe a reflector that shoots anything back at it's firer (using aim, not just reverse direction) (and for punches and whatnot, they would get the same damage, and be knocked away based on either wolf's % or the enemie's, whichever was higher, then double that)
(or double damage and being knocked away based on the higher % and not doubled)

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry, the misspelling of Wolf's last name has been bothering me and I just HAD to fix it. It's the coolest last name ever! Only extremely cool people, like Wolf, have a last name THAT cool.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Oro said:
Sorry, the misspelling of Wolf's last name has been bothering me and I just HAD to fix it. It's the coolest last name ever! Only extremely cool people, like Wolf, have a last name THAT cool.
I reckon, it's better than my last name, my last name means "man dangle"...

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
Hooray!

I'm glad I'm not alone on having Wolf for Brawl! If he were to be on there, and he wasn't a complete Fox 'clone', it'd just be messed up if he he were a blend between Fox & Snake! Eyepatch plug...
But I'd imagine he be Mario's Luigi as opposed to Fox's Falco, where movement was sorta the same, but the not all of the moves are mirrored. Of course he'd be a little bigger with the strength of maybe a Dr. Mario, more or less. And as far as speed, he'd probably be a little less agile; I could imagine him being at the Falco area with movement and his 'A' attacks would be more sluggish by a few frames, but not too many, y'know?

By the way FLUFFY, the Wolf pic? Work...of...art.

Torilla

Smash Cadet
This is off-topic, but if they added Andrew Oikonny for SSBB, and he had the same body proportions as in Assault, he would be a laughable kicker. :chuckle:

fluffy

Smash Champion
Torilla said:
This is off-topic, but if they added Andrew Oikonny for SSBB, and he had the same body proportions as in Assault, he would be a laughable kicker. :chuckle:
????right.

fluffy

Smash Champion
dude guys, i just went over my trophies in ssbm and read pit's trophy. it said something like "would pit ever return again?'' w/ wario, it said something like "stronger than mario" and w/ metaknight, it just had him as a trophy. i think that nintendo left sum clues! =O
remember this?

its a sign!

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I never even noticed Wolf in that pic till now. They show it way too fast. My sight always drifted to the lower right corner.

RoyalLance

Smash Apprentice
Vulpine51 said:
I never even noticed Wolf in that pic till now. They show it way too fast. My sight always drifted to the lower right corner.
I know. The sight of Wolf is overwhelming.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
RoyalLance said:
I know. The sight of Wolf is overwhelming.
Thats probubly why. If you show his face for more than a split second your tv will explode. Im sry, but its not safe to put him in smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom