• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wobbles Infinite...

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wobbling is gay. That is all. :laugh:

But in all seriousness, I got a chance to play against the man who coined the term "wobbling." He landed the wobbles many times on me and each time resulted in a lost stock. Regardless, I don't think it should be banned. It's a little cheap, yes, but as wobbles said it himsef, it's just very effective.

I was able to wiggle out of his wobble before 50%. He couldn't wobble if nana wasn't present. I tried going marth against him, and while I did lose, I didn't get ***** because of wobbling. If you space correctly you won't get grabbed. I kept spamming shuffled fairs to dtilts and spaced with sworddances and it was quite effective when I kept that up. Yes, that is easier said than done but that's what makes smash great; the metagame is ever developing and because the ic's have a new weapon in its arsenal, it's forces us to conquer that and it keeps the game interesting.

Spontaneous Spaz

Smash Cadet
I believe the wobble infinite should be allowd... anyone who can pull it off deserves the damage rake.

but as for ice climbers as a broken character... i'd say they are...
they have 2 infinites.. the grab/jab and the uptilt desync... but no one ever gets the second one in game... plus they slide like a mother, something is up here

that's what makes them such an awesome character... the fact that no one uses them is our gain

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
If wobble is continued to be allowed, so should ice climber freeze glitch. As long as it isn't used as a stall of course. Virtually it's the same thing, unescapable once it happens unlike other infinites that can be escaped and the loss of a stock. Instead of don't get grabbed just be like don't get glitched, even if wobble isn't a glitch it seems unlikely that the creators intended to create a TRUE infinite, well they didn't intend to do a lot of things but that's a different topic.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
If wobble is continued to be allowed, so should ice climber freeze glitch. As long as it isn't used as a stall of course. Virtually it's the same thing, unescapable once it happens unlike other infinites that can be escaped and the loss of a stock. Instead of don't get grabbed just be like don't get glitched, even if wobble isn't a glitch it seems unlikely that the creators intended to create a TRUE infinite, well they didn't intend to do a lot of things but that's a different topic.
That's just a stupid post. Once you freeze the player, there's no way to mess up. When Wobbles wobbles, he screws up on occasion. Oh, and this statement holds the merit of horse piss.

" Instead of don't get grabbed just be like don't get glitched, even if wobble isn't a glitch it seems unlikely that the creators intended to create a TRUE infinite, well they didn't intend to do a lot of things but that's a different topic."

That's not a different topic, I'm pretty sure the developers didn't intend to create WDing out of a shine, light shield edgehogging, double shining, or egg spamming from ledges. No one cares if the creators intended to make anything that we use, whether or not they did means absolutely NOTHING.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Wait now it's going back to difficulty? I thought there was an argument earlier in this thread that difficulty shouldn't be accounted for, I forget where. If done correctly though, both should be unescapable. I'm not aruging that glitch should be put in, just that it's the same in gayness as wobble.

Also I know it doesn't matter what the creators intended. I just put that in because people would say that glitches (ice climber one) shouldn't be allowed because it isn't intended but that's the same as everything you listed.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I agree that the "Wobbles Infinite" should be banned.. but this logic is flawed. *nods agreement with Butters*

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
NusCirtap said:
I'm not aruging that glitch should be put in, just that it's the same in gayness as wobble.

Nuscirtap said:
If wobble is continued to be allowed, so should ice climber freeze glitch.
If contradicting yourself was like being a blade of grass, you'd be a ****ing golf course. Bye now

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Wobbles = awesome guy and definately not gay
Wobbling = dumb thing to call it imo. However, still not gay.
This thread = not gay
gay = happy.

end post.

Smash Master
I'd be cool with the infinite banned and the freeze glitch legalized (provided it is not used as a stall tactic) The freeze glitch is much, much harder to pull off than the wobble, so it's not cheap. I think that if Wobbling is allowed, then the freeze glitch may as well be, too. They both immobilize your character.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You should watch me combo into the freeze glitch. It's cool, pun recognized but not intended.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Instead of calling "Wobbling" ban material or not, how about making an attempt to beat it? Example: Choose Ice Climbers yourself? Is it still possible to get wobbled if both your IC's are present?

Smash Master
I know how to beat it, and I know how to do it (I'm an IC main.) That doesn't change the fact that it is probably an unintended programming oversight which heavily imbalances the game.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
I don't understand how people can stay.. Don't Get Grabbed. The first time i played Chudat (over a year ago.. when i couldn't even SHFFLC) i still got like 6 grabs in against his IC's.. anyone can get one grab a stock.. if you could just "not get grabbed" no one would play the IC's.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I dont agree with the move because as the technique disseminates into the smash scene (in which Ic's are a relatively newer widely used char) Ic's while improve to the point it becomes monumentaly difficult to beat them, dancing the line of whether the move is too powerful to maintain a fair gaming environment. Essentially it will become neccesarry that every single person know how to play ice climbers in order to Counter pick when playing an IC, which would be lame.

Just my thoughts on the matter but alot will depend on how it develops into the smash scene which is sort of hard to forsee, i think it should be banned for these precautionary reasons atleast if not due to its infinite nature

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
Im going to say... Top tier honestly, its the best way to insert pressure on someone wobble them once, and they be bouncing around sweating themselves. Banned...NO dont ban because if you ban one of IC's best tricks...you may as well short hop laser shine and list goes on

Smash Master
Im going to say... Top tier honestly, its the best way to insert pressure on someone wobble them once, and they be bouncing around sweating themselves. Banned...NO dont ban because if you ban one of IC's best tricks...you may as well short hop laser shine and list goes on
The extent to which the infinite imbalances the game is much greater than the extent to which the shine imbalances the game. If you make a mistake and get hit with a SHL, you don't die. If you get hit with a Shine, you dont die (unless you are off the stage and have used your second jump against Fox). If you get grabbed with Nana alive, you lose a stock. Nobody plays the game perfectly. Eventually, you will either use an attack with seven or more frames of start-up time and/or lag, or you will put up your shield. Against any other character you might eat 30-50 damage from a random combo, but against IC's, there goes the stock. That's unbalanced, to the point where an arbitrary limit to the number of tilts Nana is allowed per grab is necessary to maintain future diversity in the metagame.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
If you ban one of IC's best tricks...you may as well short hop laser shine and list goes on
Wow.. i'd trade the SHL anyday for being able to do a Wobbles w/ Falco. Think about it this way.. how would it effect the game if every character could do a wobbles.. If the answer is bad then it should be banned. Same with the freeze glitch, and the same with FoD in Teams (i don't even know what i just said..). If every character had the Shine, or SHL the game would be different, but not dumb.. that is all.

Smash Master
I disagree with you on that point. The freeze glitch is fine as long as it isn't used to stall. The freeze glitch requires a lot of skill to set up and execute, so the reward (the taking of a stock) is equal to the input skill required. This move is situational, and therefore, balanced. I understand that MLG's concern with the freeze glitch is that it immobilizes your character, but they have allowed Wobbling to continue unchecked, and that essentially does the same thing.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Wow.. i'd trade the SHL anyday for being able to do a Wobbles w/ Falco. Think about it this way.. how would it effect the game if every character could do a wobbles.. If the answer is bad then it should be banned. Same with the freeze glitch, and the same with FoD in Teams (i don't even know what i just said..). If every character had the Shine, or SHL the game would be different, but not dumb.. that is all.
I agree with this to a certain extent. Yes, the game would be dumb if every character did have the Wobbles but then again, they don't. Personally the game would be kinda boring if every character could Shine and SHL though. I doubt I would like it as much.

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
It is said that Wobble's opponents anus's never close after being ***** ever so gently by ICs.

Just watching the infinite from my desk makes my pants tight.

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
If you get grabbed with Nana alive, you lose a stock.
Unfortunately thats not true (wish it was). Even if Popo grabs you with Nana Alive, Nana still has to be quite close to popo, nana could be offscreen when you get grabbed. Also The shine is a low % killer, waveshine infinites immobilize characters but why isnt it banned...Because certain conditions have to be met. Same for the wobble + Wobble is a mindgame, constant pressure, SHL is a pressure tactic, Shine is Pressure, Flinging marths sword around is pressure. In a real match i can pull off maybe 1 successful wobble (I can do it perfectly and start immediately as well) and thats in a tourneyment match.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, thats why i dont like it when people say grab with nana alive = death... Chances are that the reason you got grabbed was out of a shield grab after you attacked, which most of the time nana gets hit from...

Eggm

Smash Hero
I've played with wobbles many times, hes a really cool guy very smart and nice, I think.. people are upset with this techinque because .. I think what people like about this game is that its different then other fighting games.. and that it takes comboing and stuff to a whole new level, its the only game you actually have to predict/follow your opponent while comboing which makes it incredibly fun and different, and with this it kinda feels like your playing tekken and getting hit by one incredibly strong combo that takes your entire life bar.. which isn't really any fun at all. I don't think it should be banned, but i'm not a fan of the techinque, luckily.. only wobbles can pull it off so often/perfect so its not really a big issue.. if i was unfortunate enough to get matched up against him in tourny i'd just try my best not to get grabbed and if i lost then whatever.. and in friendlies like i mentioned hes a cool guy i bet if you asked he woudln't use it on you so its not a big deal.

Smash Master
Give it time; others will be able to do it perfectly. Also, to chu12ch, when you are shielding, Nana puts up her shield within six frames, so unless the opponent hits within 0.1 seconds of you shielding, you can have their stock. Also, many IC's get grabs by wavedashing in and out, and catching their opponent's off guard. It only takes 6 frames (I think) to wavedash, and then another 7 to grab, so if your opponent isn't constantly attacking every quarter of a second, or happens to get a little unlucky, they're short one stock for the rest of the match. So yes, Nana does need to be near you to get the grab, but if she's not, then you are playing IC's poorly at the time, or you are outclassed in skill.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
anybody who knows anything about the infinite will choose to be a character that they can gimp nana quick with, or at least keep them separated as much as possible... the people i play with have all gotten used to it, whether its a samus missile spam, marths double-fairs, peach downsmashes, or shine-spikes... and not having nana near you happens to everyone, otherwise ur saying that getting hit by something which might separate you from the other climber makes you bad with the ic's...

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Sons.. i know alot of people that do it perfectly... I live in Va good sirs. Chudat lives 10 mins from my house. Wobbling is Gay. Wobbles is Cool. That is all.

Smash Master
anybody who knows anything about the infinite will choose to be a character that they can gimp nana quick with, or at least keep them separated as much as possible... the people i play with have all gotten used to it, whether its a samus missile spam, marths double-fairs, peach downsmashes, or shine-spikes... and not having nana near you happens to everyone, otherwise ur saying that getting hit by something which might separate you from the other climber makes you bad with the ic's...
You're setting a double standard. Apparantly allowing Nana to be knocked away doesn't make you a bad IC's player, but when every other character puts up their shield against the IC's (and inevitably gets Wobbled to death), then they are playing that character badly. I think it's a lot harder to not put up your shield and eat every attack the IC's feel like throwing out, than it is to protect Nana from the opponent's attacks with your double shield while not having to worry about getting grabbed at all.

Spontaneous Spaz

Smash Cadet
i know people say that wobbling is cheap... gay.. or w/e they would describ it as

but remember, its true... a character that tries to use it... or worse abuse the technique will get alot of negative responses.

it's in the IC player's best interest to pull off a wobbles.

as for me, i've never done it in a tournament, cuz i don't think it's sportsmanlike, but i havedone it many times to my friends at home.. and they dont' like it one bit.
-also i'm not the best at it.. they normally struggle out at around 150%

additionally... many people don't know this.. but besides the wobbles, the IC's have another infinite.. the uptilt. if u can desync and spam uptilt... which btw is alot easier than having to grab... and set up the whole nana/popo a spam, its alot easier and faster to get the damage.
i plan on looking into and try to master this factor and potentially awesom infinite

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a lot harder to not put up your shield and eat every attack the IC's feel like throwing out, than it is to protect Nana from the opponent's attacks with your double shield while not having to worry about getting grabbed at all.
That's your opinion... and thats where we differ...

Smash Master
i know people say that wobbling is cheap... gay.. or w/e they would describ it as

but remember, its true... a character that tries to use it... or worse abuse the technique will get alot of negative responses.

it's in the IC player's best interest to pull off a wobbles.

as for me, i've never done it in a tournament, cuz i don't think it's sportsmanlike, but i havedone it many times to my friends at home.. and they dont' like it one bit.
-also i'm not the best at it.. they normally struggle out at around 150%

additionally... many people don't know this.. but besides the wobbles, the IC's have another infinite.. the uptilt. if u can desync and spam uptilt... which btw is alot easier than having to grab... and set up the whole nana/popo a spam, its alot easier and faster to get the damage.
i plan on looking into and try to master this factor and potentially awesom infinite
Can't they just DI out of the up tilts. Anyway, I agree that it is in the IC's best interest to Wobble during a tournament. Truth be told, my opponent's usually struggle out eventually too (but I'm working on it.) It's not unsportsmanlike, even in a friendly. It helps your opponent's prepare for a tournament setting (or convinces them to main IC's:) )

Someone called me a fat **** for doing it, because I literally 0-death'ed them with it. I have to use my chin to hit the C-Stick for the kill blow because I'm afraid to stop pressing A

Top Bottom