• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wishlist Roster Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Everybody I personally would want in my ideal Smash game is contained below. Left the confirmed reps for Smash 4 in as they are effectively the same status as Brawl characters at this point.Added a few to make it a nice square. I would have added Max or Hawke from AW as well, but they weren't in the roster maker and I can't get adding new icons to work at the moment.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312

goin' realistic (besides chibi robo because I could not find a random icon)

Really wouldn't mind seeing this roster, outside of maybe Waddle Dee and Miis. Really like what you did with the design though. Just wanted to compliment you on that.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Totally impractical, but also really, really fun and crazy

*GIGANTIC stamp of approval*

I know you cut several characters, but the fact I can't tell which ones says a lot about how I felt regarding the final Brawl roster.

EDIT: Don't care about Metaknight leaving, but Dedede cut for Waddle Dee kinda puzzles me. Still, I wouldn't complain at this reoster by any means!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ladies and Gents. After much consideration I finally came up with my IDEAL roster.

I'll address what I'm sure will be critique-bait. :)

Pokemon Trainer + Jigglypuff!?: Yeah, basically, Jigglypuff will join Pokemon Trainer's party, and now you can switch between all of them via Taunt Button (oh yeah, I totally went there). Taunt UP: Go, Charizard! - Taunt RIGHT: Go, Ivysaur! - Taunt LEFT: Go, Squirtle! - Taunt DOWN: Go, Jigglypuff!

Team Rocket: Wha wha whaaat!? Yeah, since there's a Pokemon hero (Pika) and human hero (Trainer), there's a pokemon villain (Mewtwo) therefore... there needs to be a human villain as well (Team Rocket). However you only control Meowth. Jesse and James will stick to the background except when summoned through some attacks. (Will cover this in more detail some other time)

Too many Retros!: My roster, sorry. :p What some people see as too many retros, I see as many unrepresented, but worthy IPs that are really fun.

Oh screw that, this is my roster and you LIKE IT! XD
(jk, anyone's welcome to share his/her thoughts).

Number of new represented IPs: 12

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I put various limitations on myself~such as no cuts from Brawl and such as well as limiting myself in the redundant characters (considering in my dream world I'd be cutting Donkey Kong in favour of having 5 different Marios and such). Essentially my main 'wish' was having an excessive amount of characters.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I put various limitations on myself~such as no cuts from Brawl and such as well as limiting myself in the redundant characters (considering in my dream world I'd be cutting Donkey Kong in favour of having 5 different Marios and such). Essentially my main 'wish' was having an excessive amount of characters.

I wouldn't mind this roster if it were real, outside of maybe Genesect and Mii.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I've never done a wishlist roster before. Possibly because they make you sound like a naive idiot. :chuckle:
But here's my unrealistic wanted roster:

1) Everyone returns from Brawl. (And MewTwo from Melee).

2) Ganondorf gets his own moveset with a weapon for standard attacks and magic specials.

3) Geno

4) Kazuya and Jin (Tekken - can be semiclones)

5) Ridley

6) Second Pokemon trainer (female) with: Mudkip / Monferno / Chespins final evolution (just to include a Gen 6 pokemon) OR Serperior (Would be a unique fighter)

7) Shulk

Other slightly less important wants:
8) Midna
9) Vaati
10) Skull Kid
11) Impa
12) Pac Man
13) Bomberman
14) Banjo & Kazooie
15) Toad
16) Dixie
17) K.Rool
18) Tails (Sonic)
19) Waluigi (just to troll)
20) Ryu (Street Fighter)
21) Akuma (Street Fighter)
22) Black Mage
23) King Hippo
24) Leon (Star Fox)
24) Master Cheif
25) Magikarp
26) Mallow (SM RPG)
27) Yoda (F*** it, it's a wishlist and he would kind of fit in)
28) Soul Calibur: Nightmare and Seigfried (can be semi-clones), Taki
29) Other Tekken: King, Heihachi (old), Jinpachi, Hwoarang and Lili

Chuck in some solid more likely additions that I'd be happy seeing:
30) Palutena
31) Little Mac
32) Robin (FE)
33) Lucina (FE)
34) Dillon
35) Isaac
36) Saki
37) Takamaru

That leaves us with a round 80 awesome characters :awesome:

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Go for broke.png
Dream roster? Go for broke I guess and not give a crap about limiting what I'd want. Will it happen? No, but I'd be okay with any of this getting in the next Sm4sh. I'll make a realistic one at a later date, as my old one is kinda out dated now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My wishlist would be every single character in the Roster Maker.

It would be glorious!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
EDIT: Got onto Roster Maker!

Let me explain:
  • Bowser Junior can turn into Shadow Mario, Red has all his Pokemon, Samus can become ZSS and Zelda can become Sheik for a limited time, making Impa only a semi-clone.
  • Bowser Junior, Waluigi, Toad, Paper Mario: These characters were all major Mario runners, so I added them all in, except I'm lazy so I put Waluigi under Wario. Shoot me.
  • Palutena, Zoroark, Shulk, Chrom and Takamaru: I haven't played any of their games, but they seem to be REALLY popular for SSB4, so I thought it would be better to introduce them.
  • Masked Link, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo: I love Melee. Unlocked all but Mewtwo. I love Mewtwo because he's badass. Problem? No. Pichu? Alt. for Pikachu. Happy? Good. Go out for burgers and milkshakes? Why not!
  • Impa: This came up in a conversation with I believe Diddy Kong, and it would make a great addition.
  • Balloon Fighter, Duck Hunt Dog, Excitebiker: Retros are awesome. I'd personally love to play NES games from dusk to dawn if I could.
  • Ghirahim, Skull Kid: More villains, one's a tragic scarecrow thingy, the other's a fabulous swordsman. I think that they would both make good fighters, but that may be Termina's Moon talking.
  • Louie: I'd like a character that has similar moves to Olimar, but different Pikmin. Since Olimar mainly uses Red Pikmin, I'd say make Olimar more likely to pick Red ones, and make Louie more likely to pick Blue ones. Maybe the Water effect is stronger on Louie's Pikmin, maybe only Louie can pick Flying Pikmin and Purple Pikmin while Olimar gets Rock Pikmin and White Pikmin. It's a long shot, but they wouldn't be clones.
  • Third-Party: Most likely reps. I'd say that out of all of them, it'll be Mega Man (duh), Pac-Man, Sonic and Snake. Travis and Lloyd were added for popularity, Geno was added because I like Super Mario RPG, and Simon because... let's just say that there better be an event match called Captain N: The Game Master.
  • All the rest are a combo of preference, likelihood, ability to fight in Smash and popularity. I wanted a round number of characters (80 not including Miis) so Saki Amamiya, Magnus, Ninten, Black Mage, Sora, Pokemon Trainers, Ray, Midna and Lyn didn't make the cut. It's not I don't like them, but I had to cut some out.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
Wishlist roster:

s Roster.png

I don't know how to add characters to the roster maker so the last slot would go to Hat Kid from A Hat in Time. While the Kickstarter for this project is still going, the development team has expressed a great amount of interest in porting it to the Wii U. Nintendo of America has also expressed interest as well. So why the heck not.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

BAM! I would die if this was actually true.

I wanted to explain some characters:

I added Rosalina because I felt it would be interesting to fight with Lumas.

Mach Rider could jump off or hop on his bike for attacks.

Kyle Hyde would use his skills to uncover the secrets of Smash. Plus....he looks cool.

Hikari and Donbe would be a more crazier IC-play style.

Goku to troll DBZ fans.

Tabuu but severely nerfed.

Nightmare because hes scary and a badass.

Terra because she is just plain awesome and originated on the a Nintendo system.

Oliver because of Ni no Kuni on the 3DS plus he can summon monsters.

Finally, Shepard (male or female). Shepard is epic. Beyond epic. Not to mention Mass Effect 3 was on the Wii U (a move that did upset me...it should had been the trilogy).

Unrealistic as hell but its the Smash I truly want.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

A bit unrealistic, but I couldn't help myself. Make a lot of unlockable characters to have more to choose from.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Breyfunk's Roster.png

This would be my perfect roster, maybe I would have a few additions, but as for the oddballs:

Kat & Ana - I would love to see another Ice Climbers type character, but know it's not likely since Sakrui has issues with the ICs themselves.

Eggplant Wizard - I know he' just a minor villian, but with Mega Man bringing us one step closer to assembling the N Team, I want to see some villains from that series too.

Retro DK - I think he would be cool, could toss barrels, create fire guys, and have a hammer for his physical attacks.

Scizor - While unlikely, if Sakuri wanted to give a nod to competitive Pokemon, this would be the perfect representative of that. I consider using and ways to beat a Scizor on all of my competitive teams.

Jeff - He could use various bottle rockets and death rays. With Earthbound/Mother 2's impending VC rerelease, we could see another Mother rep.

Proto Man - Highly unlikely, however, he could use the Z-Saber and his shield to create a unique moveset.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Here's my dream roster, without getting too crazy and adding a completely ridiculous amount of characters:

Before E3, I wouldn't have added either Villager or Wii Fit Trainer(much less even thought of her), but now that they're in, I see no point in leaving them out - I suppose they've grown on me. Glad I got some official art for Megaman, though!

Fire Emblem has always been one of the trickier series for me to pick characters from, but I think My Unit, who I should really rename either Robin or Tactician, would satisfy a lot of peoples' desires - wouldn't be yet another blue-haired swordsman, could use magic, and could possibly have both male and female versions.

Pokemon is also a little tricky, given how many there are too choose from, but I think bringing Mewtwo back with his new form incorporated would work well.

Zelda gets 7 characters because... I couldn't decide between Skull Kid and Vaati, so screw it, they're both in :p

I'm sure a lot of people will think I'm crazy for not adding Shulk, but, eh... I wouldn't mind seeing him get in, but I honestly think people way overestimate his chances, and he's just not among my top picks.

Also, no Toad or Bowser Jr. because I've just never been convinced that they would be that interesting.

If I wasn't trying to restrict myself with 3rd parties, I'd totally add Quote from Cave Story and Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe, because robots and dwarves!

60 characters is still pretty unrealistic, imo, but that's what wishlists are for, I guess.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmmm.....
1. Impa (I actually just want a SS redesign for Zelda, she just comes with the territory)
2. Mewtwo (Not the female Majin Mewbuu that is secretly Frieza fused with Super Buu, but I guess I would be content)
3. Dr. Mario (Replace Mario if you have too... or a costume would suffice :awesome: ...just kidding replace him)
4. Black Shadow (Maybe another simple request would be to redesign Ganondorf and make Black Shadow the clone)
5. Deku Link (He can be stand alone character or like Zelda/Sheik with Young Link, IDGAF)

*Wolf's return must happen no matter what! Please?!
It is funny... my dream roster or wishlist can only be fulfilled by cutting characters I deem unworthy. However, I will not include them because you asked nicely. :happysheep:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer

Maxwell Smash Bros.png

I fixed my wishlist. As a challenge, I added all of the veterans including Pichu and Dr. Mario.
Random is next to Porky.

Jake the Dovahkiin

Smash Rookie
These are some characters I'd like to see in SSB4. (Btw, how do you get the pics for your rosters?) Note: This is NOT a roster, just characters that should be in the roster or dlc.

Bomberman
Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)*
Gen. 6 Pokemon Trainer
Throh or Sawk (Gen. 5 Pokemon)
Jack Cayman (MadWorld)
Fawful (Mario and Luigi series)
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
Tetra/Toon Zelda
Crono (Chrono Trigger)
Marle (Chrono Trigger)
Frog (Chrono Trigger)
Zero (Megaman X series)
The Boy and his Blob (A Boy and his Blob)
Paper Mario
Earthworm Jim
Little Mac
Dixie Kong
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Soma Cruz (Castlevania Aria/Dawn of Sorrow)
Dark Samus
Sigma (Megaman X series)
Zoroark
Zitz (Battletoads)
Tatanga (Super Mario Land)
Edit: Isaac (Golden Sun)
Edit: Chunky Kong (Donkey Kong 64)
Edit: K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
Edit: Lord Crump (Paper Mario TTYD)
Edit: Count Bleck (Super Paper Mario)

*I figured if Nintendo revived a long-dead franchise by putting Pit in Brawl, they can do it again. For those who don't know, Eternal Darkness is a Gamecube exclusive. Think of the concept as if Resident Evil was a psychological thriller that spanned centuries, and you're on the right track. The game also messed with your head. When your "sanity meter" empties, crazy stuff happens (or does it?) such as entering a room that's upside-down, the sound suddenly muting, even a fake DOS prompt saying your Memory Card is erased. All fake of course.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yo I'm new to this forum and everyone's complaining about this Noah kid.
Mind giving me a brief rundown?

Sure!

People don't like him and what he says. He doesn't like people and what they say. They pass back-and-forth many long e-paragraphs about it.

Also, I suspect people don't like bronies.

My wishlist:
Every feasible Zelda character
Every feasible Mario character
Every feasible Metroid character
Everyone else too.

(everyone in my sig plus a few others.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a massive 84 character roster I made for fun.

Some notes:

Zelda includes Sheik
Samus includes ZSS.
Pokemon Trainer has his Brawl Pokemon
Giovanni has Meowth, Marowak, and Nidoking as a small, medium, and large character team.

So yeah. Anything I'd ever want in a Smash Bros. game, haha. Just be glad I'm not the one making the game. Otherwise, it wouldn't be here until 2018 at least. :laugh:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

This would be an ideal roster in my opinion, well rounded with new franchises and new characters from returning franchises, plus already revealed newcomers. Skull Kid and Rayman are my only two really out-there personal choices.

A larger, crazier roster, including two more retros, a third FE and EB rep (though the EB rep could be either Ninten or Giegue), Toon Link as well as Skull Kid. I included Isaac and Saki, though I don't know much about them, they seem to be very popular newcomers, and were both assist trophies in Brawl. Geno was a quick decision, as I'm not a big fan of him, nor do I dislike him, he is very popular with a niche group of people and is a very highly requested third party, though also being a Mario character, I see him as representing his own "franchise" ala Yoshi, if Squeenix and Nintendo can work out a deal. I added Little Mac solely because I had an empty slot to fill and couldn't think of anyone else, he is also a popular addition, and being as he had a game on the Wii, isn't technically a retro character anymore, like Pit. Also, Banjo-****ing-Kazooie.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Dream Roster:

Yeah, some make sense, others not so much, however I want to justify my Miku Hinasaki pick as no-one else seems to mention her on here.

Nintendo owns Fatal Frame now, and in the international eyes is still a company just for kids... a good buisness strategy going by sales, but a bit of adulthood would be nice too, right? Plan: take a genuinely creepy survival horror game with cameras and ghosts, put it on the Wii U where it would thrive (take photos with the game pad and watch all the creepy things around you on the screen), and advertise it by putting the best known character of the series in smash.

EDIT: spotted I don't have Dillon on the roster and instead put two Isa's, shame on me, imagine him in place of one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom