• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WIP]The Mystifying Dark Mage Hailing from Plegia, Tharja, for SSB4 DLC! (New owner)

•Col•

Smash Champion
I was mostly joking anyway, while trying to leave a slightly backhanded comment to the majority of Tharja supporters. D:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm probably the biggest Tharja fan here, and I don't even like her that much. I mostly just like to tell everyone to stop being so conservative. It's okay to have mild sexualization. It's not going to kill anyone.

But I also think Tharja could play really cool, and of course I think her and her awkwardly dark personality are lovable ~

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That (and not having a penis) doesn't stop me.

Ismar, you're a lady? See? Two Tharja supporters who aren't even interested in what's between her legs. (Unless you're a lesbo~)

So BOOM. Way to not think with our penises. If I did, I'd be a Roy supporter. Dem ginger boys. mmm.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I really doubt she'll be in, but she's such a fun and cool character in Awakening that I feel obligated to support her.

Also really quick B moveset while I'm here:

Neutral Special: Ruin - Tharja shoots out a ball of darkness similar in size to diddy kong in front of her. Opponents hit right in the middle of it will have their shields broken if they connect (because Ruin has a 60% chance to critical hit). Deals 7% for most of the area, but 21% for the center of the ball.

Side Special: Mire - Tharja charges for a few frames, and then drops a purple-ish meteor around half a battlefield away. The meteor falls straight down from the sky where it would land. (Mire is a long ranged tome that hits very far away enemies). Deals 15%.

Up Special: Rexcalibur - Tharja fires a Rexcalibur spell below her, which sends her up in distance about as far as Super Dedede Jump. Opponents right underneath her will be on the receiving end of a Meteor Smash. Deals 4%.

Down Special: Nosferatu - Tharja casts a purple aura around the size of a Kirby on both sides of her. Anyone hit will lose 12% HP, and Tharja will regain 6% HP for every fighter the move hits.

Final Smash: Grima's Truth - Tharja, being a plegian, is a member of the country that worships Grima (even though she doesn't support it herself). The final smash summons Grima, and he heads to the background and attacks the stage. He spits out "orbs" that are a Wario in size, and he fires 15 of them before leaving. Each hit deals 25%.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Ismar, you're a lady? See? Two Tharja supporters who aren't even interested in what's between her legs. (Unless you're a lesbo~)

So BOOM. Way to not think with our penises. If I did, I'd be a Roy supporter. Dem ginger boys. mmm.

Omni/pansexual, actually. It was a joke back in pre-Brawl days that I was gonna play as ZSS (and with no luck, Krystal) because of it.

And I was joking that I do think with my penis. Everyone does. Don't deny it. Despite that I have my reasons for Tharja.

My main qualm is that we'll get another generic sword user from Fire Emblem, hence why I thought Tharja was a really cool idea from the get-go. I've seen her on a lot of the "leaked" rosters alongside the likes of Newtwo, which I honestly didn't even think to question and would have like if they were true. Lastly, with the apparent enormous popularity she has over in Japan, the devs, and in general for reasons that can't be explained without violating the Terms and Agreements/Rules of this site, I figured I was completely sold.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My main qualm is that we'll get another generic sword user from Fire Emblem, hence why I thought Tharja was a really cool idea from the get-go. I've seen her on a lot of the "leaked" rosters alongside the likes of Newtwo, which I honestly didn't even think to question and would have like if they were true. Lastly, with the apparent enormous popularity she has over in Japan, the devs, and in general for reasons that can't be explained without violating the Terms and Agreements/Rules of this site, I figured I was completely sold.
Yeah, I would much rather see the likes of Tharja over Roy (Semi-Clone of Marth) Chrom (Semi Clone of Marth/Ike) and Lucina (Semi Clone of Marth).

Strictly speaking from a gameplay stance. Since I have little Fire Emblem experience, that's all I can really speak from as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Tharja...

I don't think she's a likely candidate for Smash Bros. 4. She's not a main character, but certainly has potential as a fighter as do most Fire Emblem characters actually. I don't think Sakurai will give priority to a supporting character over a main character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Tharja...

I don't think she's a likely candidate for Smash Bros. 4. She's not a main character, but certainly has potential as a fighter as do most Fire Emblem characters actually. I don't think Sakurai will give priority to a supporting character over a main character.

I think he would if he found the supporting character: Interesting, and Popular

But, with that being said, I don't think Sakurai is going to pick the FE character. And, do you think her popularity with the FE team will lead her to be suggested over Chrom/Lucina? Maybe? Probably not, but maybe.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Final Smash: Grima's Truth - Tharja, being a plegian, is a member of the country that worships Grima (even though she doesn't support it herself). The final smash summons Grima, and he heads to the background and attacks the stage. He spits out "orbs" that are a Wario in size, and he fires 15 of them before leaving. Each hit deals 25%.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Summoning Grima is cool, but I kind of feel like it would put her over the edge in terms of players thinking that Tharja is a villain... seems better suited for, say, Aversa.

The movesets people are making are pretty fun, though. She definitely would be more unique and fun to play as than another sword swinger.

Are people thinking that her standard moves would be purely magical or would she mix in some physical attacks as well?

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Summoning Grima is cool, but I kind of feel like it would put her over the edge in terms of players thinking that Tharja is a villain... seems better suited for, say, Aversa.
not necessarily... They'll just think she's summoning a dark dragony thing. Unless they've played Awakening, in which case they'll know she's good.

The movesets people are making are pretty fun, though. She definitely would be more unique and fun to play as than another sword swinger.
definitely. that's the main reason I want her. I think Micaiah's time has passed :(

Are people thinking that her standard moves would be purely magical or would she mix in some physical attacks as well?
I think pure magic would distinguish her more from Zelda. Zelda has hits beefed by magic, Tharja could just cast spells. More ranged attacks. I imagine her not even physically trying to hit the opponent, her animations are just spell casting and the attacks moves in the appropriate direction. Seems like after Megaman standards can be projectiles, too. So it could work.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
not necessarily... They'll just think she's summoning a dark dragony thing. Unless they've played Awakening, in which case they'll know she's good.

definitely. that's the main reason I want her. I think Micaiah's time has passed :(

I think pure magic would distinguish her more from Zelda. Zelda has hits beefed by magic, Tharja could just cast spells. More ranged attacks. I imagine her not even physically trying to hit the opponent, her animations are just spell casting and the attacks moves in the appropriate direction. Seems like after Megaman standards can be projectiles, too. So it could work.

I do think a dark dragony thing still seems evil, even if you haven't played the games. :) It doesn't really matter, though I do feel like they could give her something that seems more cannon to her... they really could do anything that has to do with hexes or dark magic. She could even make all the enemies start tripping uncontrollably for the next half-minute or so, heh.

I think you're right about Micaiah... Dark Mage is probably more interesting for Smash anyway. There is always competition from the Tactician/Avatar/Robin, of course.

I'd want her to be pure magic as well. She might have to focus a bit on spacing her attacks out, but I think it'd be a good flavor for her. Might be a bit difficult to animate her different standards distinctly if she's casting them all from tomes, though.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
I do think a dark dragony thing still seems evil, even if you haven't played the games. :) It doesn't really matter, though I do feel like they could give her something that seems more cannon to her... they really could do anything that has to do with hexes or dark magic. She could even make all the enemies start tripping uncontrollably for the next half-minute or so, heh.

I think you're right about Micaiah... Dark Mage is probably more interesting for Smash anyway. There is always competition from the Tactician/Avatar/Robin, of course.

I'd want her to be pure magic as well. She might have to focus a bit on spacing her attacks out, but I think it'd be a good flavor for her. Might be a bit difficult to animate her different standards distinctly if she's casting them all from tomes, though.

True on Grima, I guess it's down to how they characterise her during it. Man the Tripping thing would be great :D

And yeah the main reason I want her is to have a mixed morals character. not stupid bewbs and butt. I'd consider Metaknight the closest we have, but in Smash he's much more blatantly hero anyway I think.

I'm imagining it looking a little similar to phoenix wright in MVC3. if you watch her, she's just holding the tome, or reading it, or holding her arms aloft. but if you watch the direction of the magic, it's clearer where she's aiming. I think it'd be fun, mak her harder to predict.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
True on Grima, I guess it's down to how they characterise her during it. Man the Tripping thing would be great :D

And yeah the main reason I want her is to have a mixed morals character. not stupid bewbs and butt. I'd consider Metaknight the closest we have, but in Smash he's much more blatantly hero anyway I think.

I'm imagining it looking a little similar to phoenix wright in MVC3. if you watch her, she's just holding the tome, or reading it, or holding her arms aloft. but if you watch the direction of the magic, it's clearer where she's aiming. I think it'd be fun, mak her harder to predict.

I still would like to see her with a tome switching mechanic that determines the qualities of her standard attacks. Switching weapons for the given situation seems so Fire Emblem, it'd be a good thing to incorporate into a character. Since she'd essentially be holding the tome aloft and casting from it, it'd be super easy to do with her.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
I still would like to see her with a tome switching mechanic that determines the qualities of her standard attacks. Switching weapons for the given situation seems so Fire Emblem, it'd be a good thing to incorporate into a character. Since she'd essentially be holding the tome aloft and casting from it, it'd be super easy to do with her.

Yeah I think that'd suit her. I want a character who can alter their weapon attack mechanics without being a transformation.
I'd been sure we'd get that with ganondorf before, but like ya said tharja'd be easier.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Looking for more FS suggestions.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
FE isn't a game all about the lords and swords (rhyme). Mages play a critical role, especially if you don't have an armorslayer sword.mages should be in ssb4.even in FE!my Tharja can use waste, attack 4 times and get critical a every time.(rediculously OP) we need one in smash. Tactition wouldn't work.
My Morgan can do all those things and she's a grandmaster (promoted Tactition), just saying. Also hoping for any Fire Emblem character that isn't a main character is just setting yourself up to be disappointed. If your lucky she might be a trophy, if you're very lucky she might be an assist trophy.

Though it does make me think with how many awesome Fire Emblem characters there are they should really add something like Assist Trophies/Pokeballs but specific to Fire Emblem, Rift Doors or something.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Is it wrong that I want this character to be in just because of all the neat fan-art and especially cosplays that will surge once she's in?

(' v ') I like the character, but I'm not knowledgeable in Fire Emblem so I don't know her chances. Would gladly prefer her over any other Fire Emblem character, that's for sure.

nessokman

Smash Lord
My Morgan can do all those things and she's a grandmaster (promoted Tactition), just saying. Also hoping for any Fire Emblem character that isn't a main character is just setting yourself up to be disappointed. If your lucky she might be a trophy, if you're very lucky she might be an assist trophy.

Though it does make me think with how many awesome Fire Emblem characters there are they should really add something like Assist Trophies/Pokeballs but specific to Fire Emblem, Rift Doors or something.
you should know well I meant the MU/avatar

nessokman

Smash Lord
Also, she could wear the outfit of a dark knight/sorcerer, which is a tad bit less revealing. What you need to consider is sakurai actually goes to intelligent systems and asks th what charàcter should be in ash. Tharja is a fave. In I.S, she has an edge

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Is it wrong that I want this character to be in just because of all the neat fan-art and especially cosplays that will surge once she's in?

(' v ') I like the character, but I'm not knowledgeable in Fire Emblem so I don't know her chances. Would gladly prefer her over any other Fire Emblem character, that's for sure.

No way, not wrong at all. You can want a character for whatever reason you feel. Or no reason at all. Personally, I enjoy her creepy, quircky, dark personality. I haven't even played FE:A, just done a lot of reading up on her.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
While, I won't entertain this character as a possibility (like I've said before) I still think she would be a unique addition. Certainly more unique than Chrom.

I recently made Chrom and Robin movesets, but this moveset just poured out of me. Way easier to come up with than Chrom's or Robin's. Probably took half the time too.
[collapse=Tharja Moveset]
THARJA

General: I had fun making movesets for Robin and Chrom, so I thought what other FE:A character with a thread needed a moveset? Tharja. Tharja is a Dark Mage/Sorceror. They benefit as being the only class that can use Dark Magic. They can also use every other kind of magic available in Awakening. Giving her lots of moveset potential.

Playstyle: In Awakening Dark Mages have much higher Def. than other mage classes. A fact best represented in Smash by making her a bit heavier than she would appear for her size. Tharja would be about balancing her long range magic and short, and deciding when close range use of long range magic is appropriate. The majority of her non-Special magic moves won't have too much knockback, direct hits with her tome, however, will.

- Specials:

-- Standard Special: Mire
Mire is a long range dark magic tome.
This move will work like a combo of Sonic's Homing Attack and the Lyn Assist Trophy, it will automatically home in on the nearest enemy. After moderate casting lag, it will appear suddenly on the enemy as purple bubbles. However, Mire suffers from poor accuracy. There is only a 70% chance that this move will actually hit an opponent. When does make contact, it will do little damage and poison the opponent. On higher damage percentages, opponents will fall down, incapacitated for a short time when poisoned.

-- Side Special: Ruin
Ruin is a dark magic tome. It is not particularly powerful, but has high a critical hit chance.
After some casting lag, Tharja will produce a ball or purple energy. It is controllable to the degree that Zelda's Din Fire is, but it is not as fast nor as damaging. It hangs in the air for a bit as a trap move if it does not hit an opponent. Ruin has a 10% chance of hitting at 3 times power, which is a devastating hit.

-- Up Special: Nosferatu
Nosferatu is a dark magic tome that steals an opponent's health an gives half of it back to the user.
Now for some explaining on why i see this as an Up Special: in game the spell appears above he enemy unit's head and saps their health and then teleports back to Tharja and heals her. So, this would work similarly to Sheik's Explosion Up Special. She will disappear encased in the magic and reappear still encased. Tharja will be healed a small amount if this move connects.

-- Down Special: Hex/Anathema
Hex & Anathema are class skills of Dark Mages. Hex reduces avoid by 15 for adjacent enemies. Anathema reduces avoid by 10 for enemies within 3 spaces.
Tharja will hold up her hands and they will begin to glow, one will glow red and the other will glow purple (based on the skill icons for hex & anathema). This will be chargeable (in the usual way) and will max out at about a minute of use. Enemies nearby Tharja will have their movement speed reduced while this ability is active. The effect is stronger closer to Tharja.

- Final Smash: Vengeance/Lifetaker
Vengeance is the class skill of Sorcerors (the promotion of Dark Mages). It adds one's accrued damage to their attacks. Lifetaker is the class skill of Dark Knights. Lifetaker restores half one's health when one kills a unit.
Tharja will yell, "You're already dead!" and a large pillar of purple energy will appear from her hands. This will be similar to Samus' Final Laser and Lucario's Aura Beam. First, it will get stronger and faster depending on how much damage Tharja has accrued. When it hits an opponent, they will be stunned building up damage and knockback which is all dealt to them at the end of the attack. Tharja will heal approx. 30% for every kill she gets with this move.

- Smash Moves: For her smash moves, Tharja will use the other types of magic.

-- Side Smash: Fire Magic
Tharja creates a pillar of fire, which come from in front of her feet and strikes forward at a diagonal.

-- Down Smash: Thunder Magic
Tharja casts a bolt of lightning directly in front of herself. The bolt is about her size. This is one of those rare Down Smashes that doesn't hit both sides.

-- Up Smash: Wind Magic
Tharja swipes above herself (in the manner of Zelda's Up Aerial) with hands imbued with wind magic. Does pretty good knockback, not very much damage.

- Basic Attacks:

-- Combo:
Tharja performs a kick with good range, followed by two big hits her with her tome.

-- Side Tilt:
A quick left hook imbued with some dark magic.

-- Down Tilt:
Tharja performs an axe kick. Where she hit the ground there will be a small burst of dark magic.

-- Up Tilt:
Tharja strikes upward with her tome. One of her higher knockback moves.

-- Dash Attack:
Tharja performs a quick twirling attack imbued with dark magic (you can see skulls in it for a second). This move turns her around.

- Grabs/Throws:

-- Grab:
She grabs her opponent and holds them from behind, with her arm around their neck (like Snake's grab, but seductive).

-- Pummel:
She will kiss her opponent's face. For the sake of this, let's assume she wears some poisonous lipstick. It will do very little damage, but be faster than most pummels.

-- Forward Throw:
She quickly throws her opponent to the ground, brings her leg up for an axe kick and then stomps their face with her heels. (She does wear heels, right?)

-- Upward Throw:
She tosses her opponent upward and then lazily thrusts her hand upward releasing a burst of dark magic that sends them flying.

-- Downward Throw:
She jumps up and slams her opponent to the ground, following up with a hard heeled double kick.

-- Backward Throw:
She will perform a Judo-like throw of the grabbed opponent over herself. Just as they hit the ground a pillar of dark magic appears and sends them flying.

- Aerial Attacks:

-- Neutral Aerial:
Tharja opens her book and reads something, an orb of dark magic is released from her tome. It will then explode outward, hitting on all sides.

-- Forward Aerial:
Tharja will clasp her hands together and create a small ball of dark magic. Poor range, decent stopping power.

-- Backward Aerial:
Tharja kicks behind her with her heel hard and fast. It's a pretty good spike.

-- Downward Aerial:
Tharja brings down her tome hard. A fairly powerful Meteor Smash.

-- Upward Aerial:
Tharja flips upward, delivering a two-hit kick.

Notes:
If I had been working on a Henry moveset I could have thought of some awesome way to include his crows. Too bad.

[/collapse]

Last edited:

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
Tharja would work gerat as an assist trophy. Of course it will never be playable, but there's aalso no need to have blind kiddie rage for ficcional characters for no mature reason

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I'm probably the biggest Tharja fan here, and I don't even like her that much. I mostly just like to tell everyone to stop being so conservative. It's okay to have mild sexualization. It's not going to kill anyone.

But I also think Tharja could play really cool, and of course I think her and her awkwardly dark personality are lovable ~
I don't know... Tharja was my favorite character, is eye candy for the majority of the players (google Tharja FE Images and see what you find). She reminds me of an ex I had, so yeah I like Tharja. And tharja would play well. Validar as well. Gangrel, Aversa, Walhart. There needs to be a mod with virtually every character on it. All several thousands of them... That's it I'm starting a thread for this.

andimidna

Smash Master
Tharja's possible, unlikely most say.
I'd rather have Tiki though.
Then I'd want Anna.
Then I'd want Lucina.
Then I'd want Chrom.
Then I'd want Robin.
Then I'd want Lyndis.
Then I'd want Micaiah.
Then I'd want Lissa.

THEN comes Tharja.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Tharja's possible, unlikely most say.
I'd rather have Tiki though.
Then I'd want Anna.
Then I'd want Lucina.
Then I'd want Chrom.
Then I'd want Robin.
Then I'd want Lyndis.
Then I'd want Micaiah.
Then I'd want Lissa.

THEN comes Tharja.
Chrom is likely, maybe Robin. I see Lucina as part of a Chrom and Lucina combo. There is a rumor going around supporting this.
On the bright side, Tharja stands out in FE as much as Lucario does. Tharja has a figurine out, as proof of FE's care about her. There is also an attraction to your avatar (for male avatars. Never tried the female). All in all, Tharja has the best chance out of any non-lords. Still like a 0.001% though, in my opinion.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Interesting concept. Though if not for Arena Ferox's confirmation, I'd think Grima would be a good stage. If you hadn't played the game...
Grima is a dragon where the final battle is fought. Yes, on top of the dragon!

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Chrom is likely, maybe Robin. I see Lucina as part of a Chrom and Lucina combo. There is a rumor going around supporting this.
On the bright side, Tharja stands out in FE as much as Lucario does. Tharja has a figurine out, as proof of FE's care about her. There is also an attraction to your avatar (for male avatars. Never tried the female). All in all, Tharja has the best chance out of any non-lords. Still like a 0.001% though, in my opinion.
Anna has been in every Fire Emblem game... Tiki has been playable more than Chrom, Lucina, Tharja, and Anna combined
Lissa was more important than Tharja in Awakening anyways.
Robin is by far the most likely non-lord.
So I'd rank her 5th regarding non-lords

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Anna has been in every Fire Emblem game... Tiki has been playable more than Chrom, Lucina, Tharja, and Anna combined
Lissa was more important than Tharja in Awakening anyways.
Robin is by far the most likely non-lord.
So I'd rank her 5th regarding non-lords
crap, I was counting Robin as a lord agian. And I'm going off of a promotional standpoint. Good points though.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I think Tharja and Medusa would become Best Friends
I'd like to see art of them smiling devilishly while pinky holding

Top Bottom