• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WIP]The Mystifying Dark Mage Hailing from Plegia, Tharja, for SSB4 DLC! (New owner)

Kamui Nohr

Smash Journeyman

Overview (WIP)

~ You would trust me? What if this is all just a ploy to plunge a dagger in your back? ~

Tharja is a slightly obsessive Dark mage hailing from Plegia. Her spells very from common colds,to falsifying memories in the minds of anyone she chooses. She has the ability to act as a medium and speak with the dead; as well as being able to successfully counter, and reflect foes curses. Her dark magic stems from a long her standing tribe of Shamans she was born into. Her love for witchery is only rivaled by her love for FE:A’s Avatar, and depending on how you play out the game, she may just win his heart. Which is, you know, the way it should be.

@BluePikmin11's Moveset Idea

Tharja can be described as a Robin who relies on more offensive options than defensive. While they both have the same durability mechanic too and share a similar running speed, Tharja has a longer time recharging her tomes for all of her specials and is a lighter character for powerful opponents to crush on. Players of Tharja will need be slightly more conscious about their choices of attack, as she doesn't have as much ranged options as Robin does with pros of having more power.

*When one Tharja's tomes gets thrown, you can use as a throwable item to deal 12%.

Specials:

Side-B: Mire: Tharja uses this dark tome to hit opponents from far away. It acts pretty similar to Robin's Arcfire, the difference is that Mire isn't a projectile shot directly from Tharja, the Mire projectile starts at the end point away from Tharja and starts the attack instantaneously to slowly inflict damage (Around 12-14%). The cost of using this is a longer time of immobility and no hitstun and damage will be inflicted if the opponent is not near the end-point, making her really open. And it doesn't do much knockback either. Takes about 8 uses before it runs out to recharge for 12 seconds. Tharja chants out "Mire!" when using this move.

Up-B: Waste: Tharja casts two dark cloudy from away downward to gain vertical distance. It functions like Robin's Elwind, and is pretty similar to Mire in how it starts at a certain point from her, although it doesn't provide a meteor smash and goes slightly less farther than Robin's, it provides better damage and knock-back overall. Takes about 6 uses before it runs out to recharge for 8 seconds. Tharja chants out "Wast-ted" when using the move.

Neutral-B: Flux/Goetia: Tharja casts a dark orb across like Robin's Thunder Tome, the difference is that you will always use Flux when it's not at full charge, you are able to use the Goetia spell when fully-charged and it takes longer to charge. Flux does a good amount of damage to keep the opponent at bay (Does 8%), while Goetia does more damage (22-27%) and knockback.
Tharja chants out "Flux!" when using the move uncharged and let's out a scream with Goetia. Like Thunder, it uses a points system too (16 points to be exact), and when it runs out, it takes about 14 seconds to recharge.
Goetia takes about 8 points while Flux uses 2.

Down-B: Nosferatu: Functions the same as Robin's Nosferatu. The difference between the two is that Tharja takes x1.25 more health than Robin and has slightly more range to cover, but it also places her in a longer immobile period. Takes about 3 uses before it runs out to recharge for 44 seconds. Tharja chants out "Gotcha!" when she catches the opponent with this move.

Normal Attacks:

Jab: Tharja uses her dark tome to bring out one minor explosion (first hit 3%), then sends a slightly bigger explosion as a finisher 8%. A good move that KOs at 140%. Note that it only hits from above and not the ground

F-Tilt: Tharja leans forward with her dark tome to bring out small dark clouds (at a mostly diagonal angle) that it inflicts multi-hit damage. A good move for keeping away close opponents, but not the best move to KO at early percentages.

Dash Attack: Tharja quickly summons out her dark tome make a small explosion on the ground in front of her. A good move to use that KO's early like the Jab.

D-Tilt: Tharja creates a small explosion on the ground with her tome. Though it doesn't KO as early like the other normal attacks, it's a good move to hit opponents who attempt to duck your projectiles.

U-Tilt: Tharja uses her tome to create 3 quick, dark clouds above her. It doesn't have the best use of covering from above though.

Smash Attacks:

Forward-Smash: Tharja takes out her Ruin tome to send out a dark, purple explosion in front of her. A great attack for KOing opponents.

Down-Smash: Tharja uses her tome to create two small explosions around her. A good move incase two attacks are coming at you at both sides, but it doesn't do as much knock-back as F-Smash.

Up-Smash: Tharja creates a dark cloud above her that does multi-hit damage to the opponent. A very good move to KO opponents from above, though it doesn't have useful range.

Aerials:

N-Air: Tharja surrounds herself with a (slightly tilted) dark cloudy ring with her tome that does multi-hit damage to the opponent, a fantastic move for setting up an aerial attack quickly.

F-Air: Tharja strikes down with her tome dark clouds in front that does multi-hit damage to the opponent. A great attack for follow up combos, but doesn't do as much knock-back as the other aerial attacks.

U-Air: Tharja creates an relatively small explosion from above that deals very good knockback and damage to the opponent. Very similar to Zelda's U-Tilt.

B-Air: Tharja strikes down with her tome dark clouds from behind that does multi-hit damage to the opponent. Another good attack to do follow up combos from behind like F-Air.

D-Tilt: Tharja gets her tome ready casts an explosion below her that does great knockback and also does a meteor smash on the opponent. It's as risky of an attack as U-Air, and has short starting lag.

Throws:

*For each pummel, she grapples the opponent in dark clouds at 6% (but it takes slightly longer to another pummel than most characters.)

F-Throw: Tharja tosses the opponent with her magic with small horizontal knockback. A good move to follow up with F-Tilt at low percentages.

U-Throw: Tharja tosses the opponent up in the air and pummels them with her dark clouds of her tome. A great move to set up with U-Air.

B-Throw: Tharja tosses the opponents from the back and does a small explosion for relatively good knockback.

D-Throw: Tharja throws the opponent to the ground and inflicts the opponent with dark thoughts that continues to do (2-3%) damage for every second after the throw. The effect lasts for 4 seconds.

Taunts:

Up-Taunt: Tharja giggles sinisterally while patting below her lips.

Side-Taunt: Tharja fans her tome up and down with her hand on her chest chanting "Do you like the darkness?.."

Down-Taunt: Tharja creates a pillar of dark clouds to rest her head arms on while giggly softly.

You do not know how much thought went into making this man. I made her different enough to feel like a Wolf-styled clone.
Any opinions on the moveset, it would be really appreciated!

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As awesome as she would be (probably one of my faves in Awakening), she's probably not getting in. She'd probably be lucky to be an Assist Trophy, in all honesty. She just doesn't have the importance to the series, or even Awakening, as Roy, Chrom, or even Lucina.

That being said, if by some miracle she did happen, it would be awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've never used Tharja.

I don't like her, and I'm also pretty sure she's not the most popular character

nessokman

Smash Lord
I never said
I've never used Tharja.

I don't like her, and I'm also pretty sure she's not the most popular character
most popular.i guess chrom and Anna are up for that.shes in the top 5, and fire emblem on a smash Needs more variety than lords or just sword weilders when mages play a good part.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Asking for a non-lord character in Smash is absurd.

I should make a Nino (FE7) support thread now. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Would the Beach DLC be an alternate costume? :troll:

nessokman

Smash Lord
Wow....I found a pic of that.Fangirls rally for gaius' inclusion .dat Tharja pic smexy XD

Attachments

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Chrono's going to have a field day with this. :rolleyes:

Seriously though... no. Maybe as a trophy. It's sad when literally every other female FE character that gets brought up semi-regularly is a better choice than her.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Ricken and Henry will probably be trophies.idk Tharja.i could imagine her as an assist.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ricken and Henry will probably be trophies.idk Tharja.i could imagine her as an assist.
She probably won't be, she really isn't important enough to FE, there are quite a few characters that outclass her. Her and Henry will probably be trophies, they were both popular... if Sakurai wants to take the majority of the FE content from Awakening, I guess Ricken could be a trophy too.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Ricken has the swag XD. He's pretty awesome. Plays a smallish role in awakening saving maribelle. He's cool tho.Tharja being the avatar's love interest would be cool on a trophy

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never said
most popular.i guess chrom and Anna are up for that.shes in the top 5, and fire emblem on a smash Needs more variety than lords or just sword weilders when mages play a good part.
Yes, you did say most popular

She is the this most popular character in awakening
This quote is taken directly from the OP

nessokman

Smash Lord
You can MARRY the avatar.the avatar has no initiall feelings for any of them.you build relationships through supports.tharja is in love with the character since day one.in the barracks, if she's on the touch screen, she'll say <avatar>! The hex worked!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You can MARRY the avatar.the avatar has no initiall feelings for any of them.you build relationships through supports.tharja is in love with the character since day one.in the barracks, if she's on the touch screen, she'll say <avatar>! The hex worked!
Great. Since you want to marry Tharja so much go right ahead, but Sakurai's not going to assume we all picked the same relationship, because we didn't.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I picked Lissa because she's better than Tharja

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I picked a guy on my second playthrough

Not only was he a guy, but he was also a rabbit

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I picked Lissa because she's better than Tharja
Huh. My avatar married Lissa, as well. Small world.

Though Tharja is a pretty awesome unit in the game, based on my experience with her in the playthrough. She got married to...who was it again? Oh yeah. Kellam. Forgot about it for a second there.

But seriously though, she'll probably be a trophy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She married Ricken in my playthrough

I thought that would be the most hilarious

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
We could add an obsessive stalker that's popular with Japan or we could add the fantastic character she stalks. :D Anyone? No?
Alright.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To be fair, with the amount of tomes she's able to use, she'd be pretty cool to see. Nosferatu, Bolganone, Rexcalibur, etc.

nessokman

Smash Lord
FE isn't a game all about the lords and swords (rhyme). Mages play a critical role, especially if you don't have an armorslayer sword.mages should be in ssb4.even in FE!my Tharja can use waste, attack 4 times and get critical a every time.(rediculously OP) we need one in smash. Tactition wouldn't work.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
FE isn't a game all about the lords and swords (rhyme). Mages play a critical role, especially if you don't have an armorslayer sword.mages should be in ssb4.even in FE!my Tharja can use waste, attack 4 times and get critical a every time.(rediculously OP) we need one in smash. Tactition wouldn't work.
Wouldn't work?
Explain.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Unless you want him with default settings and voice.making a character that is customized in their game n smash is a lot.Everyone would want him/her like theirs in awakening. There would be backlash from those who wanted him like theirs.also gender wise, but thatwouls be easily fixed as a costume.it wouldn't work and would be more pain than its worth

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Unless you want him with default settings and voice.making a character that is customized in their game n smash is a lot.Everyone would want him/her like theirs in awakening. There would be backlash from those who wanted him like theirs.also gender wise, but thatwouls be easily fixed as a costume.it wouldn't work and would be more pain than its worth
Voice is hardly an issue seeing as many characters change voice actors all the time.
For appearance you can do what IS did with their cut scenes and put his hood up. The pokemon series allows you to chose from boy and girl but the trainer in Brawl is male, the same could be done here.

The character design is already fully fleshed out. Make the assumption that the tactician is male or simply add in an alt costume like you said and the problem is solved. No more hassle than any other character.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I've never seen a customizable appearance as an argument against Robin/"The Tactician." So what if they have an appearance that can be picked by the player. IS could always just pick a "default" or "official" design to work with. Look at Commander Shepard in Mass Effect: his/her appearance is completely customizable by the player, yet Bioware still has "official" male and female designs that they use for promoting the game. There's no reason IS/Nintendo couldn't do the same if they wanted to.

nessokman

Smash Lord
It would be easier just to put gangrel rather than the tactition chara- *begins brainstorming movesets*

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think this thread combines everything Chrono hates.

I wanna see him react to this!

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Oh no! what do you do now? Rejoice or mourn? :p

I don't think the entire NTSC region is ready for a not blue haired Lord (or anyone but Roy) lol. It's funny how Awakening comments on the fact that all the lords of late have blue hair (Ephraim, Erika, Hector, Ike, Marth but he's old school, Chrom and even Alm sometime has blue hair etc.) lol. I appreciate that the developers acknowledge it at least

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think this thread combines everything Chrono hates.
Actually it's missing the part where people trash talk Roy and praise Lyn. Also liking a character for having move set potential and thinking recentness is not as important as people think also sets him off the edge, for some odd reason...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Actually it's missing the part where people trash talk Roy and praise Lyn. Also liking a character for having move set potential and thinking recentness is not as important as people think also sets him off the edge, for some odd reason...
Stay classy for trash talking about me. The last sentence is also untrue. I have no idea why you act obnoxious so much of the time.

As to the rest of this thread, I don't care. When random Pokemon have support threads, this topic is just another shout in the wilderness. Tharja will probably end up as a trophy in Smash 4 though.

Top Bottom