• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Will Brawl outsell Halo 3 ?

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
don't complain but anyways i like brawl for wii because for DS is going to have worst graphics and more but it's portavle so if your not home you can play it in the car...

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
don't complain brawl is better than Halo 3 in many different ways and if you think it is better well than keep your thots to yourself! alright!

Xanderous

Smash Lord
The Wii is selling like hot cakes, and most people are buying Wii's for SSBB. I know 5 of my friends who have Wiis that are getting the game on the release date.

Plus the Wii is the fastest selling video game system in history.
No, they're not. They're buying it for wii sports because the consumers are ********.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Ok, the spamming is getting way out of hand by gangsta juice..

But on topic, you can't take the opinion of a gamestop worker by your house as proof of who has more presales.

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Plus the Wii is the fastest selling video game system in history.
Not only is that wrong, but Halo 3 is the fastest selling anything in entertainment history. So, if you're going to use that logic, it's not exactly helping your argument.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Actually both of you are wrong in what has sold the most, Super Mario WOrld 3 has sold the most in history, no game so far has matched up to it, Brawl has a higher poltential then Halo 3 that is a fact, no denying it...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
If Wii's user base is so large why are LoZ:TP and Mario Galaxy not doing better? Units sold is merely potential, Halo 3 sold 5 million copies but MS sold 10 million 360s, no one knows how many Wii owners are even going to think about buying Brawl.

I don't even know why I'm still subscribed to this thread, this discussion is not going to go anywhere.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Correct and Poltential is enough to help in all times, the more poltential the more likly to get it...you'll be getting it right? so in theory Brawl also has a good amount of the Halo 3 players... 360 is more expensive however which is why people turn to the Wii

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Correct and Poltential is enough to help in all times, the more poltential the more likly to get it...you'll be getting it right? so in theory Brawl also has a good amount of the Halo 3 players... 360 is more expensive however which is why people turn to the Wii
Wii's audience isn't consistent. All sorts of people own the Wii, not just gamers so there's no telling what the audience will do when Brawl shows up.
There are also people who buy the Wii because it's like a well made toy for the TV, at least that's what the ads make it out to be.

Halo on the other hand is on a console for gamers, not many casual people buy the 360 because it's expensive and more hardcore [violent, less kid friendly] not to mention the price scares casuals away.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
So you agree with me then...Brawl has a much higher potential overall, besides anyone can get use a Wii, its not like brawl is for soley the gamer only either...it even has WiFi, I mean come on

Zeta_Stryker

Smash Rookie
If you combine the sales in Japan, North America (including Canada itself), Europe, Asia and many other countries that sell SSB Brawl. Then yes definitely. I'd definitely say so.

Otori Warrior

Smash Cadet
halo 3 sold more copies in one day than anything has ever sold
Wrong.

I do not think that Brawl Sales will be higher than Halo 3 sales. I am basing this opinion off of the fact that Wii owners, despite having access to some very good games, only seem to buy shovelware garbage. It is sad, but I just don't see people coming out in droves to buy Smash. Yes, it will be a huge seller for the Wii, possibly the best seller on the system, however I don't expect it to beat Halo 3.

MonkeyKHI

Smash Rookie
False. They're neck-in-neck, and 360 is ahead.
You my friend are false. For the entire year, on a month by month basis, Wii has outsold the 360. And for the majority of the year, it was a 5 to 1, 4 to 1, 3 to 1 situation. Only recently has it become neck and neck, only due to a holiday boost for the 360 and supply constraints of the, but that is only in the United States. In Japan and [mostly] in Europe, Wii continues its domination.

And whoever said that the person who said that the Wii was not the fastest selling console in history is wrong. Wii is the fastest selling console in history.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
and in one day, Super Mario World infact holds the record still I think...Mostly we need Opinions based of more facts. Basically in this argument Facts > Opinion, the fact I continually use is that Brawl has the better poltential, afterall we are not singling the US only...

Otori Warrior

Smash Cadet
and in one day, Super Mario World infact holds the record still I think...Mostly we need Opinions based of more facts. Basically in this argument Facts > Opinion, the fact I continually use is that Brawl has the better poltential, afterall we are not singling the US only...
Internationally, Brawl should sell better. The big issues still remains that if there are 15 million people (more than that now that we are post-Christmas) have Wii's, how come only 2 million copies of SMG have been sold? I don't get why someone would buy the system to only ignore the best games it offers.

EDIT: I know the numbers aren't precise. They are being used to illustrate a point.

MonkeyKHI

Smash Rookie
Internationally, Brawl should sell better. The big issues still remains that if there are 15 million people (more than that now that we are post-Christmas) have Wii's, how come only 2 million copies of SMG have been sold? I don't get why someone would buy the system to only ignore the best games it offers.

EDIT: I know the numbers aren't precise. They are being used to illustrate a point.
That was only the first month. No worries, I bet you SMG will double its sales in the month of December to at least four million. It will be AT LEAST five million internationally by the end of January.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
although wii has a lot more consoles out there i doubt smash will outsell any of the halo's due to poor advertising here in america, halo had drinks, heroclix, and tons of merchandise. whereas smash is really only advertised in japan.

MonkeyKHI

Smash Rookie
I hate the massive assumptions in this thread. Whatever. Smash will also be heavily marketed. Also, Smash sells WAY more in NA compared to Japan. To say its a Japanese oriented game isn't true.

Otori Warrior

Smash Cadet
although wii has a lot more consoles out there i doubt smash will outsell any of the halo's due to poor advertising here in america, halo had drinks, heroclix, and tons of merchandise. whereas smash is really only advertised in japan.
This is a really good point. Even if you didn't own an Xbox 360 or even if you never played a game in your life you knew not only what Halo 3 was, but when it was being released. Does anyone expect Nintendo to launch a large ad campaign leading into the launch of Brawl?

Even if they do, there is no way it could compete with the huge amount of endorsements we saw with Halo 3. I especially enjoyed the Mt. Dew-Halo 3 gamerfuel or what ever the heck it was called.

Stupid? Yes. Effective? Definitely.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Wow. Please don't pull statistics out of your ***. 99% you guarantee? I guarantee you're wrong because it's only about 27%. And that was its best selling game.

Wii's have NOTt sold far better than GameCube's. As of now, There have been about 6 or 7 million more GC's sold than Wii's.

360's haven't sold more than GC's either.

Every single fact you gave was made up, and completely untrue. We have stats that can prove those numbers.

Hey, Hadent seen this thread. I know this is an old post, but I'd like to reply.

Some months ago I had this same discussion with a friend, and I looked up some information.

If I remember correctly about 70% of the people who bought GC's bought Melee, while only about 50-60% of the people that had XBox bought Halo 2. (I will look up the sites I had found but you have to give me at least 7 hours, so I can sleep, cuz its really late over here)

Actually both XBox 360 and Wii's have outsold the GC as the GC sold about 11-12 million I believe (I know the XBox only sold 13-15 and it sold a lot more than the GC).

Wii's have outsold XBox 360 by about 1-2 million and GC's for that matter by about 4-5 million.

Halo 3 was a lot more hyped than Halo 2, yes, but in the long run sales if you check the sales Halo 3 is doing just a bit better than its predecessor. Which was still good and Halo 2 did break some records too (I believe the most sold game in a week or something), but in the end it will fall.

Melee was outsold by about 2 million from Halo 2 (Melee selling about 6-7 million and Halo 2 selling 8-9), but Melee's sales came in a regular basis for about 2-3 years, while Halo 2 sales (even though a lot higher than Melee's) were just high for about 6-12 months.

Ok, so I beg not to believe any of this until I can find my source again (since this is pretty much straight up from what I REMEMBER from a discussion with a friend 4 months ago), last time it took me about 30 minutes to find the source with all this info, I will see if I can find it again after I wake up.

Anyways I believe that if Brawl sells at least 2/3 of the % Melee did (console wise) then it will outsell Halo 3, and I believe that it will.

Other points to discuss:

Advertising

Yes Halo 3 had a lot of advertising and Hype, but that just helps sell games quicker. The advertising normally just gets the fans really hyped up to the point they can wait more. New players do find out and old players who didn't know about the game (is that possible with Halo?) might get interested, but not so many as to change a final outcome.

Brawl does not have much advertising, it is a disadvantage but advertising won't be the determining factor.

Locations:

As we all know Halo 3 isn't well received in Asia.

Asia is a pretty darn big place, with a BIG gaming community, although most are casual, that will overall, IMO be what settles this, I believe with the sells in Asia, (which Halo 3 basically has none) Brawl will be able to surpass Halo 3, needless to say that Brawl will probably outsell Halo 3 in most other countries that are not in North America or small parts of others. Even though it might not be by such a huge margin as in Asia, specially Japan, but still.

MonkeyKHI

Smash Rookie
probably will come close but no

if smash bros gets mentioning in the newspapers like halo 3 did, then maybe

i predict that the sales numbers of smash bros will be equal to 3/4 the number of wiis in america

worldwide, i predict maybe the same or 3/5
Do you really think the people who read the newspaper talking about Halo 3's long lines went out and bought Halo 3? NO. The newspapers were reporting Halo 3's huge frenzy on launch day, they were not adveritisng the game. On the contrary, the Wii is the most mainstream advertised thing out there.

Also, whoever is saying the GC is a better selling console then Wii and 360 is beyond stupid. =(

I believe the GC sold between 20-30 million, and it took 5 years to get there. The Wii is past half that in one year.

Top Bottom