• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Wii u version release date unmasked.

R0Y

Smash Master
This is what we all hope for but honestly, there's been upsets and disappointment for many people already, who's to say there's no more characters? There's no proof AGAINST it right now.

It's the people hope-clinging to the idea of unconfirmed DLC characters being tossed out in the next 2 months that are being stupid imo.
Sakurai long ago confirmed exclusive modes in the Wii U version as well.

Hoping for stage builder.

I'm expecting more levels.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
It kinda seems odd to release Smash Wii U with Smash 3DS out for only a month and a few weeks. This date looks like the japanese release date to me(yes I know the pre-order is in english) and the United States release during Christmas time.

R0Y

Smash Master
It kinda seems odd to release Smash Wii U with Smash 3DS out for only a month and a few weeks. This date looks like the japanese release date to me(yes I know the pre-order is in english) and the United States release during Christmas time.
If the game can make Black Friday, it will. It would have been smart of Nintendo to space the games out more, but there's very little room left in the year and I bet development went/is going right down to the wire.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
You'd think they'd want the release date before people picked up the 3DS version. So that while they were in the store, they could pre-order for the Wii U version as well. I think no matter what you do, there's no easy way to sell the Wii U version so close after the 3DS version so they might as well blurt it out and get it over with.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I hope there are more characters but I know there wont be.
Well, there still is that rumor going around that you'll get more when you sync up the 3DS and Wii U versions...

R0Y

Smash Master
You'd think they'd want the release date before people picked up the 3DS version. So that while they were in the store, they could pre-order for the Wii U version as well. I think no matter what you do, there's no easy way to sell the Wii U version so close after the 3DS version so they might as well blurt it out and get it over with.
Or they'd just wait and it would cannibalize the sales of the 3DS version for those that have a Wii U.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
I have no faith tbh. Dk, Metroid, Star fox, Ice climbers, snake and Earthbound fans are most likely screwed.
Eh, I still think they'll be DLC, if not what I suggested earlier (more implied than anything).
But, really the roster is huge, last I checked it was pretty close to 50. That's not a bad upgrade at all from 35. And, truth be told I'm not the biggest fan of downloadable content but personally I'd have no problem if they did DLC, like for things such as alternate costumes, or even new stages entirely. Maybe an idea similar to what they did in Brawl.

Last edited:

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
Or they'd just wait and it would cannibalize the sales of the 3DS version for those that have a Wii U.
I don't think it really matters. We know there are two versions. We know they will both be released one after the other. Might as well let us know what's up.

Top Bottom