• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U Patch 1.0.8 (Lucas Patch) Data Thread Compilation

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Testing Rosalina, but I have to get off for dinner and some other things, so I can't thoroughly test yet.

So far, her damage values appear unchanged, as do Luma's. Luma Extended B-air still works. Lunar Landing still works. There is one property regarding Launch Star that MAY have been changed, but I can't confirm it yet.

I can't accurately test knockback just yet, but it doesn't feel different.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
anyone can verify if little mac recovery is better?
it seem that you can move his UP B now!! but im not sure if it was in the old patch

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I downloaded them, but it isn't showing up in my game. Am I missing a step? It says data has finished downloading, and I start up the game, and then… nothing.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Hmmm your right...no doubt though ZSS and Ness....need nerf...
@ MajorMajora MajorMajora
Try restarting smash
I have. Many times. I've also restarted my console. Still nothing. And, for some reason, almost every time I open up the home menu it says "Data has finished installing".

Last edited:

emuemuman

Smash Rookie
Zelda feels completely different to me as a Zelda main.

Her walk speed is def faster, and overall her aerials seem to have less recovery frames. Dair is MUCh faster on recovery now, allowing you to actually do things after landing it.

Plus teleports starter is a significant amount faster.

She just seems faster in general, I really approve. I mean it feels nice, but its gonna take a lot of getting used to. She's a lot speedier in general and a lot of her move properties have changed

Fthrow is much slower now, but seems a lot better for combos, more testing needed though.

Sweet spot on up B is harder to land it seems, but just as strong when you do

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
Anything on Mewtwo?

Is his weight value changed? Also are his aerials, up tilt, and forward smash less likely to whiff? Wondering if any of his specials got buffed too.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
They really changed things with specials used near the ledge. The bombslide/dash throw slide-off is out (this thing). The thing where freefall with Up B was faster than normal freefall seems to be gone too (this thing). And I can't get an SAF -- nor an SAF cancel -- but I suck at those so might just be me.

Presumably ledge mechanics were changed a little fix "glitches" with specials used near them.

Stuff for Link: Dthrow knockback is less, is straight up and has less knockback growth, Dtilt is faster and combos into Uair now on Mario till like 80%, grab range seems slightly increased and possibly less lag when missed.

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
G&W's d-tilt has increased knockback. It now kills a bit earlier than f-tilt on the edge !

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Remember the last few patches, guys.. 90% of what is said won't be true. Best to wait for a reputable source before believing any changes posted here.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
I'm having issues with the DLC showing up. I've restarted my system several times and Smash tons of times. Not sure what else to do. My update patch took a long time to show up as well today.

DK-RULES

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I am a DK main. Cargo down/side throw now has almost no lag after the throw, allowing you to follow up way better. Much more similar to brawl and PM. Off stage this is HUGE for DK. Awesome change and adds more purpose to cargo throws. I am super hyped about exploring my options now with cargo grabs.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
As far as I can tell, Fox is the same. I tested all his moves (except Charge Blaster, Burst Illusion and Amplifying Reflector, as I don't have those on Wii U) and they all do the same amount of damage. I was testing Wii U 1.0.8 vs. 3DS 1.0.7, so I couldn't accurately test kill%. However, all his kill moves seem to kill at the same % as they did before. Jab lock seems to still be in; someone will need to test against a person, but the computer can't get out of it and it's visually the same.

Last edited:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I just looked at the bundle pricing.

Nintendo, you seriously need to learn how bundle pricing works. Adding everything up into one convenient download and charging the exact same price is NOT how bundle pricing works. You're fooling people into thinking it's a deal. It isn't.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
The bundle is just so that you don't have to click on every single option if you want to buy everything, it isn't meant to be a deal.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's also worth noting that buying any item/bundle for both consoles is cheaper than buying them for one console now and another console later.

If you have only one system/version of the game, but plan to get the other eventually anyway, you're best off buying whatever content you want for both versions now.

Robbl

Smash Cadet
Toon Link's Uair has longer starting lag and doesn't linger that long anymore. Can someone confirm this?

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Zelda's up smash kills like 20% earlier.
Front part of Zelda Nair does 2% now instead of 1.
Zelda's Love Boosting AT removed.
Charizard down throw significantly decreased knockback, more combo potential.
Charizard up throw increased knockback.
Falco up air 10% from 11%, his fair less end lag.
Villagers down throw does 6% instead of 4.
Diddy's up air now only hits.... up.

That's all I found so far

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
The bundle is just so that you don't have to click on every single option if you want to buy everything, it isn't meant to be a deal.
Clearly. But there's no incentive to buy something you don't need or plan to use. If the bundle was $5 cheaper, for instance, you might be inclined to buy everything just to get a deal. Nintendo instead shoots itself in the foot by being penny-pinchers.

Just IMO of course.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina & Luma seem completely unchanged as far as I can tell. I'd still like someone else to test too, but I tested the knockback on most of her and Luma's moves, with the Mario dummy at 50%, and he landed at the same spot on FD every time. Luma's HP also seems the same, damage output is definitely the same across the board, and all ATs are intact. Landing lag on aerials is also identical, and her grab cooldown is too.

Pretty happy with this, as she didn't need any changes really.

Only things I haven't tested at all are the customs, only because I haven't used them enough in the past, I feel.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I edited my post on Fox. TL;DR Wolf Flash sweetspot got buffed, otherwise still the same.

On a side note, I can't download any of the new DLC because the site is "too busy." It's like one of those zen riddles; how can there be too much traffic if no one can connect?

Top Bottom