• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U Patch 1.0.8 (Lucas Patch) Data Thread Compilation

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
That being the case, Ryu would be top tier for mind games.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Ughh I accidentally clicked "reply" and not "edit"

So this post isn't a complete waste, um...I really like Ryu's stage! It's too bad Dream Land 64 didn't get some kind of graphical update though (maybe not as drastic as Project M's HD remake of it but something would have been nice).

Last edited:

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that's actually a lot more complex than I thought. I was expecting a normal version and a simple "original input" (QCF for example) version that's stronger. Neat!

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
It's impressive that we get at least an early peak, but we can be sure to get at least a few surprises.

Anyways... Who's up for tomorrow's direct?

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Has the new CSS order been revealed? Is it still crazily out of order or have they fixed it yet?

Last edited:

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
You can't deny data dumps. Anyone who didn't believe the evidence was deluding themselves.
I always figured the Smash team would be smart/aware enough to be able to manipulate and trick data miners into thinking certain things were coming true by creating fake names to distract them from what might really be coming. And no, that's not just because I'd like to see the ICs and Wolf back, but also because Smash 4 has had a long history of leaks spoiling content, and I figured that Sakurai is quite aware of the data miners. But maybe I over-estimate just how cunning and out-of-his-way Sakurai is willing to go in order to mess with us. Heh.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
I always figured the Smash team would be smart/aware enough to be able to manipulate and trick data miners into thinking certain things were coming true by creating fake names to distract them from what might really be coming. And no, that's not just because I'd like to see the ICs and Wolf back, but also because Smash 4 has had a long history of leaks spoiling content, and I figured that Sakurai is quite aware of the data miners. But maybe I over-estimate just how cunning and out-of-his-way Sakurai is willing to go in order to mess with us. Heh.
To be fair, Sakurai does work for the company where online multiplayer took an entire console generation late to even properly appear on their system, and it still isn't nearly as well done as other consoles. They pretty much still live in the 90's, the higher-ups at Nintendo.

Last edited:

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I personally find these "leaks" a little suspicious. Leaks are great publicity in specific game/movie content, especially with E3 right around the corner.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Roy is kinda interesting in a competitive sense... Looks like he plays more like Pit then Marth. Not sure how he'll stack up with that recovery, though.

Ryu Is really hard to peg. On the surface he's like Captain Falcon being a lightning bruiser with an average recovery at best, but his EX skills combined with how Smash handles inputs might make certain things quite awkward. Like using EX shoruken or whatever OoS.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
so who was that person that said Ryu was just a littlemac/mario with generic moves and nothing unique about him? hmm? :awesome:

Roy is kinda interesting in a competitive sense... Looks like he plays more like Pit then Marth. Not sure how he'll stack up with that recovery, though.

Ryu Is really hard to peg. On the surface he's like Captain Falcon being a lightning bruiser with an average recovery at best, but his EX skills combined with how Smash handles inputs might make certain things quite awkward. Like using EX shoruken or whatever OoS.
Unlike in Melee, his jab/tilts/arials seem faster than marth's, at least from my perspective. I presume he still has the sword sweetspot, so if you want to compare Roy to Pit, that's one thing he has over him.

I'm guessing Ryu will be a difficult character to learn, it's not difficult to take a glance at his moveset and see how complex it is. However, with a large moveset comes a large toolbox to work with, so I have no doubt he will have some great combos and tricks (e.g. that focus attack can be cancelled, reversed, and when fully charged knocks opponents down).

Lucas is just...Lucas. What I'm mainly exited about are the jingly sound effects he now makes when using his attacks. :yeahboi:

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman

Why do people say roy looks so different? Granted I haven't played melee in a long time but he looks pretty much like the same old marth clone to me?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Why do people say roy looks so different? Granted I haven't played melee in a long time but he looks pretty much like the same old marth clone to me?
He is more of rush-down character with decent amount of faster, different attacks, different mechanics and now retained own specials. I'd compare his semi-clone status to Falco, rather than say he's still Melee-clone with not much changes.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMO, Roy is not a full-on clone, but not quite a semi-clone either.

I find a full-on clone can be played with very little adaptation from the source material (Lucina), where as a semi-clone (Lucas) has some fundamental similarities but still requires a fair bit of adaptation.

Roy will require some adaptation, more than a clone, but not as much as a semi-clone. He really seems like Marth/Lucina with a bit more rushdown potential, and some slightly remixed moves pulled from other characters (Down-Air looks just like Ike's). Some moves look a little different, like the Side Smash, but despite the two handed animation, it looks to have an incredibly similar angle to Marth/Lucina's anyway.

I personally hope he's cheaper than the other fighters, but I'll buy him either way.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Given that the Roy & Ryu leaks came in the upcoming update, I'd be surprised if Lucas/Roy/Ryu wasn't bundled. I mean, the sheer payment volume for three characters out of one update!? C'mon, Sakurai, don't let my wallet hemorrhage!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Due to an unforeseen financial set back yesterday, I won't be buying any DLC tomorrow. Gonna have to wait another two weeks. :\

godogod

Smash Ace
oh god.. Forgot to beat all star on hard with Rosalina and olimar. 3 characters will only make it harder for the challenge..

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
oh god.. Forgot to beat all star on hard with Rosalina and olimar. 3 characters will only make it harder for the challenge..
It's easy with Rosalina, but kinda annoying with Olimar.

-------

20 MINUTES UNTIL THE PRESENTATION GUYS

godogod

Smash Ace
It's an outrageous claim that Mewtwo was unimaginative when basically the first thing people talked about when he was released was how weak and unimaginative he is?

It's time to take it somewhere else if you really want to continue the discussion. I really don't care and won't go out of my way to set 'er up. I'm not saying it again.
How is he unimaginative? Unimaginative is just another word for unoriginal.

Pretty confident the vast majority of the community will agree that he is a unique character, due to the vast majority of his moves being unique. Most characters will share a few moves with others also, which is normal. Almost no character is entirely 100% unique.

I really don't think you know what you're talking about. You honestly thought Ryu was a little mac clone, and Roy was more Pit than Marth. I can't take you seriously.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Meh, Nintendo wouldn't drop the name of a third-party character AND a placeholder theme for them in the game's code just for the sake of rustling people's jimmies, unless they wanted a copyright claim straight from Capcom.
On another note, QCF-inputted Shoryuken OP, anyone? (Full invincibility AND 0 recovery frames?:metaknight:would be proud.)

Last edited:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
I want to know as well, is this a balancing patch? Are my replays safe for now?

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Just learned there is a Youtube feature on Wii U only. I am saddened by this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nothing seems different about Rosalina at a glance, but I haven't got into the nitty gritty or anything yet.

Also, Amiibo menu was added on OG 3DS.

EDIT: Got onto the AOC Shop on 3DS, and it said "an update is available for content you already purchased". So, Mewtwo changes, possibly?

Last edited:

CycIone

Smash Apprentice
Nothing seems different about Rosalina at a glance, but I haven't got into the nitty gritty or anything yet.

Also, Amiibo menu was added on OG 3DS.

EDIT: Got onto the AOC Shop on 3DS, and it said "an update is available for content you already purchased". So, Mewtwo changes, possibly?
Seems legit.

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
I saw on reddit that diddy's up throw does 5% now instead of 8% and that luigis down throw scales its knock back with damage now.

Top Bottom