• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii U Patch 1.0.8 (Lucas Patch) Data Thread Compilation

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So why can't they put all their effort into one good character?
The same reason they chose to have 6 clones over one new character in Melee: quantity > quality.

If it's just going to be clones and fluff people are going to remember SSB4's DLC as disappointing.
Given the insane reaction to Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu, I don't think it's possible to consider this disappointing. Maybe for a few individuals, but as a whole people are going nuts with hype (hype doesn't happen with disappointment).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The same reason they chose to have 6 clones over one new character in Melee: quantity > quality.

Given the insane reaction to Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu, I don't think it's possible to consider this disappointing. Maybe for a few individuals, but as a whole people are going nuts with hype (hype doesn't happen with disappointment).
This is a different situation now. We're at a point where we don't need fluff bogging things down.

And hindsight is 50-50. So far we've gotten a character who is both completely unimaginative and shouldn't have been cut in the first place, a clone from a finished series who has a notorious reputation within said series's fanbase that shouldn't of been cut in the first place, a clone of a character with a clone already who also has a poor reputation almost specifically because of his inclusion in Smash who shouldn't of been cut or at least been completely replaced by the other clone, and whatever Ryu is. They're not even decently priced...

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Idk where yall are getting ur info but I'm pretty sure theres no actual video gameplay of him to decide if he's a littlemac/mario kind of character.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Take the whining to another thread. This is for patch data to be compiled, not a place for "Waaaaaaah/Bawwwwww, DLC isn't to my liking!"

Any further posts like this will be treated as spam.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
When ryu was reking greninja, does it look like he hit him with a dashattack(?) > dtilt > side b?
Or does dtilt hit twice and pops them up?

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I've been following this story's development all morning and I still have no idea how Bush was able to grab this data. Mind you I know nothing about hacking, but basically this update is sitting in Smash purgatory in Japan, waiting to come out, and he was able to grab the data from it somehow? I'm just trying to figure out who's fault this is: Nintendo or the leaker. It has to be Nintendo's fault for releasing data too early or not knowing how to protect it properly, right?

godogod

Smash Ace
This is a different situation now. We're at a point where we don't need fluff bogging things down.

And hindsight is 50-50. So far we've gotten a character who is both completely unimaginative and shouldn't have been cut in the first place, a clone from a finished series who has a notorious reputation within said series's fanbase that shouldn't of been cut in the first place, a clone of a character with a clone already who also has a poor reputation almost specifically because of his inclusion in Smash who shouldn't of been cut or at least been completely replaced by the other clone, and whatever Ryu is. They're not even decently priced...
Mewtwo completely unimaginative? LOL

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been following this story's development all morning and I still have no idea how Bush was able to grab this data. Mind you I know nothing about hacking, but basically this update is sitting in Smash purgatory in Japan, waiting to come out, and he was able to grab the data from it somehow? I'm just trying to figure out who's fault this is: Nintendo or the leaker. It has to be Nintendo's fault for releasing data too early or not knowing how to protect it properly, right?
Nintendo uploaded the update to their Japanese servers, only without an installation executable. Bush (lol, when I type that I just picture George Bush) has access to that server (apparently the infrastructure isn't very secure) somehow, and he noticed the update there, and downloaded it while he could.

Nintendo was really just following standard procedure here. They do this with Mario Kart 8 as well. The bulk of the update has to be uploaded before it releases. All that's put up on release is the installation executable (the thing that allows your system to actually install the update and work with the game).

I think it's strange that the last update even had data like sound files, and the "Battlefield as a Kirby stage in 3DS Classic Mode" thing with the last update, though. However, the fact that more or less everything related to Ryu and Roy appears to be in this update, makes me think they are actually coming out tomorrow, and that's the real reason Sakurai is doing a presentation tomorrow (he said it's about the update releasing tomorrow, but we already know all about Lucas, the Miiverse stage, and the Splatoon costumes - I knew there had to be something more).

Dan

Smash Lord
Bush (lol, when I type that I just picture George Bush) has access to that server (apparently the infrastructure isn't very secure) somehow
Hmmmmm... this makes me wonder. Does Bush have some special privilege, or would we be able to do the same if we had the same hacking skill as him? I would be humbled if Bush himself answered this for me. We are in the presence of a celebrity people, although his 15 minutes of fame may already be over.

The whole George Bush thing, we could draw comparison in 'Bush did 6/13', but I'd rather not go there.

godogod

Smash Ace
Didn't Opossum just say to stop bickering? Give me a PM or tag me in the appropriate thread if you really want to continue this... But I somehow doubt you do.
Then don't post outrageus claims bait claims.

All characters have moves borrowed moves from earlier characters to a degree. Sure Mewtwo has a projectile, reflector and a telport, but he's as unique as Wolf and Luigi. Completely unique A standard and aerial attacks, throws, and down special. He's unique than any clone characters by far.

Last edited:

Zarxrax

Smash Apprentice
Sooo... I'm guessing no one is able to find out what balance tweaks were made yet?

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo's update servers aren't "insecure," they're simply publicly accessible if you know the URLs.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hell no. They owe us nothing. All of this DLC is bonus and Mewtwo + Ryu = DAMN SON!
Then don't post outrageus claims bait claims.

All characters have moves borrowed moves from earlier characters to a degree. Sure Mewtwo has a projectile, reflector and a telport, but he's as unique as Wolf and Luigi. Completely unique A standard and aerial attacks, throws, and down special. He's unique than any clone characters by far.
It's an outrageous claim that Mewtwo was unimaginative when basically the first thing people talked about when he was released was how weak and unimaginative he is?

It's time to take it somewhere else if you really want to continue the discussion. I really don't care and won't go out of my way to set 'er up. I'm not saying it again.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Let us take this time to appreciate the Holy Trinity - the only three newcomers to Smash 4 so far who weren't in any of the big leaks in any way, shape, or form.

holytrinity.jpg

---------------

20 MINUTES OF RYU/ROY GAMEPLAY

http://www.twitch.tv/crediar/v/6141016

Last edited:

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
That's pretty much as insecure as you can get.
The distinction is important because otherwise people seem to assume that RandomTBush is an elite hacker who cracked the system. Again, it's not insecure. It's nonsecure.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Time for the first sad part

I heard on the dreamland 64 stage fountain of dream is a song on it. (It aint looking good for that stage to be dlc.)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hmmmmm... this makes me wonder. Does Bush have some special privilege, or would we be able to do the same if we had the same hacking skill as him? I would be humbled if Bush himself answered this for me. We are in the presence of a celebrity people, although his 15 minutes of fame may already be over.

The whole George Bush thing, we could draw comparison in 'Bush did 6/13', but I'd rather not go there.
Anyone could've done so, really, as long as you used CDecrypt on the game's update files. There's no secondary encryption on the files like there are for regular DLC files.

Frankly, I expect someone else to do so next time now. I don't know if I can handle another sudden popularity boost. ._.;

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
lol
When someone mentions Bush, I think about George W. Bush, one of the worst U.S. presidents in American history.

I took some time to record and upload snippets of the Twitch footage that was linked in this thread. All credits go to the streamer, Crediar, for showcasing this, I'm just uploading this for convenience sake and to give some (visual) data to work with.

Edit: His stream uploads have been removed, I was lucky to be able to record this.
Edit 2: @ Purin a.k.a. José Purin a.k.a. José 's footage seems to have been removed, am I correct?
Roy:
Lucas:
Ryu:

Some random insights:
- Hadouken sometimes fails and instead gives a puff of smoke, which I presume is due to overuse.
- Roy's moveset seems a lot different than in melee
- Roy's fully charged neutral B actually kills at 0 %, woah. o_o
- Did my eyes decieve me, or did Ryu actually have TWO final smashes? wut.

Last edited:

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
Idk where yall are getting ur info but I'm pretty sure theres no actual video gameplay of him to decide if he's a littlemac/mario kind of character.
There was a streamer who is now banned and did footage of Roy, Ryu and Lucas.

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
- Hadouken sometimes fails and instead gives a puff of smoke, which I presume is due to overuse.
- Did my eyes decieve me, or did Ryu actually have TWO final smashes? wut.
I only saw it briefly and haven't bothered rewatching any footage, but I'm pretty sure the Hadouken will "fail" if used when you still have a Hadouken onscreen. Or, potentially, it could just be a straight cooldown. Either way I wouldn't say it "sometimes fails" since it seems to be consistent.

And yes, he has both Metsu Hadouken and Shin Shoryuken for Final Smashes.

robinpup

Smash Cadet
Roy have his melee Dtilt back? and someone say that his Dthrow is like Sheik Diddy and Luigi it has almost no lag?

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I am lazy to rewrite everything. It's a rather interesting text about Ryu's moves. It comes from a GAF thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062531):
This is being discussed in the Roy/Ryu thread, and someone mentioned the general FGC might find it of note. Of course, I don't expect someone who doesn't like Smash to suddenly like it because of this. However, this is an interesting development for a series that has historically stuck to its streamlined control scheme of attacking with A or B plus a direction. I'm interested to hear what others think of this!

To be clear: You can still perform Ryu's moves with Smash-style inputs. For example, tapping B can unleash a hadoken (the SF wiki spells it without a "u," so that's how I'll spell it for now). Tapping Up + B can perform a shoryuken. And so on. But if you perform the original inputs for Ryu's moves, you'll get a boost in performance. For example, a QCF hadoken is 25% stronger. Also: Ryu in Smash differentiates between tapping a button and holding a button, for weak and strong variants of attacks, with three levels of power.

From the in-game tips (which appear on loading screens, or in the tips area):

Hadoken
A projectile from a world-class fighting game. Hold down the button to vary how fast it travels. It’ll disappear after a set distance.

Hadoken
Input the commands from the original series to increase the Hadoken’s power. Use it in midair to make Ryu glide slightly.

Hadoken
Quickly input down, down-forward, forward for 1.25x power. You might have to practice a bit to really figure out howtodo a Hadoken.

Hadoken
Input back, down-back, down, down-forward, forward to unleash a fiery Shakunetsu Hadoken that can deal multiple hits.

Shoryuken
When you enter the original commands, Ryu is momentarily invincible, the move is stronger and looks different…and his shout even changes!

Shoryuken
Input the commands from the original series to become invincible until the move is complete. The move needs no recovery time after landing.

Shoryuken
Input forward, down, down-forward for 1.2x attack power. Think you can pull it off? SURE YOU CAN!

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Ryu will float up slightly when using this move after a jump, making this spinning side kick great for recovering.

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Input the commands from the original series to power up the attack. One thing to remember: you can’t use it repeatedly in midair.

Tatsumaki Senpukyaku
Enter down, down-back, back for 1.16x power. Increasing the strength also increases the move’s speed and travel distance.

Focus Attack
Ryu will hold his stance until you release the button or a certain amount of time has passed. Then he’ll unleash the punch.

Focus Attack
By turning the opposite way the moment Ryu punches, he will strike in that direction instead.

Focus Attack
Hitting an opponent with the fully charged version of this move will make them slowly crumple. Time for a follow-up attack!

Focus Attack
You can cancel this move by pressing left or right twice quickly, either while charging or right after the punch connects.

Focus Attack
Ryu can take one hit while readying for this move. This is true until right before he attacks, even when charging the move to maximum power.

Side Smash Attack
Ryu steps forward and unleashes his Joudan Sokutogeri. The tip of his foot is the strongest part, but it won’t hit a small crouching enemy.

Strong Down Attack (Strong)
You might have seen this kick in the original games. Just like in those, you can cancel the move after striking by going straight into a special.

Strong Down Attack (Strong)
Hold down the attack button while crouching to use this move. You can cancel it into a special even if the foe is shielding, but only if you hit.

Strong Down Attack (Weak)
Use this attack by crouching and tapping the attack button. If you hit a downed opponent with it, you’ll knock them back to their feet.

Strong Side Attack (Strong)
Keep up the pressure on a guarding enemy with Ryu’s Collarbone Breaker, a double hit that’s good for shield breaking.

Up Air Attack
This uppercut hits the enemy twice and has a deceptively large range. It’s fairly easy to hit enemies directly over you.

Front Air Attack
Hitting an enemy with Ryu’s foot has higher launch power, while his upper leg is perfect for shield breaking. It’s a good move for combos.

Down Air Attack
This is the only attack in Ryu’s arsenal that has a meteor effect. If it hits, your victim will fly diagonally downward.

Upward Throw
This move kicks a grabbed opponent straight upward. As Ryu brings his leg back down, he’ll hit anyone else unlucky enough to be in the way.
It's something I did not see yet. Pretty interesting, right?

Last edited:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Time for the first sad part

I heard on the dreamland 64 stage fountain of dream is a song on it. (It aint looking good for that stage to be dlc.)
Not necessarily! It wouldn't be that weird if 2+ stages shared the same track (Battlefield and Big Battlefield share their entire song list), at least no weirder than Mewtwo/Lucas keeping their base game character trophies and still receiving fighter trophies.

Besides, I've heard that Melee's cover of Green Greens is played on this stage as well (could be wrong about that though), and iirc that's on The Great Cave Offensive already, so unless they remove it from that stage then that'll be a shared track too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom