• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wii Fit Trainer confirmed!

volbound1700

Smash Master
It makes me wonder. If a Wii Fit trainer can get in, are they going all out on the increasing the roster size?
I don't think roster will be insanely huge but I am beginning to think it is going to be bigger than people were predicting, perhaps in high 50s.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hmm, very interesting. I definitely was not expecting this. Sakurai truly is unpredictable. Wii Fit Trainer's trailer was absolutely hilarious!

Now that she is confirmed, I cannot stop thinking about what role she will play in the Adventure Mode, assuming there is going to be one.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, very interesting. I definitely was not expecting this. Sakurai truly is unpredictable. Wii Fit Trainer's trailer was absolutely hilarious!

Now that she is confirmed, I cannot stop thinking about what role she will play in the Adventure Mode, assuming there is going to be one.
Wario needs to get in shape and goes to the Fitness Trainer's place.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
I don't think roster will be insanely huge but I am beginning to think it is going to be bigger than people were predicting, perhaps in high 50s.
High 50s eh?

Like 50-54? Because there seems to be a newly formed war behind this 50-54 vs 50-54 is impossible folks.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
...... MRS. GAME AND WATCH!

No, I hated her. For a split second. And then I realized, that's exactly who she is. People hated Mr. G&W at first. But we'll grow to like her I'm sure.

The videos of her playstyle are nice.

Nice WTF character, Sakurai. :D

Also, what I hoped was true, is true. The Metal Blade can be thrown in 8 directions. Just like in Mega Man 2! :D

volbound1700

Smash Master
High 50s eh?

Like 50-54? Because there seems to be a newly formed war behind this 50-54 vs 50-54 is impossible folks.
Cannot say for sure but having Namco on board, the team probably went in a direction to increase the roster. This Smash could truely be unpredictable.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Well, my original prediction for the roster size was 42... if it's in the high 50's I'm going to just be overjoyed. Even if the balancing is awful, I suppose.

Has anyone figured out what her specials are? I only really saw the volleyball spike special.

HDER

Smash Rookie
Well, my original prediction for the roster size was 42... if it's in the high 50's I'm going to just be overjoyed. Even if the balancing is awful, I suppose.

Has anyone figured out what her specials are? I only really saw the volleyball spike special.
The hula hoop move seems to be her Up B.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Nice try troll :p

Troll? Whatever makes you feel better. Its obvious that her western "popularity" on smashboards and "opportunity for a good moveset" mean nothing at all. And i think that upsets you and its the reason why you're taking your anger out on this character. Sure, people barely requested Villager and no one for the Wii Fit trainer. But in the end they do have relevance in nintendo. Krystal not so much. And with movesets, you can make a moveset for ANYBODY. These two just proved it as well as ROB and Captain Falcon.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Well this got me really anti-hype. If Sakurai isn't adding a lot of characters, then this just makes the popular and important characters less likely. I'm already losing hope for Ridley, K. Rool, and Goroh. Sigh, I guess there is next console generation to look forward to.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
If she was playable here?, Why is she so in the back, and not standing in the middle here?
Noticed when I checked Mega Man's pictures:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so I'm not terribly pleased with Wii Fit Trainer's inclusion, since I worry that her existence in the game will basically become a never-ending plethora of health jokes."Can you keep up with the competition?," "Teach those heavies a thing or two!" and the like.

However, it's not the inclusion of such an unorthodox character that intrigues me, since for all intents and purposes, Wii Fit Trainer fills the roster spots we've been otherwise handing to Duck Hunt Dog, Sheriff, and Doshin the Giant over the past few years. What's interesting is that this strange character is being revealed on Day One.

This could either go one of two ways, in my opinion: Wii Fit Trainer is this game's Zero Suit Samus, an unexpected female newcomer, or this game's ROB, the outright shocking character. If the latter is the case, I imagine it's because Sakurai wants to include the 'big gun' newcomers as the later reveals and get the more underwhelming but 'charming' ones out of the way now. This would be in stark contrast to Brawl, where ROB was one of the few unlockable newcomers, to lukewarm reception, while almost every other newcomer sans Lucario, Toon Link and Wolf were known ahead of time.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Did anyone notice that her screenshots only show her in the Wii U version and not 3DS? Sakurai said there would be an equal number of characters but he never said they would all be the same.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I love how in her art you have the other Nintendo characters balancing alongside her. I'm slowly starting to love this character and the way they handle all the newcomers in the updates. :p

If she was playable here?, Why is she so in the back, and not standing in the middle here?
Noticed when I checked Mega Man's pictures:
Stop trying to deny her playable role it's futile. :troll:

Plus, their probably dodging.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's funny. I've said before that there would be no real surprises, because every character under the sun has been brought up since the Brawl days. Some choices may be strange, but we would still have at least considered them before.

NOPE. Leave it to Sakurai to think of a character nobody else would have.

A real surprise. So cool.

Nick Schovitz

Smash Cadet
It would've been even funnier if Sakurai had hyped it up in the gameplay trailer like "Here comes a big epic character that you've all been waiting for..."

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Troll? Whatever makes you feel better. Its obvious that her western "popularity" on smashboards and "opportunity for a good moveset" mean nothing at all. And i think that upsets you and its the reason why you're taking your anger out on this character. Sure, people barely requested Villager and no one for the Wii Fit trainer. But in the end they do have relevance in nintendo. Krystal not so much. And with movesets, you can make a moveset for ANYBODY. These two just proved it as well as ROB and Captain Falcon.
Troll Harder Bro.

nessokman

Smash Lord
lets build a flight of stairs out of legos and make sakurai walk up and down it barefoot until he gives us what we want!
jk i kinda like her, not that i'll EVER play her, but she seems okay

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
fine with me, anyone but Ralph is fine

IAm2Sarcastic4U

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprisingly going to enjoy her inclusion in Smash. What makes her enjoyable is the voice acting, "Great! Keep it up!" or "Let's get fired up!" LOL

Although I wish her icon was a Wii Balance Board. :glare:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well that's a weird choice. I guess that's the WTF character of this game. Meh, still too hype for seeing Megaman and two of my three mains in glorious HD. For those who are wondering, I'm talking about Mario and Fox.

Top Bottom