• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why there will be no Super Smash Bros. 4....

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
I disagree with the title and original post of this thread. Super Smash Bros. 4 IS possible. The Wii lacks HDTV support and is EDTV based. It is said that Brawl lacks downloadable characters feature. If Super Smash Bros. 4 happens, it will change that. Super Smash Bros. 4 would also give more in-depth trophy descriptions and character biographies, as well as in-depth information about the games in the Chronology feature. There may also be the vision of the Nintendo Universe. There would another Subspace Adventure Mode, possibly being the sequel to Subspace Emissary. Super Smash Bros. 4 may be released as "Super Smash Bros. Fracas."

Bensei

Smash Cadet
SSB4 won't be out before the next gen but I highly doubt they will leave the next Nintendo-gens without Smash. And as long there isn't full DLC I won't admit the Smash series to be over :p

And full HD and a larger format (I don't say Blu-Ray or HD-DVD) will bring even more content. The Double Layer DVD of Brawl is rather stuffed, or so I've heard

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
I think you're right. They can't make an entirely new Smash and the only way they'll make a new one is if they upgrade Brawl cause the game is just so **** EPIC at this point that there's almost no new features you could add. You could add to features like more characters, more stages, and whatnot but I can't think any entirely new features.
So yeah we'll see what happens with the next gen system though.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
There would a SSB4 but it will not be on the Wii, it would on a newer console in the future, and sakurai might not be involved also.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Very well stated argument, and I agree wholeheartedly. It is very unreasonable to think that there will be a 4th smash. But because some people may scream for it, they may make one, only it wouldn't be the same as the old ones because it lacks sakurai's vision. No matter what anyone says, I don't think that anyone could've made smash better than Sakurai

Chepe

Smash Lord
Nice read, but I think there will be a Smash 4 because of the very reason that Nintendo is making huge sales with it. I havent seen many Nintendo series who are let go when the latest game made billions...

Also just letting you know that Sora LTD had no real hand in the game. It was that Gaming Arts and perhaps HAL Labs... Sora is just Sakurai's company, not where the development team originated from...

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
"No matter what anyone says, I don't think that anyone could've made smash better than Sakurai"

THREE LANDMASTERS

I'm kidding! But seriously, there's always, ALWAYS that next generation of genius that comes along after their mentors. For all we know one of his underlings on this one will wow us in the next 5-10 years.

And really, if all anyone ever does is settle for what we're given and never tries to improve on it, then nothing awesome ever happens. The great rule of art is that you can *always* do something better.

Mr Mattastic

Smash Journeyman
Plenty of good points even though I dissagree with the main point. Nintendo loves to milk their franchises for all they're worth. Look at how many Mario, Zeldas, Mario Karts, Metriods, Pokemon ect. games there is in the world.

I for one don't really care for a SSB4 because I'm to stoked for the current game that hasn't even reached America yet, I don't even want to start thinking foward at least a long while. However I'm 95% sure that there will be a Smash 4 barring any catastrophic circumstances such as a sudden bankrupcy in Nintendo or Armageddon.

This game will seem perfect to us now and probaly for many years to come but 7 or 8 years down the road technology is going to change. We will be introduced to new characters and a new hardware that could be capable of things we can't even dream up yet. Characters might even be able to double their movesets for all we know even adding more depth to our eventual favorites. It could be possible down the road to have 8 players play at once. If 300 songs seems alot to you now it might be nothing compared to 2015ish. They could add an engine that would allow to play in a 3rd diminsion along with a classic mode.

There is plenty of things that the next game could add to make it a big sucess and again a cash cow and even if the company. If Sora Ltd. and Sakuari say they don't want to make another, I'm sure Iwata will find someone else

But I'm just happy to have this new game in about 3 weeks, let's bask in the present before we speculate about the far future

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
"No matter what anyone says, I don't think that anyone could've made smash better than Sakurai"

THREE LANDMASTERS

I'm kidding! But seriously, there's always, ALWAYS that next generation of genius that comes along after their mentors. For all we know one of his underlings on this one will wow us in the next 5-10 years.

And really, if all anyone ever does is settle for what we're given and never tries to improve on it, then nothing awesome ever happens. The great rule of art is that you can *always* do something better.
QFT. I like your thinking.
!?!?FTW SRETSAMDNAL

scarecrowuknow

Smash Cadet
well u cant really predict anything upcoming really... did people expect to move from horse to automobile transportation? did we expect to move from suitcase cell phones, to iphones? (u get my point) new things are sometimes unexpected, and will take form under some of the most unlikely conditions... who knows you might make a thread 8 or 9 years from now saying "I WAS WRONG, SSB4 is amazing" lol... but u have some good points there... way to do ur research :-)

Top Bottom