• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

why no tier list yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
obviously the game is still new to america but japan was able to make a tier list within the first 2 months of the games release, and lets be honest alot of people actually had this game when it was released in japan so wheres the tier list? we already have some power rankings listed why power rankings but no tier list, yes the game is new we all know that we obviously aren't gonna get it right the first time I believe(and most smashers should) that a sample tier list for america should be released at least somethin we can go off of, we have already established high number attendence tournaments alot more, and alot of the major tournaments have beaten pretty much all of the begining major tournaments for melee and there was a tier list out for then. I only wish my name was big so more people could listen and take it more serious then how many post it says i have, for I am obviously stating a legitamate point with decent facts(i say that only to avoid flames from dumb noobs) so please for the sake of everyone and to get debates overwith just put something in(everyones going to argue either way) at least to make something look offical

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Because the game's only been out around 3 months.

Thats all I have to say.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
wow did you not read what i said about japan having one within 3 months? I already said that please read before yaw make bad posts

I'm pretty sure i can counter explain any other reasons you guyz have for their not being one without flaming so please explain why still?

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
wow did you not read what i said about japan having one within 3 months? I already said that please read before yaw make bad posts

I'm pretty sure i can counter explain any other reasons you guyz have for their not being one without flaming so please explain why still?
Seriously, because the game has only been out 3 months.

We wanna get the list right the first time.

Now have some patience, sit down, and drink your god **** tea.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
lol japan had one within 2 months

theres no way it can be the correct list the first time might as well throw something out their something is obviously better then nothing cause right now your basically saying it's ok to say ganon is top tier along with snake cause theirs nothing offical.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
hell melee had to change it once-twice a year so obviously it will change over time no changing that and thats a fact!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all, as everyone's said, the games only been out 3 months. Second of all, along the same lines, the game is young enough where things are being found quickly enough that any tier list would likely be obsolete far too quickly to be updating for every development of the metagame. Sure, there could be a current one, but until things slow down a bit a tier list isn't anything but a waste of time.

Also, could you try to learn some grammar please? It's a pain in the neck to try and read through a massive paragraph without so much as a capital letter>_>

Smash Ace
Because the game's only been out around 3 months.

Thats all I have to say.
You should pay attention to this guy. He's a Diddy main, and therefore must be a wonderful, kind, brilliant person.

More seriously, the act of constructing a tier list the way the BR does it takes a great deal of time. They compare the results of a lot of different tourneys, look at the play style and techniques employed by a lot of players, discuss this a lot, then eventually vote. It takes time to get the needed tournament results, and more time to discuss and compare them and to watch the metagame develop.

Just because Japan got a tier list out fast doesn't mean that we will. You can see a lot of attempts in the official tier list discussion thread. The matchup chart might also be a good place to start.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
This thread is dumb. Why did I come here?

I have no fukking clue why you came here whats worse is that you posted.

mentosman:

Look I can type a sentence with great grammar and punctuation, I just choose not to.

anywayz your post just says this basically "the tier list isn't going to be perfect so there shouldn't be one" I already stated before obivously if you look at melee when it first came out and when the first tier lists were posted you'll see that alota low tier(now) characters in melee were at a higher tier back then obviously we weren't perfect then but a list was still made

next...

demon kirby i can't go to SBR so i have no idea whats going on i wish i could but i can't so here is the best

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
This whole topic is bad, every post you made has been bad and you made said bad posts in a profoundly dumb way.

please kill yourself you fukkin idiot

THANK YOU 2.72 FINALLY SOMEONE THATS SMART AND POSTED A GREAT POST THAT WAS WORTH READING

anywayz is there a date when it will be released at least a time frame cause I'm pretty sure a list could have been decided by now votes should not take this long to be processed

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
anywayz your post just says this basically "the tier list isn't going to be perfect so there shouldn't be one" I already stated before obivously if you look at melee when it first came out and when the first tier lists were posted you'll see that alota low tier(now) characters in melee were at a higher tier back then obviously we weren't perfect then but a list was still made
You missed my point entirely. The SBR is very thorough when making the tier lists, and with new developments being made relatively consistently it is very hard to have a good amount of tournament results with the new developments affecting them, but these developments also have to be factored into making a tier list, so it takes much more discussion and debate on where characters should be at this point in development. Of course they won't be accurate for how they are at the end of the game's lifespan, but it takes a long time to put out more than guesses, especially for the initial listing.

platnum

Smash Lord
Listen, Tier lists are VERY hard to make, It takes weeks upon weeks of testing and perfecting. three months is NOT LONG ENOUGH!/thread

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
ok basically your saying Americans are slow at making tier lists but not with power rankings?
on a serious note i really don't understand why a power ranking has been released before a actual tier list that doesn't make much sense to me does it to you?

platnum

Smash Lord
ok basically your saying Americans are slow at making tier lists but not with power rankings?
on a serious note i really don't understand why a power ranking has been released before a actual tier list that doesn't make much sense to me does it to you?
The power ranking is NOT official!
And just because Japan has a tier list does NOT mean its a good one.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
sorry d00d but I'm just waiting for intelligent post like 2.72 and mentosman seem to be posting you don't really know much of what your talking about, all smart brawlers knows the game was out in america when it was in japan most of the good players now and people who know about it better then anyone owned it when it came out in japan and alot of other poeple did as well so please spare me the 3 months bull**** it's been out since japan came out so basically it's been out for 5 and yeah sure i'll move to japan -_-

for the record i did not own the game when it came out in japan

Rampage

vx
There should be some form of punctuation after the word 'look'. A comma would suffice, but i would use a full stop (also known as a period, if you're American).
That would be incorrect; Since "Look" cannot stand on it's own as a sentence using a period after it just isn't right. Like you said, a comma would be suffice.

Grunt

Smash Master
That would be incorrect; Since "Look" cannot stand on it's own as a sentence using a period after it just isn't right. Like you said, a comma would be suffice.
Hmm...i never could figure out the proper use of a semi colon, when / where do i use one?

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Look man, do you want the rier list done fast?

Or do you want the tier list done right?

We're doing it right.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
LOL i wonder how many idiots are clicking that if you clicked it please get the **** out!

Rampage

vx
Hmm...i never could figure out the proper use of a semi colon, when / where do i use one?
You would use one to separate ideas that are similar, but enough of a difference to be considered it's own sentence.

Example: I think melee is cool; playing melee is better than playing brawl from a competitive view.

In the example "I think melee is cool" could have been used as it's own sentence, but I decided to add a similar idea that also could have been used as it's own sentence after it with a semi-colon rather than using a period. Using a period there instead of a semi-colon would look a little awkward, however using a semi-colon makes it look a little more complete, Understand?

Grunt

Smash Master
You would use one to separate ideas that are similar, but enough of a difference to be considered it's own sentence.

Example: I think melee is cool; playing melee is better than playing brawl from a competitive view.

In the example "I think melee is cool" could have been used as it's own sentence, but I decided to add a similar idea that also could have been used as it's own sentence after it with a semi-colon rather than using a period.
OIC

10Epicthreads

smashbot226

Smash Master
LOLOLOLOLOL that was funny

Grunt:
I was here for melee i know this **** thanks for wasting a post again.

you guys need to go to www.grammarboards.com please posts your worthless posts there
<_<

Pretty sure that was directed at you...

N-E-WEI, the last tier list took TWO YEARS.

TWO LONG DRAGGED YEARS.

Trevyn, you can either take any garbage of a tier list thrown at you, or you can get the right stuff.

Stop whining, you ignorant little tw@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom