• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why is YOUR Marth Getting Grabbed

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
I get grabbed when a Falco spams SHL on his approach and occasionally gets me while I'm stunned or in the shield.
Ok well if the falco is SHLing then why would he grab you??Why not shffl dair to shine.w/e tho.Ok when dealing with his laser you want to shield some of the lasers while approaching with jumps ,so for example if he lasering you from a distance then you would wait until he starts to make and approach with a lasor and as soon as you see him getting closer and hits you with that first laser you jump out of your shield and approach him with a fair and if he shields it go for a grab if not ,follow up like a good l-canceled fair followed by an up tilt.Thats just an example of course but once you fight them more you will be able to know when to approach.Btw if it just so happens that you weren't asking for any solutions or it was the wrong kind of advice(or bad advice if that)then hopefully it helps any marth who needs help against a falco battle.Hopefully it helps:p .

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I usually get shield grabbed after a f-air when landing against my friend. I pretty much already know the problem I think. After I f-air I attempt to L-cancel then do something else like grab or dash dance in front or behind. Problem is, I just feel so intimidated by him. I think I L-cancel then make the next move too slow and he just shield grabs.

Is there a faster move I can use after the L-cancel to avoid the shield grab? Maybe practicing this move will help me attack faster in general after the L-cancel.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
There's a few things that I personally do to avoid getting shieldgrabbed.

1.Fair to Dtilt. First, the most important part is to space your fair. You want hit just with the tip of your sword, although you probably already know that, and then L cancel into a dtilt. This will make sure you don't get shieldgrabbed, as long as the spacing on your fair is good.

2.Fair to grab. If the fair hits with the tip, then it should cause enough shield stun for you to L cancel and run in for a grab.

3.Nair to Spotdodge. I find it easy to Nair someone's shield and then spotdodge right after. It's fast, so you shouldn't get shieldgrabbed.

I would say Nair or Fair to jab, but it's risky. His jab is slow, and ir gets shieldgrabbed a lot also. I wouldn't recommend it.

But ya, the most important part is making sure you hit their shield with the tip of your sword. We all know how long Marth's sword is, so you'll be safe.

Top Bottom