• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

****Why do all the vids in here suck?****

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
i dont think theres a video out there that can ever satisfy your vicious appetite for a good video maybe if you stopped playing falcon you wouldnt be so bad *** and you can watch them.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
back in my day, people who were good made vids. now, anyone with a camera makes vid after vid after vid.

i guess if you enjoy it, than ignore me, but people wanna see dunk compilation videos of Jordan, Vince Carter, and Labron James..... they dont wanna see vids of Jamal "Bubblegum" Watkins, the ex high school player from south jersey. if you get my point.

metroid1117

Smash Master
With the development of YouTube, people are posting videos in an attempt to make their name known. Unfortunately, people can't predict what public opinion will be; I'm sure if people can look into the future and see that their video will be flamed or shot down, they wouldn't bother posting/making it, unless it was their hobby to do so.

chaddd

Smash Lord
Because all your vids blew so much that we had to balance it out.

Seriously though, my vid owns you. Don't lie.

EDIT: I'm not completely serious.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
back in my day, people who were good made vids. now, anyone with a camera makes vid after vid after vid.

i guess if you enjoy it, than ignore me, but people wanna see dunk compilation videos of Jordan, Vince Carter, and Labron James..... they dont wanna see vids of Jamal "Bubblegum" Watkins, the ex high school player from south jersey. if you get my point.
Funny you say that, considering the combo vid I'm working on right now for m2k, isai, and PC. :)

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
With the development of YouTube, people are posting videos in an attempt to make their name known. Unfortunately, people can't predict what public opinion will be; I'm sure if people can look into the future and see that their video will be flamed or shot down, they wouldn't bother posting/making it, unless it was their hobby to do so.
You know, if they compared their vids to other vids before posting them then they'd probably be able to predict how badly their vids suck in comparison. BUT they keep forking them over anyway.

I think it's just so they can officially say "i have a combo video"

PacStrife

Smash Ace
I think that everyone has a right to post a vid if they make one. Like me, I just made a captain falcon combo video. I'm not SS or Isai I'm just PAC!. I guess if that means my video isn't good enough then so be it, but I think that my video can still be very enjoyable for others to watch and that's all I wanted. Not to say "I have a combo vid" but to say "I influenced someone today in a positive way"? If even one person get's somthing out of a video then it is A-OK with me.

That's why all videos are optional to watch or not. I guess the real question is why are these "good players" your talking about not making many videos? Even if the market is flooded the good ones will always rise to the top. Maybe you should just try to be more patient, good things are worth waiting for afterall.

halfDemon

Smash Lord
I think that everyone has a right to post a vid if they make one. Like me, I just made a captain falcon combo video. I'm not SS or Isai I'm just PAC!. I guess if that means my video isn't good enough then so be it, but I think that my video can still be very enjoyable for others to watch and that's all I wanted. Not to say "I have a combo vid" but to say "I influenced someone today in a positive way"? If even one person get's somthing out of a video then it is A-OK with me.

That's why all videos are optional to watch or not. I guess the real question is why are these "good players" your talking about not making many videos? Even if the market is flooded the good ones will always rise to the top. Maybe you should just try to be more patient, good things are worth waiting for afterall.
Don't worry. Your vid is not one of the sucky ones.

The good players aren't making combo vids as much because they're already known and don't need quick publicity. Besides, there'll be others to make the vids for them.

Grey Fox

Smash Journeyman

RelaxImAProfessional Speaking on bro's name-

well there are.

there are pro vids, and amatuer vids. sometimes the ams are pretty good. like javi and silent.

then you also have your micheal jordan vids too, but they are all old, since professionals are too good to be making combo vids or whatever.

but anywho, WHO THE **** IS SUPPOSED TO IMPRESS YOU!??! GO PLAY KM OR SOMETHING!

The King

Smash Ace
Maybe you should ask the good players you know on the EC to take the footage they may have of themselves playing, and from it create a combo video.

If you ask them and they either say 1.) they don't care about combo vids enough to make them, or 2.) they don't have enough footage, or any footage at all to make a combo vid, then you have your answer as to why not enough good ones exist. Not enough good players give a **** to record their crazy **** or put in the time to make something amusing like that.

Then there are the players who make combo vids of other people, who usually can only scrounge up the matches that have been posted somewhere online and that's all the material they get to work with (The epic Ken vs Isai vid comes to mind, where the only matches involved were sadly the matches from MOAST, I believe). In most cases, a player who's even semi-decent would rather put forth all the effort involved in making a video for himself, rather than for someone else. So the criteria you'd need for a fan to make a combo vid for someone else who normally wouldn't care about them are: 1.) He has a ton of free time, 2.) He would love to see A vid of (insert pro), and 3.) He's so bad he wouldn't want to publish gameplay of himself.

You reap what you sow. If the top players want awesome combo vids of the top players....they themselves will probably need to make them if they want even a decent outcome. Where's your vid, greg?

King Out

g-regulate

Smash Hero
oh gimme a break king, my point is that people who suck shouldnt make vids because no one wants to see them. sure, people "have the right" to do whatever they want... it doesnt mean they cant be an idiot.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Greg is just being a douche and sometimes forgets 13 year olds with recording devices playing smash is in fact common.

Settle down, ranger.

-BLaze-

Smash Cadet

Can't agree with you more, mind if I quote u in my signature..? Yes I'm serious

PacStrife

Smash Ace
oh gimme a break king, my point is that people who suck shouldnt make vids because no one wants to see them. sure, people "have the right" to do whatever they want... it doesnt mean they cant be an idiot.
I guess my question to you then would be, How good does someone have to be in your opinion to make a combo video? good as you? better than you? I'm just curious.

Inevitable

Smash Apprentice
In general in youtube standards smash videos are considered to suck horribly, so there is no point now is there?

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
I guess my question to you then would be, How good does someone have to be in your opinion to make a combo video? good as you? better than you? I'm just curious.
correct me if im wrong but did you just suggest that theres somebody out there better than g-reg? if so you have to tell me who that somebody is and i have to re-write my bible.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
man g-reg y u gotta crush all the 13 yr'ol boys dreams of making a combo vid like their idle Zelgadis!

chaddd

Smash Lord
for agreeing? lol. ok
Not so much for agreeing, but for asking if you could sig what he said. F*CK THAT SH*T. SIG THAT SH*T NO MATTER WHO'S TALKING TRASH.

Seriously, I don't think he has copyrights to what he's posted, so you didn't HAVE to ask?

By the way, there are a lot of, *cough*, skill-lacking players making videos these days, but my suggestion is, unless you're Ares and have to keep up with the Combo Video Compilation, then don't watch the ones of people you don't know. Then you start judging it objectively and can completely trash on someone's play style based on the video, whether or not you know their actual skill level. However, if it's the 17th "Link Tutorial" that's ever been put onto YouTube, I think emailing the admins at YouTube is the best you can do to rid us of trash like that.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Not so much for agreeing, but for asking if you could sig what he said. F*CK THAT SH*T. SIG THAT SH*T NO MATTER WHO'S TALKING TRASH.

Seriously, I don't think he has copyrights to what he's posted, so you didn't HAVE to ask?

By the way, there are a lot of, *cough*, skill-lacking players making videos these days, but my suggestion is, unless you're Ares and have to keep up with the Combo Video Compilation, then don't watch the ones of people you don't know. Then you start judging it objectively and can completely trash on someone's play style based on the video, whether or not you know their actual skill level. However, if it's the 17th "Link Tutorial" that's ever been put onto YouTube, I think emailing the admins at YouTube is the best you can do to rid us of trash like that.
emailing the admins who do nothin they arnt gunna watch every combo vid see if its good then allow it acces on the site thats absurd cuz there is so much other stupid stuff on youtube they should be worried about ...if ur tired of all the lack-luster vids then go around ur area, the smash scene, or even the world record matches of you ****** all the guys from the skilless vids and make a combo vid showing how much all the guys suck and how good you are otherwise stop complainig and just keep smashing like you know u are gunna do anyway

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Now if only I had the video of my friend Chad from Southaven who actually beat Greg in a set with Pika at FC6, now THAT would make for a good combo video XD. I love you G-reg, but I think it would be funny to poke at your ego just a tad XD. <3

People also need to stop making their vids just like every other vid! People need to get creative with music choices and perhaps showcase a combo video with comedy or something. There are very very few vids like that, and they are the ones I would still watch regardless of how dated they get cause they are just downright funny.

Xelyst

-_-
yah good players get bored of making personal vids after a while...

still dont understand why there are barely any tournament threads being posted ..

The King

Smash Ace
People also need to stop making their vids just like every other vid! People need to get creative with music choices and perhaps showcase a combo video with comedy or something. There are very very few vids like that, and they are the ones I would still watch regardless of how dated they get cause they are just downright funny.
Exactly why The Textbook is probably my favorite...combo video...of all time. =D Not sure if the vid is still floating around after all this time, but it's really awesome.

And I'm not attacking or degrading anyone in particular, including you G-reg. Sadly, there are a lot of poorly-made and poorly-thought out videos =/. Just saying that great combo videos are only made by great players where awesome combos come naturally and frequently. Great combo vids also come from decent players with terrific editing skills and know how to produce an amusing video eith flashy clips and a taste of music that meshes well. We get out of our community what we put into it.

King Out

nublet06

Smash Lord
I am currently working on a combo video for my crew, and i personally feel that originality will ooze from your computer monitor when you watch it.

Luigi, falcon, sheik, fox, marth, jiggz, peach, falco, link. we got a mix of everything.

We even have our own official palmdale crew song from our link player creepy fingers. he is amazing.

The only thing not original is the idea for a crew combo video. <3 DBR. and the fact that no matter what i do, the sheik parts are going to suck XD

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Exactly why The Textbook is probably my favorite...combo video...of all time. =D Not sure if the vid is still floating around after all this time, but it's really awesome.
I almost forgot about that, and man, that was great XD.
and the fact that no matter what i do, the sheik parts are going to suck XD
Find a way to make it entertaining! Throw in some stupid moments and put on a wacky song. Make a joke of sheik or something. There is a lot you can do to make up for a lacking part (i'm assuming it's just cause you feel sheik's combos are boring or something?). Just toss around a few ideas and try them out.

Top Bottom