• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why Cant You Beat M2k

Status
Not open for further replies.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Nope, you're an *******...

but seriously, he's just a dude who plays smash very well why does everyone have a hate wagon against him? o.O

@the tok3n effect Why should people go easy. I can't thikn of a time when I was playing in a tournament and I thought, oh well I'm gonna win, time to go easy on this dude. Seriously, even in friendlies I hardly ever let up because if you're just messing around you're not going to get any better.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
you are probably pretty bad honestly. You might not wanna play m2k and find out how much you actually have to learn.
Ignorance is bliss:)

Vts

Smash Champion
I'm a really nice guy, I don't know what you heard about me but it's wrong. The only part that's true in that is that i toy with people sometimes, but not with malicious intent.
I would have to meet you to find out so maybe a tournament later this year that I can get to, man you live far away lol curse me for living in arkansas!!!!!

Vts

Smash Champion
you are probably pretty bad honestly. You might not wanna play m2k and find out how much you actually have to learn.
Ignorance is bliss:)
o i've been beaten pretty bad by people from around the state mainly iori, chad and ihavespaceballs

i am very ignorant when i'm in a good mood :), also i enjoy meeting new people even if i never see them again.

The_T0k3n_Effect

Smash Rookie
Chesapeake, VA...The place where Brawl hardly rule
@the tok3n effect Why should people go easy. I can't thikn of a time when I was playing in a tournament and I thought, oh well I'm gonna win, time to go easy on this dude. Seriously, even in friendlies I hardly ever let up because if you're just messing around you're not going to get any better.
I know that. Which is why I said that at that level of play he has that rite. I'm not being hard on this guy. I ADMIRE Mew2King. All that dedication and to get that good is awesome.

I'm a really nice guy, I don't know what you heard about me but it's wrong. The only part that's true in that is that i toy with people sometimes, but not with malicious intent.
My bad if I offended you in anyway. I wasn't trying to be offensive, but still I'm sorry.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
At SWF I've never seen M2K "mean". Just a bit rigid at times. But really there doesn't need to be a thread for this.... if people want to win major tourneys they have to beat M2K so that's motivation right there. I personally hope that a group of people step up to M2K's level so he doesn't win SO consistently and there are a lot of epic and close matches with him in it. I still want M2K on top (he's my fav pro after all with the sexiest Marth eva!), but with more ppl at an even level with him.

In short. Main Jiggz. Its the only thing that's worked so far.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
if you really dont like this thread, dont read it. thats all i can tell you. theres nothing better to do in the melee forums anyways. there dead. like i said before, anyone a good friend/ know pc chris?

some1rational

Smash Cadet
I was interested in the stupidity of the thread-starter because of the title so I trolled/read all 6 pages...I wasn't disappointed, Jonas you are dumb, I wouldn't be surprised if better players don't even want to play you

LLDL

Smash Hero
lol its a falcos job to take out a marth. Its the natural balance of ssbm

chaddd

Smash Lord
and shiz is a tad overrated.
I don't want to respond to that because you're the same guy who told me I was camping your Falco with Ganondorf for those consistent 3 stocks.

Shiz is under rated.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to respond to that because you're the same guy who told me I was camping your Falco with Ganondorf for those consistent 3 stocks.

Shiz is under rated.
i agree, shiz is NOT OVERRATED. falco calling ganon campy?!?!? whaaaaaaaa

Eggm

Smash Hero
We were playing friendlies and he wasn't approach once in like 2 minutes like every match for a good amoutn of time thats why i said it. I was bored and not wanting to camp back so i was learning stuff. I won the majority when i was trying. Shiz is overrated in the sense that hes close to m2k cause of that 1 set where he was playing bad. Not that hes the best falco.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Or once sentence. I hadn't been playing melee that much I was concentrating on brawl and the crowd really got to me.

Ace83

Smash Journeyman
We were playing friendlies and he wasn't approach once in like 2 minutes like every match for a good amoutn of time thats why i said it. I was bored and not wanting to camp back so i was learning stuff. I won the majority when i was trying. Shiz is overrated in the sense that hes close to m2k cause of that 1 set where he was playing bad. Not that hes the best falco.
excuse me if i'm wrong, but how could any ganondorf camp against a lambchops? anyway... shiz is not as good as m2k, thats pretty much accepted. m2k is excellent against spacies (and others, i know, so stfu), which is what wins tourney's now. in ken's time, you had to beat sheik, and other marths. Of course this is not entirely true, but its not entirely false either. Of course these are general statements, and yes, m2k didn't play his best against shiz. shiz didn't play his best in that set either. Even though m2k is the best people should stop johning for him and take from this set what it delivers.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i agree that shiz is good..and he probably would have won matches 1 and 3 without m2k's recovery mistakes..but because of them it makes it look like he won by a much larger margin than he would normally be capable of.

matches 2 and 4 they both makes less mistakes and in general they aren't game-ending ones.

it's just that it's unnatural for m2k to miss chaingrabs that even i can get 98% of the time...and two or 3 times in one set..it's ridiculous...that's like 30% of his grabs that messed up

we just expect more out of the robot...dashizwiz..while amazing..tends to make a decent number of basic errors per match...that's because the stuff he's trying is really technical no doubt... a dashdance grab on the other hand is not particularly difficult to perform..and is essential for taking down falco's..other than that and a few missed recoveries that for the most part occurred in the matches m2k would have lost anyways...it seemed pretty even.

ps- i want to see m2k's fox go against dashizwiz's falco..everyone talks about how fox has adapted and beats falco these days..and i usually see that when i watch top level matches...but i wonder if it would be different if it was dashizwiz;p...technical skill counts x5 when in a vs space animal matchup.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
I like how m2k said himself that he thought Shiz was top 3...
I also heard that in most the friendlies they did at hungrybox's shiz won more of them. They were friendlies but still.
Either way, M2k has been playing more Brawl and he still manages to be the best in both games. He doesn't play too much Melee anymore... Though it's not a John for him he isn't quite as polished as he was around pound 3.

M2k has an understanding of the game that we don't at the moment. I think that's fine, in fact it's inspirational and comforting know that M2K is that sort of leap above people. It means Smash bros at least has that much more to evolve even for being out for 7 years.

JonaDiaper

Smash Champion
^^ haha the supra is funny( your sig)

yea m2ks the best we get it. no one has to john for him because he freakin wins everything. how can you john if you win. fer realz, anyways schools starting soon so melee is probly gonna die out some more..anyone agree

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
whatever happened to the phrase "no johns".

no offense to you guys, i'm sure all of your reasons are reliable ones but dang, thats alot of reasons.

btw m2k is too good, eggm's falco is too smooth.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman

1-Right now he is the best falco. Unless PC still plays melee but havent heard from him.
2- M2K he seem a little weird cause he dont talk much but one you speak to him it not that bad.

3- i dont know the situations of the ganon but for me he was playing smart.Some times I dont aproach to much My oponment unless Im losing badly. I always try to play safe

4- Cactuar : someone that doesnt play to win in friendlies. ha everyone could come up with an excuse like that. or maybe u were just scared to play "to win" heard that a lot of times.

5- saying M2K aint technical is wrong. he plays a lot of characters and half of them are really good.

6- Jona you should come to PR sometime pa vacaciones.

7-

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Fox Hater, you are a bit of an idiot. Way to make a create a bad rep for PR people.

I don't use it as an excuse for losing, it's just very strange to me for people to go around bragging about winning a match that didn't matter, say they ***** me, and then change their story again later and say they are close to my level. Tournament or it didn't mean anything. I'm sorry I don't care about random matches more?

Drephen

Smash Master
I would **** Drephen in Sheik dittos

At Viva La Smash last year I had a really bad controller. This is because the day after SCC my controller got stolen, this was sept 30th 2007. Almost all of october I didn't attend a tourney. When VLS came around, I was using a random controller that my friend gave me, but it was really bad. I couldn't dash behind me quickly, which is very important in chain grabs, up throw to fairs with marth, dashing away after fairing a sheild to avoid getting shield grabbed, and many other things. With a bad controller I can't play good at all. That's why I did so bad at VLS, I could have potentially won that tourney had I still had my SCC controller. If you don't believe me you can ask Cactuar or Scar, they will back me up on this, I didn't even wanna attend that tourney because of that. Controller affects me a lot in Melee.

not to discredit the people that played me at fast, but i don't think i was that good at melee at that tourney, because I kept messing up CGs, jab edge guards, and powershields, and I normally don't mess them up so much, but I think that was because I haven't meleed in so long and was nervous. I still think Shiz is the best falco though, or PC's prime actually, I don't know. But on another note, I haven't practiced melee hardly at all in 2008 unless I'm going to play someone (like once every month or two at cactuars generally), so I don't know if it will get any better until maybe next summer vacation if I hear there's big tourneys for just melee. I'm just trying to ride off my 2007 ability, I think the best I've played in a tourney was the FCD finals.

but here's the thing I don't get. Why do people want me to lose? some people said it's cuz I won too much, but don't i deserve to win? I haven't even made the money that I should have because of bad luck with random things (half of this comes from Evo World), but whenever I'm at any tourneys people always want the other person to win unless they are friends of mine or from my region. I think that's dumb. I root for who I want to win, but usually say nothing at all, instead of just going with crowd bias.

I'm not a robot
rofl you can beat me in shiek dittos surrrrrreeeeeeeee

m2k i will **** any of your characters, it doesnt really matter who you go cause i can read you like windows 98 you ****ing robot

controller johns? the most basic of johns. Get over it, whenever i have lost and my i "think" my controller is ****ing up you still dont use it as an excuse, man up accept the loss.

seriously you've made johns about every loss you ever had, ****ing be a man and not a computer for once

also i heard you told the guy who was uploading the OC3 videos not to upload the ones you lost because "i was playing bad in them and didnt want anyone else to see" lol

do you go around messaging people to not upload videos on the vids you lost? what a ****in joke

anyways best falco is mathos, end of discussion lol

Scar

#HarveyDent
Tournament or it didn't mean anything.
QFT, I use friendlies to get better at certain parts of my game like awesome combos and humiliating last-stock KOs. Playing to win in friendlies is only good if you're completely satisfied with the way you play, otherwise it's a better idea to test new things in non-tournament matches.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
What's your logic behind this statement? If Shiz beats PC in ditto's, but PC wins more tournies doesn't that just mean: Shiz is a better Falco, but PC is a better player?
No, it means that Shiz is a better Falco dittoer and PC is a better player. Different players excel at different matchups, just because you can beat up on your own character doesn't mean you've achieved mastery of them.

Say player A can always beat player B in Falco dittos. Who cares about that if player A always gets knocked out of tournies by random Jiggs and Peach players and player B consistently places higher. It just means that player B isn't as good at 1 particular matchup, it doesn't mean that he's worse with Falco.

Also, talking about a hypothetical Falco ditto is stupid because they haven't played in ditto in tourney in a long long time, so who knows what would happen.

otg

Smash Master
No, it means that Shiz is a better Falco dittoer and PC is a better player. Different players excel at different matchups, just because you can beat up on your own character doesn't mean you've achieved mastery of them.

Say player A can always beat player B in Falco dittos. Who cares about that if player A always gets knocked out of tournies by random Jiggs and Peach players and player B consistently places higher. It just means that player B isn't as good at 1 particular matchup, it doesn't mean that he's worse with Falco.

Also, talking about a hypothetical Falco ditto is stupid because they haven't played in ditto in tourney in a long long time, so who knows what would happen.
Cool, makes a lot of sense now. Thanks for clarifying!!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
also i heard you told the guy who was uploading the OC3 videos not to upload the ones you lost because "i was playing bad in them and didnt want anyone else to see" lol

do you go around messaging people to not upload videos on the vids you lost? what a ****in joke

anyways best falco is mathos, end of discussion lol
loool Yeah I asked him iswell on that Bombsoldier vs Noobking match and he said that M2k was complaining because he wasnt playing good or something like that and I think PC just agreed with it to avoid the confrontation. I think it was just kinda selfish because I think if PC was playing badly he would have been a man and left it up there and M2K would have wanted it up there loool. He was kinda acting like a cry baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom