• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Why 3.5 is bad for squirtle (+additional discussion)

Mr. Fabulous

Smash Cadet
No more signs of flaming on the Squirtle board. Has Dad's and TxZero's love finally brought peace to the Squirts?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I killed a Bowser with AJ when he was at 113% after the hit barely above the left platform of battlefield

Can we all be friends again and accept that the new AJ is our lord and savior?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
I killed a Bowser with AJ when he was at 113% after the hit barely above the left platform of battlefield

I can accept Aqua Jet, but Squirtle still needs a real wall jump now ;)

TxZero

Smash Cadet
My tag is Zeroic btw I just didn't wanna make a new acc.

Edit: additional content

Last edited:

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Wait you guys are just bsing right, this guy doesn't really have a thing going on with his dad right? Cause that's pretty jacked up. I don't care if they are gay. Just please tell me you guys arnt related

Edit: Additional Content

Last edited:

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet

But he can kill with up smash/up special/ up air/ and easy chase off edge when people have that percent

I still think old aj was more useful. I guess I'm just not used to 3.5 yet but I have suicided 3 times wile trying to recover by using aj and forgetting that it doesn't pop me up onto stage anymore. Then I cry because bounce of stage To my death and think to myself "my good friend 3.2 squirtle would have never done this to me"

Last edited:

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
O
My tag is Zeroic btw I just didn't wanna make a new acc.
btw, I have no clue how to respond to messages. I was trying to figure it out but I couldn't. Then the message disappeared. My bad:-s

Last edited:

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Okay, I know that seemed pretty obvious but it still doesn't make sense, you just call him ~dad~ right? But in fact he is not you flesh and blood dad of whom you share DNA with???

Whatever. Doesn't matter. What really matters is 3.5 update :,(

Last edited:

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Oh. Lol, just looked at ~dad~s profile. If he is nineteen then yeah no. Ur not his kid. I'm seventeen ad none of my friends have kids nearly that old

Last edited:

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Dude he's my real dad don't make fun of him for his life decisions

Last edited:

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Dude he's my real dad don't make fun of him for his life decisions
Dude that means your no older than 7. I don't know any 7 year olds that say stuff like that. So most likely your feeding me bologna. I don't like the taste of bologna so stap it.

Last edited:

TxZero

Smash Cadet
So you're cool with him having gay sex with his adopted son?

Good that would be awkward if you weren't.

Last edited:

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
So you're cool with him having gay sex with his adopted son?

Good that would be awkward if you weren't.
Hahaha, ur funny. Not what I meant And I'm pretty sure if that was the case then you would be taken by child protection agency. Plus I don't think you can adopt at nineteen. I was just making a point about life decisions. Lol

Last edited:

TxZero

Smash Cadet
Hahaha, ur funny. Not what I meant And I'm pretty sure if that was the case then you would be taken by child protection agency. Plus I don't think you can adopt at nineteen. I was just making a point about life decisions. Lol
please don't tell CPS I really love my Dad even if he does touch me

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Anyway, 3.5 isn't bad for Squirtle, his relative strength is much higher now.
Yes but it happened at the cost of mobility. And it happened to a lot of other chars as well. I know it was the point of the update but at the same time I didn't realize the intention of the update was to make every char be the exact same in play style.

~Dad~

part time gay dad
Yes but it happened at the cost of mobility. And it happened to a lot of other chars as well. I know it was the point of the update but at the same time I didn't realize the intention of the update was to make every char be the exact same in play style.
Squirtman did not lose mobility. Withdraw was a terrible, terrible movement option lol.

His wavedash also literally got better in this update.

Last edited:

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Anyway, 3.5 isn't bad for Squirtle, his relative strength is much higher now.
It could be worse and in comparison it's probably better overall, if just a couple things were different I'd be fine with it

Thetoymaker787

Smash Cadet
Squirtman did not lose mobility. Withdraw was a terrible, terrible movement option lol.

His wavedash also literally got better in this update.
Dude iv watched streams of you using it with aj to recover. It was so good. Even if it's not used to deal damage

MrAzureKun

Smash Cadet
Whats wrong with loving ~Dad~.
~Dad~'s my hero.
Also I've gotten alot better at squirtle just because of this update.
While I enjoyed the last aqua jet more I don't find this one bad enough to complain about anymore.

That being said I do think his double jump should be touched on or atleast inspected.
Its almost useless.
If he's gonna be a ninja he should be a good ninja.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I know it was the point of the update but at the same time I didn't realize the intention of the update was to make every char be the exact same in play style.
I'm sorry I didn't realize Squirtle could now whack his opponents in the face with Ragnell

I really should pay more attention to the changelog

I guess I main every character now

Zwarm

Smash Hero
But he can kill with up smash/up special/ up air/ and easy chase off edge when people have that percent

I still think old aj was more useful. I guess I'm just not used to 3.5 yet but I have suicided 3 times wile trying to recover by using aj and forgetting that it doesn't pop me up onto stage anymore. Then I cry because bounce of stage To my death and think to myself "my good friend 3.2 squirtle would have never done this to me"
You do realize it's like 10x harder to land a killing up smash than to land a simple dtilt/dsmash/utilt into AJ? It gives Squirtle a reliable kill option outside of catching your opponent off guard or punishing mistakes with up smash.

Top Bottom