• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who's the player who inspired u?

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
kevin. best smasher ever. well actully hes not that good but he has extremly good mindgames and he has the greatest di and teching ability. hes also my bestfriend =P

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
not to try to sound mean or stupid or anything but did u intend for ur name to b lookslike****? lol
obviously you have not played brawl. That is good, but my name is LooksLikePit for a reason.

I guess watching ken/pc/mew2king got me really into it because at the time it looked like I was as good/better than them, but then I realized that I wasn't, but by then I was already hooked.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I looked up some videos of ken, and then it turned out he was gonna be on survivor, so I watched survivor.

LittleFumi

Smash Journeyman
obviously you have not played brawl. That is good, but my name is LooksLikePit for a reason.

I guess watching ken/pc/mew2king got me really into it because at the time it looked like I was as good/better than them, but then I realized that I wasn't, but by then I was already hooked.
lol i remember when i was a complete noob i thought i would be able to beat ken because i said he just chaingrabbed... haha and this was when i was one of those people who would always pick hyrule temple with items

SuperRad

Smash Master
Well
The first videos I watched were FC3 east vs west crews. From that I was actually really inspired by KillaOR and Ken. I wanted to play puff but she was too hard for me to play at first so I messed around with marth.

DBR's Evolution was a big inspiration for me.

I saw SilentSpectre at MLG Anaheim [my first tournament] go crazy on people and I wanted to play like him.

As for people I actually got to really know, I would say that Sheridan has always been an inspiring player. The guy has such little tech skill, but beats a lot of people. He's smart as hell. Phil is a big one, because he keeps getting better and better.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
It was probably HugS for me.

Simply because he was a **** good Samus.

When I started learning the game, I realized how much more amazing he is to be a Samus who is a top contender.

DCmoney1255

Smash Journeyman
watching the FC3 crew vid got me hooked to the game.. Hugs' samus slowly moved to PC Chris' Fox/Falco

Lovage

Smash Hero
i cant remember.....hmm but silent wolf/eggz made me want to pick up fox ( i mained falcon for like my first 5 tournies)

HugS™

Smash Lord
I went through several inspirational players. Even after I was considered a good player.

Superfriends were my first inspiration. Fight for your crew, homies, region, coast, and pride.

Ken was my next inspiration. He was the epitome of natural talent. Sometimes it's ok to not know what you are doing.

Then it was Tavo. He was the epitome of consistency and a reactive style. I'll never forget the best piece of advice he ever gave me: "Everyone plays the same".

Then it was Omar aka Blood of the Fallen. He had bursts of brilliance that made me realize that a worse player can beat a better player. Therefore...never give up.

Then it was DSF, he was the epitome of gay. Made me realize you need to play gay to beat gay. This information definitely helped me out later on.

Then it was m2k. He was the epitome of perfection and hard work. Never ****s up. Never makes mistakes. Also, when I realized my style was no longer paying off, I worked hard to update it to deal with the new generations.

I never really looked up to a Samus though. Not even Wes. I never really saw these samus players and thought "He seems to be doing it right". Not even when I was a noob.

So it's kind of clear to me how these players shaped the player I became.

Top Bottom