• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I assume Mach 2, only because the description in Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission says "dash at supersonic speeds". "Speeds" is plural. Munomario777 said it could just mean Samus is moving Mach 1.3 instead of Mach 1.2 (the low-end speed), but I pointed out that if the speed difference was negligible, there wouldn't be any reason to use "speeds".
It's still not necessarily Mach 2, but whatever.
Poop. That's all I could think.
I literally just saw that, lol. Kinda fitting, given what happens when you get eaten in the Nintendo Land minigame...
Light speed dash takes place in the air, doesn't it?
It takes place wherever there's a trail of Rings, whether it be close to the ground or high in the air.

Last edited:

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Should master hand get considered for this, since he is playable in melee from a glitch and did apaer as a boss in Kirby. I'll put him in the bottom of A+ tier of he counts as a character.

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
Rockets from, say, an anti-air cannon would also work.

Sure thing. (Watch the right hand side for the SPD measurement.)

Can you imagine playing those FTL segments in the same way you would a Sonic game? Too much speed makes it unplayable.

How fast are said lightning strikes?

What is the most powerful attack that Counter has been shown to fully return, and what is the most powerful attack that Miracle has let the user survive?
Since when do the police have access to that level of firepower (that‘s national guard/proper military grade equipment or for the police in the U.S.)?

You do realize that his fall speed seems to be normal in those segments, right? If you want Sonic to go relativistic then you rely on cutscenes or bullet time sequences like the ones used in Bayonetta. Speaking of Bayonetta, do you think Sonic can consistently beat her and with how much difficulty (thinks about Sonic getting punched into the sun)?

https://youtu.be/SXb5moPCWYY?t=96 thunder spells at 1:36-2:09 for FE10 (Ike’s game).
https://youtu.be/9yP3htyQ-Uc?t=916 regular thunder attack at 15:16-15:21 and a bolting (siege tome) at 1:05:19-1:05:31. You can also spot Lethality/Silencer at 25:43-25:51. @Dryn any opinions on this matter (how fast must you be to dodge lightning bolts?).

The most potent attacks that Counter can return are critical blows (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkbQhOz5H8 for GBA criticals (FE8) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLoNkLC5FIU (this is only the 1st of three) for Wii criticals and mastery skills (FE10)), Lethality and the other offensive skills like Aether, Astra and Luna. Miracle can activate against all of the above plus Grima’s expiration (breath attack). You should ask ShadowLBlue for more information on the Awakening skills rather than me.

I assume Mach 2, only because the description in Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission says "dash at supersonic speeds". "Speeds" is plural. Munomario777 said it could just mean Samus is moving Mach 1.3 instead of Mach 1.2 (the low-end speed), but I pointed out that if the speed difference was negligible, there wouldn't be any reason to use "speeds".

I'm not sure how far Robin can fly. The speed for the arwings is unknown. There was no citation for it traveling Mach 4.2 in the atmosphere. Anyway, Samus could utilize the speed booster and space jump. The only issue is Samus would be traveling linearly, so any alteration on the arwings' part could prevent Samus from successfully attacking.

It is, but the limitation is also that Samus is incapable of acquiring more missiles because that's all she can collected in those games.

I think Samus has experienced enough aliens in her lifetime to be able to take down the Xenomorphs. Her character and the series is inspired by the Alien franchise.
I’m not sure that she is in excess of Mach 1 in gameplay but she is at the very top of the list regardless.

Yeah your right. She would be better served using her gunship against long distance airborne foes. How much punishment could her gunship take before being mission killed (you are familiar with that term, right?)?

I though she could resupply at her gunship (another reason why it must be destroyed quickly)?

You are knowledgeable aren’t you!
I wonder who else in the smash cast would do well in that scenario (imagines Facehugger Kirby, eww…)?

Reposting for new page:

If you want to know more about a particular character than ask the associated person:
:4mario::

:4drmario::

:4luigi::

:4peach::

:4bowser::

:4bowserjr:: Kirby Dragons

:rosalina::

:4yoshi::

:4wario2::

:4dk:: Dryn

:4diddy:: Dryn

:4link::

:younglinkmelee::

:4tlink::

:4zelda:: Kirby Dragons

:4sheik::

:4ganondorf::

:4samus:: Dryn

:4zss:: Dryn

:4pit:: Dryn

:4darkpit:: Dryn

:4palutena:: Dryn/Kirby Dragons

:4marth:: Kirby Dragons

:roypm::

:4myfriends:: Reckless Godwin 2.0

:4robinm:/:4robinf::

:4lucina::

:4kirby:: Kirby Dragons

:4dedede:: Kirby Dragons

:4metaknight:: Kirby Dragons

:4fox::

:4falco::

:wolf::

:pt::

:4pikachu::

:pichumelee::

:4charizard::

:4lucario::

:4jigglypuff::

:4mewtwo:: Kirby Dragons

:4greninja::

:4ness:: Kirby Dragons

:4lucas::

:4falcon::

:4villager:/:4villagerf::

:4olimar::

:4littlemac::

:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm::

:4shulk:: Reckless Godwin 2.0

:popo::

:4rob::

:4duckhunt::

:4pacman::

:4megaman::

:4sonic:: Munomario777

:snake::

:4miibrawl:: Kirby Dragons

:4miisword:: Kirby Dragons

:4miigun:: Kirby Dragons
Copy and paste if you update this list. I would also appreciate feedback on this.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
@ monzer monzer You don’t add their stat totals together and compare them to Mewtwo, you run each battle individually to get the result. Mewtwo could KO the Pokemon Trainer immediately and then proceed to OHKO each Pokemon in turn.

P.S. Did you mean to leave the 1st letter of your name in lowercase?
Oh yeah, I forgot that Pokemon tranor or can only use one Pokemon at a time. Also Mewtwo is level 100 while red's Pokemon are in the 70s. And no, u did not intend for the first letter of my username to be in lowercase.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
@Dryn any opinions on this matter (how fast must you be to dodge lightning bolts?).
That depends on how far it is. In a location where two people are ten miles apart, that'd require one to react faster than 160.7 milliseconds. As one moves closer, the reaction time needs to be in the microsecond range.

I’m not sure that she is in excess of Mach 1 in gameplay but she is at the very top of the list regardless.
"Supersonic" is Mach 1.2 to Mach 4.9. Mach 1 is the speed of sound, not supersonic. In-game, it doesn't look that way.

Yeah your right. She would be better served using her gunship against long distance airborne foes. How much punishment could her gunship take before being mission killed (you are familiar with that term, right?)?
I'm not sure. In Metroid: Zero Mission, Samus' ship is shot down with what looks like is supposed to be a laser. It could possibly be a particle beam. Makes more sense for smashing through the ship. The ship crashes onto Zebes where it is later presumably rebuilt into the one in Metroid Prime. In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, a lightning bolt possibly produced by dark energy hits Samus' ship where she ends up spiraling downward and smashes through some rocky area.

The ship survives, but it's damaged and in need of repair. It has auto-repair, so you can see the progress of the ship's repairs every time you return after doing something. Even the G.F.S. Tyr is damaged and it's stated that the heavy magnetic activity of the storm disabled comm systems. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the gunship is attacked by Ghor and heavily damaged. It repairs itself after Samus has completed a few missions. During auto-repair, the ship is still usable for restoring Samus' shield and weapons, but it can't fly.

I though she could resupply at her gunship (another reason why it must be destroyed quickly)?
She can, but she also has an ability called "concentration" where she can restore missiles and if in critical damage, can restore up 99 energy with an addition of 3 energy tanks. She also has 4 reserve tanks that activate automatically, though they can be switched to manual.

You are knowledgeable aren’t you!
I suppose.

@ Munomario777 Munomario777

1. Light shoes, light speed dash shoes, light chip, and ancient light are unnecessary if Sonic already travels faster than light. You said they serve other functions, the names of these abilities could have been given something else to match the specific ability. The main focus is running at light speed.

2. Aside from Sonic Unleashed, there is no other Sonic game I am aware of where SPD is used, let alone confirmed to show that 396 SPD is truly the speed of light. The reason why I asked if light speed dash is used in the air is because when Sonic is in the air, he slows down, explaining why the light speed dash could be 396 SPD.

3. There is never in any other Sonic game that I'm aware of where it is said that Sonic can run faster than light. That relies solely on SPD, which means there is no corroborating evidence, which means it is dubious.

4. If you assume 396 SPD translates to 299,792,458 m/s, then Sonic should have covered great distances. In 1 second, Sonic would have traveled 299,792,458 m/s. Let's assume the light speed dash lasts half a second (500 milliseconds, since it's brief), then using d = st, Sonic should have covered 149,896,229 meters. Earth is 40,075 kilometers in circumference.This means in half a second, Sonic has circled 374% of the Earth's distance. We don't see this. My using the environment is just as valid.

5. A simple explanation for why 396 SPD is used for the light speed dash could be due to its brevity. Want to cover a distance of say 3 meters? Well, in order to do that, you have to last only for 10.01 nanoseconds. Well, that was simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
@ Munomario777 Munomario777

1. Light shoes, light speed dash shoes, light chip, and ancient light are unnecessary if Sonic already travels faster than light. You said they serve other functions, the names of these abilities could have been given something else to match the specific ability. The main focus is running at light speed.
These abilities were introduced before Sonic learned the boost, which allows him to travel at FTL speeds. Thus, for a long time, they were the only way he could get close to light speeds, so they were named appropriately.
2. Aside from Sonic Unleashed, there is no other Sonic game I am aware of where SPD is used, let alone confirmed to show that 396 SPD is truly the speed of light. The reason why I asked if light speed dash is used in the air is because when Sonic is in the air, he slows down, explaining why the light speed dash could be 396 SPD.
I don't see how being exclusive to one game means that we should disregard it. As far as being in midair, the Light a Speed Dash travels as fast in midair as if does along the ground.
3. There is never in any other Sonic game that I'm aware of where it is said that Sonic can run faster than light. That relies solely on SPD, which means there is no corroborating evidence, which means it is dubious.
There's also the dialogue from Sonic Colors that I brought up earlier.
4. If you assume 396 SPD translates to 299,792,458 m/s, then Sonic should have covered great distances. In 1 second, Sonic would have traveled 299,792,458 m/s. Let's assume the light speed dash lasts half a second (500 milliseconds, since it's brief), then using d = st, Sonic should have covered 149,896,229 meters. Earth is 40,075 kilometers in circumference.This means in half a second, Sonic has circled 374% of the Earth's distance. We don't see this. My using the environment is just as valid.
This doesn't occur because of gameplay. The game would simply be unplayable at those speeds. Of course, the same thing applies to other similar cases, like the Speed Booster.
5. A simple explanation for why 396 SPD is used for the light speed dash could be due to its brevity. Want to cover a distance of say 3 meters? Well, in order to do that, you have to last only for 10.01 nanoseconds. Well, that was simple.
I don't follow. They want to make the description to-the-point, and that leads to them choosing 396 SPD specifically, or...?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Its kind of hard to measure. In the nature of video games and fiction in general we have the underdogs who are weaker often defeating foes much stronger than them.

Is Bowser technically stronger than Mario? Yes. But that doesn't stop Mario from beating him over and over again.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
These abilities were introduced before Sonic learned the boost, which allows him to travel at FTL speeds. Thus, for a long time, they were the only way he could get close to light speeds, so they were named appropriately.
A reasonable explanation, but only an ad hoc.

I don't see how being exclusive to one game means that we should disregard it. As far as being in midair, the Light a Speed Dash travels as fast in midair as if does along the ground.
It's kind of the same reason why I disregarded the "4.8 trillion teratons" for Metroid, since Aether and Dark Aether don't show their mass or diameter, and they fortunately stopped with the "cycles".

There's also the dialogue from Sonic Colors that I brought up earlier.
I may have not seen it. Will you please provide?

This doesn't occur because of gameplay. The game would simply be unplayable at those speeds. Of course, the same thing applies to other similar cases, like the Speed Booster.
The SPD occurs during game play as well, so . . . The speed booster is not so much an issue because it doesn't cover as great as a distance as one would traveling light speed. I already know from my testing that you can get different distances depending on if you make Samus fly upward assuming 411.6 m/s, and then falling while assuming 9.81 m/s. Like I said, though, the light speed dash is brief, so it'd make more sense for it to not last as long and therefore explain the lower SPD.

I don't follow. They want to make the description to-the-point, and that leads to them choosing 396 SPD specifically, or...?
Because of the light speed dash's brevity, the SPD reads it at a lower speed. If it had an infinite duration like Sonic's usual running speed, it'd be higher.

Its kind of hard to measure. In the nature of video games and fiction in general we have the underdogs who are weaker often defeating foes much stronger than them.

Is Bowser technically stronger than Mario? Yes. But that doesn't stop Mario from beating him over and over again.
I tend to take a palette approach, which looks like this.

• Reaction time
  • Physical strength
  • Speed
  • Durability
  • Weapons
  • Miscellaneous

When two characters are paired, the one with the higher number ends up being the winner. If two characters end up with the same amount of points, then they're neutral.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
A reasonable explanation, but only an ad hoc.
Fair enough.
It's kind of the same reason why I disregarded the "4.8 trillion teratons" for Metroid, since Aether and Dark Aether don't show their mass or diameter, and they fortunately stopped with the "cycles".
"4.8 trillion teratons" is an obvious typo; it's very close to "4.8 billion teratons", and that's similar to earth's mass. 1200 SPD is a raw measurement, so it can't be a typo, since it was never actually typed out.
I may have not seen it. Will you please provide?
Sure thing. Basically, after Sonic completes a time trial mission with a good ranking (which most likely involves using the boost), E-123 Omega (Robotnik's most advanced robot) analyzes Sonic's performance and finds that he is approaching light speed. Sonic then replies that light speed is no challenge.
The SPD occurs during game play as well, so . . .
Yes, and we don't actually see/control the speed because that would simply be impossible.
The speed booster is not so much an issue because it doesn't cover as great as a distance as one would traveling light speed. I already know from my testing that you can get different distances depending on if you make Samus fly upward assuming 411.6 m/s, and then falling while assuming 9.81 m/s. Like I said, though, the light speed dash is brief, so it'd make more sense for it to not last as long and therefore explain the lower SPD.

Because of the light speed dash's brevity, the SPD reads it at a lower speed. If it had an infinite duration like Sonic's usual running speed, it'd be higher.
How does lasting for a shorter time lead to the Light Speed Dash being read as slower?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
"4.8 trillion teratons" is an obvious typo; it's very close to "4.8 billion teratons", and that's similar to earth's mass. 1200 SPD is a raw measurement, so it can't be a typo, since it was never actually typed out.
It wasn't so obvious, as the idea of Samus withstand 960 g was common among places like Killer Movies, Naruto Forums, and FactPile. True, there is the difference in both, but as I said before, SPD doesn't tell us anything. I don't know how SPD is supposed to be measured. If we take 1,200 SPD to mean 1,200 km/h, then it's only reaching 0.00011118803% the speed of light.

Sure thing. Basically, after Sonic completes a time trial mission with a good ranking (which most likely involves using the boost), E-123 Omega (Robotnik's most advanced robot) analyzes Sonic's performance and finds that he is approaching light speed. Sonic then replies that light speed is no challenge.
Well, it's no challenge if Sonic is already using light speed enhancements.

Yes, and we don't actually see/control the speed because that would simply be impossible.
Of course, but there's nothing to prevent one's

How does lasting for a shorter time lead to the Light Speed Dash being read as slower?
Its duration is so miniscule that if the SPD is supposed to be tracking speed, it might be doing so on the basis of distance and time, and if the distance is only 3 meters (an example) in 10.01 nanoseconds, then Sonic would be running 299,792,458 m/s.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It wasn't so obvious, as the idea of Samus withstand 960 g was common among places like Killer Movies, Naruto Forums, and FactPile.
Just because a lot of people have this misconception doesn't mean that we can't correct the blatant typo.
True, there is the difference in both, but as I said before, SPD doesn't tell us anything. I don't know how SPD is supposed to be measured. If we take 1,200 SPD to mean 1,200 km/h, then it's only reaching 0.00011118803% the speed of light.
As I said earlier, "SPD" isn't meant to equal any real life measurement. We do, however, have our reference point in the Light Speed Dash. 396 SPD = c. Using a bit of math (which I really hope is correct, haha), we find out that 1 SPD = 757051.662 m/s.
Well, it's no challenge if Sonic is already using light speed enhancements.
Which Sonic doesn't possess in this game.
Of course, but there's nothing to prevent one's
I'm sorry?
Its duration is so miniscule that if the SPD is supposed to be tracking speed, it might be doing so on the basis of distance and time, and if the distance is only 3 meters (an example) in 10.01 nanoseconds, then Sonic would be running 299,792,458 m/s.
Okay, your point?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Just because a lot of people have this misconception doesn't mean that we can't correct the blatant typo.
And don't you think 396 SPD is also one? Of course you don't. It's promoted by someone who posted it in the Trivia at the Sonic Wikia without any corroborating evidence and has continued on other sites since.

As I said earlier, "SPD" isn't meant to equal any real life measurement. We do, however, have our reference point in the Light Speed Dash. 396 SPD = c. Using a bit of math (which I really hope is correct, haha), we find out that 1 SPD = 757051.662 m/s.
Yeah, let's consider that real quick. 1 SPD is 757,051.66 m/s if we work with that idea. That's approximately 0.8 times the escape velocity from the Milky Way. If we observe this, Sonic is just walking. Using the timer and the visuals disproves this.

Which Sonic doesn't possess in this game.
Sonic has light speed dash in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Heroes.

I'm sorry?
I forgot to continue my train of thought. I tend to move from one point to another and at times forget to go back. It gives me time to focus on what I think is simpler to address. Anyway, what I was saying was that the developers could have developed the game in a way to demonstrate greater speeds by slowing down everything else around Sonic, along with a slowed timer.

Okay, your point?
That's why 396 SPD is the way it is.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
And don't you think 396 SPD is also one? Of course you don't. It's promoted by someone who posted it in the Trivia at the Sonic Wikia without any corroborating evidence and has continued on other sites since.
If you'd like to find evidence of the Light Speed Dash having a different SPD measurement, then go right ahead.
Yeah, let's consider that real quick. 1 SPD is 757,051.66 m/s if we work with that idea. That's approximately 0.8 times the escape velocity from the Milky Way. If we observe this, Sonic is just walking. Using the timer and the visuals disproves this.
It's rounded up to 1 SPD because there's no decimal point present on the counter. .0000000000000001 SPD wouldn't quite fit on the four-digit speedometer.
Sonic has light speed dash in Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Heroes.
And not Sonic Colors, where the dialogue is found.
I forgot to continue my train of thought. I tend to move from one point to another and at times forget to go back. It gives me time to focus on what I think is simpler to address. Anyway, what I was saying was that the developers could have developed the game in a way to demonstrate greater speeds by slowing down everything else around Sonic, along with a slowed timer.
Ah, I see. That would just make things confusing. The timer is part of the HUD, so naturally it would correlate with real life time, and there would be no challenge in slowed down obstacles.
That's why 396 SPD is the way it is.

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
That depends on how far it is. In a location where two people are ten miles apart, that'd require one to react faster than 160.7 milliseconds. As one moves closer, the reaction time needs to be in the microsecond range.

I'm not sure. In Metroid: Zero Mission, Samus' ship is shot down with what looks like is supposed to be a laser. It could possibly be a particle beam. Makes more sense for smashing through the ship. The ship crashes onto Zebes where it is later presumably rebuilt into the one in Metroid Prime. In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, a lightning bolt possibly produced by dark energy hits Samus' ship where she ends up spiraling downward and smashes through some rocky area.

The ship survives, but it's damaged and in need of repair. It has auto-repair, so you can see the progress of the ship's repairs every time you return after doing something. Even the G.F.S. Tyr is damaged and it's stated that the heavy magnetic activity of the storm disabled comm systems. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the gunship is attacked by Ghor and heavily damaged. It repairs itself after Samus has completed a few missions. During auto-repair, the ship is still usable for restoring Samus' shield and weapons, but it can't fly.
@Dryn The lightning bolts come from above (GBA Fire Emblems) or from above and below (FE10 Wii/how lightning operates in real life). Does that change anything?

Is there anyone in the Smash cast that can cripple or outright destroy the Gunship?

@ Koopaul Koopaul Bowser may be stronger but Mario is faster, more skillful and better equipped.

@ Munomario777 Munomario777 Your making too many assumptions! The SPD stat is useless because we can’t calculate it with real world units, and are we supposed to trust Sonic the speed junkie with the Light Speed Dash going at light speed? I could say a toddler is approaching light speed when they go from walking to running. You have to remember that Sonic's speed means nothing against Badniks with Steel shields. I use apparent speeds from gameplay and cutscenes because they are somewhat quantifiable.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Is there anyone in the Smash cast that can cripple or outright destroy the Gunship?
I'd imagine so.
@ Koopaul Koopaul Bowser may be stronger but Mario is faster, more skillful and better equipped.
More like Bowser always leaves a convenient "Kill Bowser" switch in his castles.
@ Munomario777 Munomario777 Your making too many assumptions! The SPD stat is useless because we can’t calculate it with real world units, and are we supposed to trust Sonic the speed junkie with the Light Speed Dash going at light speed?
We can calculate it with real world units; it has a connection to real world speeds thanks to the Light Speed Dash. Sonic isn't the one who stated the Light Speed Dash's speed; Tikal (was trapped inside of the Master Emerald for a while, which has great wisdom etc) and Chip (Light Gaia, basically a sort of deity in a sense) stated this, as well as Omochao, which might as well be the game telling you something.
I could say a toddler is approaching light speed when they go from walking to running.
Could you say that light speed was "no challenge" for said toddler?
You have to remember that Sonic's speed means nothing against Badniks with Steel shields.
The boost can go through the shields.
I use apparent speeds from gameplay and cutscenes because they are somewhat quantifiable.
I use lore because it's not hampered by gameplay/hardware restrictions.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
And not Sonic Colors, where the dialogue is found.
This quote is all that matters because it's rather telling. Sonic Colors was made in 2010. Sonic Unleashed was made in 2008.

Sonic: Too Easy!
Omega: Data 130% higher than previous entry. Suspected error . . .
Tails: Nice run, Sonic!
Omega: Impossible . . . At this rate, light speed will be exceeded.
Sonic: Light speed? That's small time. There's no challenge!
Omega: Does not compute . . .

If I am to take E-123 Omega's statement to be true, then Sonic isn't traveling FTL. Proponents of the 396 SPD say that this is the speed of light, which means 1,200 SPD would be 303% greater than the speed of light. If Sonic keeps up with what he's doing then he'll exceed light speed, according to E-123 Omega. That makes no sense if he's already capable of doing that. I know, I know, what about Sonic's response? What about it? He's not the one calculating speeds, it's E-123 Omega, whom you said is the most superior of Robotnik's E series. His statement is meant to be fact. Sonic's response honestly doesn't mean anything.

@Dryn The lightning bolts come from above (GBA Fire Emblems) or from above and below (FE10 Wii/how lightning operates in real life). Does that change anything?
According to Wikipedia the cumulonimbus cloud can have an altitude of 6,500 – 60,000 meters. A typical lightning bolt travels 100,177.78 m/s. The time it would take to cover 6,500 m. would be 65 milliseconds. At 60,000 m., 599 milliseconds. Lightning from the ground is more powerful and deadlier. There's no way anyone could dodge that. There's no way anyone could dodge any kind of lightning because it's unpredictable in the first place. Second, no one has the reaction time to dodge lightning covering 6,500 m. In order to dodge it, one would need to be able to predict, sense, or otherwise have a low reaction time. (That's a kind of feat you want to be low, not high.)

Possibly Sonic.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
This quote is all that matters because it's rather telling. Sonic Colors was made in 2010. Sonic Unleashed was made in 2008.
Yes, and I'm saying that the Light Speed Dash is not in Colors, so Omega can't be referring to that. It is in the Wii version, but only when using the Green Hover ability, and since that's not in the DS version (where the Onega dialogue is found), that can't be it either.
Too Easy!
Sonic: Light speed? That's small time. There's no challenge!

If I am to take E-123 Omega's statement to be true, then Sonic isn't traveling FTL. Proponents of the 396 SPD say that this is the speed of light, which means 1,200 SPD would be 303% greater than the speed of light. If Sonic keeps up with what he's doing then he'll exceed light speed, according to E-123 Omega. That makes no sense if he's already capable of doing that.
The boost in Colors and the boost in Unleashed are actually rather different; the one in Unleashed comes from Ring energy, whereas the Colors version uses White Wisps. It's likely that the White Wisps don't give Sonic as much power as Ring energy, so he can't quite reach light speed. There was a deleted voice clip about Hyper-Go-On energy (the energy that Wisps produce) being more powerful than even Chaos Emerald energy, but it's non-canon by virtue of it being cut from the game.
I know, I know, what about Sonic's response? What about it? He's not the one calculating speeds, it's E-123 Omega, whom you said is the most superior of Robotnik's E series. His statement is meant to be fact. Sonic's response honestly doesn't mean anything.
It wouldn't mean much on its own, but when combined with the other evidence, it only further supports said evidence. Plus, I'd expect Sonic to be more knowledgeable about his own speed than anyone else.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yes, and I'm saying that the Light Speed Dash is not in Colors, so Omega can't be referring to that. It is in the Wii version, but only when using the Green Hover ability, and since that's not in the DS version (where the Onega dialogue is found), that can't be it either.
I thought he said it in Sonic Heroes, but learning this was said in Sonic Colors is a game changer.

The boost in Colors and the boost in Unleashed are actually rather different; the one in Unleashed comes from Ring energy, whereas the Colors version uses White Wisps. It's likely that the White Wisps don't give Sonic as much power as Ring energy, so he can't quite reach light speed. There was a deleted voice clip about Hyper-Go-On energy (the energy that Wisps produce) being more powerful than even Chaos Emerald energy, but it's non-canon by virtue of it being cut from the game.
Why should I care about the boost in Unleashed when it's not light speed dash? It's evident that E-123 Omega mentioned that Sonic's speed was 130% higher. Why would that matter if this ring energy you speak of was more powerful? If anything, it's possible the white wisps grant Sonic greater boosting ability with their hyper-go-on, which, according to Tails, is "a really powerful energy source". Or maybe Sonic just naturally is capable of increasing his speed as he trains and develops new abilities. That alone would make Sonic especially unique, since he'd be relying on his own power.

It wouldn't mean much on its own, but when combined with the other evidence, it only further supports said evidence. Plus, I'd expect Sonic to be more knowledgeable about his own speed than anyone else.
I wouldn't expect Sonic to be more knowledgeable about his speed, just because he can attain high speeds. In order to know, tests would need to be done, as we can see in Sonic Colors.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Why should I care about the boost in Unleashed when it's not light speed dash? It's evident that E-123 Omega mentioned that Sonic's speed was 130% higher. Why would that matter if this ring energy you speak of was more powerful? If anything, it's possible the white wisps grant Sonic greater boosting ability with their hyper-go-on, which, according to Tails, is "a really powerful energy source". Or maybe Sonic just naturally is capable of increasing his speed as he trains and develops new abilities. That alone would make Sonic especially unique, since he'd be relying on his own power.
Onega wasn't present in Unleashed, so he wouldn't witness the FTL speeds recorded in that game. The "previous entry" must, then, be from a different game. Onega was present in Sonic 2006, but those events were retconned. He was in Shadow, but I'm not sure if the two ever met there. We then go back to Omega's original appearance, in Sonic Heroes. Sonic did have the Light Speed Dash in that game, but I don't think Omega ever witnessed him using it. Teams usually only met in boss battles between teams in that game, whereas the Light Speed Dash was mainly used in action stages. There's the Light Speed Attack being part of the Team Blast, but I'm not sure if Team Blasts are used in those boss battles. So Omega apparently hasn't seen Sonic's FTL speeds before, which would explain 130% more than his previous entry still being below light speed, as well as his confusion about the notion of Sonic travelling at light speed.
I wouldn't expect Sonic to be more knowledgeable about his speed, just because he can attain high speeds. In order to know, tests would need to be done, as we can see in Sonic Colors.
And such tests are performed in Unleashed, via the checkpoints.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Explosions encompass all angles, not just one.
Right.
None of Samus' weapons work against Meta Ridley, except his mouth and the thinner plating on his chest. He can be seen entering Tallon IV, which would mean he's resistant to the atmospheric re-entry temperatures. To give an idea, meteors break down as they pass through the atmosphere. Space shuttles require something like reinforced carbon-carbon for atmospheric re-entry. Meta Ridley also survived a fall from at least 13 storeys from what I calculated. There was that added explosion.
Wait, did Samus attack Meta Ridley's mouth/chest in the video you posted.
Do you have a video of this?
Yep.

One that stands out to me is hyper tornado, but I haven't seen what that looks like.
Like this.

Can I see these?
You can see it in the first video I posted.

Or it's an oulier.
There's a lot of launching in the Kirby series.
Wouldn't the center of the explosion be the area with the most force? Either way, if this explosion has the destructive power you say it does, then there should be at least some sort of damage.
Right, though we don't see all of Popstar, so there could still be some damage somewhere. Even then, Kirby can generally survive attacks from planetary threats, so that's another durability feat.
He can withstand multiple Super Missiles.
Interesting.
Do you have footage of this?
See above.
Tornado Kirby has been shown launching cyclones in the games, and they're very different from those used in the anime.
They can still be different techniques.
Maybe about a yard.
He uses the same attacks. If I swing a baseball bat at a ball, I can't just "choose" to launch it one time and not to another time if I'm using the same swing.
You can weaken the same swing to stop the ball from launching.
Prove it.
He says so.
Attacks that hit Rainbow Mario are negated, or blocked.
Negate ≠ block.
Needing something =/= that thing actually happening.
They said it could happen.
"Planetary in function" is meaningless.
Why?
Resisting causes effects to not take place. A suit of armor could be cut in half by, say, a sword, but it's durability allows it to resist that effect so that it doesn't occur.
Because the effect actually hits the suit of armor.
Trick Room is described as, "The user creat[ing] a bizarre area in which slower Pokémon get to move first for five turns." Getting to move first seems to indicate that it's some sort of agreement. It doesn't say that Pokemon become faster or slower. Even if it did have an effect here, Sonic could just leave that area.
How is it an agreement? I doubt a Pokemon would agree to let their opponent attack before them. If Sonic leaves the area where Mewtwo is, he can't really attack.
Teleportation via Chaos Control would allow Sonic to escape the TK.
Mewtwo uses Disable to stop Sonic from teleporting, and then does it again.

I also imagine that Skill Swap would allow Mewtwo to take Super Sonic's invincibility.
With that amount of distance?
No.
That's not how physics work.
See above.
And we've seen Boba and Jango Fett use equipment similarly. Their jetpacks both allow them to fly.
Wait, so their equipment is the same in function?
Do you have video of this?
Yes.
No body parts are in my stomach, but that doesn't mean that I lack internal organs.
If the stomach is that big, it means there isn't room for anything else.
Force equals mass times acceleration. The acceleration here is enormous, so it's sure to cause quite some damage. He could destroy buildings or cities given enough time (which isn't much given his speed).
Which means he'd have to hit Kirby several times to actually do anything.
That seems more like the darkness of space than the darkness of the explosion.
It's not.
Can't he only Star Spit in one direction at once?
Yes.
It depends on the speed. Either way, while Kirby is busy dealing with the fireballs (with no Copy Ability, mind you), Bowser gets up close and squashes Kirby.
Kirby can be flattened without dying. Trying to squash him won't work.
Um, what exactly does this have to do with flamethrowers?
They're a closer comparison than burning logs.
Or evidence from the games. Statements aren't the only kind of evidence.
You haven't given any valid evidence, however.
Could you link the video again please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAKjKhCYAM
At 1:25.
What about the enemy?
Yeah. That's what we were talking about.
So if Kirby uses Stone, Mario wins due to the Gold Flower.
A) Kirby can walk away while in Stone form, or the Animal Statues ability will let him jump over it.
B) There's a much greater chance Kirby will simply fly over the ball instead of switching to Stone, so he can keep his current Copy Ability.
It's instantaneous. It takes a second in-game, but time is frozen during that second.
How does that mean Kirby can't hit him?
The power-ups in Super Mario 64 are different than the ones usually found in the series. Usually, Mario just touches it and he transforms. However, in Mario 64, they're literally just hats. The animation shows him putting it on, rather than instantly transforming, and for the Wing Cap, only his hat is changed. Gold Mario is capable of putting on a hat, so the effects should still work.
Actually, the hat gives a transformation.

Any counter for Kirby throwing Mario into a wall/the ground? Crashing into Mario to put him to sleep? Grabbing him and using a multi-hit attack?
Don't Mega Evolved Pokemon have an additional Ability?
The ability changes. Also, the same applies for Reveal Glass transformations.
Similarly, some Mario power-ups can have downsides. Mini Mario, for instance, is lighter and more agile, but can be killed in one hit and has a weaker stomp.
Then the power-ups are comparable to both Reveal Glass and Mega Stones.
And a rapidly spinning one?
No. The rapidly spinning one can destroy more, so it has more force.

Anyways, you're creating a bunch of conditions that are unapplicable to Mewtwo's laser vs a crushing wall.
The lack of distortion is a difference from IRL black holes.
Whatever.
You're kidding, right? If I morph into a jar containing pickles (assuming that there were no pickles present before the transformation), then I transform into both the jar and the pickles.
Restating your opinion gets you nowhere.
So PP = energy.
Actually, I've disproved that using logic.
In that case, are "bonus" (unlockable) stages non-canon?
How is this relevant to anything? I didn't ssay bonus cutscenes were non-canon, I said they didn't progress the story of the game.
Those aren't fast enough and changing directions at the same time. It's one or the other, and you'd need both here.
While spinning the baton quickly, he changes directions at 0:32.
Which would accomplish what, exactly?
Prevent Sonic from getting close without getting sucked in.
Chaos Control is quicker.
Prove it.
The boost starts practically instantaneously, and will reach Kirby practically instantaneously. I doubt that Kirby would think to inhale the empty space in front of him at the very start of the match.
This isn't the start of the match.

Also, LSA isn't light speed. Light Speed Attack is just a name. If we're going to do that, the Warp Star moves at warp speed.
The battery isn't mentioned in Pikmin 1.
Point.
That's a character; it has a personality, and again, is responsible for the incorrect sales pitches.
It used a scanner, which doesn't have a personality.
I meant the stress.
Same thing applies.
Here's a diagram of what I mean:

----------P
----------P
----------P
-------OOO
PPPOOOPPP
-------OOO
----------P
----------P
----------P

P is Pikmin, O is Olimar, and hyphens are empty space. Of course, there would be more Pikmin, but the same concept applies. There's a lot of empty space here.
I seriously doubt it would take 25 Pikmin to stop one bullet.
Rockets from, say, an anti-air cannon would also work.
Since when do they have rockets?
With the same information that is likely to be false.
No.
He might have been planning to. It would be a pretty neat marketing gimmick.
Olimar isn't deceptive.
Isn't he still dealing with monsters etc when he acquires the knife?
Yes, and then he destroys those.
Olimar denying the king of bugs theory isn't necessarily sane, not does it help his case in being able to pick up on crazy thoughts. A false positive is a sign of inaccuracy.
Denying that Louie becoming a king when he was always just a second wheel isn't insane.
Where does he spend them?
Collecting treasures, I believe.
And? Things that injure you often cause pain, but that doesn't mean that all things that cause pain are injuries.
That would prove that pain = damage.
He threw the Pikmin before because he was on the planet at that time, leading to this symptom.
Leading to what symptom?
It's extremely dangerous.
What is?
If they don't always occur, lack of them doesn't mean that Olimar isn't going through this.
Other symptoms don't occur either.
The Star Bits are bigger than the holes.
If they were energy/liquid, they'd still go through.
Neither are Star Bits.
When is this proven/stated/demonstrated?
It is just a power she doesn't have.
I don't see how your argument says anything about it working "diagonally" (which isn't actually a solid concept in space, since there isn't a universal "down").
I was saying it doesn't work diagonally.
He has the ability to escape Schwarz. Show me where Kirby escaped a black hole from the Mario series.
The blacks holes have the same amount of power.
The swirl effect represents distortion, and the rest is the actual singularity, so no distortion would occur there IRL.
There is no distortion in front of the black hole.
Schwarz =/= Mario black hole, so Kirby hasn't been shown to escape Mario black holes, so we can't assume that he could.
He has been seen escaping black holes, and a Mario black hole is a black hole.
Not if there are lots of them.
But there aren't.
They do have control over their movement, though.
Not when rocketing off.
Multiple Lumas can be fed at once.
The Star Bits would deflect each other.
He doesn't. He's separating them. That's what tearing something apart is.
Can I see a video?
Something similar would happen to the sword, I'd imagine.
Through what methods?
The tornado appears almost right when the move is initiated.
I didn't see that happen.
Because he doesn't have both abilities at once. The Blue Tornado is from Heroes, and the boost is from Unleashed onwards. If he had both at once (which he does here), he could use them both for a faster tornado.
But he uses Spin Dash for the tornado.
Willpower says otherwise.
Feralness.
Sonic is a combination of his body, personality, etc.
But he isn't his body.
His voice is lowered, meaning that there's something going on throughout his voice.
So a lowered voice made him howl randomly when he wasn't trying to communicate?
He prevents drowning by breathing in air or bubbles thereof.
Wait, what?
He doesn't have the ability.
Samus's gunship is faster than the Warp Star, and could get ahead of Kirby to drop the Power Bomb and destroy him.
Kirby is Jet Kirby. Also, Samus has to board the Gunship, so Kirby could attack her/the ship in the meantime.
If it can drop specific ammo on a specific target, it should be able to handle a moving target.
That is with Samus' input.
It hits the guard, and so it gets reflected back.
But not its force.
According to the website, it would melt the guard, but Kirby could create a new one.
Mega Mario can get around pretty quickly.
Not really.
We don't see an observation. If there was a tear in time and space that was significant enough to be useful here, I'd imagine we'd see some effects.
Olimar sees the observation.
Olimar expresses love before the battery is introduced.
Point?
Ah, so it's someone else using the crown? I doubt that any normal being would be able to handle/control infinite power.
Interesting thought.
What is the most powerful attack that Counter has been shown to fully return, and what is the most powerful attack that Miracle has let the user survive?
Why are either of these questions relevant?

@ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons There is one flaw with Trick Room, it has the lowest priority in the game. I can still see it succeeding thanks to Sonic’s ego though. How would this work against Ike, Robin and Lucina’s vantage http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Vantage?
Trick Room can't negate priority, so Vantage is superior.
Telekinesis seems like it would be overpowered and Mewtwo learns it too.
Yep.[/quote]

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
That's not nearly as far as the anime.
Again, weaker than the anime.
Yes, a lot of weak, short launching.
Right, though we don't see all of Popstar, so there could still be some damage somewhere. Even then, Kirby can generally survive attacks from planetary threats, so that's another durability feat.
We see all of the planet that's actually hit by the explosion. "Planetary threats" don't mean anything. How much force are said threats attacking Kirby with?
Interesting.
So Kirby gets electrocuted and paralyzed, and Samus follows up with a Power Bomb.
They can still be different techniques.
When is this stated?
Maybe about a yard.
I didn't see that in the videos.
You can weaken the same swing to stop the ball from launching.
And Kirby doesn't show any signs of "weakening" his attacks. The velocity-based ones are a good example. The striking force of these comes from Kirby's speed and mass. He's not moving more slowly, and I doubt that he's reducing his mass. So the force is the same, yet only Marx launches that far.
He says so.
That isn't proof.
Negate ≠ block.
Negate means to nullify something, or make it ineffective. That's also what blocking means in this context.
They said it could happen.
Is this proven?
I could be smacked with a laser emitter that could destroy the earth and survive, but that doesn't mean that I could survive something that can destroy a planet.
Because the effect actually hits the suit of armor.
And it doesn't "happen to" the suit of armor, as you put it.
How is it an agreement? I doubt a Pokemon would agree to let their opponent attack before them. If Sonic leaves the area where Mewtwo is, he can't really attack.
Pokemon do wait their turn, though; the whole battle system is turn-based. Sonic could exit the area, freeze time, use Chaos Control to bring Mewtwo out of the room (Chaos Control can do this), and then fight outside of the AOE.
Mewtwo uses Disable to stop Sonic from teleporting, and then does it again.
Disable can be blocked. Even still, Sonic could simply freeze time instead.
I also imagine that Skill Swap would allow Mewtwo to take Super Sonic's invincibility.
It can be blocked.
So Marx is the outlier.
Wait, so their equipment is the same in function?
Some of it is, but that doesn't mean that all of it is.
I don't see Kirby flying to negate any major horizontal movement. He stops when he lands on the platform, but that's due to the friction.
If the stomach is that big, it means there isn't room for anything else.
If his stomach is that big, it shouldn't fit in there to begin with. It seems to be more of a portal. What's odd about this is the fact that Kirby can actually enter that area himself.
Which means he'd have to hit Kirby several times to actually do anything.
I don't see how Sonic not being able to be in the area of a whole city at once means that he'd have to hit Kirby multiple times. A city is big, so Sonic has to traverse all of it. Kirby is small, so Sonic can take care of him all at once.
It's not.
The space behind the explosion is dark, so the explosion appears dark when it really isn't. Notice that this is only around the edges, where the darkness and lightness in the image are next to each other.
And the fireballs are surrounding him.
Kirby can be flattened without dying. Trying to squash him won't work.
Can he survive being crushed by things as massive as Giga Bowser?
They're a closer comparison than burning logs.
Burning logs are fire. Star Spits are stars.
You haven't given any valid evidence, however.
I have. Kirby cannot move after falling off of his Warp Star. The evidence is in the games.
Do we see him charging prior to this?
Yeah. That's what we were talking about.
So, what about someone using a telescope to observe the enemy proves that said enemy is in outer space?
A) Kirby can walk away while in Stone form, or the Animal Statues ability will let him jump over it.
Mario is faster than that.
B) There's a much greater chance Kirby will simply fly over the ball instead of switching to Stone, so he can keep his current Copy Ability.
The Gold Flower still takes effect.
How does that mean Kirby can't hit him?
You said that Mario switching power-ups gives Kirby an opening to use Stone. I pointed out that since it's instantaneous, Kirby would have no such window before Mario used a Mega Mushroom, Starman, etc.
Actually, the hat gives a transformation.
It's literally Mario with a different hat on. The in-game animation actually shows him putting it on (given you don't skip it by using the item in midair).
Any counter for Kirby throwing Mario into a wall/the ground?
He has a drill item.
Crashing into Mario to put him to sleep?
He can wake up instantly, as seen in his idle animations in games like Mario 64.
Grabbing him and using a multi-hit attack?
Starman, etc, or just escaping Kirby's tiny and rather weak grab.
The ability changes. Also, the same applies for Reveal Glass transformations.
So do Mario's. Reveal Glass has less similarities here.
Then the power-ups are comparable to both Reveal Glass and Mega Stones.
And there are more Mega Stones than Reveal Glasses. Reveal Glass is the rare case, so we use the more common case, that being Mega Stones.
No. The rapidly spinning one can destroy more, so it has more force.
Right, but it cannot destroy cardboard.
Anyways, you're creating a bunch of conditions that are unapplicable to Mewtwo's laser vs a crushing wall.
How so? Either way, we agreed that at most, it's a deity attack.
Restating your opinion gets you nowhere.
I don't see how this is an opinion. So in your opinion, if I turned into a jar containing pickles (and said pickles were absent beforehand), I didn't also morph into the pickles?
Actually, I've disproved that using logic.
Which Pokemon often throws out the window.
How is this relevant to anything? I didn't ssay bonus cutscenes were non-canon, I said they didn't progress the story of the game.
If they're not non-canon, then why was this matter even brought up?
While spinning the baton quickly, he changes directions at 0:32.
He changes which hand he's swinging with, but the baton itself is still spinning counterclockwise.
Prevent Sonic from getting close without getting sucked in.
Sonic could come from below the Warp Star. Inhale simply cannot cover all angles at once.
Prove it.
See the Shadow the Hedgehog opening clip I provided earlier, showing Chaos Control's speed.
This isn't the start of the match.
Sonic would likely boost at the start of the match.
Also, LSA isn't light speed. Light Speed Attack is just a name. If we're going to do that, the Warp Star moves at warp speed.
It's stated to move at light speed.
You said that since the battery is mentioned, the love must come from the battery. The battery isn't present or mentioned in Pikmin 1, yet Olimar expresses love. The love is not coming from the battery.
It used a scanner, which doesn't have a personality.
The ship as a whole has a personality. I could see something with my eyes, which lack a personality, but I still have a personality.
Same thing applies.
How does one lose stress from undergoing recovery meant for getting rid of a concussion?
I seriously doubt it would take 25 Pikmin to stop one bullet.
I seriously doubt that plants could stop a bullet at all, at least on that small of a scale.
Since when do they have rockets?
Since they became a decent military force.
I'm sorry?
Olimar isn't deceptive.
He's the one approving the deceptive sales pitches.
Yes, and then he destroys those.
Does he always destroy all of the monsters in the area before acquiring the knife?
Denying that Louie becoming a king when he was always just a second wheel isn't insane.
Louie calls himself the "king of bugs". The ship backs this theory up. Olimar is the only disbeliever here, and he's wrong.
Collecting treasures, I believe.
No, he spends them aboard the ship.
That would prove that pain = damage.
All apples are fruits, but not all fruits are apples. My leg could have growing pains, but I'm not actually damaged.
Leading to what symptom?
Irresponsibility.
Throwing tiny plant people at gigantic beasts. Dangerous for the Pikmin, anyway.
Other symptoms don't occur either.
There's irresponsibility, faulty conclusion-making (or whatever you wanna call the king of bugs deal), etc.
If they were energy/liquid, they'd still go through.
They're held together. Everything technically has a tiny gap in between the molecules, but water droplets are bigger than those gaps, so they don't get through. This is just that principle on a larger scale.
Neither are Star Bits.
I'm pretty sure bits of stars aren't energy for talking stars that will one day become full stars.
It is just a power she doesn't have.
I said:
When is this proven/stated/demonstrated?
I was saying it doesn't work diagonally.
There is no solid "diagonal" in space.
The blacks holes have the same amount of power.
No, they don't. Mario black holes have a larger AOE, and a more powerful pulling force.
There is no distortion in front of the black hole.
Because that area is the actual black part.
He has been seen escaping black holes, and a Mario black hole is a black hole.
Schwarz =/= Mario black hole, and both =/= IRL black holes.
But there aren't.
There are a lot of galaxies containing them.
Not when rocketing off.
They can control where they go; they go away from the Observatory.
The Star Bits would deflect each other.
They don't in-game.
Can I see a video?
It's too fast to actually see it happen, of course. Destroying something requires interacting with it in some way.
Through what methods?
If you're saying that the car can explode while time is frozen, then why can Sonic not move the sword while time is frozen?
I didn't see that happen.
Look again, then.
But he uses Spin Dash for the tornado.
The Blue Tornado is created using speed, so the Boost would work fine. Still, Sonic could Boost and curl up into a ball at the same time if he needed to.
Feralness.
His body is feral. His personality is intact.
But he isn't his body.
And?
So a lowered voice made him howl randomly when he wasn't trying to communicate?
Not exactly. I think it may have to do with natural wolf instinct. See, wolves howl for multiple reasons. Firstly, they might howl to defend their territory, or rally packs together. Sonic howls at the beginning of a night mission, which would make sense since he's defending "territory", in this case the earth, from Dark Gaia's monsters. Wolves also howl at sunset and sunrise, and this could also make sense since Sonic is howling at the start of the night mission. I'm not sure if he howls right when he transforms, but if so, this would explain it.
Wait, what?
Sonic's drowning is due to lack of oxygen, since he prevents drowning by breathing in air bubbles for their oxygen.
He doesn't have the ability.
He does have the ability to use Chaos Control.
Kirby is Jet Kirby.
Same thing applies.
Also, Samus has to board the Gunship, so Kirby could attack her/the ship in the meantime.
If Kirby is busy attacking, Samus uses a Power Bomb.
That is with Samus' input.
She presses a button, and the ship does the rest of the work. After pressing the button, Samus would be able to do whatever she wants.
But not its force.
Its force hits the guard, and gets reflected back.
According to the website, it would melt the guard, but Kirby could create a new one.
If it melts the guard, then the Power Bomb/other attack hits Kirby and he dies.
Not really.
It's quick enough to handle quite a few fighters.
Olimar sees the observation.
And we don't, so there is no proof. There's also no proof that Olimar observes this, or that it even happened to begin with.
The battery is not the source of Olimar's love.
Interesting thought.
So we can't assume that Kirby is enduring "infinite force", especially when he dies from finite force much more often.
Why are either of these questions relevant?
We shouldn't assume that something like this can handle anything unless there's some sort of explanation for it doing so (i.e. storing the attack force in a magical, endless bottle and delivering it back, or gaining back a sliver of health after being "killed" by a fatal attack).

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Onega wasn't present in Unleashed, so he wouldn't witness the FTL speeds recorded in that game. The "previous entry" must, then, be from a different game. Onega was present in Sonic 2006, but those events were retconned. He was in Shadow, but I'm not sure if the two ever met there. We then go back to Omega's original appearance, in Sonic Heroes. Sonic did have the Light Speed Dash in that game, but I don't think Omega ever witnessed him using it. Teams usually only met in boss battles between teams in that game, whereas the Light Speed Dash was mainly used in action stages. There's the Light Speed Attack being part of the Team Blast, but I'm not sure if Team Blasts are used in those boss battles. So Omega apparently hasn't seen Sonic's FTL speeds before, which would explain 130% more than his previous entry still being below light speed, as well as his confusion about the notion of Sonic travelling at light speed.
There's a difference between using items to enhance one's speed and being able to reach speeds on one's own. This looks like the case in Sonic Colors where light speed dash wasn't present. This makes me think that E-123 Omega's analysis of Sonic was based on his own speed, not on speed enhancements. Sonic doesn't travel FTL and relies on speed enhancements to reach light speed.

And such tests are performed in Unleashed, via the checkpoints.
Prove it.

Wait, did Samus attack Meta Ridley's mouth/chest in the video you posted.
Yes. I will also let you know that there is a material known as cordite in that game, which requires multiple military-grade missiles to destroy, and yet, all it takes is a single super missile to destroy it. Meta Ridley takes quite a number of super missiles to defeat him, and even then, after he's knocked right off the Artifact Temple, which I've calculated to be 13 storeys (42.9 meters; 140.75 feet), he still survives as evinced in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

That was underwhelming.

I wish I had my Kirby game here. I've already seen this attack a number of times, but if that's hyper tornado, that's not impressive.

Then you can show me ones equivalent to that of Marx.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
There's a difference between using items to enhance one's speed and being able to reach speeds on one's own. This looks like the case in Sonic Colors where light speed dash wasn't present. This makes me think that E-123 Omega's analysis of Sonic was based on his own speed, not on speed enhancements. Sonic doesn't travel FTL and relies on speed enhancements to reach light speed.
The Rings would count as an enhancement, I suppose. It makes sense that Sonic's natural speed would increase over time. Sonic's normal running probably doesn't exceed light speed, explaining Omega's comment, but Sonic's "no challenge" remark is likely referring to Unleashed's version of the boost.
Prove it.
Sonic goes through the checkpoints, and they display his speed.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The Rings would count as an enhancement, I suppose. It makes sense that Sonic's natural speed would increase over time. Sonic's normal running probably doesn't exceed light speed, explaining Omega's comment, but Sonic's "no challenge" remark is likely referring to Unleashed's version of the boost.
I'm not sure about that. Can't Sonic run at top speed without the rings? They only time they act as enhancements is when Sonic is going into his super or hyper form. Sonic's response doesn't make sense in light of that because he's never gone faster than light. It makes more sense for Sonic to have used speed enhancements in the past, for Omega to tell Sonic that his natural speed will be able to exceed light speed, and for Sonic to give a conceited response. Until we have corroborated evidence, Sonic's top speed is hypersonic and with the light speed abilities, light speed.

Sonic goes through the checkpoints, and they display his speed.
Prove that he's aware of that.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'm not sure about that. Can't Sonic run at top speed without the rings? They only time they act as enhancements is when Sonic is going into his super or hyper form.
The boost is fueled by Rings, and increases Sonic's speed.
Sonic's response doesn't make sense in light of that because he's never gone faster than light.
He does in Unleashed.
It makes more sense for Sonic to have used speed enhancements in the past, for Omega to tell Sonic that his natural speed will be able to exceed light speed, and for Sonic to give a conceited response. Until we have corroborated evidence, Sonic's top speed is hypersonic and with the light speed abilities, light speed.
We do have corroborated evidence. The checkpoints show Sonic's speed, and this is backed up by Sonic's statement.
Prove that he's aware of that.
He confidently states that he's capable of such speeds in the dialogue, which he wouldn't do if he hadn't tested his speed. I'd imagine that someone like Sonic, who's constantly pushing his limits, would go back to these checkpoints and find out his top speed. In fact, he might be the one that placed them there as a sort of speed trial. Or they just happened to be there.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The boost is fueled by Rings, and increases Sonic's speed.
I was pretty sure Sonic could run at his top speed without the rings.

He does in Unleashed.
This hasn't been proved. It's someone's assumption made popular among fans who really wish Sonic could run faster than the Flash. This is what we'd call circular reasoning.

We do have corroborated evidence. The checkpoints show Sonic's speed, and this is backed up by Sonic's statement.
That's not evidence. One is a game mechanic that has the SPD attached to it (which never shows up again in other games to support the 396 SPD), rather than simply being a check point like in previous games where Sonic returns, should he die. We cannot even use the check points since that's the very thing in question. You need to provide evidence outside of that, otherwise it's circular reasoning. Sonic's statement is just his personal opinion without any facts to support it.

He confidently states that he's capable of such speeds in the dialogue, which he wouldn't do if he hadn't tested his speed. I'd imagine that someone like Sonic, who's constantly pushing his limits, would go back to these checkpoints and find out his top speed. In fact, he might be the one that placed them there as a sort of speed trial. Or they just happened to be there.
Being confident also says nothing.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I was pretty sure Sonic could run at his top speed without the rings.
Actually, no, he can't. The boost allows Sonic to run faster than he does normally, and this is fueled by Rings; it even says "Ring Energy" on the meter.
This hasn't been proved. It's someone's assumption made popular among fans who really wish Sonic could run faster than the Flash. This is what we'd call circular reasoning.
I don't see how a speedometer isn't proof of speed.
That's not evidence. One is a game mechanic that has the SPD attached to it (which never shows up again in other games to support the 396 SPD), rather than simply being a check point like in previous games where Sonic returns, should he die. We cannot even use the check points since that's the very thing in question. You need to provide evidence outside of that, otherwise it's circular reasoning. Sonic's statement is just his personal opinion without any facts to support it.
Aside from the Star Posts being physically present, not only respawn points, etc, I have found some evidence that they are, indeed, canon. Let's go back to Sonic 2, on the Genesis. That game was the first to include Super Sonic, and to unlock him, you had to get the Chaos Emeralds from the Special Stages, which also nets you the good ending. In this game, the Special Stages are accessed by collecting fifty Rings and jumping into the circle of stars above a Star Post. So, the good ending relies on Star Posts. But how do we know that this is canon? Good endings aren't necessarily canon after all. Well, fast forward to Sonic 3. Here, in the opening cutscene, Sonic jumps off of the Tornado and turns into Super Sonic. Not only that, but a few seconds later, we actually see the Chaos Emeralds themselves! These couldn't be from Sonic 1, because A) that game only had six and B) they scattered at the end. Sonic CD had Time Stones rather than Chaos Emeralds, so that means that Sonic must have collected them in Sonic 2. Via the Star Posts. Which are, indeed, canon.
Being confident also says nothing.
If he wasn't sure about his own speed, he wouldn't go about saying that he could exceed light speed.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Actually, no, he can't. The boost allows Sonic to run faster than he does normally, and this is fueled by Rings; it even says "Ring Energy" on the meter.
I was focused solely on his normal speed, not so much his boost. If his boosts require ring energy, then I can see the 99,999 rings being depleted pretty quick.

I don't see how a speedometer isn't proof of speed.
The time and distance are contrary to Sonic's actual speed. Again, the developers could have slowed down the surroundings and time to give the illusion that Sonic is actually traveling faster than light and thereby illustrating faster-than-light speed for the player.

Aside from the Star Posts being physically present, not only respawn points, etc, I have found some evidence that they are, indeed, canon. Let's go back to Sonic 2, on the Genesis. That game was the first to include Super Sonic, and to unlock him, you had to get the Chaos Emeralds from the Special Stages, which also nets you the good ending. In this game, the Special Stages are accessed by collecting fifty Rings and jumping into the circle of stars above a Star Post. So, the good ending relies on Star Posts. But how do we know that this is canon? Good endings aren't necessarily canon after all. Well, fast forward to Sonic 3. Here, in the opening cutscene, Sonic jumps off of the Tornado and turns into Super Sonic. Not only that, but a few seconds later, we actually see the Chaos Emeralds themselves! These couldn't be from Sonic 1, because A) that game only had six and B) they scattered at the end. Sonic CD had Time Stones rather than Chaos Emeralds, so that means that Sonic must have collected them in Sonic 2. Via the Star Posts. Which are, indeed, canon.
I wasn't denying the fact that these posts exist, only that the things attached to them are a game mechanic, hence the example of returning to that point if Sonic dies, just like if Mario dies or Donkey Kong dies.

If he wasn't sure about his own speed, he wouldn't go about saying that he could exceed light speed.
You said he came off confident. From the wording, "That's small time. There's no challenge!", that's hubris. Hubris is excessive pride or self-confidence. Synonyms include conceit and arrogance.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I was focused solely on his normal speed, not so much his boost. If his boosts require ring energy, then I can see the 99,999 rings being depleted pretty quick.
That's not quite how it works. When Sonic collects Rings, it fills the boost meter, and that meter depletes when he boosts. His Ring count doesn't go down, and when Sonic is hit and drops Rings, those don't fill the meter. It seems that Sonic is absorbing the energy from the Rings and putting it into his boost meter, while still keeping the Rings. Worth noting is that Super Sonic's boost meter doesn't deplete at all, so he can boost all he wants.
The time and distance are contrary to Sonic's actual speed. Again, the developers could have slowed down the surroundings and time to give the illusion that Sonic is actually traveling faster than light and thereby illustrating faster-than-light speed for the player.
Aren't time and distance the indicators of speed? Again, if everything was slowed down, there would be no challenge in avoiding the obstacles.
I wasn't denying the fact that these posts exist, only that the things attached to them are a game mechanic, hence the example of returning to that point if Sonic dies, just like if Mario dies or Donkey Kong dies.
I agree that the actual respawning mechanic should be excluded, but I think we should keep the other mechanics of these objects, especially since those of the Star Post are tied into canon.
You said he came off confident. From the wording, "That's small time. There's no challenge!", that's hubris. Hubris is excessive pride or self-confidence. Synonyms include conceit and arrogance.
Or he's just remembering the times when he did go beyond light speed. It's not excessive self-confidence if he's done it before.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That's not quite how it works. When Sonic collects Rings, it fills the boost meter, and that meter depletes when he boosts. His Ring count doesn't go down, and when Sonic is hit and drops Rings, those don't fill the meter. It seems that Sonic is absorbing the energy from the Rings and putting it into his boost meter, while still keeping the Rings. Worth noting is that Super Sonic's boost meter doesn't deplete at all, so he can boost all he wants.
But as Super Sonic, he has a time limit, correct?

Aren't time and distance the indicators of speed? Again, if everything was slowed down, there would be no challenge in avoiding the obstacles.
Yes.

If the light speed could be activated, then at any time it's activated could have slowed things down. Want to make the game enjoyable and not too easy? Put a limitation on the duration. Mega Man and Mega Man X have limits on their time freeze. Samus has a limit with activating hyper-mode in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I'd imagine being Super Sonic makes things too easy.

I agree that the actual respawning mechanic should be excluded, but I think we should keep the other mechanics of these objects, especially since those of the Star Post are tied into canon.
Then that would include time.

Or he's just remembering the times when he did go beyond light speed. It's not excessive self-confidence if he's done it before.
This is an indefensible claim that relies on the premise in question. I could easily say Sonic said this simply because he has used light speed enhancements before. The conclusion doesn't follow. This is known as a non sequitur.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
But as Super Sonic, he has a time limit, correct?
A time limit for remaining Super, yes. In this case, it's 9,999 seconds, or over two and a half hours.
So why would they differ?
If the light speed could be activated, then at any time it's activated could have slowed things down. Want to make the game enjoyable and not too easy? Put a limitation on the duration. Mega Man and Mega Man X have limits on their time freeze. Samus has a limit with activating hyper-mode in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. I'd imagine being Super Sonic makes things too easy.
Ah, I see. I guess they just didn't think about that. It would be a cool effect though. Something somewhat similar occurs in Sonic and the Secret Rings, via the "Time Break" ability; it slows down time, including Sonic, so you can react more quickly. As for Super Sonic, he has to be earned, and the Special Stages are often really challenging. When he's not earned via Special Stages, he's usually either not present at all or reserved for the final boss.
Then that would include time.
Hm?
This is an indefensible claim that relies on the premise in question. I could easily say Sonic said this simply because he has used light speed enhancements before. The conclusion doesn't follow. This is known as a non sequitur.
The thing is, though, he sees light speed as slow by comparison, as shown by the first sentence. If Sonic had only gone at light speed (via the Light Speed Dash), then he wouldn't see light speed as slow. However, given that he has gone at FTL speeds before, it makes sense that light speed would seem slow when he's accompanied to these extreme speeds.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
So why would they differ?
SPD doesn't coincide with time and distance, that's why.

If the check points keep track of speed, it requires keeping track of time.

The thing is, though, he sees light speed as slow by comparison, as shown by the first sentence. If Sonic had only gone at light speed (via the Light Speed Dash), then he wouldn't see light speed as slow. However, given that he has gone at FTL speeds before, it makes sense that light speed would seem slow when he's accompanied to these extreme speeds.
Indeed he does, and rightly so. Anyone would know that FTL is what it means. If Sonic had run FTL, then he would have said he already can. He didn't. Omega says he'll eventually be able to at the rate he's going. He cannot run FTL. He never ran FTL. He can only gain light speed with speed enhancements. That's all.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
SPD doesn't coincide with time and distance, that's why.
Because gameplay (where said time and distance come from) doesn't correctly represent FTL travel.
If the check points keep track of speed, it requires keeping track of time.
Yes, and?
Indeed he does, and rightly so. Anyone would know that FTL is what it means. If Sonic had run FTL, then he would have said he already can. He didn't. Omega says he'll eventually be able to at the rate he's going. He cannot run FTL. He never ran FTL. He can only gain light speed with speed enhancements. That's all.
If Sonic has never run at FTL speeds, then why would he say that there's no challenge in "exceeding light speed"? Omega hasn't observed Sonic running at speeds exceeding the speed of light; he wasn't in Unleashed. Not only that, but as I said earlier, I don't believe he's ever witnessed the Light Speed Dash/Attack either. Omega's "previous entry" isn't accurate to Sonic's top speed at the time, so him saying that Sonic will exceed light speed is old news by this point. He did that back in 1998.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Because gameplay (where said time and distance come from) doesn't correctly represent FTL travel.
I've already addressed this.

Yes, and?
SPD is not an indicator of anything.

If Sonic has never run at FTL speeds, then why would he say that there's no challenge in "exceeding light speed"?
Hubris.

Omega hasn't observed Sonic running at speeds exceeding the speed of light; he wasn't in Unleashed.
That's a good time to let Omega know. It was a good time to let devs be clear on Sonic's speed.

Not only that, but as I said earlier, I don't believe he's ever witnessed the Light Speed Dash/Attack either. Omega's "previous entry" isn't accurate to Sonic's top speed at the time, so him saying that Sonic will exceed light speed is old news by this point. He did that back in 1998.
So now you put doubt in Omega's statements when it goes against your opinion. Maybe we'll see Sonic exceed the speed of light in the future. Your argument isn't convincing. I also have a kitten sleeping in my lap, therefore, I win. Don't take that last bit seriously. There is a kitten sleeping in my lap, though.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I've already addressed this.
If we're dismissing this because gameplay doesn't portray the speeds correctly, then we may as well disregard all other lore-based speed feats, such as, say, the Speed Booster.
SPD is not an indicator of anything.
It's an indicator of speed.
Or he's referencing his past FTL feats. If there was no other evidence besides the statement from Sonic, then I agree that it wouldn't mean much. However, when it lines up with the SPD measurements, I think that it does mean something.
That's a good time to let Omega know.
Not really; he wasn't present.
It was a good time to let devs be clear on Sonic's speed.
I'm sure they had more important things to do in that game than slowing things 90% of the time (that game is, at points, literally "boost to win"). In fact, the heavy emphasis on boosting might be why they didn't slow things down. There are many "quick-step" sections where Sonic is running forwards and he has to move sideways to dodge things. If the obstacles were slowed down, the challenge would be greatly reduced.
So now you put doubt in Omega's statements when it goes against your opinion.
I'm not doubting his statements. He's saying that, since his last measurement, Sonic has gotten about 130% faster, and that at this rate, light speed would be exceeded. Seems logical to me; Onega last saw Sonic in Sonic Heroes, and in Colors, he now has the boost. However, I'm just saying, since his last record of Sonic's speed is out of date, that the statement doesn't really mean much in terms of Sonic's top speed. I'm not doubting the statement; I'm doubting its relevancy.
Maybe we'll see Sonic exceed the speed of light in the future.
I could see them revisiting the concept; perhaps integrating it more into the game, or expanding on it.
Your argument isn't convincing. I also have a kitten sleeping in my lap, therefore, I win. Don't take that last bit seriously. There is a kitten sleeping in my lap, though.
Haha. That made me chuckle. :p

Crystanium

Smash Hero
If we're dismissing this because gameplay doesn't portray the speeds correctly, then we may as well disregard all other lore-based speed feats, such as, say, the Speed Booster.
But 396 SPD being light speed is not lore. It's an assumption. Your reliance on ad hoc hypotheses has made it not worth defending.

It's an indicator of speed.
Not an accurate one based on distance and time.

Or he's referencing his past FTL feats. If there was no other evidence besides the statement from Sonic, then I agree that it wouldn't mean much. However, when it lines up with the SPD measurements, I think that it does mean something.
It doesn't look like that's what he's doing. Again, that argument is a non sequitur for reasons explained previously.

Not really; he wasn't present.
I was referring to Colors.

I'm sure they had more important things to do in that game than slowing things 90% of the time (that game is, at points, literally "boost to win"). In fact, the heavy emphasis on boosting might be why they didn't slow things down. There are many "quick-step" sections where Sonic is running forwards and he has to move sideways to dodge things. If the obstacles were slowed down, the challenge would be greatly reduced.
That's not at all what I was saying. The developers could have had Omega say Sonic reached FTL, or Sonic could have told Omega that he can travel FTL.

I'm not doubting his statements. He's saying that, since his last measurement, Sonic has gotten about 130% faster, and that at this rate, light speed would be exceeded. Seems logical to me; Onega last saw Sonic in Sonic Heroes, and in Colors, he now has the boost. However, I'm just saying, since his last record of Sonic's speed is out of date, that the statement doesn't really mean much in terms of Sonic's top speed. I'm not doubting the statement; I'm doubting its relevancy.
Seems logical for Sonic to have spoke up. It's relevant because it goes against your interpretation of the SPD. Say the SPD was never in Unleashed. Your opinion would be different.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
But 396 SPD being light speed is not lore. It's an assumption. Your reliance on ad hoc hypotheses has made it not worth defending.
Lore says that the Light Speed Dash moves at the speed of light. The Light Speed Dash also equals 396 SPD. Therefore, we can conclude that 396 SPD is light speed, based on this.
Not an accurate one based on distance and time.
I'd imagine it's either something akin to a radar gun, or perhaps the beam between the posts is being blocked by Sonic for a certain amount of time, and that's what's being used to determine the speed.
Hm?
I was referring to Colors.
Ah. Sonic isn't shown reaching FTL speeds in Colors, and he does tell Omega that he's capable of moving beyond light speed; he says it's "no challenge" for him.
That's not at all what I was saying. The developers could have had Omega say Sonic reached FTL, or Sonic could have told Omega that he can travel FTL.
Omega saying that Sonic could travel at FTL speeds wouldn't make much sense, since Omega hasn't witnessed this. Again, Sonic did inform Omega of this fact.
Seems logical for Sonic to have spoke up.
Yes, and he did.
It's relevant because it goes against your interpretation of the SPD. Say the SPD was never in Unleashed. Your opinion would be different.
Correct, because there wouldn't be evidence of Sonic going at FTL speeds. But there is, so that's my stance.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The Light Speed Dash also equals 396 SPD.
And it's never supported ever again. It's dubious.

I'd imagine it's either something akin to a radar gun, or perhaps the beam between the posts is being blocked by Sonic for a certain amount of time, and that's what's being used to determine the speed.
It doesn't coincide with the timer and distance. We're back to square one.

You quoted yourself.

Ah. Sonic isn't shown reaching FTL speeds in Colors, and he does tell Omega that he's capable of moving beyond light speed; he says it's "no challenge" for him.
It would be expected for Sonic to reach FTL if he's capable, especially if Omega would cease his attempt to kill two of Robotnik's robots if he could acquire physical specification data.

Omega saying that Sonic could travel at FTL speeds wouldn't make much sense, since Omega hasn't witnessed this. Again, Sonic did inform Omega of this fact.
No he didn't. He treated the prospect as insignificant and presumably found this as no challenge, since he's the fastest thing alive.

Yes, and he did.
No he didn't, and if he did, he was pretty vague about it. It should have read like so.

Sonic: Light speed? I can run faster than that.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
And it's never supported ever again. It's dubious.
I don't see how something only happening once means it's "dubious". Still, this occurs every time you use a Light Speed Dash through a pair of Star Posts.
It doesn't coincide with the timer and distance. We're back to square one.
The timer is a HUD element, and both are due to gameplay not correctly representing the high speeds.
You quoted yourself.
Yes, and I'm wondering why you didn't place it in a quote in your post.
It would be expected for Sonic to reach FTL if he's capable, especially if Omega would cease his attempt to kill two of Robotnik's robots if he could acquire physical specification data.
Sonic doesn't reach FTL speeds here because he's not using the boost from Unleashed. He's only using White Wisp energy.
No he didn't. He treated the prospect as insignificant and presumably found this as no challenge, since he's the fastest thing alive.
He wouldn't know that it's not a challenge unless he had attempted it before and succeeded with little to no trouble. He does this in Unleashed.
No he didn't, and if he did, he was pretty vague about it. It should have read like so.

Sonic: Light speed? I can run faster than that.
And in the game, he replies, "Light speed? That's small time. There's no challenge!" At first glance, it would seem that Sonic is saying that reaching light speed is no challenge, rather than exceeding it. However, when we look at the context of the conversation, we see that Omega is talking about exceeding light speed, implying that Sonic is also referring to exceeding light speed. Here's another example, to demonstrate my point:

Runner A: I bet you can't run a mile in ten seconds!
Runner B: A mile? That's impossible!

Running a mile is, of course, not impossible, but doing it in ten seconds is pretty much humanly impossible. However, Runner B doesn't include the "ten seconds" bit because the context was already defined. The same thing applies to Sonic only saying "light speed" but meaning "exceeding light speed".

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't see how something only happening once means it's "dubious". Still, this occurs every time you use a Light Speed Dash through a pair of Star Posts.
Samus makes deliberate movement while using the light shaft and avoids face-planting as she travels from one region of Aether to the next. Samus must have nanosecond reaction time. This is supported by her ability to dodge wave beams as well. Nonsense. Link can outrun his own arrows in A Link to the Past using Pegasus boots. He must be running faster than 200 mi/h. Nonsense. LSD is 396 on the SPD. This must mean anything higher on the SPD is FTL. Nonsense. Something happening once is dubious because it's treated as an outlier and therefore, inconsistent. Something is a coincidence if it happens once. If it keeps happening, it's no longer coincidence. It's fact.

The timer is a HUD element, and both are due to gameplay not correctly representing the high speeds.
SPD is part of that.

Yes, and I'm wondering why you didn't place it in a quote in your post.
I forgot to quote. I went back before you posted, which means you quoted me before I went back to correct it, but not posting until after I corrected it.

Sonic doesn't reach FTL speeds here because he's not using the boost from Unleashed. He's only using White Wisp energy.
So? Boosting is boosting. You'd need to prove the wisp energy is weaker than the ring energy.

He wouldn't know that it's not a challenge unless he had attempted it before and succeeded with little to no trouble. He does this in Unleashed.
Or it's hubris.

And in the game, he replies, "Light speed? That's small time. There's no challenge!" At first glance, it would seem that Sonic is saying that reaching light speed is no challenge, rather than exceeding it. However, when we look at the context of the conversation, we see that Omega is talking about exceeding light speed, implying that Sonic is also referring to exceeding light speed. Here's another example, to demonstrate my point:

Runner A: I bet you can't run a mile in ten seconds!
Runner B: A mile? That's impossible!

Running a mile is, of course, not impossible, but doing it in ten seconds is pretty much humanly impossible. However, Runner B doesn't include the "ten seconds" bit because the context was already defined. The same thing applies to Sonic only saying "light speed" but meaning "exceeding light speed".
Again, that's hubris. Now, let's say Runner B said, "A mile? That's small time. There's no challenge!" If that's not hubris, I don't know what is.

Top Bottom