• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
That's technically what I'm doing, but this diversity cannot all be present at once, which is why I think the Chaos Chamber will present what's suitable for each character at a time, not all at once.
I don't see why it can't all be present. Sure, you obviously can't have a forest and an open field in the same place, but this is a big arena, with room for multiple environments.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I don't see why it can't all be present. Sure, you obviously can't have a forest and an open field in the same place, but this is a big arena, with room for multiple environments.
It could, but I don't see how these areas would benefit anyone. It'd require finding those different areas first.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
It could, but I don't see how these areas would benefit anyone. It'd require finding those different areas first.
We could very well have many of them grouped together, though. For instance, using the examples I brought up earlier, there could be a hilly forest with soft ground and open skies above all in one area. These sort of multipurpose areas could be close to one another if we even do need that many of them in the first place. I'll look at the roster and experiment with different areas to see what might work well.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Arena.jpg

Fighters start in the center island. The stone texture here represents a sort of mini-coliseum; basically, a circular stone platform with pillars along the outer edge and stairs down to the grassy area around it. The lake containing the island is shallow near the landmasses but pretty deep elsewhere, and has three bridges going across it; two stone and one wooden. These bridges can be destroyed, but will come back after a minute or so if there are no bridges left. This ensures that fighters are never trapped on this island. Anyway, the sandy beach around it has soft ground and is rather flat near the shore, but dunes dot the outer edges where it meets the grass. The lighter green area signifies the plains, with hilly areas and flat valleys dotted about. The forest to the left and top of the map is lush, and gets darker the further away from the center you get. It also has stones and other objects, and is very dense depending on where you are. Moving on, the cloudy area at the bottom signifies a mountainous region with snow-capped peaks that reach above the clouds. Finally, the lava area to the right is a giant sea of lava with rock islands dotted about, big and small. All of these areas are within walking distance. How are fighters affected by this terrain, you ask? Well, let's see:
:4bowser: can go to the lava area and have an advantage due to his immunity to lava, but the bridges and sandy areas might hinder him as they might collapse due to his weight.
:4bowserjr: might choose the mountainous or lava-filled areas due to his flying Clown Car, but the dense forest might hinder his ability to pilot it.
:4falcon: is best in the flat areas like the plains and the beach since they give him room to pilot his Blue Falcon, but other areas aren't quite fit for his style.
:4charizard: works well in the mountains since he can fly, and his resistance to fire could help in the lava area (he emerges from lava in Pokemon Snap after all), but the lake could be fatal to him for obvious reasons.
:4darkpit: is great in the mountains since he can fly infinitely, but his mobility would be hindered in the dense forests.
:4dedede: doesn't really have a particular advantage or disadvantage from what I can tell, aside from perhaps his flight abilities being good in the mountains.
:4diddy: could go for the mountains with his jetpack or the dense forests due to his monkey abilities, but might not fare well in close combat in the center.
:4dk: is right at home in the forest, but his lack of agility makes him unfit for the mountains and lava area.
:4drmario: isn't that great either way, but he does equally well in most areas.
:4duckhunt: is at home in the plains, and the ducks can fly him through the mountains, but any projectiles would be difficult to use in the thick forest.
:4fox: and :4falco: are great in the plains, beach, etc since that makes the opponent an easy target, but the mountains might provide a challenging flight area, and the trees can obscure the targets.
:4ganondorf: is great almost anywhere, and doesn't have any major advantages/disadvantages from what I can tell.
:4gaw: doesn't really have anything noticeable.
:4greninja: would be good in the lake being a water Pokemon, and the forest could help him sneak up on opponents, although the lava and icy peaks could boil and freeze his water attacks respectively.
:4myfriends: is great for the central arena's up-close combat, but his relative lack of mobility hinders him in, say, the lava sea.
:4jigglypuff: has flight to help with the mountains, and being a balloon could float on top of the water, but underwater foes would be inaccessible.
:4kirby: has the Warp Star to help him traverse the mountains and lava, but the forests make crashing almost a given.
:4littlemac: is at his best when boxing in the central arena, but his lack of mobility hinders him elsewhere.
:4link: has tools to deal with most situations that might hinder others, and he could fare well in the forests, but the mountains highlight his lack of true flight.
:4lucario: seems neutral to me, but I'm not a big Pokemon expert.
:4lucas: could do well in most areas, although the mountains and lava would prove difficult for him to traverse.
:4lucina: see Ike.
:4mario: and :4luigi: can fly in the mountains, and are good with open areas thanks to their power-ups, although their mobility greatly worsens when underwater.
:4marth: see Ike.
:4megaman: would fare well in the arena thanks to his weapon selection, and the various forms of Rush could help traverse the lava area and the mountains, but the forest could prove tricky to aim in.
:4metaknight: has prowess over the mountains thanks to his flight, but otherwise, he seems relatively neutral.
:4mewtwo: can fly in the mountains and over the lava, and his psychic powers could help him detect enemies in the forest, but doesn't seem to have any major weaknesses in the terrain.
:4ness: see Lucas.
:4olimar: is used to the forest and plains, but is extremely lacking in mobility.
:4palutena: is accustomed to the high reached and clouds of the mountains, but the close-up combat of the arena might not be best for her. Dunno though, not a Kid Icarus expert.
:4pacman: erm... I dunno. :p
:4peach: has an umbrella to float across the lava and throughout the mountains, but like Mario snd Luigi, she's lacking when underwater.
:4pikachu: could benefit from electrifying the water and his speed could help in open areas, but he'd have trouble traversing areas like the mountains and lava lake.
:4pit: has many weapons that help him in both close- and long-range combat, but he can't actually fly, so the lava and mountains aren't quite his cup of tea.
:4rob: stinks everywhere. Next.
:4robinm: see Ike.
:rosalina: is great in the mountains thanks to her flight, and can reshape any area to her liking using gravitational forces.
:4samus: could benefit from open areas thanks to the Speed Booster, and the Gravity Suit helps for lava areas. Plus, her gunship helps her both fly around the mountains and get from area to area quickly.
:4shulk: see Ike.
:4sonic: is great for the hilly plains, since they help him manipulate his speed with the hills and slopes. The forest is no problem thanks to his maneuverability, and he can fly to help with the mountains. The Fire Shield or Super Sonic allow him to stand on lava, and while he can't swim more often than not, Super Sonic's flight and the Bubble Shield should help him immensely in the lake.
:4tlink: see Link, but not quite as good.
:4villager: is bad everywhere.
:4wario2: has his bike to help traverse the open landscapes, but the mountains and lava still hinder him quite a bit.
:4wiifit: is bad everywhere.
:4yoshi: has wings to traverse the mountains and lava, but can't swim underwater well.
:4zelda: has magic for both mobility and ranged attacking to help with most situations, but the water and forest might give her trouble.
As you can see, the arena is rather balanced. Fighters can get to where they need to be rather quickly since everything is so close, and most characters have a rather equal amount of good and bad terrain. There are a few exceptions, but those that benefit from/can deal with all areas are mostly the top tiers. This new fighting area promotes adaptability, but doesn't get in the way of fighting skill. Let me know what you guys think! :)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Last edited by a moderator:

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
Reposting for new page:

If you want to know more about a particular character than ask the associated person:

:4mario::

:4drmario::

:4luigi::

:4peach::

:4bowser::

:4bowserjr:: Kirby Dragons

:rosalina::

:4yoshi::

:4wario2::

:4dk:: Dryn

:4diddy:: Dryn

:4link::

:younglinkmelee::

:4tlink::

:4zelda:: Kirby Dragons

:4sheik::

:4ganondorf::

:4samus:: Dryn

:4zss:: Dryn

:4pit:: Dryn

:4darkpit:: Dryn

:4palutena:: Dryn/Kirby Dragons

:4marth:: Kirby Dragons

:roypm::

:4myfriends:: Reckless Godwin 2.0

:4robinm:/:4robinf::

:4lucina::

:4kirby:: Kirby Dragons

:4dedede:: Kirby Dragons

:4metaknight:: Kirby Dragons

:4fox::

:4falco::

:wolf::

:pt::

:4pikachu::

:pichumelee::

:4charizard::

:4lucario::

:4jigglypuff::

:4mewtwo:: Kirby Dragons

:4greninja::

:4ness:: Kirby Dragons

:4lucas::

:4falcon::

:4villager:/:4villagerf::

:4olimar::

:4littlemac::

:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm::

:4shulk:: Reckless Godwin 2.0

:popo::

:4rob::

:4duckhunt::

:4pacman::

:4megaman::

:4sonic:: Munomario777

:snake::

:4miibrawl:: Kirby Dragons

:4miisword:: Kirby Dragons

:4miigun:: Kirby Dragons

Copy and paste if you update this list. I would also appreciate feedback on this.

That's a version edited to have the audio from the famous "Falcon Punch" scene in the F-Zero anime. :p Here's the regular version, at about 4:18:

Depends on A) the reaction time of the character and B) the Blue Falcon's durability.

How would a pothole work on a hovering car?
Wow, that changed to daytime pretty fast, and how is anyone going to survive a rain of bananas. I’m surprised that the moon didn’t take any damage from DK’s fist or the crash. Would you classify that as toonforce physics?

And C) the sharpness of the blade.

You got a point there. You would have to cause a very big sinkhole to cause the Blue Falcon to crash.

It's not really safe, nor is it a "no-fighting zone", it's just a place where that character would be most familiar, and therefore have an advantage. I suppose it could be called "advantage zone". Of course, that depends on each character's background and what they've explored before. I might say for Samus, starting in an enclosed area, such as a cavern or abandoned spaceship will make her feel safer because of her familiarity. For Link, he would feel in his element if he started out in a woodsy area. We could just have the opposite ends based on a map from one of each character's own game and work from there.
So the arena is like the transforming Pokemon Stadium stage in Smash, except it’s divided into 3 zones (character 1 home field, neutral zone, and character 2 home field) and doesn't change midbattle.

Can we consider punishing stalling by having the walls close in when there is no progress in the battle.
View attachment 53531
Fighters start in the center island. The stone texture here represents a sort of mini-coliseum; basically, a circular stone platform with pillars along the outer edge and stairs down to the grassy area around it. The lake containing the island is shallow near the landmasses but pretty deep elsewhere, and has three bridges going across it; two stone and one wooden. These bridges can be destroyed, but will come back after a minute or so if there are no bridges left. This ensures that fighters are never trapped on this island. Anyway, the sandy beach around it has soft ground and is rather flat near the shore, but dunes dot the outer edges where it meets the grass. The lighter green area signifies the plains, with hilly areas and flat valleys dotted about. The forest to the left and top of the map is lush, and gets darker the further away from the center you get. It also has stones and other objects, and is very dense depending on where you are. Moving on, the cloudy area at the bottom signifies a mountainous region with snow-capped peaks that reach above the clouds. Finally, the lava area to the right is a giant sea of lava with rock islands dotted about, big and small. All of these areas are within walking distance. How are fighters affected by this terrain, you ask? Well, let's see:

:4myfriends: is great for the central arena's up-close combat, but his relative lack of mobility hinders him in, say, the lava sea.
:4lucina: see Ike.
:4marth: see Ike.
:4robinm:/:4robinf: see Ike.
:4shulk: see Ike.

As you can see, the arena is rather balanced. Fighters can get to where they need to be rather quickly since everything is so close, and most characters have a rather equal amount of good and bad terrain. There are a few exceptions, but those that benefit from/can deal with all areas are mostly the top tiers. This new fighting area promotes adaptability, but doesn't get in the way of fighting skill. Let me know what you guys think! :)
What is this, The Hunger Games: Smash edition? Why regenerate the bridges when you can reward the characters with flight and swimming skills (and running on water for Sonic).

Male Robin has access to Horses, Wyverns and Griffins.

Female Robin and Lucina have access to Horses, Wyverns, Griffins and Pegasi.

Ike has fought inside lava caves before https://youtu.be/2MJ91zai99I?list=PLDD430D2E5337F3F1&t=158 at 2:38-2:48, so he won’t suffer too badly from the heat (getting around will still be a nightmare). I know Roy had to put up with them too.

Fire Emblem characters become way more evasive in bad terrain like mountains and forests. http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Terrain_Bonus and http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Terrain for your reference. The mountains could also give them the chance to attack from high ground giving them an even greater advantage with ranged or thrown weapons.

Shulk has fought in locations similar to these regions:
Coliseum=Prison Island
Lake=Colony 9 Lake/Raguel Lake/Eryth Sea
Bridges=Raguel Bridge/assorted nameless bridges
Beach=Colony 9/Eryth Sea/Fallen Arm (no dunes though)
Plains=Colony 9/Bionis Leg/Colony 6
Forest=Makna Forest (giant trees so less dense)
Mountainous=Valak Mountain
Lava area=Valak Mountain lava caves

To make matters worse Shulk can survive running on lava for a short period of time (around about 10 seconds at full health but don‘t quote me on that because I can‘t find out exactly how damaging terrain like that is online) and this Gem http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Terrain_Defence can let him last four times as long.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
@Dryn

Right, it's just a starting point. I'm not sure if we should actually have an arena with complex terrain like that at all; perhaps just a grassy area with hills and trees dotted about. That's just my view on what I think the best "varied" arena would be if we did go with that sort of thing.
Wow, that changed to daytime pretty fast, and how is anyone going to survive a rain of bananas. I’m surprised that the moon didn’t take any damage from DK’s fist or the crash. Would you classify that as toonforce physics?
As Dryn said, it's a very wonky cutscene.
And C) the sharpness of the blade.
Yes, that too.
So the arena is like the transforming Pokemon Stadium stage in Smash, except it’s divided into 3 zones (character 1 home field, neutral zone, and character 2 home field) and doesn't change midbattle.
I do kind of like the idea of a transforming arena. It could provide a similar effect to the three-zone system (characters choosing an environment that's best for them), but the transition is forced to make sure that each character gets equal time in their element.
Can we consider punishing stalling by having the walls close in when there is no progress in the battle.
Good idea.
What is this, The Hunger Games: Smash edition?
Sort of, except it's one-on-one. :p
Why regenerate the bridges when you can reward the characters with flight and swimming skills (and running on water for Sonic).
So that fighters aren't stranded on the island. It would take a few minutes for them to regenerate, though, so those fighters would still be rewarded.
Male Robin has access to Horses, Wyverns and Griffins.

Female Robin and Lucina have access to Horses, Wyverns, Griffins and Pegasi.

Ike has fought inside lava caves before https://youtu.be/2MJ91zai99I?list=PLDD430D2E5337F3F1&t=158 at 2:38-2:48, so he won’t suffer too badly from the heat (getting around will still be a nightmare). I know Roy had to put up with them too.

Fire Emblem characters become way more evasive in bad terrain like mountains and forests. http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Terrain_Bonus and http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Terrain for your reference. The mountains could also give them the chance to attack from high ground giving them an even greater advantage with ranged or thrown weapons.

Shulk has fought in locations similar to these regions:
Coliseum=Prison Island
Lake=Colony 9 Lake/Raguel Lake/Eryth Sea
Bridges=Raguel Bridge/assorted nameless bridges
Beach=Colony 9/Eryth Sea/Fallen Arm (no dunes though)
Plains=Colony 9/Bionis Leg/Colony 6
Forest=Makna Forest (giant trees so less dense)
Mountainous=Valak Mountain
Lava area=Valak Mountain lava caves

To make matters worse Shulk can survive running on lava for a short period of time (around about 10 seconds at full health but don‘t quote me on that because I can‘t find out exactly how damaging terrain like that is online) and this Gem http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Terrain_Defence can let him last four times as long.
Well, that just goes to show how little I know about those franchises. :p

I do think we should have a vote on this. The options are:
  • Completely flat, similar to what we've been using (preferably with Nerdicon's suggestions)
  • Simple, with features dotted about i.e. trees, hills, etc
  • Dryn's system, with a basic middle ground and two zones with that character's best terrain
  • A transforming arena, where it switches between either the two fighters' terrain or all terrain periodically
  • A full-blown, large-scale map with different areas with unique terrain (see my post near the top of this page)
@Nerdicon @ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons @ShadowLBlue

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The effects would be on Pop Star, which we can see when Kirby is returning onto the surface.
That is still above Pop Star.
During game play, I presume, and yet no evidence of Kirby's health being at all any kind of durability.
Kirby does take damage, but he doesn't die when hit, so that says he'll be able to withstand Samus' beams.
How else would they use the treasures to pay off the debt?
Oh.
He calls an ordinary dumbbell heavy artillery.
There's a difference. When Olimar is writing about the dumbbell, he's making a comparison to another object. That would just show he's bad at comparisons.
The 1-UP is not in the possession of the character in this case, whereas the power-ups are in this fight.
True.
Things aren't usually stolen from it.
How does that mean it blocks things?
Was Mewtwo created to cause planetary storms, and has he been proven to be able to do that?
The creators of Pokemon decided that he could.
It isn't harmed by them, so yes, it is invulnerable.
Reflection: the throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it.

If the mirror doesn't absorb the laser, you can't say that it resists it.
How big is the island?
21.41 miles wide.
Trigger: an event or circumstance that is the cause of a particular action, process, or situation.
A statement from the game. Something that specifically states that "Marx being defeated" was the trigger.
Which initiates the launch.
Initiate ≠ launch.

I'd also like to point out that Marx Soul (who is Marx, later in the game) doesn't launch when defeated. That pretty much goes against your entire argument.
Then why, may I ask, does Kirby not grab onto Meta Knight?
Exactly what you said. He was too fast.
It's likely that he was based on an ancient mural of Super Sonic that appeared in Sonic 3, since they share a similar appearance.
That wouldn't necessarily make him a clone.
Another comparison would be Sonic and Metal Sonic.
Metal Sonic isn't really a clone, he's just based off of Sonic.

A) Prove that they're equal in force.
A regular explosion (made of fire) destroys a building. This explosion was thousands of times bigger, and was made of Sectonia's magic (which has proven itself stronger than fire). That would mean it has the potential to destroy masses of buildings.
B) The nature is relevant. A buzzsaw concentrates its energy and force on a smaller area.
Pretty much all of the explosion hit Kirby, so that would mean he's being hit with all of the force.
Then try watching the video again. The Badniks are knocked backwards quite a distance.
Kirby would be able to resist the launch with flight anyways.
Wait, Kirby doesn't have a mind? Since when?
The only thing that's really inside him is his stomach dimension. Also, he's been flattened without a lump in his forehead, so that would further prove it.
And Kirby isn't a giant portion of a planet.
The explosion hit a large portion of the planet.
Does the other attack destroy the evil plants around the planet?
It doesn't even attack the plants around the planet.
Slipping in/pulling through.
How many can he inhale at once?
5+. I don't think Bowser could get that many out at a time anyways.
Fire is energy.
But the logs, which are the actual attack, aren't. Also, the motion from each log will cancel each other out.
How so? I disproved your assertion with examples from the games.
What examples? You said that Kirby couldn't move because he was in shock, but shock doesn't stop people from moving.
Was Kirby stated to move at Mach 5 in the anime?
I believe so. Regardless, he can control it pretty well
That took a while, and it wasn't escape velocity or anything.
A rocket launch takes a while too, but it still has force. Prove that it isn't escape velocity.
I'd expect a tornado to launch a few-feet-high dental assistant into the air.
But not into space.
The fireball is effective against bricks. Kirby is made of stone. It seems like it would be effective.
IIRC, the bricks can be destroyed by fireballs, while Stone Kirby is protected from them. That would mean Stone Kirby's durability surpasses the durability of bricks.
I saw him fly in a triangle. Kirby doesn't have to jump into it.
Kirby would likely go into Jet and ram at the beginning, and Mario would likely use a Mega Mushroom or Starman at the beginning as well.
If Mario did that, Kirby would just fly away from him.
What exactly does it affect?
It affects all items.
A pair of scissors can cut through cardboard, but a car cannot. Does that mean that the scissors are more powerful than the car? No.
A car can destroy cardboard, and even more than the scissors can, so it's more powerful. The laser can destroy an island, and even more than the wall can, so it's more powerful. This is all using the basic attack of whatever object. Car = crash, scissors = cut, laser = blast, wall = crush. Saying a car can't cut something doesn't prove anything. You would have to see if a car can destroy cardboard with a crash, and it can. Similarly, the wall can't blast anything. We would have to see if the wall can crush an island. It can't.
Okay, let me know how that works out. I doubt that you'll be able to get even something 1 inch tall into a crack like that.
I'll let you know.
A) Similarly, nothing from lore/gameplay/cutscenes contradicts the Schwarz not being similar to our black holes.
That doesn't make any sense.
B) Same goes for the Schwarz artwork.
The artwork doesn't tell us that the hole lacks distortion. The artwork is that it lacks distortion. How does this prove your point?
Because his health ran out, and that's what happens when his health runs out.
See above.
They defy physics, even in the Kirby series.
See above.
The black holes are part of the galaxies.
Point?
How so? I said that since they can turn into black holes, they could use that here for battle.
"Lumas can turn into black holes." is your argument, and you're trying to use it to prove "They could use that here for battle."
A greater chance is not proof, especially when the other side has greater proof.
A greater chance isn't proof of what? When did you give greater proof than I did?
The logical reason here is balance.
When why is it even called Splash?
The actual name for it is Hop. Nothing to do with water.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning
Me: What makes them separate in the first place?
You: The fact that the bonus cutscene isn't a part of the story. (AKA separate)
When did I use my argument to prove my statement? I didn't, so it isn't circular reasoning. If you're trying to mock me, you aren't doing a very good job.
Many Kirby enemies simply ram into him, which is similar to slapping.
True.
Not sure, but if it doesn't, this would only make the ballistics gel more durable, no?
Kirby can survive a fall too, so no.
This is assuming that A) Sonic gets a headache in the first place when he never does in-game and B) Sonic doesn't get away from Kirby/use Chaos Control.
A) Sonic never spins in several different directions in the games.
B) The headache would stop this.
Kirby's inhale is above Kirby. Sonic is below Kirby.
But Kirby's in the air, and Sonic's in the ground. How will Sonic even reach him?
Kirby cannot do anything while time is frozen.
You're forgetting the Invisibility Stone that would give him permanent intangibility when time is frozen.
And then I later said that I was wrong and he doesn't have to be at the front to travel forwards on the EG.
Kirby would just fly up on the Warp Star, and then the Spin Dash wouldn't be able to reach him.
How does Olimar loving his family relate to the battery?
If he writes it when talking about the battery, it's pretty clear he's referring to the battery.
And we can conclude that the knife doesn't rip through time and space because there's nothing time-and-space-y (?) about it.
It wouldn't be time-and-space-y. It would be cutty, because it is cutting through time and space.
He's not going through the recovery that someone would after a concussion, as you said earlier.
That would mean he doesn't get a concussion in the first place.
No, it's an assertion that needs to be proved.
Bullets aren't intangible, so they wouldn't go through the Pikmin to hit Olimar.
The proof that the Pikmin wouldn't get there in time is the fact that bullets are faster than their appearance in-game.
The Pikmin closest to Olimar would block the bullets, while other Pikmin get close.
How is asking why Olimar would say something that's false circular reasoning?
You are saying that what Olimar wrote was false, which is your argument.
The sales pitch is, "A dimensional cutter that slices through space and time, this is nothing to be trifled with. Good children will know not to play with this item."
That isn't his journal.
Olimar goes insane again because he's on the planet again, where he previously went insane. In addition to other factors, of course.
He wasn't insane just because of the planet. He was insane because of time on the planet, which he didn't really have here.
Does he not fight monsters and go into caves in Pikmin 2?
He gets rid of those too.
It is proven that Olimar is insane, because he knows to get rid of silly thoughts.
That success and relief is momentary, whereas the long day on PNF-404 was major.
The long day is full of multiple reliefs.
I'm pretty sure that Olimar loved his family before this point. In face, he mentions them throughout Pikmin 1.
Does he mention that he loves them, and why is he expressing his love in the battery description?
Prove it.
Depression and anxiety are symptoms of helplessness. It's clear that Olimar has neither of these.
Or it could be a result of them being composed of energy.

Unless they're some sort of energy.
Rosalina has caught Star Bits with a net, proving that they aren't energy.
Teleportation.
What about it?
Rosalina creates a black hole near the spot where Kirby teleported from, and since we've only seen him teleport short distances, he'd likely end up near the black hole and get sucked in and killed.
A) He would end up in front of the black hole.
B) Kirby would escape the black hole.
C) Rosalina can't create black holes.
When they're in the "shooting out into space to become a galaxy" they likely can.
A) Prove it.
B) None of the Lumas are doing that.
Sonic's too fast for Marth to react.
Too fast to react to what? Winds moving around him?
The bomb must move some sort of internal mechanism, such as lighting an internal fuse.
The fuse doesn't have to be lighted. The bomb can just be hit.
Either way, Badniks are not meant to explode.
A car, then.
So Marth isn't hurt. That doesn't prevent him from getting his swords and shield stolen.
Holding the swords in the sheathes will.
He's invincible.
Marth uses his legs (and also the Geosphere for damage) to stop him from approaching.
These are a result of his physical transformation. His legs aren't as quick as before, so he runs on all fours to take advantage of his arm strength. Similarly, his voice changed, and it now involves a howl.
Sonic moves on his legs only, and he howls when he isn't talking.
Except his personality etc are intact.
And also, altered.
When does he demonstrate this?
When he goes flat when under something.
Because they're glad to move out of the way.
That doesn't really make any sense.
By standing on top.
Then the ship would block the bomb, be destroyed, and lead to Samus falling.
It has an autopilot.
Does the autopilot follow enemies?
A) Things can move through it.
But the explosion is trying to go through the ship, so it wouldn't work.
B) How is this actually relevant?
If it isn't intangible, it can't go through the ship, and can't hit Kirby, who is outside the ship.
And other characters' attacks aren't in Kirby games, and many are more powerful than attacks within.
Force is irrelevant, however.
More force equals more ability to get through.
It wouldn't be able to get through, however; it is changing direction.
He can destroy pipes and the like, which no other attacks can do.
A pipe is about equal to a wall. I'll conclude that Mega Mario isn't very powerful.
Mega Mario is invincible to all of these things in the main series games.
Okay then.
Olimar's journal entry is an assertion, and assertions need to be proven.
His expression/the ship prove it.
We see the Megaton Punch Championships from space, and yet we see the damage the punches cause.
The punch attacked the planet as a whole. The explosion could've attacked multiple buildings, cities, etc. We couldn't see those things, so that explains why we don't see damage.
Does the attack specifically have limitless power, or rather, is it stated to?
It is made from the Master Crown, so obviously, the most powerful attacks would at least have limitless power. Kirby can withstand those.
  • Completely flat, similar to what we've been using (preferably with Nerdicon's suggestions)
  • Dryn's system, with a basic middle ground and two zones with that character's best terrain
  • A transforming arena, where it switches between either the two fighters' terrain or all terrain periodically
  • A full-blown, large-scale map with different areas with unique terrain (see my post near the top of this page)
Option 1.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
So is Megaton Punch, where we see the damage.
There's a difference. When Olimar is writing about the dumbbell, he's making a comparison to another object. That would just show he's bad at comparisons.
And here, he's comparing a knife to an object that can rip through time and space.
How does that mean it blocks things?
The Starman blocks attacks. Protect blocks attacks. Protect blocks Trick, so it's rather safe to assume that Starman would block Trick.
The creators of Pokemon decided that he could.
When is it stated that Mewtwo is capable of such a feat?
Reflection: the throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it.

If the mirror doesn't absorb the laser, you can't say that it resists it.
I hate to go into semantics, but resist means to "withstand the action or effect of." Mirrors withstand lasers and their effects.
21.41 miles wide.
I see. I think it would be fair to put the laser on the level of a deity attack at most; do you agree?
A statement from the game. Something that specifically states that "Marx being defeated" was the trigger.
We have evidence from the games.
Initiate ≠ launch.
No duh.
I'd also like to point out that Marx Soul (who is Marx, later in the game) doesn't launch when defeated. That pretty much goes against your entire argument.
Not necessarily. Marx Soul has different properties than regular Marx. By the way, is Marx Soul heavier than regular Marx? If not, then that sort of goes against your argument; why can Kirby launch regular Marx but not Marx Soul?
Exactly what you said. He was too fast.
Mhm.
That wouldn't necessarily make him a clone.
Fair enough.
Metal Sonic isn't really a clone, he's just based off of Sonic.
And Meta Knight's copy could be the same way. He looks the same, but the insides could be completely different (especially considering how he's a magical summon and all).
A regular explosion (made of fire) destroys a building. This explosion was thousands of times bigger, and was made of Sectonia's magic (which has proven itself stronger than fire). That would mean it has the potential to destroy masses of buildings.
Except it doesn't dent the planet.
Pretty much all of the explosion hit Kirby, so that would mean he's being hit with all of the force.
If you stand next to a bomb as it explodes, you're still not getting hit with all of the force. The force spreads out in all directions, including the directions that you're not on.
Kirby would be able to resist the launch with flight anyways.
Flying goes up. The launch goes sideways.
The only thing that's really inside him is his stomach dimension. Also, he's been flattened without a lump in his forehead, so that would further prove it.
Brains can be squishy (in fact, they are). Prove that Kirby lacks internal organs.
The explosion hit a large portion of the planet.
The Light Speed Attack doesn't need to hit a large portion of a planet; it only needs to hit Kirby.
It doesn't even attack the plants around the planet.
Do you have video footage of it, then?
Slipping in/pulling through.
He has never done this. I'm done going around in circles. Provide video evidence of Kirby slipping through a crack like this, or I simply will not reply.
5+. I don't think Bowser could get that many out at a time anyways.
Actually, he can.
But the logs, which are the actual attack, aren't. Also, the motion from each log will cancel each other out.
The logs are irrelevant. The energy that is the fire on each log hits the other fire, and they do not cancel out.
What examples? You said that Kirby couldn't move because he was in shock, but shock doesn't stop people from moving.
It keeps Kirby from moving in the games.
I believe so. Regardless, he can control it pretty well
When was it stated?
A rocket launch takes a while too, but it still has force. Prove that it isn't escape velocity.
It didn't escape the atmosphere.
But not into space.
When was it sent into space?
IIRC, the bricks can be destroyed by fireballs, while Stone Kirby is protected from them. That would mean Stone Kirby's durability surpasses the durability of bricks.
Prove that Kirby is immune to the golden fireballs.
I saw him fly in a triangle. Kirby doesn't have to jump into it.
The Wing Cap, Tanooki Suit, etc would also work.
If Mario did that, Kirby would just fly away from him.
Could he stop or turn in time?
It affects all items.
Such as?
A car can destroy cardboard, and even more than the scissors can, so it's more powerful. The laser can destroy an island, and even more than the wall can, so it's more powerful. This is all using the basic attack of whatever object. Car = crash, scissors = cut, laser = blast, wall = crush. Saying a car can't cut something doesn't prove anything. You would have to see if a car can destroy cardboard with a crash, and it can. Similarly, the wall can't blast anything. We would have to see if the wall can crush an island. It can't.
A car's tire (not a car) cannot effectively cut through cardboard at high speeds, but it has more energy than the scissors while at high speeds.
I'll let you know.
M'kay.
That doesn't make any sense.
You said that nothing contradicts Kirby being pink. I said that nothing contradicts Schwarz being different from IRL black holes.
The artwork doesn't tell us that the hole lacks distortion. The artwork is that it lacks distortion. How does this prove your point?
We still take Kirby's pinkness as canon, and we take the lack of distortion as canon.
Lumas can turn into galaxies, and part of that is turning into black holes.
"Lumas can turn into black holes." is your argument, and you're trying to use it to prove "They could use that here for battle."
I don't see why they couldn't use their black hole abilities in battle.
A greater chance isn't proof of what? When did you give greater proof than I did?
Your argument is that Pokemon is usually logical, meaning that things have a greater chance of being logical. You then said that the PP system was illogical, so it had a lesser chance of happening. I proved my point with evidence from the games and how they function. That's the greater proof.
The logical reason here is balance.
That's not logical in-universe.
The actual name for it is Hop. Nothing to do with water.
Ah yes, that is the original Japanese name.
When did I use my argument to prove my statement? I didn't, so it isn't circular reasoning. If you're trying to mock me, you aren't doing a very good job.
I asked why they were separate. You replied saying (essentially) that they were separate.
A) Sonic never spins in several different directions in the games.
B) The headache would stop this.
Really? He's regularly spinning in two directions whenever he rolls through a loop. He's spinning in his rolling animation, and going around the loop.
But Kirby's in the air, and Sonic's in the ground. How will Sonic even reach him?
By drilling up,
You're forgetting the Invisibility Stone that would give him permanent intangibility when time is frozen.
Once Kirby sets it down to attack, Sonic freezes time,
Kirby would just fly up on the Warp Star, and then the Spin Dash wouldn't be able to reach him.
Actually, it's the Light Speed Attack.That's unnecessary though; the Boost is much faster. Luckily, Super Sonic can use it while flying.
If he writes it when talking about the battery, it's pretty clear he's referring to the battery.
He loves his family before this point.
It wouldn't be time-and-space-y. It would be cutty, because it is cutting through time and space.
My pocket knife is cutty, but it cannot rip through time and space.
That would mean he doesn't get a concussion in the first place.
How so? Improper treatment doesn't mean he never suffered from it.
Bullets aren't intangible, so they wouldn't go through the Pikmin to hit Olimar.

The Pikmin closest to Olimar would block the bullets, while other Pikmin get close.
Bullets can go through plants, and Pikmin are essentially plants.
You are saying that what Olimar wrote was false, which is your argument.
I'm saying that what Olimar wrote was false because of brain conditions, deceptive marketing, and/or the knife obviously being a normal knife, not to mention Olimar's track record.
That isn't his journal.
And?
He wasn't insane just because of the planet. He was insane because of time on the planet, which he didn't really have here.
When does Olimar acquire the knife?
He gets rid of those too.
Before he acquires the knife?
It is proven that Olimar is insane, because he knows to get rid of silly thoughts.
Except he doesn't. That isn't actually a silly thought.
The long day is full of multiple reliefs.
Depends on the playthrough.
Does he mention that he loves them, and why is he expressing his love in the battery description?
I'm not sure, but I don't see how this is relevant. We see Olimar longing to return to his family throughout the first game.
Depression and anxiety are symptoms of helplessness. It's clear that Olimar has neither of these.
How so?
Rosalina has caught Star Bits with a net, proving that they aren't energy.
I could catch electric bolts with a metallic wand, and yet they are made of energy.
What about it?
She could use it to dodge the attack.
A) He would end up in front of the black hole.
And in the range of the suction effect.
B) Kirby would escape the black hole.
How?
C) Rosalina can't create black holes.
Lumas can transform into them as part of galaxies.
A) Prove it.
They always go to the same spot, and they seem to have some sort of control seeing as how none of them crash into the Observatory.
B) None of the Lumas are doing that.
Hm?
Too fast to react to what? Winds moving around him?
More like how quickly Sonic creates said winds.
The fuse doesn't have to be lighted. The bomb can just be hit.
It depends on the explosive. Either way, that's still an interaction that causes motion in the bomb.
A car, then.
Making a car explode still requires the car to move in some way or another.
Holding the swords in the sheathes will.
He can't hold them in time.
Marth uses his legs (and also the Geosphere for damage) to stop him from approaching.
How would that work exactly? Teleportation, time freezing, and 3x light speed travel will get Sonic there quicker than Marth can even blink, let alone counter Sonic.
Sonic moves on his legs only, and he howls when he isn't talking.
He moves on all fours a few seconds in. Either way, this does nothing to disprove my argument.

The noises someone makes as a result of their new physical structure do't reflect their personality.
And also, altered.
When do we see Sonic's actual personality change?
When he goes flat when under something.
He needs something to crush him, which he doesn't have here.
That doesn't really make any sense.
As in, they move out of the way with little to no resistance. The resistance we do experience is called "drag".
Then the ship would block the bomb, be destroyed, and lead to Samus falling.
When has an object such as the gunship block a Power Bomb?
Does the autopilot follow enemies?
It can drop precise air strike attacks to wherever Samus wishes, so I'd imagine it could.
But the explosion is trying to go through the ship, so it wouldn't work.
See above.
If it isn't intangible, it can't go through the ship, and can't hit Kirby, who is outside the ship.
See above.
Force is irrelevant, however.
How so? If you lightly place a chisel onto a rock, it won't break it. However, if you strike it with the force of a hammer, it likely will.
It wouldn't be able to get through, however; it is changing direction.
Why is it changing direction?
A pipe is about equal to a wall. I'll conclude that Mega Mario isn't very powerful.
If you take Mario's ground pound and scale its force by the size of the Mega Mushroom, you'll have a force to be reckoned with.
Okay then.
His expression/the ship prove it.
How do expressions prove it, and when does the ship back this up? Not to mention that the ship is also a bad source of info, since it provides the often-untrue sales pitches.
The punch attacked the planet as a whole. The explosion could've attacked multiple buildings, cities, etc. We couldn't see those things, so that explains why we don't see damage.
The explosion was right next to the planet, and yet it didn't even leave a dent, or even a chip, in its surface.
It is made from the Master Crown, so obviously, the most powerful attacks would at least have limitless power. Kirby can withstand those.
When is it stated that the attack is the most powerful attack that the crown is capable of outputting?

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure we see the surface of Pop Star. It looks unscathed. An explosion would show destruction on the surface.

Kirby does take damage, but he doesn't die when hit, so that says he'll be able to withstand Samus' beams.
Withstand is not the same as survive. To withstand something would mean minimal to no damage has been done. I'll list Kirby's abilities and put Samus' next to each to give a comparison.

• Beam - Power beam
  • Bomb - Bomb; power bomb
  • Burning - Plasma beam, light beam
  • Fire - Plasma beam, light beam
  • Freeze - Ice beam
  • Hi-jump - Shinespark, screw attack
  • Ice - Ice beam
  • Jet - Shinespark
  • Laser - Light beam, nova beam
  • Missile - Missile, super missile, seeker missile, hyper missile, diffusion missile
  • Plasma - Plasma beam
  • Spark - Plasma beam

As you can see, Samus has the same abilities as Kirby, but hers are portrayed in a more powerful manner, so if we decided to work with your idea, Kirby would still lose against Samus. Anyway, I haven't seen any evidence of Kirby's health being his durability outside of game play.

Lasers burn. They don't blast.

Schwarz and the black holes in Super Mario Galaxy don't behave like black holes. They don't look like black holes. They act like vacuums.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So is Megaton Punch, where we see the damage.
If the explosion in KTD destroyed in cities and such, we wouldn't be able to see it.
And here, he's comparing a knife to an object that can rip through time and space.
When does he make comparisons to an object that cuts space and time?
The Starman blocks attacks. Protect blocks attacks. Protect blocks Trick, so it's rather safe to assume that Starman would block Trick.
Starman doesn't block attacks; it negates damage.
When is it stated that Mewtwo is capable of such a feat?
The creators had that as a movie plot. Meaning, it's confirmed Mewtwo can do that by the creators.
I hate to go into semantics, but resist means to "withstand the action or effect of." Mirrors withstand lasers and their effects.
The lasers don't take action or effect on the mirror, because they are sent the other way.
I see. I think it would be fair to put the laser on the level of a deity attack at most; do you agree?
Deity attacks are sometimes much more powerful. Shulk's universal sword slash, for example. I wouldn't consider it a deity attack to be honest, but it still possesses a great amount of force.
We have evidence from the games.
We also have evidence from the games for my case. That isn't good enough.
Not necessarily. Marx Soul has different properties than regular Marx. By the way, is Marx Soul heavier than regular Marx? If not, then that sort of goes against your argument; why can Kirby launch regular Marx but not Marx Soul?
He'd probably a bit heavier, but not much. NOVA was gone in the Marx Soul battle, so that explains why Marx wasn't launched that time. Kirby didn't need to destroy anything.
And Meta Knight's copy could be the same way. He looks the same, but the insides could be completely different (especially considering how he's a magical summon and all).
Metal Sonic is robotic, unlike the MK copy, so that explains some differences from him and Sonic. Otherwise, we see many similarities between Sonic and Metal Sonic.
Except it doesn't dent the planet.
Destroying several buildings wouldn't necessarily dent the planet.
If you stand next to a bomb as it explodes, you're still not getting hit with all of the force. The force spreads out in all directions, including the directions that you're not on.
You would still get hit by a large portion of the force.
Flying goes up. The launch goes sideways.
Kirby goes up and stops the sideways motion.
Brains can be squishy (in fact, they are).
Kirby was flattened as thin as a piece of paper. Even if brains were squishy, we would still see small lump in his forehead.
Prove that Kirby lacks internal organs.
We see the inside of his body quite clearly in KSS and the anime. Nothing but his stomach dimension.
The Light Speed Attack doesn't need to hit a large portion of a planet; it only needs to hit Kirby.
What does that have to do with anything?
Do you have video footage of it, then?
Yep.
He has never done this. I'm done going around in circles. Provide video evidence of Kirby slipping through a crack like this, or I simply will not reply.
Don't reply then.
Kirby would just inhale one and use Star Spit to destroy the rest.
The logs are irrelevant. The energy that is the fire on each log hits the other fire, and they do not cancel out.
Actually, the fire would cancel itself out.
It keeps Kirby from moving in the games.
When is that stated?
When was it stated?
The lore in the games still applies to the anime.
It didn't escape the atmosphere.
How do you know?
When was it sent into space?
In the episode.
Prove that Kirby is immune to the golden fireballs.
It grants him immunity to enemy attacks. The golden fireball is an enemy attack.
The Wing Cap, Tanooki Suit, etc would also work.
I don't recall Mario having great control over those either.
Could he stop or turn in time?
Yep.
ALL items. Every single one that it covers, besides Mega Stones. Mario's power-ups are included because they are items.
A car's tire (not a car) cannot effectively cut through cardboard at high speeds, but it has more energy than the scissors while at high speeds.
A car's tire can destroy cardboard. The methods of which are irrelevant.
It didn't go through.
You said that nothing contradicts Kirby being pink. I said that nothing contradicts Schwarz being different from IRL black holes.
You never said that.
We still take Kirby's pinkness as canon, and we take the lack of distortion as canon.
But we don't take either as proving anything.
Lumas can turn into galaxies, and part of that is turning into black holes.
When is it stated the Lumas actually turn into the black holes?
I don't see why they couldn't use their black hole abilities in battle.
Because they don't have "black hole abilities".
Your argument is that Pokemon is usually logical, meaning that things have a greater chance of being logical. You then said that the PP system was illogical, so it had a lesser chance of happening. I proved my point with evidence from the games and how they function. That's the greater proof.
Wait, when did you prove anything about the moves?
That's not logical in-universe.
And why not?
I asked why they were separate. You replied saying (essentially) that they were separate.
And how is that circular reasoning?
Really? He's regularly spinning in two directions whenever he rolls through a loop. He's spinning in his rolling animation, and going around the loop.
Both of those are going forward, so Sonic's head is accounting for moving forward. Kirby would be making him move left and right and left and right. Maybe even back and forth, or diagonal.
By drilling up,
Unless he can drill through the air, he can't hit Kirby, who's high in the air.
Once Kirby sets it down to attack, Sonic freezes time,
Kirby picks it back up.
Actually, it's the Light Speed Attack. That's unnecessary though; the Boost is much faster. Luckily, Super Sonic can use it while flying.
Kirby's inhalation would pull Sonic in when he gets close.
He loves his family before this point.
But he doesn't express it until he's around the battery.
My pocket knife is cutty, but it cannot rip through time and space.
Olimar concludes that the Dimensional Slicer can.
How so? Improper treatment doesn't mean he never suffered from it.
But if he got a concussion, he would be seen being treated.
Bullets can go through plants, and Pikmin are essentially plants.
Multiple Pikmin would stack up to nullify the motion of the bullet.
I'm saying that what Olimar wrote was false because of brain conditions, deceptive marketing, and/or the knife obviously being a normal knife, not to mention Olimar's track record.
I've disproved all of those claims.
The information in Olimar's journal isn't made for selling things, so it isn't deceptive marketing.
When does Olimar acquire the knife?
End of the game.
Before he acquires the knife?
Yes. And during the acquiring of the knife, too.
Except he doesn't. That isn't actually a silly thought.
Though, Olimar takes it as silly.
Depends on the playthrough.
Every playthrough would have those reliefs.
I'm not sure, but I don't see how this is relevant. We see Olimar longing to return to his family throughout the first game.
When do we see him long?
Depression causes physical pain, but Olimar doesn't take damage from nothing unless hit. Depression causes anger, yet Olimar seems rather calm. Depression causes reckless behavior, but Olimar doesn't behave recklessly. We don't see the symptoms of anxiety either.
I could catch electric bolts with a metallic wand, and yet they are made of energy.
Nets can't catch energy.
She could use it to dodge the attack.
The forcefield would disappear, and Kirby would escape.
And in the range of the suction effect.
Kirby would teleport diagonally from it, I mean. Can the black holes suck up things diagonally?
By resisting the pull and walking/flying out. Same thing he does with the Schwarz' black hole.
Lumas can transform into them as part of galaxies.
But not individually.
They always go to the same spot, and they seem to have some sort of control seeing as how none of them crash into the Observatory.
They only go to a spot once, and the Lumas don't move around a lot in the observatory.
None of the Lumas are flying after being transformed in this scenario.
More like how quickly Sonic creates said winds.
How quickly.
It depends on the explosive. Either way, that's still an interaction that causes motion in the bomb.
It does not.
Making a car explode still requires the car to move in some way or another.
Not always.
He can't hold them in time.
He can.
How would that work exactly? Teleportation, time freezing, and 3x light speed travel will get Sonic there quicker than Marth can even blink, let alone counter Sonic.
When can Sonic move at 3x the speed of light? Virtually anything he does after teleporting would be negated by Falchion. Time freezing doesn't last forever.
He moves on all fours a few seconds in.
Then he starts walking on two legs again.
Either way, this does nothing to disprove my argument.
Why not?
The noises someone makes as a result of their new physical structure don't reflect their personality.
So would regular Sonic howl randomly?
When do we see Sonic's actual personality change?
When he roars.
He needs something to crush him, which he doesn't have here.
The edge of the car.
As in, they move out of the way with little to no resistance. The resistance we do experience is called "drag".
When Sonic freezes time, the resistance of objects still applies, so that would mean the air molecules aren't separately unfrozen.
When has an object such as the gunship block a Power Bomb?
Everything gets in the way of the Power Bomb, because it doesn't move through things.
It can drop precise air strike attacks to wherever Samus wishes, so I'd imagine it could.
Wouldn't Samus be the one doing that?
How so? If you lightly place a chisel onto a rock, it won't break it. However, if you strike it with the force of a hammer, it likely will.
That is with the resistance of the rock. The resistance of Reflect Force/Reflect Guard never show up when it reflects things.
Why is it changing direction?
It is touching something that reflects projectiles that touch it. It can't get through if it is going the other way.
If you take Mario's ground pound and scale its force by the size of the Mega Mushroom, you'll have a force to be reckoned with.
That would destroy a building at most. Most of these guys are much more powerful than a building.
How do expressions prove it, and when does the ship back this up?
The ship backs it up by explaining what happens/happened, and expressions show what happened.
Not to mention that the ship is also a bad source of info, since it provides the often-untrue sales pitches.
Most of the pitches are true.
The explosion was right next to the planet, and yet it didn't even leave a dent, or even a chip, in its surface.
See above.
When is it stated that the attack is the most powerful attack that the crown is capable of outputting?
Magolor was trying to win. Obviously, he would use the most powerful attack he could.
I'm pretty sure we see the surface of Pop Star. It looks unscathed. An explosion would show destruction on the surface.
That is during the credits, which isn't exactly accurate.

Withstand is not the same as survive. To withstand something would mean minimal to no damage has been done.
Then Kirby survived attacks from the Master Crown, so he could survive Samus' attacks.
I'll list Kirby's abilities and put Samus' next to each to give a comparison.
  • Beam - Power beam
  • Bomb - Bomb; power bomb
  • Burning - Plasma beam, light beam
  • Fire - Plasma beam, light beam
  • Freeze - Ice beam
  • Hi-jump - Shinespark, screw attack
  • Ice - Ice beam
  • Jet - Shinespark
  • Laser - Light beam, nova beam
  • Missile - Missile, super missile, seeker missile, hyper missile, diffusion missile
  • Plasma - Plasma beam
  • Spark - Plasma beam

As you can see, Samus has the same abilities as Kirby, but hers are portrayed in a more powerful manner, so if we decided to work with your idea, Kirby would still lose against Samus.
How are the abilities more powerful than Kirby's? Kirby's attacks generate thousands of pounds of force. Furthermore, Mirror Kirby would just reflect most (if not all) of those things back, so Samus would defeat herself in a way.
Anyway, I haven't seen any evidence of Kirby's health being his durability outside of game play.
It is the damage he takes from attacks. He only dies once his health is reduced by the attacks. It wouldn't mean durability, but it would measure all damage he takes to determine the point when he dies.
Lasers burn. They don't blast.
My mistake.
Schwarz and the black holes in Super Mario Galaxy don't behave like black holes. They don't look like black holes. They act like vacuums.
They both behave and look like black holes.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
If the explosion in KTD destroyed in cities and such, we wouldn't be able to see it.
Cities can be seen from space. Even so, we clearly see the unscathed surface near the end of the credits sequence.
When does he make comparisons to an object that cuts space and time?
When he says that the knife is an object that cuts space and time.
Starman doesn't block attacks; it negates damage.
By blocking the attacks that cause the damage.
The creators had that as a movie plot. Meaning, it's confirmed Mewtwo can do that by the creators.
The plot is that Mewtwo is attempting to perform this feat, not him actually performing the feat.
The lasers don't take action or effect on the mirror, because they are sent the other way.
Lasers have a cutting/burning effect. "Withstand" essentially means to come out unscathed. Mirrors are unscathed by the effect of lasers, which means that they resist the lasers.
Deity attacks are sometimes much more powerful. Shulk's universal sword slash, for example. I wouldn't consider it a deity attack to be honest, but it still possesses a great amount of force.
So Sonic loses about ten to fifteen Rings maximum, since that's what he loses when he's hut by deity attacks. I'm being generous here.
We also have evidence from the games for my case. That isn't good enough.
Your evidence is invalid, as it has been disproven.
He'd probably a bit heavier, but not much. NOVA was gone in the Marx Soul battle, so that explains why Marx wasn't launched that time. Kirby didn't need to destroy anything.
So, if Marx Soul is not much heavier, then why do the same attacks from Kirby not launch Marx Soul?
Metal Sonic is robotic, unlike the MK copy, so that explains some differences from him and Sonic. Otherwise, we see many similarities between Sonic and Metal Sonic.
Jango Fett and Boba Fett from Star Wars, then. Or all of the Clone Troopers for that matter.
Destroying several buildings wouldn't necessarily dent the planet.
I'd expect an explosion of that size to do so.
You would still get hit by a large portion of the force.
About half of it at most.
Kirby goes up and stops the sideways motion.
Adding upwards movement doesn't negate horizontal movement.
Kirby was flattened as thin as a piece of paper. Even if brains were squishy, we would still see small lump in his forehead.
Not if they were squishy to the point that they would be flat. It would be in line with the rest of Kirby's anatomy.
We see the inside of his body quite clearly in KSS and the anime. Nothing but his stomach dimension.
Do you have a video of this?
What does that have to do with anything?
You said that the explosion was more powerful because it hit an entire planet. I said that A) that's not how force works and B) a whole planet isn't even the target here.
That energy is dark and purple, whereas the explosion is almost entirely white.
Don't reply then.
Okay, and I'll work with Kirby not being able to perform the feat.
Kirby would just inhale one and use Star Spit to destroy the rest.
Can he take out multiple targets with one Star Spit? Also, isn't Kirby just reappearing from a teleport after this? He'd have to discard his Copy Ability first before he starts inhaling.
Actually, the fire would cancel itself out.
Except it doesn't.
When is that stated?
It's demonstrated in gameplay. If you try holding sideways during the tumble, you won't be able to influence Kirby's direction.
The lore in the games still applies to the anime.
The "Mach 5" quote refers to the charging attack in the games. Is it stated/demonstrated that this and the technique used in the anime are one in the same?
How do you know?
We don't see it do so, so we can't assume that it does.
In the episode.
I don't see it get launched into space.
It grants him immunity to enemy attacks. The golden fireball is an enemy attack.
Has it shown resistance to a golden fireball that turns things into gold?
I don't recall Mario having great control over those either.
The Wing Cap is more of a glide, but it does allow quick, agile aerial movement. The Tanooki Suit lets Mario float up into the air and control his left and right movement extremely well, and the P variant allows for unlimited flight.
Prove it.
ALL items. Every single one that it covers, besides Mega Stones. Mario's power-ups are included because they are items.
Wait, so Mega Stones aren't negated? Mega Stones cause a transformation, and so do Mario's power-ups.
A car's tire can destroy cardboard. The methods of which are irrelevant.
Not on its own. If you place a piece of cardboard under a spinning tire, it will simply send it flying.
It didn't go through.
Then why would Kirby be able to?
You never said that.
"Similarly [to Kirby's pinkness not being contradicted], nothing from lore/gameplay/cutscenes contradicts the Schwarz not being similar to our black holes."
But we don't take either as proving anything.
So, Kirby isn't pink?
When is it stated the Lumas actually turn into the black holes?
The Lumas turn into the galaxies, which contain black holes. It's demonstrated.
Because they don't have "black hole abilities".
They have the ability to turn into black holes.
Wait, when did you prove anything about the moves?
I proved my point about PP by providing the evidence from the games, which I've already gone over.
And why not?
"Balance" isn't a logical reason for a creature to evolve. It's a game mechanic.
And how is that circular reasoning?
I asked why something was the case, and you said the thing that you're making an argument for. "X is true because X is the case."
Both of those are going forward, so Sonic's head is accounting for moving forward. Kirby would be making him move left and right and left and right. Maybe even back and forth, or diagonal.
Sonic can go from standing still to spinning at high speeds in the blink of an eye and not even get a headache. I doubt slow spinning (it's limited to the speed of the twirl) would faze him.
Unless he can drill through the air, he can't hit Kirby, who's high in the air.
Since when is he high up in the air? The Drill Wisp is Sonic's counter to Kirby using Hypernova while lying on his back.
Kirby picks it back up.
Not before Sonic freezes time.
Kirby's inhalation would pull Sonic in when he gets close.
Kirby is too slow to inhale in time. He lacks the reaction time, and Sonic's turning ability would allow him to go right around the vortex if he somehow managed to initiate it in time.
But he doesn't express it until he's around the battery.
Read the journal entries from the first game and ctrl+f for "family".
Olimar concludes that the Dimensional Slicer can.
Do we see the evidence he bases the conclusion on, and if not, does WoG state that it's correct?
But if he got a concussion, he would be seen being treated.
Unless he didn't recover properly. Either way, he could be recovering offscreen every night.
Multiple Pikmin would stack up to nullify the motion of the bullet.
Bullets can pierce multiple plants.
I've disproved all of those claims.
Then we'll discuss this in the sections where they're being "disproven".
The information in Olimar's journal isn't made for selling things, so it isn't deceptive marketing.
The sales pitch also says this. We know that the sales pitches are often deceptive marketing, so we can assume that the information is false, based on the track record and other factors such as the knife being otherwise unremarkable. The journal entries are also wrong, since they say the same thing as the sales pitch.

Speculation here, but Olimar could also be using the journal to market these products in some way, or he could just be so good at deceptive marketing that he deceived himself. :p
End of the game.
Then he had plenty of time on the planet.
Yes. And during the acquiring of the knife, too.
It might not have worn off yet. Not sure, though.
Though, Olimar takes it as silly.
And it's not, so his perception is faulty.
Every playthrough would have those reliefs.
The amount of them depends on the playthrough.
When do we see him long?
In his journal entries from the previous game.
Depression causes physical pain, but Olimar doesn't take damage from nothing unless hit.
Pain =/= damage.
Depression causes anger, yet Olimar seems rather calm.
He could be masking it, or simply not be experiencing this particular symptom.
Depression causes reckless behavior, but Olimar doesn't behave recklessly.
He throws tens of tiny plant people at savage monsters, likely to their doom.
We don't see the symptoms of anxiety either.
Such as?
Nets can't catch energy.
Who said anything about a net?
The forcefield would disappear, and Kirby would escape.
Why would it disappear?
Kirby would teleport diagonally from it, I mean. Can the black holes suck up things diagonally?
I don't see why direction would be an issue. The black holes in Galaxy work from any angle, if that's what you mean.
By resisting the pull and walking/flying out. Same thing he does with the Schwarz' black hole.
Schwarz =/= Mario black hole.
But not individually.
They wouldn't need to here/
They only go to a spot once, and the Lumas don't move around a lot in the observatory.
It's consistent throughout multiple playthroughs, and they never crash into the Observatory. If you watch the Lumas in the hub world, they'll float around from place to place on a regular basis.
None of the Lumas are flying after being transformed in this scenario.
Why not?
How quickly.
He can move at FTL speeds, so that should give you some idea.
It does not.
Then how do they explode due to Sonic's attacks?
Not always.
The car moves in the process of exploding, whether it's making a dent to cause it or the car getting torn apart as a result of the explosion.
When does he demonstrate this reaction time?
When can Sonic move at 3x the speed of light?
When he boosts. Dryn and I had a discussion on this; ctrl+f "SPD" on the previous page and you should find it.
Virtually anything he does after teleporting would be negated by Falchion.
Falchion is gone.
Time freezing doesn't last forever.
It lasts long enough.
Then he starts walking on two legs again.
I fail to see how this actually affects anything.
If he walks on all fours, that's due to his body and not his personality, so it doesn't disprove my point. If he walks on two legs, nothing is changed in that regard, and neither arguments are disproven by Sonic's walking.
So would regular Sonic howl randomly?
He doesn't, because his regular body doesn't howl.
When he roars.
That's not his personality.
The edge of the car.
Which he is nowhere near.
When Sonic freezes time, the resistance of objects still applies, so that would mean the air molecules aren't separately unfrozen.
So if the resistance is applied, why does air act as it normally does? If Sonic couldn't move things while time was frozen, he wouldn't be able to move or even breathe.
Everything gets in the way of the Power Bomb, because it doesn't move through things.
It moves through foes, and IIRC it can pass through walls etc it doesn't destroy.
Wouldn't Samus be the one doing that?
Samus essentially tells the ship "drop bombs here" and the ship automatically comes to that location, drops the bombs, and goes back to its original position, all without Samus being in the ship.
That is with the resistance of the rock. The resistance of Reflect Force/Reflect Guard never show up when it reflects things.
If Kirby isn't being damaged by the attacks, it would seem that the techniques are resisting the attacks.
It is touching something that reflects projectiles that touch it. It can't get through if it is going the other way.
Has it reflected an explosion with that force before?
That would destroy a building at most. Most of these guys are much more powerful than a building.
Power =/= durability.
The ship backs it up by explaining what happens/happened, and expressions show what happened.
The ship has a personality, making it no more reliable than Olimar (not to mention its track record with the sales pitches). Expressions from a character don't prove anything in this case.
Most of the pitches are true.
And the more outlandish ones often aren't. The knife's claim is outlandish.
Magolor was trying to win. Obviously, he would use the most powerful attack he could.
Did it destroy anything else?
How so? They depict the conclusion of the story (unless there's post-credits happenings).
Then Kirby survived attacks from the Master Crown, so he could survive Samus' attacks.
See above.
How are the abilities more powerful than Kirby's? Kirby's attacks generate thousands of pounds of force.
prove it.
Furthermore, Mirror Kirby would just reflect most (if not all) of those things back, so Samus would defeat herself in a way.
Has it reflected attacks of this power, scale, force, etc?
No, they don't. Real black holes cause spaghettification. These don't. Real black holes don't lack distortion. Schwarz does. Etc, etc.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
After reading most of this I would consider my personal canon tier list to be as follows:

S-tier
Kirby
Meta knight
Shulk
King Dedede
Mewtwo

A-tier
Greninja
Charizard
Lucario
Ganon
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Rosalina and lumas
Pikachu
Ness

B-tier
Sonic
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Dark Pit
Pit
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Jiggilypuff
Palutina
Yoshi

C-tier
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Mario
Wario
Link
Toon Link
Shiek
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Peach

D-tier
Mega Man
Fox
Falco
Robin
Ike
Marth
Lucina
Pac-man

E-tier
Duck Hunt
Little Mac
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Mii Sword fighter
Wii Fit Trainer
Mr. Game and Watch
Villiger

F-tier
R.O.B
Olimar

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
Well, that just goes to show how little I know about those franchises. :p

@Nerdicon @ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons @ShadowLBlue
We can't have you going around misinformed, can we?

Don’t forget to include wetlands (Satorl Marsh?) and city terrain.

Maybe Marx only got launched because NOVA was close enough to crash into? Marx Soul doesn’t have anything he can damage by being launched so they don‘t show the launch.

After reading most of this I would consider my personal canon tier list to be as follows:

S-tier
Kirby
Meta knight
Shulk
King Dedede
Mewtwo

A-tier
Greninja
Charizard
Lucario
Ganon
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Rosalina and lumas
Pikachu
Ness

B-tier
Sonic
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Dark Pit
Pit
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Jiggilypuff
Palutina
Yoshi

C-tier
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Mario
Wario
Link
Toon Link
Shiek
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Peach

D-tier
Mega Man
Fox
Falco
Robin
Ike
Marth
Lucina
Pac-man

E-tier
Duck Hunt
Little Mac
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Mii Sword fighter
Wii Fit Trainer
Mr. Game and Watch
Villiger

F-tier
R.O.B
Olimar
@ monzer monzer I disagree. Reasons are:
  • King Dedede is too high (He doesn’t even have a warp star).
  • The Pokemon are pretty poor due to being unable to severely injure normal civilians (Mewtwo being an exception).
  • Bowser and son are too high as well (they fall to Mario, who isn‘t that strong on this list).
  • The Links should be higher thanks to all the tools and abilities they have (magic armor in particular).
  • Why are Zelda and Sheik higher than the Fire Emblem cast when she has so little combat experience.
  • Fox and Falco should be much higher due to the Arwings and Landmaster.
  • The Fire Emblem cast should be much higher due to their assorted strengths.
  • Marth has the Falchion, Lifesphere, and Darksphere which all make hurting him let alone killing him immensely difficult and he has the Geosphere which sounds like a 3 use POW block that hits everything over an entire battlefield.
  • Ike has Ragnell which is a sword that can launch shockwaves that can reach as far as a arrow can fly and skills like Nihil, Vantage and Corrosion (which can destroy weapons outright) amongst others.
  • Robin has access to Horse, Wyverns, Griffins and Pegasi (female Robin only) to aid his mobility and can use all manner of weaponry including life draining dark tomes, siege tomes (which have the range of artillery) and even potent holy tomes for people like Ganondorf. Robin also gets an assortment of skills including Renewal (regeneration), the “breaker” line of skills, Miracle (allows him to survive fatal blows), and Lethality (Instantly kills the enemy). You should treat both genders of Robin differently because they have different capabilities, such as female Robin’s ability to ride Pegasi and how male Robin can learn Counter (returns all damage he sustains to his attacker).
  • Lucina’s capabilities are similar to female Robin except she is slightly better statistically and also gets Aether and Rightful King.
  • Mii Gunner can be a bit higher as well due to having missiles and such

@ Munomario777 Munomario777 Not all gods have the same level of power. For example The Golden Goddesses have to intentionally flood the land of Hyrule but Ashunera floods the world of Tellius by accident.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Says who? It's the same cut-scene from the end of the battle to the end of the game.

Not really, if Master Crown can kill Kirby.

How are the abilities more powerful than Kirby's? Kirby's attacks generate thousands of pounds of force. Furthermore, Mirror Kirby would just reflect most (if not all) of those things back, so Samus would defeat herself in a way.
That's not true. Your three examples are Octacon, Hardy, and Marx. Octacon is from Kirby: Right Back at Ya! in the first episode. As you can see, Kirby's fireball takes 9.5 seconds before Octacon is launched, and even then, there's at least an additional 2 seconds while Octacon is being pushed from the fireball produced by Kirby. Does Kirby's fireball ability actually behave this way in-game? No. Considering Kirby's first media was a video game, the games will take precedence.

Next is Hardy. He appears in The Dental Dilemma. The tornado launches Hardy up into the sky. Perhaps he flew right into space, since we see that shining star at the end, but who knows? That's not always the case, as we can see Team Rocket consistently does this in Pokémon. That's not evidence any force in the thousands range, either. And again, we know that this isn't how things work in the games, and since the games take precedence, being the original media, I'd find these examples in the anime dubious.

Finally, there's Marx. This takes place in one of the video games. Considering Kirby doesn't cause this to occur consistently against other weaker enemies (and we'd expect it to happen to them as well), I see no reason to think Kirby's attacks even reach the thousands pound-force range. Even if such were the case, I don't see how Kirby could even do anything to Samus in the first place. Furthermore, even if his attacks were this powerful, it's not like he himself is durable enough to withstand such forces.

It is the damage he takes from attacks. He only dies once his health is reduced by the attacks. It wouldn't mean durability, but it would measure all damage he takes to determine the point when he dies.
The same can be said of any character on the roster. Even if we assume this is the case, I don't see it moving Kirby up on the roster.

That says nothing. They don't look or act like black holes. Even if we assumed they were both black holes, the ones from Super Mario Galaxy have a better showcasing, considering their suction reaches farther than the black holes themselves and they cannot be escaped. Schwarz isn't as impressive in behaving like a black hole and can be easily escaped.

When he boosts. Dryn and I had a discussion on this; ctrl+f "SPD" on the previous page and you should find it.
I didn't bother continuing with this. I still find it dubious.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
King Dedede is too high (He doesn’t even have a warp star).
The Pokemon are pretty poor due to being unable to severely injure normal civilians (Mewtwo being an exception).
Bowser and son are too high as well (they fall to Mario, who isn‘t that strong on this list).
The Links should be higher thanks to all the tools and abilities they have (magic armor in particular).
Why are Zelda and Sheik higher than the Fire Emblem cast when she has so little combat experience.
Fox and Falco should be much higher due to the Arwings and Landmaster.
The Fire Emblem cast should be much higher due to their assorted strengths.
Marth has the Falchion, Lifesphere, and Darksphere which all make hurting him let alone killing him immensely difficult and he has the Geosphere which sounds like a 3 use POW block that hits everything over an entire battlefield.
Ike has Ragnell which is a sword that can launch shockwaves that can reach as far as a arrow can fly and skills like Nihil, Vantage and Corrosion (which can destroy weapons outright) amongst others.
Robin has access to Horse, Wyverns, Griffins and Pegasi (female Robin only) to aid his mobility and can use all manner of weaponry including life draining dark tomes, siege tomes (which have the range of artillery) and even potent holy tomes for people like Ganondorf. Robin also gets an assortment of skills including Renewal (regeneration), the “breaker” line of skills, Miracle (allows him to survive fatal blows), and Lethality (Instantly kills the enemy). You should treat both genders of Robin differently because they have different capabilities, such as female Robin’s ability to ride Pegasi and how male Robin can learn Counter (returns all damage he sustains to his attacker).
Lucina’s capabilities are similar to female Robin except she is slightly better statistically and also gets Aether and Rightful King.
Mii Gunner can be a bit higher as well due to having missiles and such

Arceus is the Pokemon God and thoose Pokemon are actually pretty close to thier power. The anime is not canon and it is never implied in the game that Pokemon can't hurt people.King Dedede has been shown to ride a warp star in Dededetour. Mario only beats bowser and bowser JR. because you play as Mario and there are always conveniently places things that can hit bowser. The air wings and landmaster would be destroyed pretty quickly since they are only as durable as a normal plane or tank. Mii gunner, despise having missles, still isn't much stronger than an average human.

I am going to look in to how strong the Fire Emblem cast is though.

I don't think we even need to have an arena at all. We should just look at all the character's abilities and strengths.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
We can't have you going around misinformed, can we?
Well, at least not telling people said misinformation as fact. :p
Don’t forget to include wetlands (Satorl Marsh?) and city terrain.
True.
Maybe Marx only got launched because NOVA was close enough to crash into? Marx Soul doesn’t have anything he can damage by being launched so they don‘t show the launch.
That's not a very logical in-universe reason.
King Dedede is too high (He doesn’t even have a warp star).
The Pokemon are pretty poor due to being unable to severely injure normal civilians (Mewtwo being an exception).
Bowser and son are too high as well (they fall to Mario, who isn‘t that strong on this list).
The Links should be higher thanks to all the tools and abilities they have (magic armor in particular).
Why are Zelda and Sheik higher than the Fire Emblem cast when she has so little combat experience.
Fox and Falco should be much higher due to the Arwings and Landmaster.
The Fire Emblem cast should be much higher due to their assorted strengths.
Marth has the Falchion, Lifesphere, and Darksphere which all make hurting him let alone killing him immensely difficult and he has the Geosphere which sounds like a 3 use POW block that hits everything over an entire battlefield.
Ike has Ragnell which is a sword that can launch shockwaves that can reach as far as a arrow can fly and skills like Nihil, Vantage and Corrosion (which can destroy weapons outright) amongst others.
Robin has access to Horse, Wyverns, Griffins and Pegasi (female Robin only) to aid his mobility and can use all manner of weaponry including life draining dark tomes, siege tomes (which have the range of artillery) and even potent holy tomes for people like Ganondorf. Robin also gets an assortment of skills including Renewal (regeneration), the “breaker” line of skills, Miracle (allows him to survive fatal blows), and Lethality (Instantly kills the enemy). You should treat both genders of Robin differently because they have different capabilities, such as female Robin’s ability to ride Pegasi and how male Robin can learn Counter (returns all damage he sustains to his attacker).
Lucina’s capabilities are similar to female Robin except she is slightly better statistically and also gets Aether and Rightful King.
Mii Gunner can be a bit higher as well due to having missiles and such
Yeah, not to mention Sonic's position.
@ Munomario777 Munomario777 Not all gods have the same level of power. For example The Golden Goddesses have to intentionally flood the land of Hyrule but Ashunera floods the world of Tellius by accident.
Right; I'm talking about the deity attacks in Sonic games.
Arceus is the Pokemon God and thoose Pokemon are actually pretty close to thier power.
Being described as a deity is meaningless. If Arceus really was all-powerful, he would be able to escape from his Pokeball.
The anime is not canon and it is never implied in the game that Pokemon can't hurt people.
A) The anime is canon, but the games take precedence.
B) I'd imagine that humans surviving Pokemon attacks is more an attribute of those specific humans. After all, they are apparently Pokemon in a sense.
King Dedede has been shown to ride a warp star in Dededetour.
So, what else makes Dedede top tier?
Mario only beats bowser and bowser JR. because you play as Mario and there are always conveniently places things that can hit bowser.
Fire Mario can defeat Bowser without using the bridge collapsing etc, and Mario beats Bowser Jr. in his Clown Car multiple times on just a flat platform; see the boss battle in NSMBU.
The air wings and landmaster would be destroyed pretty quickly since they are only as durable as a normal plane or tank.
They seem to take laser blasts better than a plane or tank.
Mii gunner, despise having missles, still isn't much stronger than an average human.
I just treat the Mii Fighters as one entity personally, and use things from Wii Sports and the like.
I recommend you do the same for Sonic. I have a list of abilities for him that I made a while back; I might update it in the near future, possibly today. It's on page 88 if you're interested before then.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
As promised, here's the new guide to Sonic's abilities and all!
Sonic's feats, powers, and abilities:

Speed
Sonic's most notable, consistent, and famous trait is, of course, his superhuman (or superhedgehog, as it were) speed. As his name implies, Sonic is able to run faster than the speed of sound. Additionally, in the Sonic Adventure DX manual, he is stated to be "the world's fastest, hypersonic hedgehog," "hypersonic" being speeds ranging from 3,840 mph to 7,680 mph. In fact, in Sonic Unleashed, Sonic is at his fastest. The checkpoints in that game record Sonic's current speed. The Light Speed Dash clocks in at 396 SPD, whereas Sonic's boost speed is around 1200 SPD. This means that Sonic can move at speeds surpassing three times light speed! Sonic's speed allows him to scale vertical surfaces as well as wall-run horizontally, and he can also run on the surface of water. Sonic can also run as fast backwards as he can forwards. Despite this speed, however, he can turn very sharply at top speed, and almost never misses his target, since he has reflexes to match his speed. The Drift and the Quick Step can also help him maneuver at high speed. His super speed has other applications besides movement as well. For instance, Sonic can heal himself by vibrating his molecules very quickly, he can create shockwaves, and he can create an Insta-Shield made of speed energy for a split second to pierce enemy defenses.

Physical Abilities
In addition to his super speed, Sonic also possesses a great amount of agility, being able to dodge nearly anything thrown at him. He can jump several hundred feet in the air, and possesses many jumping techniques, such as a short hop, Spin Jump, Wall Jump, Triangle Jump, double jump, and more midair techniques. He also has great control over his movement, able to dodge attacks swiftly and gracefully despite their incoming speed and his own current velocity. While he may not be quite as physically strong as his friend Knuckles, Sonic still possesses some degree of superhuman strength. He can push large objects with ease, and he can lift objects much larger than he is while still running at top speed. His Spin attacks are also very powerful, but they'll be getting their own section. Most of his physical attacks involve kicks rather than punches, since his legs are where his true power lies, between his kicks and his running. For instance, the Stomp can crush many surfaces and defeat many foes, and in Sonic Adventure 2, he was able to topple the huge Egg Golem with just one kick. In addition, Sonic has been shown to be able to tough it through many dangers. He can survive crossfire from all angles, he can smash through several robots with his fist without showing any signs of pain, and most impressively, he can survive atmospheric reentry, doing so on many occasions throughout the series. He also possesses a great amount of willpower, shown in Sonic Unleashed when he keeps his head when under Dark Gaia's influence; this influence normally causes people to have negative emotions, which in turn powers up Dark Gaia. In addition, he resisted mind controlling in Sonic Chronicles. This was with the assistance of a special Chaos Emerald, but seeing as how he has all seven here, this should be easy to replicate. This willpower also allows Sonic to keep fighting even when the situation seems bleak and hopeless, and even if he does somehow get mind controlled, it's safe to say that he will do everything in his power to get his head back. Contrary to popular belief, Sonic can actually swim by using his Spin Jump repeatedly in water, but he still can't breathe while submerged, needing to come up for air eventually (unless using certain power-ups listed below).

Techniques and Moves/Miscellaneous
Besides his running speed, Sonic's signature technique is his ability to curl up into a spiky, spinning ball to attack opponents. In Sonic Heroes, this attack can break through the entire Egg Fleet without even moving at the speed of sound. He can perform this attack when jumping, rolling along the ground, homing in on enemies with the Homing Attack, rocketing downward and bouncing off the ground with the Bounce Bracelet, and revving up with the Spin Dash, allowing him to rocket off at top speed from a standstill. The Spin Attack also allows him to burrow through the ground, depending on how soft it is. The Light Speed Dash has him him dashing along a line of Rings at light speed while defying gravity, and the Light Speed Attack combines this with the Homing Attack to create an extremely powerful strike. The Blue Tornado has him running in circles and creating a whirlwind to throw opponents, defenses, or weapons into the air, and he can concentrate this wind into a blade to fire at his opponents with the Sonic Wind. The Boost allows him to create a blue aura of pure speed (or wind, whatever floats your boat) to blast through opponents at top speed without taking any damage, and as stated above, this move far surpasses light speed. This move can also be used in midair, allowing him to rocket forward without even touching the ground. Sonic can also apparently control how hard his quills are, since they appear sort of floppy normally, but in his spinball form, they're razor-sharp. This is also demonstrated in his Up Smash in Smash Brothers. His quills can also sense danger, as shown in Sonic and the Secret Rings. Sonic is also very skilled at riding Extreme Gear (super-fast hoverboards), taking on the world's champion in the field, and then even defeating Metal Sonic, who had copied all the data, skills, and techniques from the top Extreme Gear riders in the world. He can also transfer his speed to other objects, shown when he propels mining platforms forward in Sonic Generations's Planet Wisp stage; this didn't require Sonic to move or even expel any energy. Sonic has also been shown to be extremely skilled at swordfighting, defeating the Knights of the Round Table and even King Arthur himself in Sonic and the Black Knight when wielding the legendary sword Caliburn (which later becomes Excalibur). He is also extremely adaptable to any situation, as he was already that talented at swordplay, Extreme Gear riding, and more from the first time he used them. This means that even if Sonic's abilities are changed, it's safe to assume that he'd be able to grasp them in a snap and use them to their full potential.

Items/Power-ups
Sonic's first power-ups are the Shields. The basic Shield allows him to take an extra hit that would normally prove fatal, but he also has the Elemental Shields, which block a hit like the normal one does, but with added bonuses. The Bubble Shield grants Sonic a bounce attack and lets him breathe underwater, as well as deflecting minor projectiles. The Electric Shield allows Sonic to double jump, blocks small projectiles, and negates electric attacks, but goes away upon contact with water. The Fire Shield gives Sonic a midair dash attack and protects him from fire attacks, but can't touch water without being extinguished.

In Sonic 2006, Sonic obtains special shoes called the Custom Shoes at the beginning of the game. He can then buy upgrades for these special shoes known as Gems (not to be confused with the Chaos Emeralds, which I'll get into later on), of which there are eight. These Gems grant Sonic different abilities, listed below:
- The Blue Gem gives Sonic a speed boost that allows Sonic to reach top speed instantly
- The Green Gem creates a tornado that can be used to attack enemies
- The Purple Gem shrinks Sonic, allowing him to slip through tight areas, as well as jump infinitely
- The Red Gem slows down time, useful for sneaking past enemies in combination to Sonic's natural speed
- The Sky Gem can be thrown, and when it lands, it draws Sonic towards it like a tractor beam
- The White Gem allows Sonic to levitate in place in mid-air to control his direction more easily and enhance his Homing Attack
- The Yellow Gem gives Sonic a Thunder Shield, but without a double-jump
- A mysterious eighth "Rainbow Gem" from the beta versions of the game, the purpose of which is unknown; it likely allowed Sonic to enter his Super form

In addition, the alien power-ups known as Wisps from Sonic Colors grant him different one-time-use Color Power transformations, such as:
- A laser that can pierce through enemies and obstacles, as well as bouncing off surfaces
- A drill that can burrow through soft material and damage enemies/obstacles, as well as giving better underwater mobility and underwater breath
- A rocket that can shoot up into the sky, as well as breaking obstacles and harming enemies
- A spiked ball that can cling onto walls/ceilings, as well as breaking obstacles and harming enemies
- A cube that sends out a shockwave that damages enemies and obstacles, as well as toggling blue rings/blocks
- A hovering green thing that can fly through the air, as well as harm enemies
- A nightmarish giant chomping head thing that grows in size when it eats things, such as obstacles and enemies
- A black hole that can fly, as well as sucking in obstacles and enemies
- A fireball that can fly with explosions, as well as blowing up obstacles and enemies
- A different black hole that creates an asteroid belt with the enemies and obstacles it sucks up, as well as jumping higher with a bigger belt
- An eagle that can soar through the skies, as well as attacking obstacles and enemies
- A music note that can... flop around. (And damage obstacles and enemies! :D)
- A lightning bolt that can move very quickly and travel through conductive substances, as well as attacking obstacles and enemies
- An iron ball that can climb walls, as well as creating shockwaves when it lands, damaging obstacles and enemies
- A bomb that can explode on obstacles and enemies

Now, this is where he really starts to get impressive.

Chaos Powers
The seven Chaos Emeralds are the most powerful artifacts in the Sonic universe, containing ultimate power when combined. Luckily for Sonic, he has access to all seven of them. Using these gems, he can freeze time, slow down time, teleport, and use other Chaos Powers. However, these all pale in comparison to Sonic's ultimate transformation:

Super Sonic Style!
Combining all of the Chaos Emeralds along with fifty Rings (of which he can hold up to 9,999), Sonic can transform into Super Sonic, turning golden and gaining a golden aura. He gains the ability to fly, becomes practically invincible (except to crushing, drowning, and falling into bottomless pits), and becomes even faster. Sonic can jump higher, has increased reflexes to match his increased speed, and becomes much stronger, being able to smash through robots, barriers, and space fleets with his face! He also possesses a reflective shield, waves of destructive golden energy, and the Super Sonic Boost, which is similar to the regular Boost, but faster and more powerful. Of course, this form also allows Sonic to use the aforementioned Chaos Powers, since both use the Chaos Emeralds. The only real limitation to this form is the fact that Sonic needs Rings to maintain this form, and it drains one Ring every second he remains in the transformation. However, as mentioned above, Sonic's maximum Ring count is 9,999 Rings, which would allow him to stay in this form for about two and a half hours. This is plenty for someone of Sonic's speed to finish a battle. Even if he runs out of Rings before the battle is over, he still has numerous backup transformations, such as:
- Hyper Sonic, obtained by harnessing the power of the Super Emeralds (Chaos Emeralds + Master Emerald) and 50 Rings. Basically Super Sonic, but with even further enhanced abilities, a screen nuke, and a seizure-inducing color palette. Used sparingly.
- Darkspine Sonic, obtained by harnessing the World Rings of rage, hatred, and sadness. Grants flight, greater strength, unlimited Soul Gauge powers (which are increased speed with Speed Break and slowing down time with Time Break), and pyrokinetic abilities.
- Excalibur Sonic, obtained using the power of the four sacred swords. Grants flight, a golden suit of armor, a red cape, and the ability to wield the legendary sword Excalibur.
- Sonic the Werehog, induced by Dark Gaia's negative energy. Loses his trademark speed, but retains his agility and gains super strength, stretchy arms, and limited energy manipulation.
- The aforementioned Color Powers granted by the Wisps.

All in all, with his speed, agility, strength, willpower, and the power of the Chaos Emeralds to top it all off, Sonic is truly a force to be reckoned with, able to adapt to almost any situation thrown at him. However, he rarely shows his true potential except when he's in truly dire situations. As said by the Blue Blur himself, "An adventure's no fun if it's too easy!"

Feats
- Defeated several god monsters, such as Dark Gaia, Solaris, the Time Eater, the Biolizard (AKA the ultimate life form), and even singlehandedly defeated Perfect Chaos, which harnessed the power of the Chaos Emeralds, without even using Super Sonic
- Foiled nearly all of Dr. Robotnik/Eggman's plans, from enslaving five entire planets with a space amusement park in order to mind control the world to erasing time and space itself
- Won the Extreme Gear tournaments and even defeated a robot which harnessed the skills of the world's top Gear riders
- Defeated King Arthur himself at swordfighting
- Defeated Ultimate Emerl, who had the abilities of every character in the game as well as the raw power of all seven Chaos Emeralds, in his normal form
- Travelled through time on multiple occasions
- A bunch of stuff that I'm probably forgetting

Source
The Sonic News Network (Sonic Wiki)

TL;DR
Sonic is three times faster than light, agile, strong, invincible for up to two and a half hours, can freeze time, teleport, shred through practically anything with his spinball form, resist mind control, and a whole bunch of other stuff. So yeah.​

Last edited:

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
Arceus is the Pokemon God and those Pokemon are actually pretty close to their power. The anime is not canon and it is never implied in the game that Pokemon can't hurt people.King Dedede has been shown to ride a warp star in Dededetour. Mario only beats bowser and bowser JR. because you play as Mario and there are always conveniently places things that can hit bowser. The air wings and landmaster would be destroyed pretty quickly since they are only as durable as a normal plane or tank. Mii gunner, despise having missiles, still isn't much stronger than an average human.

I don't think we even need to have an arena at all. We should just look at all the character's abilities and strengths.
@ monzer monzer

The anime for Pokemon and Kirby are being used in a supplementary role.

The Arwings and Landmaster have G-Diffuser shields which make them far more durable than your average fighter-bomber and tank.

Don’t forget to check the classes they can belong to and the skills they can get.

We don’t have a wide enough variety of posters to vouch for everyone in Smash, so we are still coming to grips with everyone's capabilities.

It seems like your unfamiliar with quoting posts, so you might want to check this http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smashboards-user-guide-v2-0.352997/ and experiment with all the features in the reply section to get up to speed. Don't be afraid to ask the other posters for help.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Ok so after looking the responses to my tier list by the posters here and some of my friends I'm going to analyze the filling characters.

Everyone from fire emblem
Fix and falco
Link
Sonic
And finally mega man.

I don't know much about these characters so it may take some time to determine how strong they will be.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
One thing I notised about link is that not all links are the same power, since thier are multiple versions of link, so i feel like those differt versions deserve to be in differnt spots on the tier list. I can't really find any real source that says whit he links are the most powerful, does anyone have any information about that.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
One thing I notised about link is that not all links are the same power, since thier are multiple versions of link, so i feel like those differt versions deserve to be in differnt spots on the tier list. I can't really find any real source that says whit he links are the most powerful, does anyone have any information about that.
We're using a "composite" version of Link; he gets abilities, items, etc from each incarnation. They are very different of course, but we use a composite version A) because it's technically the same spirit or whatever, B) so that all games are included, and C) to make things simpler.

As for which Link is the strongest, there's a decent Game Theory episode on it if you're interested.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
@ monzer monzer , the incarnation most adept at magic use would be Link from A Link to the Past. The only issue is magic consumption, even when it's halved. The physically strongest incarnation with item enhancements is Link from Ocarina of Time. Without strength enhancements, the strongest is probably from Twilight Princess. Link from Majora's Mask may be the best swordsman, but then again, his techniques are given to TP Link and he's not the only one with excellent swordplay. The incarnation with the most durable shield is Link from Skyward Sword. Anyway, with respect to your tier list, Samus is too low. The match between Samus and Sonic is also not easily determined. Sonic is too low as well. Here's a few things about Samus.

Physical strength
  • 177 metric tons
Speed
  • 30 m/s for outrunning a powder avalanche, which travels 25 m/s on a low-end.
  • The varia suit in Metroid II: Return of Samus increases Samus' speed by 10%, giving her a speed of 33 m/s.
  • The speed booster allows Samus to run 686 m/s.
Durability
  • Immune to temperatures ranging up to 800°C and at least at -270.15°C.
  • Taking Samus' mass and suit mass into consideration (190.99 kg.), as well as her top speed (686 m/s), she can withstand 131,019.14 N (14.73 tons-force).
  • Immune to acid and acid rain possibly affected by Phazon, which would make it more potent.
Beams
  • Capable of firing energy, possibly x-rays, ice, plasma, electrolasers, matter-antimatter with a high-powered sonic aspect, &c.
Bombs
  • Bombs are capable of destroying sandstone, and the power bomb has a yield of at least 200+ metric tons of TNT.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Cities can be seen from space.
We didn't see the cities of Popstar, however.
Even so, we clearly see the unscathed surface near the end of the credits sequence.
Credits aren't entirely accurate.
When he says that the knife is an object that cuts space and time.
Done by observation, not comparison.
By blocking the attacks that cause the damage.
The thing that actually does this is energy around Mario that was generated by the Starman. Energy like this can't block attacks that well, as things go through them.
The plot is that Mewtwo is attempting to perform this feat, not him actually performing the feat.
The creators had Mewtwo as a powerful threat. That proves they were the truth when they said Mewtwo could destroy a planet.

Actually, Mewtwo was created by Giovanni as part of his plan for world domination, so that would mean Mewtwo can destroy planets.
Lasers have a cutting/burning effect. "Withstand" essentially means to come out unscathed. Mirrors are unscathed by the effect of lasers, which means that they resist the lasers.
If a mirror doesn't absorb the laser (which it doesn't), it doesn't resist the effect of the laser, and therefore doesn't resist the laser.
So Sonic loses about ten to fifteen Rings maximum, since that's what he loses when he's hut by deity attacks. I'm being generous here.
Mewtwo would attack again.
Your evidence is invalid, as it has been disproven.
How?
So, if Marx Soul is not much heavier, then why do the same attacks from Kirby not launch Marx Soul?
In the first battle, NOVA needed to be destroyed, so Kirby launched Marx into him. In the second battle, NOVA was already gone, so Kirby didn't need to launch him.
Jango Fett and Boba Fett from Star Wars, then. Or all of the Clone Troopers for that matter.
Jango and Boba are essentially the same when it comes to abilities. Same with the Clone Troopers.
I'd expect an explosion of that size to do so.
Not if it only destroyed buildings.
About half of it at most.
Which still adds up to a lot of force.
Adding upwards movement doesn't negate horizontal movement.
If someone throws a ball at you, and you hit it up, the horizontal movement is negated.
Not if they were squishy to the point that they would be flat. It would be in line with the rest of Kirby's anatomy.
Even if it was flat, we'd still be able to see a minor lump.
Yep.
You said that the explosion was more powerful because it hit an entire planet. I said that A) that's not how force works and B) a whole planet isn't even the target here.
LSA cannot destroy buildings, so it has less force.
That energy is dark and purple, whereas the explosion is almost entirely white.
There are dark purplish parts of the explosion that hit Kirby.
Can he take out multiple targets with one Star Spit?
Yes.
Also, isn't Kirby just reappearing from a teleport after this? He'd have to discard his Copy Ability first before he starts inhaling.
That wouldn't take very long.
Except it doesn't.
However, the fire beams from two flamethrowers (much closer to this situation) will cancel each out.
It's demonstrated in gameplay. If you try holding sideways during the tumble, you won't be able to influence Kirby's direction.
And how does that mean it was shock that paralyzed Kirby?
The "Mach 5" quote refers to the charging attack in the games. Is it stated/demonstrated that this and the technique used in the anime are one in the same?
He is seen using a move (Jet Dash) that can only be used at full speed in the games.
We don't see it do so, so we can't assume that it does.
We see a star right when he disappeared, so that would pretty much prove it.
I don't see it get launched into space.
Right after, we see the NME Salesman looking through a telescope and observing what happened.
Has it shown resistance to a golden fireball that turns things into gold?
We haven't seen it, but just because it's a "golden fireball that turns things into gold", that doesn't mean Stone doesn't work on it.
The Wing Cap is more of a glide, but it does allow quick, agile aerial movement. The Tanooki Suit lets Mario float up into the air and control his left and right movement extremely well, and the P variant allows for unlimited flight.
Kirby can just avoid Wing Mario by not jumping. Also, neither of those stack with Gold Mario, so it's not like Kirby would have to avoid Mario anyways.
Prove it.
At maximum speed, Kirby has turned. He demonstrates this when using "Jet Dive".
Wait, so Mega Stones aren't negated? Mega Stones cause a transformation, and so do Mario's power-ups.
Unless the power-ups greatly increase Mario's stats, it isn't logical to make a comparison. Especially since the Reveal Glass (a transformation item) can still be negated.
Not on its own. If you place a piece of cardboard under a spinning tire, it will simply send it flying.
Actually, I've come to realize that scissors can't cut cardboard.
Then why would Kirby be able to?
He wouldn't.
"Similarly [to Kirby's pinkness not being contradicted], nothing from lore/gameplay/cutscenes contradicts the Schwarz not being similar to our black holes."
Um, Kirby's pinkness is part of the artwork. Schwarz having differences from other black holes isn't part of the artwork. This isn't a valid comparison.
So, Kirby isn't pink?
He is, but that doesn't prove anything.
The Lumas turn into the galaxies, which contain black holes. It's demonstrated.
How does that mean the Lumas are actually black holes? A jar can contain pickles, but that doesn't mean the jar is a pickle.
They have the ability to turn into black holes.
You've yet to prove that.
I proved my point about PP by providing the evidence from the games, which I've already gone over.
What evidence?
"Balance" isn't a logical reason for a creature to evolve. It's a game mechanic.
When were we talking about evolution?
I asked why something was the case, and you said the thing that you're making an argument for. "X is true because X is the case."
Oh, right.
Sonic can go from standing still to spinning at high speeds in the blink of an eye and not even get a headache. I doubt slow spinning (it's limited to the speed of the twirl) would faze him.
Standing -> spinning forward ≠ standing -> spinning forward, backward, diagonal, and sideways randomly.
Since when is he high up in the air? The Drill Wisp is Sonic's counter to Kirby using Hypernova while lying on his back.
To clarify, he's laying on his back, on the Warp Star, high in the air, using Hypernova.
Not before Sonic freezes time.
Yes, before/during.
Kirby is too slow to inhale in time. He lacks the reaction time, and Sonic's turning ability would allow him to go right around the vortex if he somehow managed to initiate it in time.
Sonic would still have to go to Kirby to use the move, so Kirby would inhale during that.
Read the journal entries from the first game and ctrl+f for "family".
Those entries aren't about certain subjects, they're just about whatever. This entry is about the battery, meaning that, in this case, love has something to do with the battery.
Do we see the evidence he bases the conclusion on, and if not, does WoG state that it's correct?
We don't see the evidence, but the scanner (which provides info about the game) states that it is.
Unless he didn't recover properly. Either way, he could be recovering offscreen every night.
If he was recovering, he'd lose the concussion, and would no longer have the stress.
Bullets can pierce multiple plants.
A certain amount of Pikmin would reduce the force as it went through their bodies, preventing it from killing Olimar. Even if this didn't happen, Olimar could always stay safely inside his ship.
The sales pitch also says this. We know that the sales pitches are often deceptive marketing, so we can assume that the information is false, based on the track record and other factors such as the knife being otherwise unremarkable. The journal entries are also wrong, since they say the same thing as the sales pitch.
The sales pitch's claim is made due to deceptive marketing (possibly). Olimar's claim isn't. Two different sources are used, so saying that one of them is wrong doesn't mean that the other one is.
Speculation here, but Olimar could also be using the journal to market these products in some way, or he could just be so good at deceptive marketing that he deceived himself. :p
I doubt that.
Then he had plenty of time on the planet.
Plenty of time to destroy all his problems.
And it's not, so his perception is faulty.
Thinking that Louie isn't the King of Bugs when he is, is more sane than thinking that the Dimensional Slicer cuts through space and time when it doesn't.
The amount of them depends on the playthrough.
One treasure = one relief. Every playthrough has roughly the same amount of treasures.
In his journal entries from the previous game.
See above.
Pain =/= damage.
Hey, you accidentally put a slash in there.
He throws tens of tiny plant people at savage monsters, likely to their doom.
He did that beforehand, and the Pikmin volunteered to be thrown.
Shortness of breath, ability to be still, numbness.
Who said anything about a net?
That's what Rosalina used to catch the Star Bits.
Why would it disappear?
Rosalina is teleporting.
I don't see why direction would be an issue. The black holes in Galaxy work from any angle, if that's what you mean.
But not diagonally.

Schwarz =/= Mario black hole.
What's the difference, really?
They wouldn't need to here/
If they wanted to target anyone in particular, they would.
It's consistent throughout multiple playthroughs, and they never crash into the Observatory.
Multiple playthroughs are just reliving the same moment over and over.
If you watch the Lumas in the hub world, they'll float around from place to place on a regular basis.
These aren't high speeds.
Because they didn't eat Star Bits and transform.
He can move at FTL speeds, so that should give you some idea.
See below.
Then how do they explode due to Sonic's attacks?
Sonic hits them. That doesn't mean they move.
The car moves in the process of exploding, whether it's making a dent to cause it or the car getting torn apart as a result of the explosion.
The explosion would be created after the car is attacked, meaning it wouldn't be affected by the time freeze anyways.
When does he demonstrate this reaction time?
Sheathing the sword only takes about a second. What's the length for Blue Tornado?
He doesn't boost during Blue Tornado though.
Falchion is gone.
Marth picks it up again.
It lasts long enough.
Long enough for what, exactly?
I fail to see how this actually affects anything.

If he walks on all fours, that's due to his body and not his personality, so it doesn't disprove my point. If he walks on two legs, nothing is changed in that regard, and neither arguments are disproven by Sonic's walking.
True.
He doesn't, because his regular body doesn't howl.
Sonic the Werehog's body doesn't howl either; Sonic the Werehog does.
That's not his personality.
Then why does he do it?
So if the resistance is applied, why does air act as it normally does? If Sonic couldn't move things while time was frozen, he wouldn't be able to move or even breathe.
Sonic can go without breathing, he runs at high speeds all the time. Even if things did move when time was frozen, that wouldn't be Sonic; that would be Chaos Control.
It moves through foes, and IIRC it can pass through walls etc it doesn't destroy.
Is the blast bigger than the Gunship? If not, it wouldn't pass through. Show where the Power Bomb passes through walls.
Samus essentially tells the ship "drop bombs here" and the ship automatically comes to that location, drops the bombs, and goes back to its original position, all without Samus being in the ship.
That would be Samus commanding the ship. She couldn't do that and drop Power Bombs at the same time, so Kirby has an easy escape.
If Kirby isn't being damaged by the attacks, it would seem that the techniques are resisting the attacks.
He isn't damaged because the guards don't absorb the damage from the blast. If the guards did absorb the damage, there wouldn't be any damage once the projectile was reflected.
Has it reflected an explosion with that force before?
No, but force doesn't have anything to do with anything here.
Power =/= durability.
Correct, but I never said it was. If Mario is high on the tier list because he can destroy a building, everyone else should be higher because they can destroy even more.
The ship has a personality, making it no more reliable than Olimar (not to mention its track record with the sales pitches).
Olimar is reliable in the first place.
Expressions from a character don't prove anything in this case.
And why not?
And the more outlandish ones often aren't. The knife's claim is outlandish.
Eh.
Did it destroy anything else?
No, because it only hit Kirby and company.
How so? They depict the conclusion of the story (unless there's post-credits happenings).
Actually, they depict who worked on the game.
prove it.
They launched Marx into space.
Has it reflected attacks of this power, scale, force, etc?
See above.
Says who? It's the same cut-scene from the end of the battle to the end of the game.
It's a different cutscene.
Not really, if Master Crown can kill Kirby.
Enough of Samus' attacks could kill Kirby, but just one of them won't.
That's not true. Your three examples are Octacon, Hardy, and Marx. Octacon is from Kirby: Right Back at Ya! in the first episode. As you can see, Kirby's fireball takes 9.5 seconds before Octacon is launched, and even then, there's at least an additional 2 seconds while Octacon is being pushed from the fireball produced by Kirby. Does Kirby's fireball ability actually behave this way in-game? No. Considering Kirby's first media was a video game, the games will take precedence.
Fire Breath in both the games and the anime are streams of fire.
Next is Hardy. He appears in The Dental Dilemma. The tornado launches Hardy up into the sky. Perhaps he flew right into space, since we see that shining star at the end, but who knows? That's not always the case, as we can see Team Rocket consistently does this in Pokémon. That's not evidence any force in the thousands range, either. And again, we know that this isn't how things work in the games, and since the games take precedence, being the original media, I'd find these examples in the anime dubious.
There isn't anything in the games that says Kirby can't create tornadoes like that, so no contradiction.
Finally, there's Marx. This takes place in one of the video games. Considering Kirby doesn't cause this to occur consistently against other weaker enemies (and we'd expect it to happen to them as well), I see no reason to think Kirby's attacks even reach the thousands pound-force range. Even if such were the case, I don't see how Kirby could even do anything to Samus in the first place. Furthermore, even if his attacks were this powerful, it's not like he himself is durable enough to withstand such forces.
Other Kirby enemies are launched far as well. Can Samus survive thousands of pounds of force?

That says nothing. They don't look or act like black holes. Even if we assumed they were both black holes, the ones from Super Mario Galaxy have a better showcasing, considering their suction reaches farther than the black holes themselves and they cannot be escaped. Schwarz isn't as impressive in behaving like a black hole and can be easily escaped.
We don't really see the range of Schwarz' black hole, because it's a 2D game. The black hole being escapable suggests that Kirby is able to escape it, and my claim is supported because the hole is a OHKO.

S-tier
Kirby
Meta knight
Shulk
King Dedede
Mewtwo

A-tier
Greninja
Charizard
Lucario
Ganon
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Rosalina and lumas
Pikachu
Ness

B-tier
Sonic
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Dark Pit
Pit
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Jiggilypuff
Palutina
Yoshi

C-tier
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Mario
Wario
Link
Toon Link
Shiek
Captain Falcon
Zelda
Peach

D-tier
Mega Man
Fox
Falco
Robin
Ike
Marth
Lucina
Pac-man

E-tier
Duck Hunt
Little Mac
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Mii Sword fighter
Wii Fit Trainer
Mr. Game and Watch
Villiger

F-tier
R.O.B
Olimar
:marth::4megaman: are too low, and :bowser2::pikachu2::4bowserjr::charizard::4greninja::4drmario::lucario::yoshi2::jigglypuff::zerosuitsamus: are too high.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It's a different cutscene.
That really doesn't matter. It follows immediately afterwards showing the Dreamstock in full bloom once again. It's the same location and there's no signs of damage anywhere.

Enough of Samus' attacks could kill Kirby, but just one of them won't.
You're inflating Kirby's ability beyond what he's capable of surviving. Say Samus uses the wavebuster. That constant stream of electricity is going to kill Kirby and he won't be able to do anything about it because he'll be immobilized, just like the space pirates that are hit by it. Here, the wavebuster is so powerful, that even Meta Ridley gets stunned. This is a boss whose strength, speed, and durability have been enhanced through cybernetics. Kirby's smaller, so he has less mass, which means he won't be able to take the punishment.

Fire Breath in both the games and the anime are streams of fire.
Yes, but in the anime, it causes Octacon to fly, whereas the fire breath in the games do not.

There isn't anything in the games that says Kirby can't create tornadoes like that, so no contradiction.
Except, the games never portray Kirby's tornado ability to work that way. It's been consistent. It contradicts the anime.

Other Kirby enemies are launched far as well. Can Samus survive thousands of pounds of force?
Such as? How large are they? What attack is used? Before you ask me if Samus can survive thousands of pounds-force, you need to support your claim.

We don't really see the range of Schwarz' black hole, because it's a 2D game. The black hole being escapable suggests that Kirby is able to escape it, and my claim is supported because the hole is a OHKO.
I erred. We do see the range. It just doesn't do anything to Kirby until he comes in direct contact with it, which is what you'd only expect from a supermassive black hole.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
So after more researching, adding in the characters that wre in previous games, and the addition of a new a+ tier as a borderline between the A tier and the S tier I present to you my canon tier list 2.0

S-tier
Kirby
Meta knight
Shulk
King Dedede
Pokemon trainer

A+ tier
Mewtwo
Sonic
Samus

A-tier
Greninja
Charizard
Lucario
Ganondorf
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Rosalina and lumas
Ivysaur
Ness
Lukas

B-tier
Zero Suit Samus
Dark Pit
Pit
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Toon Link
The koopalings
Pikachu
Palutina
Link
Squirtle
Jiggilypuff
Pichu

C-tier
Yoshi
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Mario
Wario
Robin
Ike
Marth
Roy
Lucina
Shiek
Mega Man
Zelda
Peach

D-tier
Snake
Captain Falcon
Fox
Falco
Pac-man
Duck Hunt

E-tier
Ice climbers
Little Mac
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Mii Sword fighter
Mr. Game and Watch
Wii Fit Trainer
Villiger

F-tier
Olimar
R.O.B

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
We do in the credits.
Credits aren't entirely accurate.
What Dryn said.
Done by observation, not comparison.
We don't observe it.
The thing that actually does this is energy around Mario that was generated by the Starman. Energy like this can't block attacks that well, as things go through them.
Except it does.
The creators had Mewtwo as a powerful threat. That proves they were the truth when they said Mewtwo could destroy a planet.
"A powerful threat" doesn't equal "made to destroy a planet". Even if he was made to destroy a planet, that doesn't mean that it would work.
Actually, Mewtwo was created by Giovanni as part of his plan for world domination, so that would mean Mewtwo can destroy planets.
Destroying a world is counterproductive to dominating it.
If a mirror doesn't absorb the laser (which it doesn't), it doesn't resist the effect of the laser, and therefore doesn't resist the laser.
How does resisting the effect mean that it must absorb it?
Mewtwo would attack again.
Sonic has 9,999 Rings. Mewtwo's attacks are practically ineffective, especially when taking into account Sonic's speed.
Marx is clearly not being launched by the force of Kirby's attacks. They send him sideways, they don't launch anything else in that fashion (including Marx himself later on), etc.
In the first battle, NOVA needed to be destroyed, so Kirby launched Marx into him. In the second battle, NOVA was already gone, so Kirby didn't need to launch him.
So, why would the same attacks suddenly not launch Marx?
Jango and Boba are essentially the same when it comes to abilities. Same with the Clone Troopers.
Their equipment is different. That makes their abilities different. "So why does this apply to Meta Knight?" you may ask. Well, Meta Knight's powers mostly come from his equipment as well. The Galaxia sword is responsible for most of his attacks, the mask gives him durability, and his cape allows him to teleport as well as turning into his iconic bat wings. The equipment may look the same, but that's also the case for the Fetts; they just have a different paint job.
Not if it only destroyed buildings.
Which are unscathed in the credits.
Which still adds up to a lot of force.
Except it doesn't have any actual destructive force.
If someone throws a ball at you, and you hit it up, the horizontal movement is negated.
Hitting a ball up also negates the horizontal movement because of the technique. A baseball bat, for example, reverses the horizontal direction while sending the ball upwards. Kirby's flight, meanwhile, is only adding upwards movement. It's shown in the games that it doesn't negate horizontal momentum.
Even if it was flat, we'd still be able to see a minor lump.
Flat things aren't lumpy.
I don't see anything stating, implying, or showing that that's the only thing in there.
LSA cannot destroy buildings, so it has less force.
A buzzsaw travelling at light speed is sure to make quite a dent.
There are dark purplish parts of the explosion that hit Kirby.
I don't see any.
Even if they're surrounding him, and not lined up?
That wouldn't take very long.
It would take long enough for at least one of the fireballs to hit him.
However, the fire beams from two flamethrowers (much closer to this situation) will cancel each out.
Prove it.
And how does that mean it was shock that paralyzed Kirby?
He's shocked, and he can't move. When he stops being shocked, he can move.
He is seen using a move (Jet Dash) that can only be used at full speed in the games.
Is it stated to be the same technique, and do we see the same charging?
We see a star right when he disappeared, so that would pretty much prove it.
In that case, Team Rocket has been to orbit about a hundred and twenty-seven times now.
Right after, we see the NME Salesman looking through a telescope and observing what happened.
Telescopes aren't exclusive to stargazing.
We haven't seen it, but just because it's a "golden fireball that turns things into gold", that doesn't mean Stone doesn't work on it.
Said fireball works on bricks, which are similar to Stone Kirby. Unless we see Stone Kirby resist this type of thing, we go with the closest comparison in Mario.
Kirby can just avoid Wing Mario by not jumping.
Then it becomes a grounded battle and the Wing Cap is unnecessary.
Also, neither of those stack with Gold Mario, so it's not like Kirby would have to avoid Mario anyways.
The Wing Cap is only a hat; I don't see why Gold Mario couldn't wear it.
At maximum speed, Kirby has turned. He demonstrates this when using "Jet Dive".
Does he charge up beforehand?
Unless the power-ups greatly increase Mario's stats, it isn't logical to make a comparison. Especially since the Reveal Glass (a transformation item) can still be negated.
The Reveal Glass isn't really a "power-up"; more like a "power-side". It increases some stats and decreases others. Meanwhile, Mega Evolutions only increase stats. Similarly, power-ups only increase Mario's abilities. Mega Stones are clearly the more apt comparison.
Actually, I've come to realize that scissors can't cut cardboard.
Some can.
He wouldn't.
Exactly, so he can't squeeze under the Clown Car.
Um, Kirby's pinkness is part of the artwork. Schwarz having differences from other black holes isn't part of the artwork. This isn't a valid comparison.
Schwarz's lack of distortion is part of the artwork.
He is, but that doesn't prove anything.
The lack of distortion does.
How does that mean the Lumas are actually black holes? A jar can contain pickles, but that doesn't mean the jar is a pickle.
And if I turned into a jar full of pickles, that includes the pickles.
You've yet to prove that.
I have above. ^
What evidence?
Let's see. "PP" meaning "Power Points", attacks in Pokemon requiring energy, Pokemon not being able to use attacks without PP, etc. Plus, it's common knowledge; Bulbapedia also states this.
When were we talking about evolution?
Whoops, wrong term. I meant that "balance" isn't a logical reason for Pokemon to have limited energy. They're wild animals; they want to survive, not be fair.
Oh, right.
So, why are they separate?
Standing -> spinning forward ≠ standing -> spinning forward, backward, diagonal, and sideways randomly.
Is Kirby skilled enough with a baton to swing it in these directions that rapidly and sparatically?
To clarify, he's laying on his back, on the Warp Star, high in the air, using Hypernova.
Ah. Super Sonic just flies up from below through the Warp Star, then.
Yes, before/during.
How quickly can Kirby pick it up and activate it?
Sonic would still have to go to Kirby to use the move, so Kirby would inhale during that.
Prove that Kirby can react to an attack at 3x light speed.
Those entries aren't about certain subjects, they're just about whatever. This entry is about the battery, meaning that, in this case, love has something to do with the battery.
What entry are you talking about?
We don't see the evidence, but the scanner (which provides info about the game) states that it is.
You mean the ship's scanner?
If he was recovering, he'd lose the concussion, and would no longer have the stress.
He could have it from other sources.
A certain amount of Pikmin would reduce the force as it went through their bodies, preventing it from killing Olimar.
That would probably require a wall at least 25 Pikmin thick. Then he would only have four sides protected (100/25=4), and bullets could just hit the vulnerable spots.
Even if this didn't happen, Olimar could always stay safely inside his ship.
Which would then get shot down.
The sales pitch's claim is made due to deceptive marketing (possibly). Olimar's claim isn't. Two different sources are used, so saying that one of them is wrong doesn't mean that the other one is.
Outrageous sales pitches are likely wrong, and the knife is an outrageous sales pitch, so it is likely wrong. Since the journal entry is the same as the sales pitch and just as outrageous, then the journal entry is also likely wrong.
I doubt that.
I could see the first one happening. Perhaps as a proof authenticity, or a marketing gimmick.
Plenty of time to destroy all his problems.
And new ones keep coming.
Thinking that Louie isn't the King of Bugs when he is, is more sane than thinking that the Dimensional Slicer cuts through space and time when it doesn't.
There's lots of evidence towards the theory, and even the ship backs this up.
One treasure = one relief. Every playthrough has roughly the same amount of treasures.
No, one night on the ship = one relief. The thing he's being relieved from is the planet's dangerous surface, and he's still there when he finds treasures.
Hey, you accidentally put a slash in there.
Pain is a sensation that we're all familiar with, and may or may not stem from injury. I could have a stomachache that causes me pain, but I'm not actually damaged.
He did that beforehand, and the Pikmin volunteered to be thrown.
Yes, he did it beforehand; he was on the planet beforehand.

Assuming that the Pikmin did volunteer to be thrown, if Olimar was responsible, he wouldn't throw them; it would be dangerous for his newfound friends. But no, he just throws them at the deadly beasts that he refuses to battle himself.
Shortness of breath, ability to be still, numbness.
Do these symptoms always occur?
That's what Rosalina used to catch the Star Bits.
Water can pass through other water, and yet it can be caught in a net (provided it doesn't have holes). In fact, Rosalina says that she forgot water, and Star Bits seem to be a suitable replacement. I'd say that Star Bits are sort of a liquid, but they stay together perhaps through a gravitational field (or just Mario magic).
Rosalina is teleporting.
And?
But not diagonally.
If Mario falls in, he dies.
What's the difference, really?
Schwarz is easily escapable. Mario black holes cannot be escaped. Schwarz lacks distortion. Mario black holes do not.
If they wanted to target anyone in particular, they would.
Black holes as part of a galaxy would work just fine.
Multiple playthroughs are just reliving the same moment over and over.
True.
These aren't high speeds.
They zip around pretty quickly.
Because they didn't eat Star Bits and transform.
Um, they did...
Sonic hits them. That doesn't mean they move.
If Sonic, say, tears through the Badniks and/or causes them to explode, the molecules of the Badnik are moving.
The explosion would be created after the car is attacked, meaning it wouldn't be affected by the time freeze anyways.
Hm?
Sheathing the sword only takes about a second. What's the length for Blue Tornado?
Here's a clip of it in action. Of course, moving at his higher speeds would speed this up dramatically.
He doesn't boost during Blue Tornado though.
Because they're not in the same game.
Marth picks it up again.
Time is frozen.
Long enough for what, exactly?
For Sonic to kill Marth.
Sonic the Werehog's body doesn't howl either; Sonic the Werehog does.
What's the difference?
Then why does he do it?
Because of his new voice.
Sonic can go without breathing, he runs at high speeds all the time.
He can drown.
Even if things did move when time was frozen, that wouldn't be Sonic; that would be Chaos Control.
Which Sonic is using.
Is the blast bigger than the Gunship? If not, it wouldn't pass through.
Yes.
Show where the Power Bomb passes through walls.
K.
That would be Samus commanding the ship. She couldn't do that and drop Power Bombs at the same time, so Kirby has an easy escape.
Why couldn't Samus set the autopilot, stand on top of the ship, and drop a Power Bomb while the ship is flying itself?
He isn't damaged because the guards don't absorb the damage from the blast. If the guards did absorb the damage, there wouldn't be any damage once the projectile was reflected.
Hm?
No, but force doesn't have anything to do with anything here.
A trampoline can bounce a child back up, but a heavy stone will likely break it. The stone's force is greater than that of the child.
Correct, but I never said it was. If Mario is high on the tier list because he can destroy a building, everyone else should be higher because they can destroy even more.
It's not just the force that makes this impressive; the speed, invincibility, etc also help him.
Olimar is reliable in the first place.
Humans are never 100% reliable.
And why not?
I don't see how expressions would be proof of anything other than what the character is feeling.
No, because it only hit Kirby and company.
Actually, they depict who worked on the game.
Then we remove the giant floating words from the equation.
They launched Marx into space.
Disproven.

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice
@ monzer monzer , the incarnation most adept at magic use would be Link from A Link to the Past. The only issue is magic consumption, even when it's halved. The physically strongest incarnation with item enhancements is Link from Ocarina of Time. Without strength enhancements, the strongest is probably from Twilight Princess. Link from Majora's Mask may be the best swordsman, but then again, his techniques are given to TP Link and he's not the only one with excellent swordplay. The incarnation with the most durable shield is Link from Skyward Sword. Anyway, with respect to your tier list, Samus is too low. The match between Samus and Sonic is also not easily determined. Sonic is too low as well. Here's a few things about Samus.

Physical strength
  • 177 metric tons
Speed
  • 30 m/s for outrunning a powder avalanche, which travels 25 m/s on a low-end.
  • The varia suit in Metroid II: Return of Samus increases Samus' speed by 10%, giving her a speed of 33 m/s.
  • The speed booster allows Samus to run 686 m/s.
Durability
  • Immune to temperatures ranging up to 800°C and at least at -270.15°C.
  • Taking Samus' mass and suit mass into consideration (190.99 kg.), as well as her top speed (686 m/s), she can withstand 131,019.14 N (14.73 tons-force).
  • Immune to acid and acid rain possibly affected by Phazon, which would make it more potent.
Beams
  • Capable of firing energy, possibly x-rays, ice, plasma, electrolasers, matter-antimatter with a high-powered sonic aspect, &c.
Bombs
  • Bombs are capable of destroying sandstone, and the power bomb has a yield of at least 200+ metric tons of TNT.
@Dryn

ALTTP Link’s magic has limited range (same screen he is on).
Those types of strength are lifting and grappling, so they have limited use. They don’t cause Link’s melee blows to be any stronger than normal.

How long can Samus run at these speeds?
Samus can still be injured by less force if it is concentrated enough.
Aren’t you going to mention Shinespark and Darkburst?
Any info on how much weaker ZSS is than normal Samus?
Would you define the Sonic Boom as a hit scan type weapon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitscan?
What are the maximum number of missiles Samus can carry considering all her special attacks use them up at a great rate?
Can we get any information on the range of the power bomb? It seems to be screen wide in Super Metroid.
In your opinion what opponents can Samus beat that ZSS can’t?

Remember Dryn, that taking Kirby’s warp star out of the equation is the key to victory.

The knocking the Moon out of orbit feat isn’t all that impressive if Diddy Kong can do the same thing by landing on his head http://www.mariowiki.com/Moon#Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns.

Can you give any links to the Coconut Gun and it’s characteristics (power, ammo capacity, homing, rate of fire and such)? How about the Peanut Popgun and Rocketbarrel pack?

Yep.
Are there really cities on Popstar?

Being created for world domination doesn’t mean you can destroy planets, It means you can subdue everything on them!

The way Kirby looks at those apples reminds me of Scrat from Ice Age and his obsession with that nut.

So after more researching, adding in the characters that are in previous games, and the addition of a new a+ tier as a borderline between the A tier and the S tier I present to you my canon tier list 2.0

S-tier
Kirby
Meta knight
Shulk
King Dedede
Pokemon trainer

A+ tier
Mewtwo
Sonic
Samus

A-tier
Greninja
Charizard
Lucario
Ganondorf
Bowser
Bowser Jr
Rosalina and lumas
Ivysaur
Ness
Lukas

B-tier
Zero Suit Samus
Dark Pit
Pit
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Toon Link
The Koopalings
Pikachu
Palutena
Link
Squirtle
Jiggilypuff
Pichu

C-tier
Yoshi
Luigi
Dr. Mario
Mario
Wario
Robin
Ike
Marth
Roy
Lucina
Shiek
Mega Man
Zelda
Peach

D-tier
Snake
Captain Falcon
Fox
Falco
Pac-man
Duck Hunt

E-tier
Ice climbers
Little Mac
Mii Brawler
Mii Gunner
Mii Sword fighter
Mr. Game and Watch
Wii Fit Trainer
Villiger

F-tier
Olimar
R.O.B
Pokemon Trainer is too high! He is the second best Pokemon character outside of Mewtwo. This is the lineup we have decided on for him http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Red_(game)#Pok.C3.A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver.
How are Pokemon characters better than Fox and Falco?
How is Pichu better than Robin (and Lucina too) considering he can call down bigger lighting bolts and can drain the fur ball with Nosferatu?

That would probably require a wall at least 25 Pikmin thick. Then he would only have four sides protected (100/25=4), and bullets could just hit the vulnerable spots.
Sonic doesn’t go at three times light speed and don’t give me the hardware excuse. If another Sega studio can get a swordsman to cut light then the developers can get a convincing look going for light speed travel.

You do realize that Olimar’s spacesuit can let him survive a fair bit of punishment from the large wildlife of the Pikmin planet and should be able to let him survive a bullet or two. He’s also a decent tactician so he shouldn’t be getting attacked from all sides either.

@ Munomario777 Munomario777 @Dryn @ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons @Nerdicon @ShadowLBlue @ monzer monzer Robin and Lucina beat Sonic thanks to Swordbreaker http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Swordbreaker. Male Robin can screw up Sonic with a combination of Counter http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Counter#Fire_Emblem:_Awakening and Miracle http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Miracle#Fire_Emblem:_Awakening. Can Super Sonic withstand being hit by himself? An example of the FE10 version of Miracle (this is supposed to be funny): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax1u-6Bx6r4 Ike does have this version of it.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Sonic doesn’t go at three times light speed and don’t give me the hardware excuse. If another Sega studio can get a swordsman to cut light then the developers can get a convincing look going for light speed travel.
Light speed = 396 SPD. Sonic's boost = 1200 SPD. The numbers speak for themselves. I don't see how you'd get convincing FTL travel while still having a playable game.
You do realize that Olimar’s spacesuit can let him survive a fair bit of punishment from the large wildlife of the Pikmin planet and should be able to let him survive a bullet or two.
I don't believe that actual spacesuits are bulletproof. Even so, the glass would likely be the weak spot.
He’s also a decent tactician so he shouldn’t be getting attacked from all sides either.
I don't see how this prevents him from getting surrounded.
Sonic won't be using a sword here, and even so, I don't see how a hit rate and evasion boost would win them the match.
What is the maximum damage output Counter has produced, and what is the most powerful "fatal attack" that Miracle has counteracted? Also, what is the rate of activation for these skills?
Can Super Sonic withstand being hit by himself?
Until we get Sonic Generations VS or something along those lines, we don't know for sure. He can survive attacks from a god of destruction, though, so I think that at most he'd lose his Rings. He definitely wouldn't get killed by it (assuming that Robin could actually deliver on this damage output).
An example of the FE10 version of Miracle (this is supposed to be funny): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax1u-6Bx6r4 Ike does have this version of it.
Um... Okay.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Trainer is too high! He is the second best Pokemon character outside of Mewtwo. This is the lineup we have decided on for him http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Red_(game)#Pok.C3.A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver.
How are Pokemon characters better than Fox and Falco?
How is Pichu better than Robin (and Lucina too) considering he can call down bigger lighting bolts and can drain the fur ball with Nosferatu?
The combined base stat total of all of reds Pokemon is much higher than mega mewtwo. Most Pokemon with "God" status have thor base stat totals of 680 or higher, lucario, Charizard, and greninja are all very close to that Total. Pikachu, jiggilpuff, and Pichu are much weaker, but they still have about 1/3 of God power.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
@ monzer monzer
Just hit the "reply" button and type your reply; the quote is made automagically. Also, if you mess up on a post, just hit the "edit" button; no need to double post.

monzer

Smash Journeyman
@ monzer monzer
Just hit the "reply" button and type your reply; the quote is made automagically. Also, if you mess up on a post, just hit the "edit" button; no need to double post.
I know I accedentally deleted part of the quote thing at the begining.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
That really doesn't matter. It follows immediately afterwards showing the Dreamstock in full bloom once again. It's the same location and there's no signs of damage anywhere.
The area that was shown there was near the center of the explosion, while the main part of the explosion happened mostly when the blast was traveling away from the center.
You're inflating Kirby's ability beyond what he's capable of surviving. Say Samus uses the wavebuster. That constant stream of electricity is going to kill Kirby and he won't be able to do anything about it because he'll be immobilized, just like the space pirates that are hit by it. Here, the wavebuster is so powerful, that even Meta Ridley gets stunned. This is a boss whose strength, speed, and durability have been enhanced through cybernetics. Kirby's smaller, so he has less mass, which means he won't be able to take the punishment.
How much durability does Meta Ridley have anyways?

Yes, but in the anime, it causes Octacon to fly, whereas the fire breath in the games do not.
It causes enemies to fly in the games, actually.
Except, the games never portray Kirby's tornado ability to work that way. It's been consistent. It contradicts the anime.
A lot of Kirby's Copy Abilities have multiple moves. For example, in addition to basic strikes, Whip Kirby can create vortexes and latch onto enemies. Wing Kirby has electric attacks, and can spin enemies out of control. Yo-yo Kirby can attack using breakdancing. Rather than saying that isn't what Tornado Kirby does, we should just see it as an additional ability he hasn't used in the games.
Such as? How large are they? What attack is used? Before you ask me if Samus can survive thousands of pounds-force, you need to support your claim.
The enemies can be around twice Kirby's size, and practically any attack Kirby uses can launch them.

I will also say that Kirby launched Marx to destroy NOVA. This suggests that the reason other enemies aren't launched that far are because Kirby choose not to do so.
I erred. We do see the range. It just doesn't do anything to Kirby until he comes in direct contact with it, which is what you'd only expect from a supermassive black hole.
Right.
We do in the credits.
See above.
We don't observe it.
Olimar does.
Except it does.
Prove it.
"A powerful threat" doesn't equal "made to destroy a planet". Even if he was made to destroy a planet, that doesn't mean that it would work.
The creators needed Mewtwo to be able to destroy a planet, so something would actually happen when he was stopped.
Destroying a world is counterproductive to dominating it.
Yes, but that would make Mewtwo planetary in function, supporting the claim that he can destroy a planet.
How does resisting the effect mean that it must absorb it?
The effect doesn't happen on you. You can't resist things that don't happen to you.
Sonic has 9,999 Rings. Mewtwo's attacks are practically ineffective, especially when taking into account Sonic's speed.
Trick Room swaps speed maneuvers, so Mewtwo would practically be moving at the speed of light. Telekinesis prevents Sonic from dodging Mewtwo's attacks. Ultimately, Mewtwo wins because of this.
Marx is clearly not being launched by the force of Kirby's attacks. They send him sideways, they don't launch anything else in that fashion (including Marx himself later on), etc.
They do launch things in that fashion.
So, why would the same attacks suddenly not launch Marx?
Kirby didn't want/need them to.
Their equipment is different. That makes their abilities different. "So why does this apply to Meta Knight?" you may ask. Well, Meta Knight's powers mostly come from his equipment as well. The Galaxia sword is responsible for most of his attacks, the mask gives him durability, and his cape allows him to teleport as well as turning into his iconic bat wings. The equipment may look the same, but that's also the case for the Fetts; they just have a different paint job.
However, we've seen the clone's use of equipment the exact same as MK's equipment.
Which are unscathed in the credits.

Except it doesn't have any actual destructive force.
See above.
Hitting a ball up also negates the horizontal movement because of the technique. A baseball bat, for example, reverses the horizontal direction while sending the ball upwards. Kirby's flight, meanwhile, is only adding upwards movement. It's shown in the games that it doesn't negate horizontal momentum.
I'm not sure about this, but I think you can actually do that in a Kirby game.
Flat things aren't lumpy.
True.
I don't see anything stating, implying, or showing that that's the only thing in there.
No body parts are in there.
A buzzsaw travelling at light speed is sure to make quite a dent.
But not destroy buildings/cities.
I don't see any.
The border.
Even if they're surrounding him, and not lined up?
Yep.
It would take long enough for at least one of the fireballs to hit him.
Not if Kirby simply keeps it up, no.
Prove it.
5:00. That was a second stage Star Spit, but whatever.
He's shocked, and he can't move. When he stops being shocked, he can move.
Unless you can back this up with a statement from the game, it isn't true.
Is it stated to be the same technique, and do we see the same charging?
We don't see whether Kirby charges or not. It is visually the same as what it is in the games, and the wiki says this too.
In that case, Team Rocket has been to orbit about a hundred and twenty-seven times now.
Fair enough.
Telescopes aren't exclusive to stargazing.
Except there's not really anything else he could have looked at.
Said fireball works on bricks, which are similar to Stone Kirby. Unless we see Stone Kirby resist this type of thing, we go with the closest comparison in Mario.
That is fair.
Then it becomes a grounded battle and the Wing Cap is unnecessary.
After Mario switched power-ups, Kirby would jump and stone Mario in the head.
The Wing Cap is only a hat; I don't see why Gold Mario couldn't wear it.
Because the Wing Cap switches Mario's transformation, so he wouldn't be Gold Mario anymore.
Does he charge up beforehand?
He does.
The Reveal Glass isn't really a "power-up"; more like a "power-side". It increases some stats and decreases others. Meanwhile, Mega Evolutions only increase stats. Similarly, power-ups only increase Mario's abilities. Mega Stones are clearly the more apt comparison.
Stats ≠ abilities. Also, the Mega Evolutions can decrease stats as well. Both Mega Mewtwos have decreased Defense and Special Defense.
Some can.
Those scissors have more force than a stationary wheel.

Schwarz's lack of distortion is part of the artwork.

The lack of distortion does.
So? We weren't talking about the lack of distortion.
And if I turned into a jar full of pickles, that includes the pickles.
Prove it.
Let's see. "PP" meaning "Power Points", attacks in Pokemon requiring energy, Pokemon not being able to use attacks without PP, etc. Plus, it's common knowledge; Bulbapedia also states this.

Whoops, wrong term. I meant that "balance" isn't a logical reason for Pokemon to have limited energy. They're wild animals; they want to survive, not be fair.
Ah.
So, why are they separate?
They are separate because they are bonus cutscenes.
Is Kirby skilled enough with a baton to swing it in these directions that rapidly and sparatically?
Yes.
Ah. Super Sonic just flies up from below through the Warp Star, then.
Kirby could always grab onto the Warp Star while inhaling and spin around.
How quickly can Kirby pick it up and activate it?
It activates as soon as it's picked up. Ignoring game mechanics, it would take him about 1/4 a second to pick it up, by pushing it upwards.
He'd inhale before the move even started.
What entry are you talking about?
All of the entries in Pikmin 1.
You mean the ship's scanner?
Yep.
He could have it from other sources.
Same thing applies.
The only vulnerable spot would be above Olimar, which the police force couldn't get to.
Which would then get shot down.
Call me when you can shoot down a spaceship using bullets.
Outrageous sales pitches are likely wrong, and the knife is an outrageous sales pitch, so it is likely wrong. Since the journal entry is the same as the sales pitch and just as outrageous, then the journal entry is also likely wrong.
Different sources.
I could see the first one happening. Perhaps as a proof authenticity, or a marketing gimmick.
Olimar doesn't actually show the journal to the customers.
And new ones keep coming.
Which are also destroyed.
There's lots of evidence towards the theory, and even the ship backs this up.
How does this counter what I said?
No, one night on the ship = one relief. The thing he's being relieved from is the planet's dangerous surface, and he's still there when he finds treasures.
He doesn't actually spend the nights on his ship.
Pain is a sensation that we're all familiar with, and may or may not stem from injury. I could have a stomachache that causes me pain, but I'm not actually damaged.
Poison would essentially cause pain, and it causes damage in Pikmin.
Yes, he did it beforehand; he was on the planet beforehand.
Point?
Assuming that the Pikmin did volunteer to be thrown, if Olimar was responsible, he wouldn't throw them; it would be dangerous for his newfound friends. But no, he just throws them at the deadly beasts that he refuses to battle himself.
The Pikmin don't actually die when thrown, and Olimar knows that they don't, so that isn't exactly reckless behavior.
Do these symptoms always occur?
They are some of the most common.
Water can pass through other water, and yet it can be caught in a net (provided it doesn't have holes).
The net Rosalina used had holes.
In fact, Rosalina says that she forgot water, and Star Bits seem to be a suitable replacement. I'd say that Star Bits are sort of a liquid, but they stay together perhaps through a gravitational field (or just Mario magic).
A bit of a star is not made out of water.
She can't use two wand powers (forcefields/teleporting) at the same time.
If Mario falls in, he dies.
Point?
Schwarz is easily escapable. Mario black holes cannot be escaped.
Kirby has the ability to escape them.
Schwarz lacks distortion. Mario black holes do not.

They do, actually.

Also, how do either of these mean Kirby can't escape the Mario black holes?
Black holes as part of a galaxy would work just fine.
Those black holes can easily be dodged.
They zip around pretty quickly.
Nowhere near as quickly as when they rocket off.
Um, they did...
Only one of them did.
If Sonic, say, tears through the Badniks and/or causes them to explode, the molecules of the Badnik are moving.
If Sonic destroys the molecules, how are they moving?
The explosion was never frozen in time, so the car can explode.
Here's a clip of it in action. Of course, moving at his higher speeds would speed this up dramatically.
Sonic has to rise for that to happen. Enough time for Marth to sheathe his swords.
Because they're not in the same game.
You said Blue Tornado moved at light speed because Sonic boosts, but he doesn't boost when he uses Blue Tornado.
Time is frozen.
For Sonic to kill Marth.
Darksphere says otherwise.
What's the difference?
Sonic isn't his body.
Because of his new voice.
He doesn't howl when he talks, so no.
He can drown.
That isn't due to lack of oxygen. Super Sonic can breathe in space, but he can't drown.
Which Sonic is using.
That doesn't mean he has complete control over what Chaos Control does.
It's still an option for Kirby to fly away.
Why couldn't Samus set the autopilot, stand on top of the ship, and drop a Power Bomb while the ship is flying itself?
She could do that, but if Kirby flew away, the autopilot wouldn't know to follow.
The force of an attack only hits once. Kirby's guard doesn't resist the force of the attack, because the force doesn't hit the guard. If it did hit the guard, it wouldn't have force once it hit something else as it was reflected back.
A trampoline can bounce a child back up, but a heavy stone will likely break it. The stone's force is greater than that of the child.
Mirrors are different.
It's not just the force that makes this impressive; the speed, invincibility, etc also help him.
Mario's speed isn't really impressive, it won't help him accomplish anything. The invincibility lasts for 31 seconds total, and invincibility from the Starman is still penetrable. Mostly everyone will last for more than 31 seconds. I really don't see him as much of a threat.
Humans are never 100% reliable.
But, his claim was backed up by his observation.
I don't see how expressions would be proof of anything other than what the character is feeling.
The battery is dealing with feelings, so it's proof.
Then we remove the giant floating words from the equation.
See above.
Disproven.
That's what you think.
Are there really cities on Popstar?
Something like that.
Being created for world domination doesn’t mean you can destroy planets, It means you can subdue everything on them!
I've addressed this.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
How long can Samus run at these speeds?
It'd be indefinite in game play. If we ignored game play, I'm honestly not sure. Samus is genetically engineered and was trained by the Chozo and the Galactic Federation Army. The former actually has three ancient tribes: small, normal, and large.

The small type is able to perform quick movements while running. The three represent three of Samus' upgrades: the speed booster, the hi-jump boots, and the morph ball. With the Chozo DNA integrated in Samus, it could be possible that she can run for extended periods, but chances are, she probably doesn't use the speed booster as often as she runs her normal speed. Even then, what her running really depends on is endurance. People who perform the triathlon can travel great distances. And, then there's the fact that human bodies are excellent at long-distance running.

Samus can still be injured by less force if it is concentrated enough.
Of course. This is why Samus can be harmed by sharp objects. For anyone who doesn't know, force is not the same as pressure. Pressure is force over area.

Aren’t you going to mention Shinespark and Darkburst?
I think you meant the sunburst, only because you mentioned the darkburst. The former fires what some might refer to as a miniature sun, probably because the darkburst is supposed to be like a black hole. (It's called "Buco Nero" in Italian, which means "black hole".) The sunburst can indirectly hit opponents. I tested the sunburst out not long ago before I restarted all of my Metroid Prime games and found this out as it was launched near sandbats. The darkburst has a limited range of sucking enemies into the void. Space pirates can be pulled in and they're taller than Samus. I'm not sure what their mass is, but in order to be at least 7 feet, you kind of end up having more mass.

Any info on how much weaker ZSS is than normal Samus?
Let's assume the power suit doubles Samus' athletic abilities, since she says "it boosts all of my natural athletic abilities". (Metroid: Other M Art Folio) Her physical strength would be 88.5 metric tons while her speed would be 15 m/s. Interestingly, I'm noticing that while I agree the "trillion teratons" is an error on Retro Studios' part, the calculations I've done are placing Samus' physical strength in that range anyway.

Would you define the Sonic Boom as a hit scan type weapon http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitscan?
Probably.

What are the maximum number of missiles Samus can carry considering all her special attacks use them up at a great rate?
Well, I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if we can go up to 999 missiles. Here's while. In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Samus collects 250 missiles, just like she does in Metroid Prime. However, there is something different about MP2:E. There's an extra missile expansion, which means Samus collects 255 missiles in that game. But, by doing so, Samus ends up with 101% instead of 100%. We never get to see an upper limit of missiles Samus can collect because the games are developed in a way so that there's only a number of upgrades to collect to reach 100%. MP2:E is the exception because Retro Studios accidentally placed in an extra missile expansion.

Can we get any information on the range of the power bomb? It seems to be screen wide in Super Metroid.
Well, if you want to go strictly by game play, then we can consider the room the Queen Metroid is found in. If this room has the same dimensions as Room MW, which is toward the rear of the Bioweapon Research Center where the battle against the Queen Metroid takes place, then it would be 30 m. long. Look for Queen Metroid's Holding Cage here. I caught this image in the Japanese and noticed the dimensions, so as you might imagine, I was excited.

The Queen Metroid is 11 m. according to a cut-scene where we see the Queen Metroid's height and length. It already looks like it can cover at least 22 m. without any issue, so it looks like it'd be fine using 30 m. anyway. With that in mind, we can use E = R^5 * air density / t^2. Using TNT as Samus' explosive, considering this is one of the two common explosives (the other being C4), this means the time it takes for 6,900 m/s to cover 30 m. is 4.35 milliseconds

Air density will be assumed to be 1.225 kg/m^3, since that's your typical air density anyway. The blast radius is 30 m. Having a more accurate dimension for means that a single power bomb will produce 376.76 metric tons of TNT. When I say blast radius, I'm only thinking of the fireball. I'm not even thinking of the other effects that come along with it.

In your opinion what opponents can Samus beat that ZSS can’t?
I think Zamus can defeat . . .

• Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Diddy Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Dr. Mario
  • Duck Hunt
  • Jigglypuff
  • Little Mac
  • Meta Knight
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Olimar
  • Pac-Man
  • R.O.B.
  • Sheik
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Zelda

This is just a rough guess. The names not mentioned either would defeat Zamus or be neutral. In Samus' case most of the roster with the power bomb.

The knocking the Moon out of orbit feat isn’t all that impressive if Diddy Kong can do the same thing by landing on his head http://www.mariowiki.com/Moon#Donkey_Kong_Country_Returns.
Interesting. You know, I've only always seen Donkey Kong as the one hitting the Moon, but there's something interesting about the Moon's gravity preventing Diddy Kong from launching away. I honestly would have to say that the one with both kongs is likely the canonical version. For Diddy Kong to do anything just by falling on his head would require for him to have greater mass than the moon he hits.

Can you give any links to the Coconut Gun and it’s characteristics (power, ammo capacity, homing, rate of fire and such)? How about the Peanut Popgun and Rocketbarrel pack?
It's been a long while since I've played DK64. I could give it a try some time later, though.

Light speed = 396 SPD. Sonic's boost = 1200 SPD. The numbers speak for themselves. I don't see how you'd get convincing FTL travel while still having a playable game.
That doesn't make sense. You told me when Sonic runs through the check point, it tells us how fast he's running. If you're using the SPD to determine this, then what does 1200 SPD mean? Is that miles, kilometers, feet, or meters?

The area that was shown there was near the center of the explosion, while the main part of the explosion happened mostly when the blast was traveling away from the center.
Explosions encompass all angles, not just one.

None of Samus' weapons work against Meta Ridley, except his mouth and the thinner plating on his chest. He can be seen entering Tallon IV, which would mean he's resistant to the atmospheric re-entry temperatures. To give an idea, meteors break down as they pass through the atmosphere. Space shuttles require something like reinforced carbon-carbon for atmospheric re-entry. Meta Ridley also survived a fall from at least 13 storeys from what I calculated. There was that added explosion.

A lot of Kirby's Copy Abilities have multiple moves. For example, in addition to basic strikes, Whip Kirby can create vortexes and latch onto enemies. Wing Kirby has electric attacks, and can spin enemies out of control. Yo-yo Kirby can attack using breakdancing. Rather than saying that isn't what Tornado Kirby does, we should just see it as an additional ability he hasn't used in the games.
One that stands out to me is hyper tornado, but I haven't seen what that looks like.

The enemies can be around twice Kirby's size, and practically any attack Kirby uses can launch them.
Can I see these?

I will also say that Kirby launched Marx to destroy NOVA. This suggests that the reason other enemies aren't launched that far are because Kirby choose not to do so.
Or it's an oulier.

Reckless Godwin 2.0

Smash Apprentice

Sonic won't be using a sword here, and even so, I don't see how a hit rate and evasion boost would win them the match.

What is the maximum damage output Counter has produced, and what is the most powerful "fatal attack" that Miracle has counteracted? Also, what is the rate of activation for these skills?

Um... Okay.
Got a YouTube link to these three times light speed racing courses? The 4X game genre can do this convincingly by having star fleets move interstellar distances during comparatively short periods of time.

Lucina and Ike have relativistic reflexes because they can consistently dodge lightning strikes.

When Counter (returns all damage if one survives the attack) is combined with Miracle it can OHKO a Lethality (Instantly kills the victim) user.

Counter:
Ike (returns 50% damage): 45%
Robins and Lucina (returns all damage): 100%

Miracle (can work repeatedly for Ike but won’t activate if Robin and Lucina are already at one HP):
Ike: 35%
Robins: 58%
Lucina: 70%

I thought that Sonic is way stronger than those Gods of Destruction, so being on the receiving end of Counter will be nasty, although it can be avoided with ranged attacks.

The only reason for that weird dancing that he does when he is down to one HP is because the game can’t work with half a hit point, so he dodges instead. This video was made with a hack boosting the stats high enough to get 100% proc rates but the skills and mechanics work the way they should.

top 3 strongest
:4mewtwo:(mega mewtwo x):4link:(fairy deity):4sonic:
top 3 weakest
:4alph::4villagerf::4miif:
@ Geno Boost Geno Boost I’m sure Pillager can take R.O.B., Duck Hunt and Wii Fit Trainer with her axe.

The combined base stat total of all of reds Pokemon is much higher than mega mewtwo. Most Pokemon with "God" status have there base stat totals of 680 or higher, lucario, Charizard, and greninja are all very close to that total. Pikachu, jigglypuff, and Pichu are much weaker, but they still have about 1/3 of God power.
@ monzer monzer You don’t add their stat totals together and compare them to Mewtwo, you run each battle individually to get the result. Mewtwo could KO the Pokemon Trainer immediately and then proceed to OHKO each Pokemon in turn.

P.S. Did you mean to leave the 1st letter of your name in lowercase?

Trick Room swaps speed maneuvers, so Mewtwo would practically be moving at the speed of light. Telekinesis prevents Sonic from dodging Mewtwo's attacks. Ultimately, Mewtwo wins because of this.
@ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons There is one flaw with Trick Room, it has the lowest priority in the game. I can still see it succeeding thanks to Sonic’s ego though. How would this work against Ike, Robin and Lucina’s vantage http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Vantage?

Telekinesis seems like it would be overpowered and Mewtwo learns it too.

It'd be indefinite in game play. If we ignored game play, I'm honestly not sure. Samus is genetically engineered and was trained by the Chozo and the Galactic Federation Army. The former actually has three ancient tribes: small, normal, and large.

The small type is able to perform quick movements while running. The three represent three of Samus' upgrades: the speed booster, the hi-jump boots, and the morph ball. With the Chozo DNA integrated in Samus, it could be possible that she can run for extended periods, but chances are, she probably doesn't use the speed booster as often as she runs her normal speed. Even then, what her running really depends on is endurance. People who perform the triathlon can travel great distances. And, then there's the fact that human bodies are excellent at long-distance running.

Of course. This is why Samus can be harmed by sharp objects. For anyone who doesn't know, force is not the same as pressure. Pressure is force over area.

I think you meant the sunburst, only because you mentioned the darkburst. The former fires what some might refer to as a miniature sun, probably because the darkburst is supposed to be like a black hole. (It's called "Buco Nero" in Italian, which means "black hole".) The sunburst can indirectly hit opponents. I tested the sunburst out not long ago before I restarted all of my Metroid Prime games and found this out as it was launched near sandbats. The darkburst has a limited range of sucking enemies into the void. Space pirates can be pulled in and they're taller than Samus. I'm not sure what their mass is, but in order to be at least 7 feet, you kind of end up having more mass.

Let's assume the power suit doubles Samus' athletic abilities, since she says "it boosts all of my natural athletic abilities". (Metroid: Other M Art Folio) Her physical strength would be 88.5 metric tons while her speed would be 15 m/s. Interestingly, I'm noticing that while I agree the "trillion teratons" is an error on Retro Studios' part, the calculations I've done are placing Samus' physical strength in that range anyway.

Well, I'm not sure. I wouldn't be surprised if we can go up to 999 missiles. Here's while. In Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, Samus collects 250 missiles, just like she does in Metroid Prime. However, there is something different about MP2:E. There's an extra missile expansion, which means Samus collects 255 missiles in that game. But, by doing so, Samus ends up with 101% instead of 100%. We never get to see an upper limit of missiles Samus can collect because the games are developed in a way so that there's only a number of upgrades to collect to reach 100%. MP2:E is the exception because Retro Studios accidentally placed in an extra missile expansion.

Well, if you want to go strictly by game play, then we can consider the room the Queen Metroid is found in. If this room has the same dimensions as Room MW, which is toward the rear of the Bioweapon Research Center where the battle against the Queen Metroid takes place, then it would be 30 m. long. Look for Queen Metroid's Holding Cage here. I caught this image in the Japanese and noticed the dimensions, so as you might imagine, I was excited.

The Queen Metroid is 11 m. according to a cut-scene where we see the Queen Metroid's height and length. It already looks like it can cover at least 22 m. without any issue, so it looks like it'd be fine using 30 m. anyway. With that in mind, we can use E = R^5 * air density / t^2. Using TNT as Samus' explosive, considering this is one of the two common explosives (the other being C4), this means the time it takes for 6,900 m/s to cover 30 m. is 4.35 milliseconds

Air density will be assumed to be 1.225 kg/m^3, since that's your typical air density anyway. The blast radius is 30 m. Having a more accurate dimension for means that a single power bomb will produce 376.76 metric tons of TNT. When I say blast radius, I'm only thinking of the fireball. I'm not even thinking of the other effects that come along with it.

I think Zamus can defeat . . .

• Bowser
  • Bowser Jr.
  • Diddy Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Dr. Mario
  • Duck Hunt
  • Jigglypuff
  • Little Mac
  • Meta Knight
  • Mr. Game & Watch
  • Olimar
  • Pac-Man
  • R.O.B.
  • Sheik
  • Villager
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Zelda

This is just a rough guess. The names not mentioned either would defeat Zamus or be neutral. In Samus' case most of the roster with the power bomb.

Interesting. You know, I've only always seen Donkey Kong as the one hitting the Moon, but there's something interesting about the Moon's gravity preventing Diddy Kong from launching away. I honestly would have to say that the one with both kongs is likely the canonical version. For Diddy Kong to do anything just by falling on his head would require for him to have greater mass than the moon he hits.

It's been a long while since I've played DK64. I could give it a try some time later, though.
Sounds like she has a substantial advantage with traveling speed in the air and on the ground.

I know. That was one of the first things that man learned (spears beat fisticuffs).

I brought up Shinespark because it lets Samus move at very impressive speeds.
Which weapons can Samus use against distant fliers (besides the Gunship) like team Star Fox and siege tome wielding/Pegasus riding Robin?

The Power Suit only doubles her capabilities? That seems a bit weak for Power Armor. Even if you cut her statistics in half, she’s still freakishly strong.

It sounds like a screw up on Retro’s part despite how convenient 255 missiles would be (the highest value for an 8-bit number).

Are you referring to the heat and pressure waves?

Why would she beat Metaknight over King Dedede?

Ok.

Ok then.

Bonus question: who wins (and how spectacularly) best composite Samus or a colony of Xenomorphs?

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Wouldn't the center of the explosion be the area with the most force? Either way, if this explosion has the destructive power you say it does, then there should be at least some sort of damage.
He can withstand multiple Super Missiles.
Do you have footage of this?
Tornado Kirby has been shown launching cyclones in the games, and they're very different from those used in the anime.
How far?
He uses the same attacks. If I swing a baseball bat at a ball, I can't just "choose" to launch it one time and not to another time if I'm using the same swing.
Olimar does.
Prove it.
Prove it.
Attacks that hit Rainbow Mario are negated, or blocked.
The creators needed Mewtwo to be able to destroy a planet, so something would actually happen when he was stopped.
Needing something =/= that thing actually happening.
Yes, but that would make Mewtwo planetary in function, supporting the claim that he can destroy a planet.
"Planetary in function" is meaningless.
The effect doesn't happen on you. You can't resist things that don't happen to you.
Resisting causes effects to not take place. A suit of armor could be cut in half by, say, a sword, but it's durability allows it to resist that effect so that it doesn't occur.
Trick Room swaps speed, so Mewtwo would be moving at the speed of light, while Sonic wouldn't. Afterwards, Sonic wouldn't be able to hit Mewtwo, but Mewtwo would be able to hit Sonic (especially after ). Ultimately, Mewtwo wins because of this.
Trick Room is described as, "The user creat[ing] a bizarre area in which slower Pokémon get to move first for five turns." Getting to move first seems to indicate that it's some sort of agreement. It doesn't say that Pokemon become faster or slower. Even if it did have an effect here, Sonic could just leave that area.
Telekinesis prevents Sonic from dodging Mewtwo's attacks. Ultimately, Mewtwo wins because of this.
Teleportation via Chaos Control would allow Sonic to escape the TK.
They do launch things in that fashion.
With that amount of distance?
Kirby didn't want/need them to.
That's not how physics work.
However, we've seen the clone's use of equipment the exact same as MK's equipment.
And we've seen Boba and Jango Fett use equipment similarly. Their jetpacks both allow them to fly.
I'm not sure about this, but I think you can actually do that in a Kirby game.
Do you have video of this?
No body parts are in there.
No body parts are in my stomach, but that doesn't mean that I lack internal organs.
But not destroy buildings/cities.
Force equals mass times acceleration. The acceleration here is enormous, so it's sure to cause quite some damage. He could destroy buildings or cities given enough time (which isn't much given his speed).
The border.
That seems more like the darkness of space than the darkness of the explosion.
Can't he only Star Spit in one direction at once?
Not if Kirby simply keeps it up, no.
It depends on the speed. Either way, while Kirby is busy dealing with the fireballs (with no Copy Ability, mind you), Bowser gets up close and squashes Kirby.
5:00. That was a second stage Star Spit, but whatever.
Um, what exactly does this have to do with flamethrowers?
Unless you can back this up with a statement from the game, it isn't true.
Or evidence from the games. Statements aren't the only kind of evidence.
We don't see whether Kirby charges or not. It is visually the same as what it is in the games, and the wiki says this too.
Could you link the video again please?
Except there's not really anything else he could have looked at.
What about the enemy?
That is fair.
So if Kirby uses Stone, Mario wins due to the Gold Flower.
After Mario switched power-ups, Kirby would jump and stone Mario in the head.
It's instantaneous. It takes a second in-game, but time is frozen during that second.
Because the Wing Cap switches Mario's transformation, so he wouldn't be Gold Mario anymore.
The power-ups in Super Mario 64 are different than the ones usually found in the series. Usually, Mario just touches it and he transforms. However, in Mario 64, they're literally just hats. The animation shows him putting it on, rather than instantly transforming, and for the Wing Cap, only his hat is changed. Gold Mario is capable of putting on a hat, so the effects should still work.
Stats ≠ abilities.
Don't Mega Evolved Pokemon have an additional Ability?
Also, the Mega Evolutions can decrease stats as well. Both Mega Mewtwos have decreased Defense and Special Defense.
Similarly, some Mario power-ups can have downsides. Mini Mario, for instance, is lighter and more agile, but can be killed in one hit and has a weaker stomp.
Those scissors have more force than a stationary wheel.
And a rapidly spinning one?
So? We weren't talking about the lack of distortion.
The lack of distortion is a difference from IRL black holes.
Prove it.
You're kidding, right? If I morph into a jar containing pickles (assuming that there were no pickles present before the transformation), then I transform into both the jar and the pickles.
So PP = energy.
They are separate because they are bonus cutscenes.
In that case, are "bonus" (unlockable) stages non-canon?
Those aren't fast enough and changing directions at the same time. It's one or the other, and you'd need both here.
Kirby could always grab onto the Warp Star while inhaling and spin around.
Which would accomplish what, exactly?
It activates as soon as it's picked up. Ignoring game mechanics, it would take him about 1/4 a second to pick it up, by pushing it upwards.
Chaos Control is quicker.
He'd inhale before the move even started.
The boost starts practically instantaneously, and will reach Kirby practically instantaneously. I doubt that Kirby would think to inhale the empty space in front of him at the very start of the match.
All of the entries in Pikmin 1.
The battery isn't mentioned in Pikmin 1.
That's a character; it has a personality, and again, is responsible for the incorrect sales pitches.
Same thing applies.
I meant the stress.
The only vulnerable spot would be above Olimar, which the police force couldn't get to.
Here's a diagram of what I mean:

----------P
----------P
----------P
-------OOO
PPPOOOPPP
-------OOO
----------P
----------P
----------P

P is Pikmin, O is Olimar, and hyphens are empty space. Of course, there would be more Pikmin, but the same concept applies. There's a lot of empty space here.
Call me when you can shoot down a spaceship using bullets.
Rockets from, say, an anti-air cannon would also work.
Different sources.
With the same information that is likely to be false.
Olimar doesn't actually show the journal to the customers.
He might have been planning to. It would be a pretty neat marketing gimmick.
Which are also destroyed.
Isn't he still dealing with monsters etc when he acquires the knife?
How does this counter what I said?
Olimar denying the king of bugs theory isn't necessarily sane, not does it help his case in being able to pick up on crazy thoughts. A false positive is a sign of inaccuracy.
He doesn't actually spend the nights on his ship.
Where does he spend them?
Poison would essentially cause pain, and it causes damage in Pikmin.
And? Things that injure you often cause pain, but that doesn't mean that all things that cause pain are injuries.
He threw the Pikmin before because he was on the planet at that time, leading to this symptom.
The Pikmin don't actually die when thrown, and Olimar knows that they don't, so that isn't exactly reckless behavior.
It's extremely dangerous.
They are some of the most common.
If they don't always occur, lack of them doesn't mean that Olimar isn't going through this.
The net Rosalina used had holes.
The Star Bits are bigger than the holes.
A bit of a star is not made out of water.
And?
She can't use two wand powers (forcefields/teleporting) at the same time.
When is this proven/stated/demonstrated?
I don't see how your argument says anything about it working "diagonally" (which isn't actually a solid concept in space, since there isn't a universal "down").
Kirby has the ability to escape them.
He has the ability to escape Schwarz. Show me where Kirby escaped a black hole from the Mario series.

They do, actually.
The swirl effect represents distortion, and the rest is the actual singularity, so no distortion would occur there IRL.
Also, how do either of these mean Kirby can't escape the Mario black holes?
Schwarz =/= Mario black hole, so Kirby hasn't been shown to escape Mario black holes, so we can't assume that he could.
Those black holes can easily be dodged.
Not if there are lots of them.
Nowhere near as quickly as when they rocket off.
They do have control over their movement, though.
Only one of them did.
Multiple Lumas can be fed at once.
If Sonic destroys the molecules, how are they moving?
He doesn't. He's separating them. That's what tearing something apart is.
The explosion was never frozen in time, so the car can explode.
Something similar would happen to the sword, I'd imagine.
Sonic has to rise for that to happen. Enough time for Marth to sheathe his swords.
The tornado appears almost right when the move is initiated.
You said Blue Tornado moved at light speed because Sonic boosts, but he doesn't boost when he uses Blue Tornado.
Because he doesn't have both abilities at once. The Blue Tornado is from Heroes, and the boost is from Unleashed onwards. If he had both at once (which he does here), he could use them both for a faster tornado.
Darksphere says otherwise.
Willpower says otherwise.
Sonic isn't his body.
Sonic is a combination of his body, personality, etc.
He doesn't howl when he talks, so no.
His voice is lowered, meaning that there's something going on throughout his voice.
That isn't due to lack of oxygen. Super Sonic can breathe in space, but he can't drown.
He prevents drowning by breathing in air or bubbles thereof.
That doesn't mean he has complete control over what Chaos Control does.
Because?
It's still an option for Kirby to fly away.
Samus's gunship is faster than the Warp Star, and could get ahead of Kirby to drop the Power Bomb and destroy him.
She could do that, but if Kirby flew away, the autopilot wouldn't know to follow.
If it can drop specific ammo on a specific target, it should be able to handle a moving target.
The force of an attack only hits once. Kirby's guard doesn't resist the force of the attack, because the force doesn't hit the guard. If it did hit the guard, it wouldn't have force once it hit something else as it was reflected back.
It hits the guard, and so it gets reflected back.
Mirrors are different.
Powerful enough lasers can damage mirrors.
Mario's speed isn't really impressive, it won't help him accomplish anything. The invincibility lasts for 31 seconds total, and invincibility from the Starman is still penetrable. Mostly everyone will last for more than 31 seconds. I really don't see him as much of a threat.
Mega Mario can get around pretty quickly.
But, his claim was backed up by his observation.
We don't see an observation. If there was a tear in time and space that was significant enough to be useful here, I'd imagine we'd see some effects.
The battery is dealing with feelings, so it's proof.
Olimar expresses love before the battery is introduced.
Ah, so it's someone else using the crown? I doubt that any normal being would be able to handle/control infinite power.
That doesn't make sense. You told me when Sonic runs through the check point, it tells us how fast he's running. If you're using the SPD to determine this, then what does 1200 SPD mean? Is that miles, kilometers, feet, or meters?
The ratio isn't directly stated, but using the Light Speed Dash (which has a clear equivalent IRL), we can find out the ratio. 396 SPD = light speed. In that case, 1200 SPD = roughly three times light speed.
Got a YouTube link to these three times light speed racing courses? The 4X game genre can do this convincingly by having star fleets move interstellar distances during comparatively short periods of time.
Sure thing. (Watch the right hand side for the SPD measurement.)

Can you imagine playing those FTL segments in the same way you would a Sonic game? Too much speed makes it unplayable.
Lucina and Ike have relativistic reflexes because they can consistently dodge lightning strikes.
How fast are said lightning strikes?
When Counter (returns all damage if one survives the attack) is combined with Miracle it can OHKO a Lethality (Instantly kills the victim) user.

Counter:
Ike (returns 50% damage): 45%
Robins and Lucina (returns all damage): 100%

Miracle (can work repeatedly for Ike but won’t activate if Robin and Lucina are already at one HP):
Ike: 35%
Robins: 58%
Lucina: 70%
What is the most powerful attack that Counter has been shown to fully return, and what is the most powerful attack that Miracle has let the user survive?
I thought that Sonic is way stronger than those Gods of Destruction, so being on the receiving end of Counter will be nasty, although it can be avoided with ranged attacks.
If Counter actually hits with the full force.
The only reason for that weird dancing that he does when he is down to one HP is because the game can’t work with half a hit point, so he dodges instead. This video was made with a hack boosting the stats high enough to get 100% proc rates but the skills and mechanics work the way they should.
Um... okay.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I brought up Shinespark because it lets Samus move at very impressive speeds.
I assume Mach 2, only because the description in Metroid Fusion and Metroid: Zero Mission says "dash at supersonic speeds". "Speeds" is plural. Munomario777 said it could just mean Samus is moving Mach 1.3 instead of Mach 1.2 (the low-end speed), but I pointed out that if the speed difference was negligible, there wouldn't be any reason to use "speeds".

Which weapons can Samus use against distant fliers (besides the Gunship) like team Star Fox and siege tome wielding/Pegasus riding Robin?
I'm not sure how far Robin can fly. The speed for the arwings is unknown. There was no citation for it traveling Mach 4.2 in the atmosphere. Anyway, Samus could utilize the speed booster and space jump. The only issue is Samus would be traveling linearly, so any alteration on the arwings' part could prevent Samus from successfully attacking.

The Power Suit only doubles her capabilities? That seems a bit weak for Power Armor. Even if you cut her statistics in half, she’s still freakishly strong.
I don't know by how much the power suit enhances Samus' abilities. I just went with doubling.

It sounds like a screw up on Retro’s part despite how convenient 255 missiles would be (the highest value for an 8-bit number).
It is, but the limitation is also that Samus is incapable of acquiring more missiles because that's all she can collected in those games.

Are you referring to the heat and pressure waves?
Yeah, including radiation.

Why would she beat Metaknight over King Dedede?
I must have forgotten about King Dedede.

Bonus question: who wins (and how spectacularly) best composite Samus or a colony of Xenomorphs?
I think Samus has experienced enough aliens in her lifetime to be able to take down the Xenomorphs. Her character and the series is inspired by the Alien franchise.

He can withstand multiple Super Missiles.
That reminds me. It takes multiple blasts from war grade missiles (I presume they meant military-grade) to destroy cordite in Metroid Prime, but one super missile will destroy it.

Here's a diagram of what I mean:

----------P
----------P
----------P
-------OOO
PPPOOOPPP
-------OOO
----------P
----------P
----------P

P is Pikmin, O is Olimar, and hyphens are empty space. Of course, there would be more Pikmin, but the same concept applies. There's a lot of empty space here.
Poop. That's all I could think.

The ratio isn't directly stated, but using the Light Speed Dash (which has a clear equivalent IRL), we can find out the ratio. 396 SPD = light speed. In that case, 1200 SPD = roughly three times light speed.
Light speed dash takes place in the air, doesn't it?

Top Bottom