• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who's Canonically the Strongest Character in Smash?

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Didn't they go farther than that when they were aimed at a higher angle though? They seemed to disappear right when they hit the ground too. Either way, though, you're right; it's nothing special.
He was just a bit further back when firing the second shot. I think the point still stands.
And I'll do Palutena vs Rosalina if no one else wants to

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Is it okay with everyone if I go ahead and replace :4marth:and:4robinm:with other characters? Fire Emblem is sort of hard to find attack strength, range, etc. for since it's so open-ended and customizable, and what info there is is a bit too unclear to really draw a good conclusion. My suggestions to replace them with are :4fox: and :4luigi:unless someone else has another idea. Thoughts?

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
I believe the strongest to be, in my experience at least, as follows:

:mewtwopm:1. Mewtwo because of his psychic abilities and general OP'dness as a result of it.

:4kirby:2. Kirby is absolutely ridiculous, considering he can eat ANYTHING, seems to be unkillable (at least from what I've seen), and if we're to count that world shattering punch, well... that.

:4ganondorf:3. Ganondorf. King of evil. Has to be attacked by divinely blessed weapons to be truly harmed (at least in most cases that I've seen. I haven't played many Zelda games).

:4samus:4. I know the most about Samus Aran. Samus, even without her armor, has incredible superhuman strength, speed, and reaction time, on top of having a willpowered Chozo space-magic suit of armor that tramples over the laws of physics, with supersonic speed and flight abilities, "lol what wall?" weapons and an upgrade (Gravity Suit) that even negates the damage and friction of lava. And in Prime 2, she could even fire dimensional rifts out of her arm cannon (Dark Burst), and furthermore, can fire a blast that causes a ripple in reality (Sonic Boom). Oh, and her basic beam can kill ghosts. Yeah. The list goes on.

:4pit:/:4darkpit:5. Pit is angelic, and has all kinds of powerful divine weapons and tools at his disposal, but unfortunately, I know little about him, other than the fact that he's fun and likable, and breaks the fourth wall in "Uprising". A lot. Although, maybe Palutena should be in his place? She is a goddess, after all. I dunno... And Dark Pit is listed since he's the same thing, but a different attitude, and likes the color black for his clothing. (Thanks to Marigi174 for the heads up)

Last edited:

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
:4pit:5. Pit is angelic, and has all kinds of powerful divine weapons and tools at his disposal, but unfortunately, I know little about him, other than the fact that he's fun and likable, and breaks the fourth wall in "Uprising". A lot. Although, maybe Palutena should be in his place? She is a goddess, after all. I dunno...
Might as well slash Dark Pit with Pit because the former is literally a clone of him in Kid Icarus: Uprising with a preference for black, except with Pit's pre-Uprising rebelliousness (as confirmed when he states that he has all of Pit's original attitudes) and a far cooler persona.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
Is it okay with everyone if I go ahead and replace :4marth:and:4robinm:with other characters? Fire Emblem is sort of hard to find attack strength, range, etc. for since it's so open-ended and customizable, and what info there is is a bit too unclear to really draw a good conclusion. My suggestions to replace them with are :4fox: and :4luigi:unless someone else has another idea. Thoughts?
I'll do research on both if I have to, I don't think it's entirely necessary to replace those two. Also, Lucas instead of Fox if we do change the bracket. I would prefer if someone else who seems to have plenty of knowledge on Fire Emblem (Awakening) to detail Robin's abilities, as Marth is just a swordsman with the ability to seal all direct non-dragon attacks. Robin is more complicated

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'll do research on both if I have to, I don't think it's entirely necessary to replace those two. Also, Lucas instead of Fox if we do change the bracket. I would prefer if someone else who seems to have plenty of knowledge on Fire Emblem (Awakening) to detail Robin's abilities, as Marth is just a swordsman with the ability to seal all direct non-dragon attacks. Robin is more complicated
I tried doing research, but I couldn't find a comprehensive source for the FE characters. If you're willing to do the research and do those analyses, though, then go right ahead.

The Smashor

Smash Cadet
I know nothing about most serises, but I think :4mario: vs :mewtwopm: will work fine.
Rules:
In a area with an 10 mile unbreakable floor and an 100 mile unpassable wall and cealing. No teleporting fighters out of the arena or to get them to die of a fall. :4mario: can only use super star once!
:4mario:Mario:
He has power ups gallore. The only banned one is the invincabilaty leaf for Super mario bros 3D world.
These are the ones that will be used.
Fire Flower: Allows him to shoot fireballs.
P-Wing: Allows infatinte flight and you can hit enemys with your tail. You can also turn into a stachue if you get a tonooki suit, witch we'll asume he has.
Ice Flower: Freezes enemys in ice with Iceballs.
Blue Shell (New Super Mario Bros): Can slide around bumping to things.
Super Star: Grants Limited Invincibilaty and hurts all he hits (reveled to not be a insta-KO in Bowsers inside story)
Hammer Suit: Allows him to throw hammers
Super Bell: Turns Mario into Cat Mario, allowing him to use a variaty of clawing attacks.
Plus, Mario can stomp, use a hammer and has superhuman strenth. Strong enough to throw :4bowser:!
any attacks that Mewtwo uses will make Mario louse his power-up if they hit.
:mewtwopm:Mewtwo:
Pokemon only have 4 attacks, so he will have the following attacks:
Psystrike: Can't be doged and dose 100 damage. can use 10 times.
Protect: Sorrounds Mewtwo with an invincible forcefeild for a few seconds. 10 uses.
Phychic: Uses phychic power to control things. 16 uses.
Shadow Ball: Lanches a ball of shadow at oppoments. can't miss. 80 dmg. 16 uses
He can attack with punches, kicks, and his tail as well.

:4mario:'s attack: Shoots Fireballs useing fire flower.
:mewtwopm:'s Counter: use protect. 9 more uses!
:4mario:'s Counter Counter: Limited uses. Mario can keep throwing fireballs as long as he has his fire flower. Unlike Protect.
:mewtwopm:'s Counter Counter Counter: Speed: Mewtwo is a vary fast pokemon. Even slow Hammer Bros. can dodge Mario's Fireballs.

:4mario:'s attack: P-wing: He can fly and smack Mewtwo with his tail.
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Speed: He can dodge it. Mario can't get close enough!
:4mario:'s counter counter: Don't use it!: Save it for later!

:4mario:'s attack: Ice Flower: He can freeze Mewtwo in ICE!
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Speed: He can dodge Mario's slow iceballs
:4mario:'s counter counter: Don't give up!: Mewtwo will eventualy get tired.
:mewtwopm:'s counter counter counter: Use shadow ball: It will make Mario louse his ice flower. It can't miss! 14 shadow balls left
:4mario:'s counter counter counter counter: Freeze or Destroy the shadow ball: Ice flower can freeze projectiles to!
:mewtwopm:'s counter counter counter counter counter: Speed + Tail: Go behind Mario and attack with his tail. No more ice flower!

:4mario:'s attack: Blue Shell: Slide around to attack.
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Psychic: Get Mario out of that shell and hit him!! 15 uses left!
:4mario:'s counter counter: none. He can't do anything about it but :crying:!

:4mario:'s attack: Super Star!!!!: What else is there to say but he gets speed!
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Protect: He can protect himself for the duration of the attack at the cost of all his uses of protect!

:4mario:'s attack: Hammer Suit: Can throw hammers.
:mewtwopm:'s counter: endurence: he can stand a few hammers so he can get that thing of Mario!

:4mario:'s attack: Cat Mario!!: Scratch and scratch and things like that!
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Shadow ball: Can't miss. No more Cat Mario. 14 uses left.

:4mario:'s attack: Basic attacks: Stomps, hits, the works.
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Speed: we've gone over this!

:mewtwopm:'s attack: Basic: He can attack Mario
:4mario:'s counter: P-wing: The one from earlyer.

:mewtwopm:'s attack: Shadow Ball and Psystrike: They can't miss.

Mario has good power ups, but he's no match for Mewtwo. Anti-missing attacks and easy dodges from Mewtwo. It's a good thing they would never fight outside of smash, because if they did, Mario would be no more.

WINNER: :mewtwopm:!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I know nothing about most serises, but I think :4mario: vs :mewtwopm: will work fine.
Rules:
In a area with an 10 mile unbreakable floor and an 100 mile unpassable wall and cealing. No teleporting fighters out of the arena or to get them to die of a fall. :4mario: can only use super star once!
:4mario:Mario:
He has power ups gallore. The only banned one is the invincabilaty leaf for Super mario bros 3D world.
These are the ones that will be used.
Fire Flower: Allows him to shoot fireballs.
P-Wing: Allows infatinte flight and you can hit enemys with your tail. You can also turn into a stachue if you get a tonooki suit, witch we'll asume he has.
Ice Flower: Freezes enemys in ice with Iceballs.
Blue Shell (New Super Mario Bros): Can slide around bumping to things.
Super Star: Grants Limited Invincibilaty and hurts all he hits (reveled to not be a insta-KO in Bowsers inside story)
Hammer Suit: Allows him to throw hammers
Super Bell: Turns Mario into Cat Mario, allowing him to use a variaty of clawing attacks.
Plus, Mario can stomp, use a hammer and has superhuman strenth. Strong enough to throw :4bowser:!
any attacks that Mewtwo uses will make Mario louse his power-up if they hit.
:mewtwopm:Mewtwo:
Pokemon only have 4 attacks, so he will have the following attacks:
Psystrike: Can't be doged and dose 100 damage. can use 10 times.
Protect: Sorrounds Mewtwo with an invincible forcefeild for a few seconds. 10 uses.
Phychic: Uses phychic power to control things. 16 uses.
Shadow Ball: Lanches a ball of shadow at oppoments. can't miss. 80 dmg. 16 uses
He can attack with punches, kicks, and his tail as well.

:4mario:'s attack: Shoots Fireballs useing fire flower.
:mewtwopm:'s Counter: use protect. 9 more uses!
:4mario:'s Counter Counter: Limited uses. Mario can keep throwing fireballs as long as he has his fire flower. Unlike Protect.
:mewtwopm:'s Counter Counter Counter: Speed: Mewtwo is a vary fast pokemon. Even slow Hammer Bros. can dodge Mario's Fireballs.

:4mario:'s attack: P-wing: He can fly and smack Mewtwo with his tail.
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Speed: He can dodge it. Mario can't get close enough!
:4mario:'s counter counter: Don't use it!: Save it for later!

:4mario:'s attack: Ice Flower: He can freeze Mewtwo in ICE!
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Speed: He can dodge Mario's slow iceballs
:4mario:'s counter counter: Don't give up!: Mewtwo will eventualy get tired.
:mewtwopm:'s counter counter counter: Use shadow ball: It will make Mario louse his ice flower. It can't miss! 14 shadow balls left
:4mario:'s counter counter counter counter: Freeze or Destroy the shadow ball: Ice flower can freeze projectiles to!
:mewtwopm:'s counter counter counter counter counter: Speed + Tail: Go behind Mario and attack with his tail. No more ice flower!

:4mario:'s attack: Blue Shell: Slide around to attack.
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Psychic: Get Mario out of that shell and hit him!! 15 uses left!
:4mario:'s counter counter: none. He can't do anything about it but :crying:!

:4mario:'s attack: Super Star!!!!: What else is there to say but he gets speed!
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Protect: He can protect himself for the duration of the attack at the cost of all his uses of protect!

:4mario:'s attack: Hammer Suit: Can throw hammers.
:mewtwopm:'s counter: endurence: he can stand a few hammers so he can get that thing of Mario!

:4mario:'s attack: Cat Mario!!: Scratch and scratch and things like that!
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Shadow ball: Can't miss. No more Cat Mario. 14 uses left.

:4mario:'s attack: Basic attacks: Stomps, hits, the works.
:mewtwopm:'s counter: Speed: we've gone over this!

:mewtwopm:'s attack: Basic: He can attack Mario
:4mario:'s counter: P-wing: The one from earlyer.

:mewtwopm:'s attack: Shadow Ball and Psystrike: They can't miss.

Mario has good power ups, but he's no match for Mewtwo. Anti-missing attacks and easy dodges from Mewtwo. It's a good thing they would never fight outside of smash, because if they did, Mario would be no more.

WINNER: :mewtwopm:!!!!!!!!!!!
We're doing a tournament right now, with predetermined matches. :mewtwopm: already lost to :ganondorf:, and :mario2: will fight :marth:.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
:rosalina: vs :4palutena:
FIGHT!!!
Rules have been stated above and I'm too lazy to list them again
All powers from Kid Icarus Uprising
Let's start it off!

Attacker: Palutena
:4palutena:'s attack: Time for a sacrifice!
Palutena has a PLETHORA of different light based projectiles, from three homing shots, to three pillars of light, to three slow moving balls of light, or a halo that fires three different shots, to three fast straight moving shots.
:rosalina:'s counter: Barrier/ Lumas/ Getting out of the way
In any of these cases the Lumas could protect Rosalina from any real harm, I would think her forcefield would help too. And most of these attacks are so slow she could probably move out of the way
:4palutena:'s Counter x2: Homing Boost
The Homing boost makes the attacks easier to land, but that doesn't really get around...
:rosalina:'s counter x3: Still Lumas
The attacks may be easier to hit but they won't get by the Lumas

:4palutena:'s attack: Palutena Glam Blaster!
Giant mega death laser of death. Killed the main Hewdraw body in one shot
:rosalina:'s counter: Takes too long
The Glam Blaster takes forever to charge. She wouldn't have nearly enough time to charge the attack before Rosalina attacked her

:4palutena:'s attack: Heavenly Light
While not a direct attack, it can still add some chip damage.
:rosalina:"s counter: N/A
Rosalina has no way of preventing this attack from doing damage, but the damage is pretty negligible

:4palutena:'s attack: Mega Laser
A large laser that activates instantly and pierces some defenses
:rosalina:'s counter: Gravity?
The lumas are too flimsy to protect their mother from the laser, but if she had a large body in the way (say a planetoid or star or something) it would take the hit instead. So the only way she could avoid this attack is if Rosalina had protection beforehand

:4palutena:'s attack: Black Hole!
A black hole-esque object that has a strong gravitational pull and does damage at the middle
:rosalina:'s counter: It doesn't effect the wild Rosalina...
Rosalina has, on numerous occasions, displayed a general lack of influence from gravity. Even floating in front of what looks like a supermassive black hole without budging an inch

:4palutena:'s attack: Explosive Flame!
An explosive flame, nothing else to see here
:rosalina:'s counter: It still doesn't effect the wild Rosalina...
In SMG Rosalina can usually be found casually standing in front of a blue-white star, which can be upwards of 10,000 Kelvin or 17540.33 Fahrenheit. The explosive flame only seems to be a red flame which at hottest can reach 1,500+ degrees F.

:4palutena:'s attack: Meteor Shower!
Meteor like projectiles rain from the sky in an erratic fashion
:rosalina:'s counter: Inaccuracy/ Lumas
Besides the fact that most of the meteors will completely miss, the Lumas could create a sort of shield around Rosalina

:4palutena:'s attack: MELEE!
When all else fails right? Palutena has a spin attack as well as a charge to hit close enemies
:rosalina:'s counter: Shield
Rosalina's shield comes into effect here as these single hit melee attacks are what the shield blocked in the original SMG

:4palutena:'s attack: Cover your eyes!
A flash bang effect, only works at close range.
:rosalina:'s counter: Lumas/ why would I be close anyway?
There's really no reason Rosalina would be close to Palutena, but if she did get hit her Lumas would be at the ready to protect her

Alright
Attacker: Rosalina
:rosalina:'s attack: Spinning!
An up close melee attack, can be performed by the Lumas at a much safer distance
:4palutena:'s counter: Well...Counter.
The counter power allows the user to instantly attack whoever attacked them last, the user won't flinch from the last attack they took

:rosalina:'s attack: Star Bits!
More of an annoyance than anything, can be used to stun enemies
:4palutena:'s counter: Reflect Barrier/ That really all you got?
Besides the star bits being incredibly weak, they could be reflected by the reflect barrier

:rosalina:'s attack: PLANET IN UR FACE!!
Causing a Luma to violently explode into a galaxy in your opponent's face probably doesn't feel too good
:4palutena:'s counter: Brief Invincibility
The small window of invincibility from this power gives her just enough time to escape being blown to bits

:rosalina:'s attack: How bout a REAL star!
An appropriately sized star would roast her foes alive without much resistance
:4palutena:'s Counter: N/A
This would cover the entire area, Palutena can't stay invincible forever

:rosalina:'s attack: And how about a real black hole!
A more realistic black hole created from a Luma gone supermassive
:4palutena:'s counter: N/A
Palutena would be ripped to shreds with no way of escaping the Black Hole's pull

Summary
While Palutena certainly had the advantage in variety, Rosalina didn't need variety to put the goddess of light in her place.

WINNER: Rosalina and Luma(s)

A lot of Lumas were harmed in the creation of this analysis.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
:rosalina: vs :4palutena:
FIGHT!!!
Rules have been stated above and I'm too lazy to list them again
All powers from Kid Icarus Uprising
Let's start it off!

Attacker: Palutena
:4palutena:'s attack: Time for a sacrifice!
Palutena has a PLETHORA of different light based projectiles, from three homing shots, to three pillars of light, to three slow moving balls of light, or a halo that fires three different shots, to three fast straight moving shots.
:rosalina:'s counter: Barrier/ Lumas/ Getting out of the way
In any of these cases the Lumas could protect Rosalina from any real harm, I would think her forcefield would help too. And most of these attacks are so slow she could probably move out of the way
:4palutena:'s Counter x2: Homing Boost
The Homing boost makes the attacks easier to land, but that doesn't really get around...
:rosalina:'s counter x3: Still Lumas
The attacks may be easier to hit but they won't get by the Lumas

:4palutena:'s attack: Palutena Glam Blaster!
Giant mega death laser of death. Killed the main Hewdraw body in one shot
:rosalina:'s counter: Takes too long
The Glam Blaster takes forever to charge. She wouldn't have nearly enough time to charge the attack before Rosalina attacked her

:4palutena:'s attack: Heavenly Light
While not a direct attack, it can still add some chip damage.
:rosalina:"s counter: N/A
Rosalina has no way of preventing this attack from doing damage, but the damage is pretty negligible

:4palutena:'s attack: Mega Laser
A large laser that activates instantly and pierces some defenses
:rosalina:'s counter: Gravity?
The lumas are too flimsy to protect their mother from the laser, but if she had a large body in the way (say a planetoid or star or something) it would take the hit instead. So the only way she could avoid this attack is if Rosalina had protection beforehand

:4palutena:'s attack: Black Hole!
A black hole-esque object that has a strong gravitational pull and does damage at the middle
:rosalina:'s counter: It doesn't effect the wild Rosalina...
Rosalina has, on numerous occasions, displayed a general lack of influence from gravity. Even floating in front of what looks like a supermassive black hole without budging an inch

:4palutena:'s attack: Explosive Flame!
An explosive flame, nothing else to see here
:rosalina:'s counter: It still doesn't effect the wild Rosalina...
In SMG Rosalina can usually be found casually standing in front of a blue-white star, which can be upwards of 10,000 Kelvin or 17540.33 Fahrenheit. The explosive flame only seems to be a red flame which at hottest can reach 1,500+ degrees F.

:4palutena:'s attack: Meteor Shower!
Meteor like projectiles rain from the sky in an erratic fashion
:rosalina:'s counter: Inaccuracy/ Lumas
Besides the fact that most of the meteors will completely miss, the Lumas could create a sort of shield around Rosalina

:4palutena:'s attack: MELEE!
When all else fails right? Palutena has a spin attack as well as a charge to hit close enemies
:rosalina:'s counter: Shield
Rosalina's shield comes into effect here as these single hit melee attacks are what the shield blocked in the original SMG

:4palutena:'s attack: Cover your eyes!
A flash bang effect, only works at close range.
:rosalina:'s counter: Lumas/ why would I be close anyway?
There's really no reason Rosalina would be close to Palutena, but if she did get hit her Lumas would be at the ready to protect her

Alright
Attacker: Rosalina
:rosalina:'s attack: Spinning!
An up close melee attack, can be performed by the Lumas at a much safer distance
:4palutena:'s counter: Well...Counter.
The counter power allows the user to instantly attack whoever attacked them last, the user won't flinch from the last attack they took

:rosalina:'s attack: Star Bits!
More of an annoyance than anything, can be used to stun enemies
:4palutena:'s counter: Reflect Barrier/ That really all you got?
Besides the star bits being incredibly weak, they could be reflected by the reflect barrier

:rosalina:'s attack: PLANET IN UR FACE!!
Causing a Luma to violently explode into a galaxy in your opponent's face probably doesn't feel too good
:4palutena:'s counter: Brief Invincibility
The small window of invincibility from this power gives her just enough time to escape being blown to bits

:rosalina:'s attack: How bout a REAL star!
An appropriately sized star would roast her foes alive without much resistance
:4palutena:'s Counter: N/A
This would cover the entire area, Palutena can't stay invincible forever

:rosalina:'s attack: And how about a real black hole!
A more realistic black hole created from a Luma gone supermassive
:4palutena:'s counter: N/A
Palutena would be ripped to shreds with no way of escaping the Black Hole's pull

Summary
While Palutena certainly had the advantage in variety, Rosalina didn't need variety to put the goddess of light in her place.

WINNER: Rosalina and Luma(s)

A lot of Lumas were harmed in the creation of this analysis.
Nice! Adding to the bracket.
This only leaves :4mario:VS:4marth: and :4robinm:VS:4pit: for the current round, if anyone wants to do those! :)

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
Might as well slash Dark Pit with Pit because the former is literally a clone of him in Kid Icarus: Uprising with a preference for black, except with Pit's pre-Uprising rebelliousness (as confirmed when he states that he has all of Pit's original attitudes) and a far cooler persona.
Aaaand, edited!

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
In the interest of moving things along, could someone with FE info please do the analyses for :4marth:and:4robinm:? If no one shows interest in doing them, then I'll just go ahead and replace them.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
IIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN this corner, it's the flightless angel, the number-one fourth-wall-breaker in the divine world, Goddess Palutena's right hand man! :4pit: joins the battle!
AAAANNNNDDDD on the opposite end of the ring, it's the man of many names, egos, and weapons, the mysterious cloaked warrior, slayer of demons!:4robinm: joins the battle!

:4pit:VS:4robinm:
FIGHT!!!

First off, some ground rules:

• The battlefield is a ten-mile-wide square arena, with a solid concrete floor and infinitely thick and infinitely high solid steel walls; nothing comes in, nothing comes out.
  • No ally assistance is allowed here.
  • Any ammo/use count/etc. that applies in the source game applies here, and each character gets a full stock of one-use items.
  • No time travel, teleportation, etc. to escape; if a combatant is absent from the arena for more than ten seconds of normal time, they forfeit the match.
  • Limited-use attacks, techniques, etc. cannot be used to counter attacks that can be used more than them (for instance, if Pit used a used a one-time-use block/dodge to protect against one of Robin's sword attacks, he could simply swing the sword again after the shield/dodge was used up and Pit would have to do something different; thus, I will be skipping to the second time).
  • All items, techniques, attacks, etc. the character has used are compiled here.
  • Pit gets all of his weapons from KI: Uprising, and can switch between them at will; however, he will not get the Powers, since those are granted to him by Palutena, but he will be allowed to fly for a little bit (not for the five minutes Palutena's Power of Flight grants, however).
  • Robin gets to use all of his classes from FE: Awakening, and can switch between them at will; however, only the male classes will be used (so no female-exclusive classes like the bride).
  • If there are any abilities I don't list, it's simply because I didn't feel that they would have a major impact due to either other abilities being superior or similar to the unlisted ability (or they violate the rules listed above).
With the ground rules out of the way, let's get right into this analysis! First up,:4pit:is on the offensive!

:4pit:'s Attack: Bow
Pit's preferred weapon type, the Bow allows Pit to fire guided shots to home in on enemies; this allows Pit to easily hit moving targets from a safe distance. Notable Bow variants include:
  • The Fortune Bow is a rather basic Bow, but has an added perk of getting more powerful the longer the arrow travels (shared with most Bows).
  • The Meteor Bow harnesses the power of comets to create three heat-seeking arrows, making it hard to avoid. The charge shot is very strong, harnessing the power of a meteor strike, but this Bow has subpar homing capabilities. However, this Bow has the longest range.
  • The Divine Bow is made from the wood of a sacred tree, and harnesses its fearsome power to give the benefits of stopping enemy fire, great homing abilities, and a quick charge time.
  • The Crystal Bow fires gems as projectiles, with high attack power but extremely short range.
  • The Hawkeye Bow shoots high-speed, long-range, projectile-eating shots, but suffers from a lack of melee capabilities and a long charge time.
  • The Sagittarius Bow is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons, and has a piercing effect to hit multiple foes at once, as well as swift arrows and decent damage; however, it has a rather long charge time.
  • The Palutena Bow is Pit's signature weapon. Most effective when used while dashing.
  • Finally, the Phosphora Bow is crafted from Phosphora's scarf, giving it lightning capabilities. The charged shots are a force to be reckoned with, with their great homing and speed; however, the rapid-fire shots have no homing properties, and the bow lacks power in general. That said, it still possesses a paralyzing effect to enemies it hits, and makes Pit faster while he's using the weapon.
Naturally, due to how these are all separate weapons, these effects cannot be stacked onto a single arrow, so Pit must choose carefully to best suit the situation at hand.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Paladin
When Robin promotes to the Paladin class, he rides a horse for better movement abilities. However, this class lacks in attack power, and is best used for evasion. Some Bows might be able to hit Robin due to the added projectile speed; however, these are usually plagued by a lengthy charge time, so Robin could likely still get away. That said, the faster-charging Bows could likely catch him off guard when, say, Robin is charging an attack.

:4pit:'s Attack: Arm
This weapon type has Pit don a large weapon covering his entire hand and arm, with great melee and ranged attack power via blunt force, but this weapon type somewhat lacks in range and is quite slow. Like Pit's other weapons, there are many variants:
  • The Crusher Arm is the basic Arm, which resembles a hammer but has a cannon inside to shoot metallic bolts at enemies.
  • The Compact Arm is lighter than other Arms and increases Pit's movement speed, but is lacking in attack power.
  • The Electroshock Arm shoots electric projectiles, which increase in size over time and can paralyze opponents. The melee attacks also knock foes back far distances.
  • The Volcano Arm is equipped with a miniature volcano (!), and can burn opponents but has a short range and long charge time, making it good for close range.
  • The Drill Arm has a massive drill on the end, but is not designed for melee attacks; instead, the drill fires off to home in on opponents and deal chip damage and scary knockback.
  • The Bowl Arm charges very quickly and homes in on enemies well, but the power is lacking. Shots from this roll along the ground rather than travelling through the air.
  • The Taurus Arm is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons, and has the best melee attacks out of any Arm as well as good ranged attacks. However, the ranged attacks lack range and homing ability.
  • The Upperdash Arm has weak regular melee attacks, but the dashing attack is quite powerful. The charge attack sends foes flying into the air.
  • Finally, the Phoenix Arm has the unusual property of its rapid fire having better range than its charge shot. This Arm also has a burning effect.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Well... Counter.
While Robin doesn't really have anything to let him negate the Arms, he could use his Counter ability to inflict half of the Arm's damage onto Pit (of course, Robin will still take the full damage of the attack, and this won't work against ranged attacks).

:4pit:'s Attack: Blade
The most basic weapon type, Blades are sword-like weapons with balanced abilities making them easy to use. Notable Blades include:
  • The First Blade is a balanced weapon, having decent melee and ranged attacks. However, it lacks particular strengths, and is obsolete when other Blades are available.
  • The Burst Blade fires multiple rotating charged shots, making it good at cancelling shots and giving it some leeway when it comes to aiming. However, it is rather weak and has a short range.
  • The Viper Blade can poison enemies, but is best at close range due to the fact that the projectiles lose power the farther they travel.
  • The Samurai Blade is great for melee attacks and grants Pit extra speed, but the projectiles are weaker and the charge time is lengthier.
  • The Bullet Blade resembles a machine gun, with powerful ranged attacks that don't lose damage over a distance but subpar homing and melee abilities.
  • The Aquarius Blade is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons, and can freeze opponents with the melee attacks. The projectiles can bounce off of surfaces, making it effective in closed areas.
  • Finally, the Palutena Blade can nullify projectiles, has good speed, and great range, but lacks in power.
:4robinm:'s Counter: No Ordinary Swordsman
Robin can also use swords, like the Levin Sword, and could likely take Pit on in swordplay. However, the ranged attacks might still give him trouble.

:4pit:'s Attack: Staff
Staffs are weapons with magical properties, great for sniping but lacking in close combat. The projectiles lack homing properties, so Pit's aim must be spot-on, and Pit is slower when holding one. Notable Staffs include:
  • The Insight Staff is the basic Staff, with no special attributes besides those all Staffs share.
  • The Rose Staff charges quickly and fires zigzagging projectiles. However, these move quite slowly, limiting their usefulness.
  • The Ancient Staff's projectiles expand as they travel and form a stationary barrier when they reach their maximum range, and can also paralyze opponents; however, Pit is at his slowest when holding this.
  • The Lancer Staff has homing capabilities and quick charge time at the cost of long-distance power and lacks effectiveness when uncharged.
  • Finally, the Scorpio Staff is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons; its range is somewhat short, but Pit's speed is increased while holding it and the shots have a poison effect.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Bow Knight
This class grants Robin both a horse and a bow, to evade and counter attack the Staff. This would be effective since Staffs require precise aiming, which would be difficult when Robin is on a fast-moving horse.

:4pit:'s Attack: Claws
This weapon type takes the form of clawed gloves covering the user's hands. These have great combo potential and are very swift, but lack severely in range. Notable Claws include:
  • The Tiger Claws are the basic Claws, with no special attributes other than striking with the swiftness and precision of a tiger.
  • The Wolf Claws are set on fire and can burn opponents, as well as firing guided shots (unusual for Claws).
  • The Brawler Claws don't actually have claws, instead resembling two clenched fists, and are among Pit's fastest weapons, boosting his speed more than any other weapon and attacking swiftly. However, they have a short range, even for Claws.
  • The Stealth Claws are very sneaky, attacking silently and firing invisible projectiles; however, the melee attacks are lacking.
  • The Hedgehog Claws have three long spikes and attack quickly while boosting the user's speed; however, they lack in damage.
  • Finally, the Cancer Claws are one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons and has a rapid-fire attack that increases the user's running speed while it is being used.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Sniper
Since the Claws lack in range, Robin could use one of his ranged attacks (such as the Sniper class's bow) to keep his distance.

:4pit:'s Attack: Club
This weapon type is one of the strongest in Pit's arsenal, but at a cost of slower attacks and movement. Excels at close range, but is lacking at long range due to the lack of rapid-fire attacks. The projectiles can pass through walls. Notable Clubs include:
  • The Ore Club is the basic Club, made of raw ore from the Mountain of the Gods. Can launch shockwaves when struck on the ground, as well as tornadoes which can hit multiple foes.
  • The Babel Club resembles a towering mountain with clouds circling it. Can create shockwaves of dust, and the projectiles have irregular paths with potential to deal multiple hits to one opponent. However, it takes an extremely long time to charge, longer than any other of Pit's weapons!
  • The Atlas Club has better homing capabilities than other Clubs and doesn't slow the user down, but cannot pass through walls.
  • The Earthmaul Club has the longest range of all Pit's weapons, with its projectiles travelling over 400 feet, and they can also bounce off of walls.
  • The Halo Club's projectiles are more effective at long range and can paralyze opponents, as well as being quicker with its attacks. However, this small size also makes it a weaker melee weapon.
  • The Black Club can unleash a tower of spinning gears that homes in on opponents or a giant metal ball.
  • Finally, the Capricorn Club is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons and fires fast projectiles with a fast charge time. However, these lack range, lose power as they travel, and won't cancel foes' shots.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Well... Counter.
While Robin doesn't really have anything to let him negate the Clubs, he could use his Counter ability to inflict half of the Club's damage onto Pit (of course, Robin will still take the full damage of the attack, and this won't work against ranged attacks).

:4pit:'s Attack: Orbitars
This weapon type is not held by Pit; instead, it is a pair of weapons floating around Pit to perform different functions, and also leaving him open to use another weapon in addition to the Orbitars (this isn't shown in-game, but I'll add it because logic). Most shots grow stronger as they travel, making them excellent for attacking from a distance. Notable Orbitars include:
  • The Standard Orbitars are basic, as the name implies, and resemble blue crystal balls. They share all of the attributes mentioned above with the other Orbitars.
  • The Guardian Orbitars can create large shield-shaped barriers of energy to block attacks, but lack in attack power due to their defensive nature.
  • The Shock Orbitars can fire homing projectiles with a paralyzing effect, but lack in range.
  • The Fairy Orbitars can confuse hit opponents, and have a quick charge time.
  • The Paw Pad Orbitars have projectiles that bounce along the ground.
  • The Boom Orbitars fire cannonballs that can bounce off of surfaces and have the strongest attack power out of the Orbitars. However, they won't home in on enemies, and repeated usage slows Pit down.
  • Finally, the Gemini Orbitars are one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons, and swerve towards the target after going straight for a second.
:4robinm:'s Counter: N/A
The Orbitars have many purposes, and since Pit can combine these with his other weapons, they make it quite difficult for Robin to approach Pit.

:4pit:'s Attack: Three Sacred Treasures/Great Sacred Treasure
While the Three Sacred Treasures are very powerful as-is (have you seen his Final Smash?!), they pale in comparison to Pit's ultimate weapon, which is the Great Sacred Treasure! This is more of a towering mech than a weapon, and it has multiple forms for different purposes. However, the only one Pit would really need in the fight is the Standard Form. This form is the most powerful, able to release massive explosions, homing lasers, flaming shots, electric shots, water, whirlwinds, large balls of fire or electricity, shots that hover and pull enemies towards it, a charged mega-laser beam attack and more. It can teleport and ram into opponents, and has an even more powerful attack which takes five seconds to charge up, but then unleashes a devastating beam of energy for a one-hit KO on nearly any enemy.
:4robinm:'s Counter: ...
I got nothin'.

With Pit's attacks done and dusted, it looks like he has quite the advantage here! However, let's see if Robin can match this impressive arsenal...

:4robinm:'s Attack: Grandmaster
Represented in Smash 4's Robin character, the Grandmaster class has great commanding ability and also allows Robin to use both Swords and Tomes. The Levin Sword is Robin's signature blade, and possesses electrical abilities. Since Robin is rather skilled in Magic usage, these attacks are quite powerful. Notable Tomes include:
  • Nosferatu recovers half of the damage done to the enemy to Robin (so if the attack deals 10 damage, Robin is healed for 5 damage). Requires the target to be close to Robin.
  • Arcfire is a powerful fire-based attack, which creates a pillar of fire upon landing on the ground. The flames could possibly singe Pit's wings to hinder his flight.
  • Meteor summons a meteor shower to attack opponents, dealing high damage; however, it is rather inaccurate, and has few uses.
  • Bolganone creates a volcano in the ground, causing a full-scale eruption! Not as powerful as Meteor, but is more accurate.
  • Arcwind is a wind-type attack, so it is useful against aerial opponents (read: Pit). It summons green wind blades from all angles, but could be escaped via moving vertically.
  • Tornado is wind-based as well, and useful against flying foes. It's not as powerful as Thoron or Bolganone, but is faster than those attacks.
  • Arcthunder summons multiple lightning bolts from the skies to strike down on the opponent, dealing heavy damage.
  • Thoron encases the target inside of an orb of pure electricity, keeping them in place, damaging them, and leaving them open to attack.
:4pit:'s Counter: Blade/Guardian Orbitars/Speed
Pit could counter the Levin Sword with one of his own Blades, block any of the attacks with his Guardian Orbitars, and dodge most of the attacks with the Brawler Gloves' speed boost.

:4robinm:'s Attack: Great Knight
The Great Knight class gives Robin heavy armor, a mount, and powerful attacks with a variety of Swords, Lances, and Axes; however, they are quite slow.
:4pit:'s Counter: Speed/Firepower
Pit's speed is much better than that of a large, bulky suit of armor, and he could attack with any of his weapons even with Robin's added defense.

:4robinm:'s Attack: General
This class also has Robin don a suit of armor, but with more armor and less horse. Even slower, larger, stronger, and tougher than the Great Knight class.
:4pit:'s Counter: Speed/Firepower
Pit's speed is much better than that of a large, bulky suit of armor, and he could attack with any of his weapons even with Robin's added defense.

:4robinm:'s Attack: Sniper
This grants Robin great ranged attacks with a powerful bow, comparable to Pit's Staffs.
:4pit:'s Counter: Guardian Orbitars
The Guardian Orbitars can negate most attacks, including the arrows.

:4robinm:'s Attack: Sorcerer
This allows Robin to use all of the different Tomes, including those not granted to Grandmasters.
:4pit:'s Counter: Guardian Orbitars/Speed
Pit could block any of the attacks with his Guardian Orbitars and dodge most of the attacks with the Brawler Gloves' speed boost.

:4robinm:'s Attack: Griffon Rider
Robin mounts a griffon (flying lion with the head of an eagle) for great aerial mobility, speed, and dodging ability.
:4pit:'s Counter: Flight/Ranged Attacks
While Pit can't use the full Power of Flight without Palutena's help, he could use his wings to fly and glide short distances. Alternatively, he could simply use his weapons' ranged attacks (which most of his weapons have) to shoot Robin down from the skies.

CONCLUSION:
While Robin's different classes give him some nice variety, Pit's superior adaptability, firepower, and maneuverability are just too much for even an unordinary swordsman to handle.
WINNER: :4pit:

This analysis is part of the bracket

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
IIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN this corner, it's the flightless angel, the number-one fourth-wall-breaker in the divine world, Goddess Palutena's right hand man! :4pit: joins the battle!
AAAANNNNDDDD on the opposite end of the ring, it's the man of many names, egos, and weapons, the mysterious cloaked warrior, slayer of demons!:4robinm: joins the battle!

:4pit:VS:4robinm:
FIGHT!!!

First off, some ground rules:

• The battlefield is a ten-mile-wide square arena, with a solid concrete floor and infinitely thick and infinitely high solid steel walls; nothing comes in, nothing comes out.
  • No ally assistance is allowed here.
  • No time travel, teleportation, etc. to escape; if a combatant is absent from the arena for more than ten seconds of normal time, they forfeit the match.
  • Limited-use attacks, techniques, etc. cannot be used to counter attacks that can be used more than them (for instance, if Pit used a used a one-time-use block/dodge to protect against one of Robin's sword attacks, he could simply swing the sword again after the shield/dodge was used up and Pit would have to do something different; thus, I will be skipping to the second time).
  • All items, techniques, attacks, etc. the character has used are compiled here.
  • Pit gets all of his weapons from KI: Uprising, and can switch between them at will; however, he will not get the Powers, since those are granted to him by Palutena, but he will be allowed to fly for a little bit (not for the five minutes Palutena's Power of Flight grants, however).
  • Robin gets to use all of his classes from FE: Awakening, and can switch between them at will; however, only the male classes will be used (so no female-exclusive classes like the bride).
With the ground rules out of the way, let's get right into this analysis! First up,:4pit:is on the offensive!

:4pit:'s Attack: Bow
Pit's preferred weapon type, the Bow allows Pit to fire guided shots to home in on enemies; this allows Pit to easily hit moving targets from a safe distance. Notable Bow variants include:
  • The Fortune Bow is a rather basic Bow, but has an added perk of getting more powerful the longer the arrow travels (shared with most Bows).
  • The Meteor Bow harnesses the power of comets to create three heat-seeking arrows, making it hard to avoid. The charge shot is very strong, harnessing the power of a meteor strike, but this Bow has subpar homing capabilities. However, this Bow has the longest range.
  • The Divine Bow is made from the wood of a sacred tree, and harnesses its fearsome power to give the benefits of stopping enemy fire, great homing abilities, and a quick charge time.
  • The Crystal Bow fires gems as projectiles, with high attack power but extremely short range.
  • The Hawkeye Bow shoots high-speed, long-range, projectile-eating shots, but suffers from a lack of melee capabilities and a long charge time.
  • The Sagittarius Bow is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons, and has a piercing effect to hit multiple foes at once, as well as swift arrows and decent damage; however, it has a rather long charge time.
  • The Palutena Bow is Pit's signature weapon. Most effective when used while dashing.
  • Finally, the Phosphora Bow is crafted from Phosphora's scarf, giving it lightning capabilities. The charged shots are a force to be reckoned with, with their great homing and speed; however, the rapid-fire shots have no homing properties, and the bow lacks power in general. That said, it still possesses a paralyzing effect to enemies it hits, and makes Pit faster while he's using the weapon.
Naturally, due to how these are all separate weapons, these effects cannot be stacked onto a single arrow, so Pit must choose carefully to best suit the situation at hand.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Paladin
When Robin promotes to the Paladin class, he rides a horse for better movement abilities. However, this class lacks in attack power, and is best used for evasion. Some Bows might be able to hit Robin due to the added projectile speed; however, these are usually plagued by a lengthy charge time, so Robin could likely still get away. That said, the faster-charging Bows could likely catch him off guard when, say, Robin is charging an attack.

:4pit:'s Attack: Arm
This weapon type has Pit don a large weapon covering his entire hand and arm, with great melee and ranged attack power via blunt force, but this weapon type somewhat lacks in range and is quite slow. Like Pit's other weapons, there are many variants:
  • The Crusher Arm is the basic Arm, which resembles a hammer but has a cannon inside to shoot metallic bolts at enemies.
  • The Compact Arm is lighter than other Arms and increases Pit's movement speed, but is lacking in attack power.
  • The Electroshock Arm shoots electric projectiles, which increase in size over time and can paralyze opponents. The melee attacks also knock foes back far distances.
  • The Volcano Arm is equipped with a miniature volcano (!), and can burn opponents but has a short range and long charge time, making it good for close range.
  • The Drill Arm has a massive drill on the end, but is not designed for melee attacks; instead, the drill fires off to home in on opponents and deal chip damage and scary knockback.
  • The Bowl Arm charges very quickly and homes in on enemies well, but the power is lacking. Shots from this roll along the ground rather than travelling through the air.
  • The Taurus Arm is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons, and has the best melee attacks out of any Arm as well as good ranged attacks. However, the ranged attacks lack range and homing ability.
  • The Upperdash Arm has weak regular melee attacks, but the dashing attack is quite powerful. The charge attack sends foes flying into the air.
  • Finally, the Phoenix Arm has the unusual property of its rapid fire having better range than its charge shot. This Arm also has a burning effect.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Dodge Maybe?
While Robin doesn't really have anything to let him negate the Arms, he could perhaps dodge them since they tend to be quite slow.

:4pit:'s Attack: Blade
The most basic weapon type, Blades are sword-like weapons with balanced abilities making them easy to use. Notable Blades include:
  • The First Blade is a balanced weapon, having decent melee and ranged attacks. However, it lacks particular strengths, and is obsolete when other Blades are available.
  • The Burst Blade fires multiple rotating charged shots, making it good at cancelling shots and giving it some leeway when it comes to aiming. However, it is rather weak and has a short range.
  • The Viper Blade can poison enemies, but is best at close range due to the fact that the projectiles lose power the farther they travel.
  • The Samurai Blade is great for melee attacks and grants Pit extra speed, but the projectiles are weaker and the charge time is lengthier.
  • The Bullet Blade resembles a machine gun, with powerful ranged attacks that don't lose damage over a distance but subpar homing and melee abilities.
  • The Aquarius Blade is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons, and can freeze opponents with the melee attacks. The projectiles can bounce off of surfaces, making it effective in closed areas.
  • Finally, the Palutena Blade can nullify projectiles, has good speed, and great range, but lacks in power.
:4robinm:'s Counter: No Ordinary Swordsman
Robin can also use swords, like the Levin Sword, and could likely take Pit on in swordplay. However, the ranged attacks might still give him trouble.

:4pit:'s Attack: Staff
Staffs are weapons with magical properties, great for sniping but lacking in close combat. The projectiles lack homing properties, so Pit's aim must be spot-on, and Pit is slower when holding one. Notable Staffs include:
  • The Insight Staff is the basic Staff, with no special attributes besides those all Staffs share.
  • The Rose Staff charges quickly and fires zigzagging projectiles. However, these move quite slowly, limiting their usefulness.
  • The Ancient Staff's projectiles expand as they travel and form a stationary barrier when they reach their maximum range, and can also paralyze opponents; however, Pit is at his slowest when holding this.
  • The Lancer Staff has homing capabilities and quick charge time at the cost of long-distance power and lacks effectiveness when uncharged.
  • Finally, the Scorpio Staff is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons; its range is somewhat short, but Pit's speed is increased while holding it and the shots have a poison effect.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Paladin + Sniper
Robin could hop on the horse from his Paladin class for evasion and wield the bows from his Sniper class to attack from a distance. This would be effective since Staffs require precise aiming, which would be difficult when Robin is on a fast-moving horse.

:4pit:'s Attack: Claws
This weapon type takes the form of clawed gloves covering the user's hands. These have great combo potential and are very swift, but lack severely in range. Notable Claws include:
  • The Tiger Claws are the basic Claws, with no special attributes other than striking with the swiftness and precision of a tiger.
  • The Wolf Claws are set on fire and can burn opponents, as well as firing guided shots (unusual for Claws).
  • The Brawler Claws don't actually have claws, instead resembling two clenched fists, and are among Pit's fastest weapons, boosting his speed more than any other weapon and attacking swiftly. However, they have a short range, even for Claws.
  • The Stealth Claws are very sneaky, attacking silently and firing invisible projectiles; however, the melee attacks are lacking.
  • The Hedgehog Claws have three long spikes and attack quickly while boosting the user's speed; however, they lack in damage.
  • Finally, the Cancer Claws are one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons and has a rapid-fire attack that increases the user's running speed while it is being used.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Sniper
Since the Claws lack in range, Robin could use one of his ranged attacks (such as the Sniper class's bow) to keep his distance.

:4pit:'s Attack: Club
This weapon type is one of the strongest in Pit's arsenal, but at a cost of slower attacks and movement. Excels at close range, but is lacking at long range due to the lack of rapid-fire attacks. The projectiles can pass through walls. Notable Clubs include:
  • The Ore Club is the basic Club, made of raw ore from the Mountain of the Gods. Can launch shockwaves when struck on the ground, as well as tornadoes which can hit multiple foes.
  • The Babel Club resembles a towering mountain with clouds circling it. Can create shockwaves of dust, and the projectiles have irregular paths with potential to deal multiple hits to one opponent. However, it takes an extremely long time to charge, longer than any other of Pit's weapons!
  • The Atlas Club has better homing capabilities than other Clubs and doesn't slow the user down, but cannot pass through walls.
  • The Earthmaul Club has the longest range of all Pit's weapons, with its projectiles travelling over 400 feet, and they can also bounce off of walls.
  • The Halo Club's projectiles are more effective at long range and can paralyze opponents, as well as being quicker with its attacks. However, this small size also makes it a weaker melee weapon.
  • The Black Club can unleash a tower of spinning gears that homes in on opponents or a giant metal ball.
  • Finally, the Capricorn Club is one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons and fires fast projectiles with a fast charge time. However, these lack range, lose power as they travel, and won't cancel foes' shots.
:4robinm:'s Counter: Dodge Maybe?
While Robin doesn't really have anything to let him negate the Clubs, he could perhaps dodge them since they tend to be quite slow.

:4pit:'s Attack: Orbitars
This weapon type is not held by Pit; instead, it is a pair of weapons floating around Pit to perform different functions, and also leaving him open to use another weapon in addition to the Orbitars (this isn't shown in-game, but I'll add it because logic). Most shots grow stronger as they travel, making them excellent for attacking from a distance. Notable Orbitars include:
  • The Standard Orbitars are basic, as the name implies, and resemble blue crystal balls. They share all of the attributes mentioned above with the other Orbitars.
  • The Guardian Orbitars can create large shield-shaped barriers of energy to block attacks, but lack in attack power due to their defensive nature.
  • The Shock Orbitars can fire homing projectiles with a paralyzing effect, but lack in range.
  • The Fairy Orbitars can confuse hit opponents, and have a quick charge time.
  • The Paw Pad Orbitars have projectiles that bounce along the ground.
  • The Boom Orbitars fire cannonballs that can bounce off of surfaces and have the strongest attack power out of the Orbitars. However, they won't home in on enemies, and repeated usage slows Pit down.
  • Finally, the Gemini Orbitars are one of the twelve Zodiac Weapons, and swerve towards the target after going straight for a second.
:4robinm:'s Counter: N/A
The Orbitars have many purposes, and since Pit can combine these with his other weapons, they make it quite difficult for Robin to approach.

Phew! That was sort of exhausting. :p I can't finish this right now, but I'll go ahead and post the first half for now. If someone could write up a list of Robin's attacks in the meantime, that would be great! :)
He can use any of his moves from SSB. He can also use the following skills.
  • Hex: Lowers evasion of an enemy next to him.
  • Bowbreaker: Increases his stats against an enemy with a bow.
  • Counter
  • Luna: Halves Pit's defense.
By the way, doesn't the horse count as an ally? I'd just say he uses Avoid +10 for dodging.

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
He can use any of his moves from SSB. He can also use the following skills.
  • Hex: Lowers evasion of an enemy next to him.
  • Bowbreaker: Increases his stats against an enemy with a bow.
  • Counter
  • Luna: Halves Pit's defense.
By the way, doesn't the horse count as an ally? I'd just say he uses Avoid +10 for dodging.
Okay, thanks! :) As for the horse, perhaps, but Robin and the horse do count as one unit in FE. I'll see if I can replace it with something else, though.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I finished that :4pit:VS:4robinm:analysis! :)

This only leaves:4mario:VS:4marth:until the end of the first round! If anyone with FE knowledge could handle this one, that would be great! Feel free to use Mario's attacks section from my:4mario:VS:4sonic:analysis. :)

Last edited:

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
I keep trying to do this but my progress gets erased due to computer problems. So I keep having to go back to near the beginning. Just posting what I have now to show that I'm working on it.
:4mario:vs:4marth:
FIGHT!!!!
I'm getting too lazy to say I'm too lazy at this point. You know the rules.

Attacker: Mario

:4mario:'s attack: One hop this time!
The classic jump attack! Can be extended using the power bounce and multibounce
:4marth:'s counter: Upward slice
While Marth is already immune to being stomped on, he can also slash at Mario while he tries to jump on him

:4mario:'s attack: Hammer Time!
Smack him with a hammer! Can be charged for even more damage!
:4marth:'s counter: Parry
Again, Marth is immune to the hammer swings due to the Falchion but could probably parry Mario's blows anyway

:4mario:'s attack: Invincibility!
do do doo do do doo, do dodo doo
:4marth:'s Counter: Too Direct
The Falchion seals all damage done by all direct non-dragon attacks so none of Mario's melee attacks will work

:4mario:'s attack: Fireballs
Can't go wrong with the good old fire flower! Can shoot fireballs at a steady rate
:4marth:'s counter: Agility
Marth's highest stat is his speed which should allow him to avoid Mario's slow moving fireballs
:4mario:'s counter x2: Fire Flowers can be used as an item to shoot a huge spray of fire.

:4mario:'s attack: Firebrand
This is a short ranged burst of fire from Mario's palm that provides a work-around for the Falchion as it's technically not a direct attack
:4marth:'s counter: Zoning
Mario has to get rather close to use the firebrand, and that won't happen when he's being constantly kept away by the Falchion

:4mario:'s attack: Mega Quake/Fire Drive
Both are hammer attacks that can hit multiple enemies. Mega Quake hits all enemies touching the ground while Fire Drive hits all enemies close to the ground
:4marth:'s counter: Jumping? Attacking?
Marth may be able to jump over the heavily choreographed Mega Quake, but the Fire Drive would certainly hit him. Though he might be able to attack Mario before he can preform fire drive, or at least throw off his timing to take less damage

:4mario:'s attack: Earth Tremor
An attack using one of the crystal stars that hits all enemies and does more damage the longer it is charged
:4marth:'s counter: N/A
Marth has no way of dodging the attack or interrupting the attack as Mario rises higher and higher on the Diamond Star

:4mario:'s attack: Clock-Out
Has a chance to immobilize the opponents, freezes enemies for longer if charged longer
:4marth:'s Counter: Unreliability
Not only can Clock-Out completely miss, but it can also backfire on Mario leaving him wide open to attack

:4mario:'s attack: Supernova
The most powerful of the Crystal Star attacks, it does more damage the more it is charged
:4marth:'s counter: Break his concentration!
When using Supernova, Mario just stands around. If Marth charged him while Mario was charging he would probably take less damage. Something that he could heal off using the Falchion

:4mario:'s attack: Hammer Suit/Boomerang Suit
The hammer suit allows Mario to throw arching hammers, while the Boomerang Suit lets him throw large returning boomerangs
:4marth:'s counter: You're too slow!
The arc of the thrown hammers gives Marth more than enough time to dodge, while the boomerangs can be destroyed by sword strikes

Attacker: Marth

:4marth:'s attack: Slash! Slash! Slash!
Basic sword slices, has a small chance of tripling damage with a critical hit
:4mario:'s counter: Well, a few things actually
He could fly away using the Tanooki Suit, or turn to stone using the Tanooki Suit, or try to super guard to stop all damage done and counter attack if he has the reaction time

:4marth:'s attack: Sol
Basically a normal slash, but it allows Marth to heal half of the damage done
:4mario:'s counter: See above
As it's just a normal slash, Mario could still avoid it by flying away or hiding in a shell or something

:4marth:'s attack: Luna
An attack that halves enemy defense and resistance
:4mario:'s counter: See above again!
Fly away!!

:4marth:'s attack: Astra
A five hit combo, but each individual slash does half damage
:4mario:'s counter: Flying is Fun
Flying because Marth can't. He'll miss

Summary
This is a surprisingly close contest here. Mario's only reliable attacks are the Fire Flower, which he'd have to completely use to get a guaranteed hit, the Mega Quake and Fire Drive which need FP which he only has a limited supply of, and the Crystal Star attacks which need SP which is generated slowly by pulling off successful attacks, which he doesn't have many of. Marth on the other hand can't do much through general attacking as Mario can avoid them, but if Marth waited for Mario and countered accordingly he can get a few hits in, and Mario can't take a whole lot of punishment. Not to mention that Marth can heal himself, making Mario's job even harder. Although this is a close match, I feel Marth comes out on top.

Winner: Marth
Thank you Fire Emblem Wiki!

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
@ Nerdicon Nerdicon Nice work so far; can't wait until it's finished! Feel free to use my Mario VS Sonic analysis. :) If your computer is deleting your work, try writing the post in the basic editor (without clicking "More Options..."); it auto-saves your drafts to Smashboards, and it won't glitch out if the webpage crashes/gets closed/etc.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I have to ask one thing, did you take into account Robin's ability
to become the Fell Dragon Grima?
No, I didn't, because
Evil Robin from the future is a god; regular Robin merely has the potential to be one. Grima also isn't immortal; he can be killed by normal means, it would just be extremely difficult unless you have a divine weapon or a dragon slaying one. If he's not killed by Robin, he'll merely turn to bones and sleep for a millenia, which would count as a loss in this hypothetical situation.

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
I keep trying to do this but my progress gets erased due to computer problems. So I keep having to go back to near the beginning. Just posting what I have now to show that I'm working on it.
:4mario:vs:4marth:
FIGHT!!!!
I'm getting too lazy to say I'm too lazy at this point. You know the rules.

:4mario:'s attack: One hop this time!
The classic jump attack! Can be extended using the power bounce and multibounce
:4marth:'s counter: Upward slice
While Marth is already immune to being stomped on, he can also slash at Mario while he tries to jump on him

:4mario:'s attack: Hammer Time!
Smack him with a hammer! Can be charged for even more damage!
:4marth:'s counter: Parry
Again, Marth is immune to the hammer swings due to the Falchion but could probably parry Mario's blows anyway

:4mario:'s attack: Invincibility!
do do doo do do doo, do dodo doo
:4marth:'s Counter: Too Direct
The Falchion seals all damage done by all direct non-dragon attacks so none of Mario's melee attacks will work

:4mario:'s attack: Fireballs
Can't go wrong with the good old fire flower! Can shoot fireballs at a steady rate
:4marth:'s counter: Agility
Marth's highest stat is his speed which should allow him to avoid Mario's slow moving fireballs
:4mario:'s counter x2: Fire Flowers can be used as an item to shoot a huge spray of fire.

:4mario:'s attack: Firebrand
This is a short ranged burst of fire from Mario's palm that provides a work-around for the Falchion as it's technically not a direct attack
:4marth:'s counter: Zoning
Mario has to get rather close to use the firebrand, and that won't happen when he's being constantly kept away by the Falchion

:4mario:'s attack: Mega Quake/Fire Drive
Both are hammer attacks that can hit multiple enemies. Mega Quake hits all enemies touching the ground while Fire Drive hits all enemies close to the ground
:4marth:'s counter: Jumping? Attacking?
Marth may be able to jump over the heavily choreographed Mega Quake, but the Fire Drive would certainly hit him. Though he might be able to attack Mario before he can preform fire drive, or at least throw off his timing to take less damage

:4mario:'s attack: Earth Tremor
An attack using one of the crystal stars that hits all enemies and does more damage the longer it is charged
:4marth:'s counter: N/A
Marth has no way of dodging the attack or interrupting the attack as Mario rises higher and higher on the Diamond Star

:4mario:'s attack: Clock-Out
Has a chance to immobilize the opponents, freezes enemies for longer if charged longer
:4marth:'s Counter: Unreliability
Not only can Clock-Out completely miss, but it can also backfire on Mario leaving him wide open to attack

:4mario:'s attack: Supernova
The most powerful of the Crystal Star attacks, it does more damage the more it is charged
:4marth:'s counter: Break his concentration!
When using Supernova, Mario just stands around. If Marth charged him while Mario was charging he would probably take less damage. Something that he could heal off using the Falchion

:4mario:'s attack: Hammer Suit/Boomerang Suit
The hammer suit allows Mario to throw arching hammers, while the Boomerang Suit lets him throw large returning boomerangs
:4marth:'s counter: You're too slow!
The arc of the thrown hammers gives Marth more than enough time to dodge, while the boomerangs can be destroyed by sword strikes

Attacker: Marth

:4marth:'s attack: Slash! Slash! Slash!
Basic sword slices, has a small chance of tripling damage with a critical hit
:4mario:'s counter: Well, a few things actually
He could fly away using the Tanooki Suit, or turn to stone using the Tanooki Suit, or try to super guard to stop all damage done and counter attack if he has the reaction time

:4marth:'s attack: Sol
Basically a normal slash, but it allows Marth to heal half of the damage done
:4mario:'s counter: See above
As it's just a normal slash, Mario could still avoid it by flying away or hiding in a shell or something

:4marth:'s attack: Luna
An attack that halves enemy defense and resistance
:4mario:'s counter: See above again!
Fly away!!

:4marth:'s attack: Astra
A five hit combo, but each individual slash does half damage
:4mario:'s counter: Flying is Fun
Flying because Marth can't. He'll miss

Summary
This is a surprisingly close contest here. Mario's only reliable attacks are the Fire Flower, which he'd have to completely use to get a guaranteed hit, the Mega Quake and Fire Drive which need FP which he only has a limited supply of, and the Crystal Star attacks which need SP which is generated slowly by pulling off successful attacks, which he doesn't have many of. Marth on the other hand can't do much through general attacking as Mario can avoid them, but if Marth waited for Mario and countered accordingly he can get a few hits in, and Mario can't take a whole lot of punishment. Not to mention that Marth can heal himself, making Mario's job even harder. Although this is a close match, I feel Marth comes out on top.

Winner: Marth
Thank you Fire Emblem Wiki!
And I'm done!
This was pretty hard given that both characters can't do much to each other, but most of Mario's attacks leave him wide open to a counterattack so I felt that Marth wins in this battle. If any of you disagree feel free to tell your opinion!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
And I'm done!
This was pretty hard given that both characters can't do much to each other, but most of Mario's attacks leave him wide open to a counterattack so I felt that Marth wins in this battle. If any of you disagree feel free to tell your opinion!
Nice. So we're ready for the second round. We've got:
  • :marth: vs :sonic:
  • :samus2: vs :ganondorf:
  • :4megaman: vs :pit:
  • :rosalina: vs :kirby2: (I've got this one.)
And here are battles for a loser's bracket, if we're doing one.
  • :mario2: vs :mewtwopm: (Settled already, winner is Mewtwo.)
  • :4shulk: vs :link2:
  • :metaknight: vs :4robinm:
  • :4palutena: vs :ness2:

Last edited:

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
And I'm done!
I disagree. The Fireballs don't really leave him open, and he has quite a few powerful projectiles (plus, I don't think Marth could quite dodge the Boomerang Suit or the Hammer Suit). Plus, if Mario could snatch away the Falchion (doesn't he have some sort of wind attack?), all of his direct attacks would be effective again. Also, I don't see how Marth not hitting Mario once leads to the conclusion of Marth winning...

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. The Fireballs don't really leave him open, and he has quite a few powerful projectiles (plus, I don't think Marth could quite dodge the Boomerang Suit or the Hammer Suit). Plus, if Mario could snatch away the Falchion (doesn't he have some sort of wind attack?), all of his direct attacks would be effective again. Also, I don't see how Marth not hitting Mario once leads to the conclusion of Marth winning...
I know, the fireballs don't leave Mario open, but they're slow enough for Marth to dodge. The fire flower attack from say Paper Mario is the only example of a completely unavoidable fire flower attack, but that uses up the fire flower. Mario doesn't have any way to steal the Falchion that I know of or that I could find, so no wind attack. I was pointing out that neither fighter could do much. Marth can counter plenty of the things that Mario can do such as jumping, hammer, and his long, choreographed attacks. If someone else disagrees I'll let them do the match-up. I'm cool with that.
Cool. I don't really think we need to do a Samus vs Ganondorf because Samus has no holy weaponry to speak of

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I think a losers bracket could be a good idea.
I know, the fireballs don't leave Mario open, but they're slow enough for Marth to dodge. The fire flower attack from say Paper Mario is the only example of a completely unavoidable fire flower attack, but that uses up the fire flower. Mario doesn't have any way to steal the Falchion that I know of or that I could find, so no wind attack. I was pointing out that neither fighter could do much. Marth can counter plenty of the things that Mario can do such as jumping, hammer, and his long, choreographed attacks. If someone else disagrees I'll let them do the match-up. I'm cool with that.

Cool. I don't really think we need to do a Samus vs Ganondorf because Samus has no holy weaponry to speak of
The fireballs are pretty fast, especially at close range. He could just walk up (with invincibility and speed from the Star perhaps) and grab the Falchion out of his hands. I'll make my own franken-analysis using Mario's attacks from my analysis and Marth's from yours.

Agreed.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
:4mario:VS:4marth:
FIGHT!

Rules are posted above in a bunch of different places.

:4mario:'s Attack: Jump Punch
Combining the speed of his jumps with his punches, Mario can deliver an uppercut powerful enough to break bricks.
:4marth:'s Counter: Falchion Seal
Marth's sword, the Falchion, can seal all direct non-dragon attacks to negate their damage.
:4mario:'s Counter Counter: Grabby Grabby!
Mario could use a Star (for extra speed and invulnerability) and walk up to Marth, then grabbing his sword, thus eliminating both his main method of offense and his protection against attacks.

:4mario:'s Attack: Ground Pound
This attack has Mario leap in the air, charge up for a brief moment, and stomp on the opponent with more force than a regular Jump.
:4marth:'s Counter: N/A
Since Mario removed his main method of defense, Marth doesn't really have a counter to this other than perhaps dodging the attack.

:4mario:'s Attack: Hammer
Mario's iron hammer can crush brick blocks, damage foes, and more.
Since Mario removed his main method of defense, Marth doesn't really have a counter to this other than perhaps dodging the attack.

:4mario:'s Attack: Pick Up and Throw
Mario's superhuman strength allows him to pick up heavy objects and foes (including Bowser!) and throw them across large distances.

:4mario:'s Attack: F.L.U.D.D.
This water pack allows Mario to fire a steady stream of water to clean up things.

:4mario:'s Attack: Fire Flower
This flower grants Mario pyrokinetic abilities, ranging from simple Fireballs to Mario Finale-esque flame attacks.

:4mario:'s Attack: Super Star
This power-up grants Mario brief invincibility, along with enhanced speed, enhanced jumping, and the ability to damage enemies on contact.

:4mario:'s Attack: Super Leaf
This leaf has Mario don the ears and tail of a raccoon, which allows him to fly for a short period of time after a running start and spin around to attack with his tail.

:4mario:'s Attack: Tanooki Suit
This suit has the same abilities of the Super Leaf, but also has the ability to turn into a statue to become invincible for a little while and crush opponents.

:4mario:'s Attack: Hammer Suit
Mario dons the Hammer Suit, allowing him to throw an infinite amount of hammers, as well as entering his shell to block fire attacks.

:4mario:'s Attack: Cape Feather
Mario dons a yellow cape, allowing him to fly for an indefinite amount of time. Mario can also spin with the cape to attack and reflect projectiles.

:4mario:'s Attack: Vanish Cap
This hat lets Mario become invisible and intangible for a short period of time, potentially letting him sneak up on opponents.

:4mario:'s Attack: Blue Koopa Shell
Don't worry, this isn't the one from Mario Kart (that would just be unfair on so many levels). Instead, Mario dons the Blue Koopa Shell from New Super Mario Bros. This grants him many Koopa abilities, such as sliding in his shell to increase his defense and attack enemies.

:4mario:'s Attack: Double Cherry
This power-up allows Mario to create a clone of himself, which copies his every move (and dons the same power-ups). This would allow Mario to attack from two angles, so that if one is destroyed, the other could counterattack.

With Mario's attacks out of the way, now onto Marth's!

:4marth:'s Attack: Sword Swings
Marth has a variety of sword swings with various extra effects, such as healing Marth.
:4mario:'s Counter: Grabby Grabby!
Mario took Marth's sword, so naturally, Marth can no longer swing it.
:4marth:'s Counter Counter: Rapier
Marth also carries a rapier sword as a backup, but it doesn't have the same special defense properties as the Falchion does, so he could still attack, but he still wouldn't be protected.

Since Marth relies on his Falchion for defense, that leaves him very vulnerable (especially since he can't put it anywhere other than his sheath, which still leaves it open for opponents to grab), and Mario's arsenal, multiple backups, and natural abilities are just too much for him.

WINNER: :4mario:

This analysis is part of the bracket

Last edited:

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
The only problem I have is that I doubt it would be that easy to just walk up and snatch the Falchion, it'd be like just taking the star rod (Paper Mario) from Bowser, he's not just going to hand it over. Sure Mario's strong and all, but as long as Marth keeps a hold of the Falchion he's fine. And I meant that if a majority of people disagreed with me I'd be fine with them doing their own analysis. If you're the only one who agrees your opinion is a moot point. I appreciate your opinion though

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
The only problem I have is that I doubt it would be that easy to just walk up and snatch the Falchion, it'd be like just taking the star rod (Paper Mario) from Bowser, he's not just going to hand it over. Sure Mario's strong and all, but as long as Marth keeps a hold of the Falchion he's fine. And I meant that if a majority of people disagreed with me I'd be fine with them doing their own analysis. If you're the only one who agrees your opinion is a moot point. I appreciate your opinion though
Mario can lift up an entire fortress without breaking a sweat; taking a sword from someone who's not particularly muscular shouldn't give him much trouble. Plus, the added speed from the Star could catch Marth off guard, and Mario could grab the entire blade without being cut since he's invincible while using the Star (and pelt Marth with fireballs all the while since the Star stacks with any other power-up). Marth is a viable fighter, don't get me wrong, but Mario's combination of power-ups and brute strength allow him to exploit his Achilles heel.

By the way, I've added a losers bracket as suggested by @ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons , and there seem to be some pretty interesting matchups.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Mario can lift up an entire fortress without breaking a sweat; taking a sword from someone who's not particularly muscular shouldn't give him much trouble. Plus, the added speed from the Star could catch Marth off guard, and Mario could grab the entire blade without being cut since he's invincible while using the Star (and pelt Marth with fireballs all the while since the Star stacks with any other power-up). Marth is a viable fighter, don't get me wrong, but Mario's combination of power-ups and brute strength allow him to exploit his Achilles heel.

By the way, I've added a losers bracket as suggested by @ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons , and there seem to be some pretty interesting matchups.
Marth has a rapier in addition to Falchion. If Mario takes that, his hands are full and he can't use power-ups. The second Mario releases a sword to get out a power-up, Marth could take it back. And Mario couldn't use his swords against him, because Mario is slower and the slashes would be dodged.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Marth has a rapier in addition to Falchion. If Mario takes that, his hands are full and he can't use power-ups. The second Mario releases a sword to get out a power-up, Marth could take it back. And Mario couldn't use his swords against him, because Mario is slower and the slashes would be dodged.
Ah, okay. Still, the rapier doesn't protect against attacks like the Falchion does. I'll edit the analysis though.

Top Bottom