• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 5 (MK banned) FULL RESULTS [October 19-20th, 2013 - Houston, Tx]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I am literally pissing myself with laughter at this thread except not becasue I just got out of the bathroom

What I bet you didn't know is that Isai, Armada, Ally, Mew2King and Strawhat are all actually the same person.
Obvious collusion

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Man, it's not even fun messing with Quest cuz he's so srs, gets his panties in a bunch just if you tell him he's bad. If only I was the best tl/zss/marth/dk/ics/random in NE like him.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I know this random. but how do I make a username? sorry im a noob at this website.
UR username is Noah smith, you need a premium account to change it (which I do every 90 days :awesome: )

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I mean, you only play hundreds of wifi matches a month and go to every offline tourney in your region so I'd HOPE you're better than me, who went to one tourney all year. Sadly you're probably not much better considering you place average in a dead region, so meh.

Oracle

Smash Master
but on the real though, sorry about my pm commentary. i was a little sick and exhausted from running the tournament, so i was not in the best state of mind to get on the mic. I probably should have declined when chibo asked me to commentate

Tesh

Smash Hero
+1 to the screaming being stupid. I've heard of trash talk, and loud trash talk, but nothing like piercing screams whose only purpose is to make sure you can't hear the match audio, and be annoying. I'm pretty sure that's how my G&W lost to Denti game 3, and you can see me repeatedly telling a select few people (Illmatic / NE) at the end of game 3, and after each stock in game 4 to not be so loud. It was pretty disrespectful to experience.

edit: :rob::peach: in MT, I only went Peach in 1 set iirc.

edit2: Picture bloodcross screaming and making random loud annoying noises at a FGC tournament grand finals like 5 feet from ChrisG's ear, and see how long he would last without other people taking action.

You main a character that feeds on tension and abusing emotions/boredom and requires you to input multiple strict inputs per second at the drop of a hat...

...but a little bit of screaming stopped you from playing GnW on rainbow cruise? Its not your fault the matchup is so onesided, but that was the only game during grand finals that people even enjoyed in the crowd. Some people were just being loud and yelling stupid ****, but I was in the crowd during that set and when Chibo fought megafox. People were genuinely excited to see Denti take a game after getting slaughtered by CGs and see a little kid who doesn't travel (megafox) get to beat an OoS player (Chibo).

The really sad thing is that you and Chibo couldn't handle some noise when both of you have travelled across the planet playing this game and dealing with thousands of spectators. The FGC deals with way more from the crowd (I remember someone at Apex saying some VERY offensive stuff to M2K when he fought Salem) and they deal with it/buy 5 dollar earplugs. As the game gets more popular and crowd get bigger and more diverse, you might get some people that aren't screaming anything specific (like "we hate you chibo, please get upsmashed" or "hey vinnie screw up that....nair spam with gnw?") and just get excited during matches. As a competitor you need to find a way to deal with it. The FGC would laugh you guys out of the venue for trying to keep the crowd within YOUR comfort level.

Shoutouts:

Espy: thanks for teaming with me even though I'm awful, that short run will still be a highlight of attending tournaments during brawl's sunset for me. good job winning low tier, no one expected you guys to be contender. also good job being a fraud and ruining ALSM's day.

M2K: good job almost beating denti, he looked like he was about to turn into bloodcross and redshadow at the same time game 3.

Ryo: sorry for getting you sick :cry:

Megafox: I like your hair

Illmatic: GJ losing round 1 then placing higher than you ever have.

Vinnie: Man I wanted to see more of your GnW, but no one ever beat your ICs when I was looking...

Asa:Gj beating Sync. I never watch these sets, nor do I ever want to, but I'm sure you did some smart and/or fraudulent **** so gj anyway.

esca: ggs in pools, somehow you were the toughest Diddy I've ever fought

Denti: gj beating the council of toon link knowledge.

shadow1pj: The Prophecy of Double Down Smash.

razer, trela, bio: 3 of my favorite players, sad you guys didn't return for day 2 or enter singles.

neon: see, I knew you'd do alot better not teaming with me.

inui: your peach seemed alot better than last year

MJG: proven to be the best toon link

Xyro: another great whobo, good job being the only low tier to place in doubles. Hopefully smash 4 is balanced enough that all tournaments will be as fun as these last 2 whobos.

Shoutouts to everyone that got to eat at Denny's with TWO KINGS!

Ish: come back to TX in the future, you are one cool dude. also dont listen to pj, you should always be camping

asa+bpow :WHERE WAS DOUBLE WARIO!!?

Shoutouts to Lucas winning BOTH side events. Obviously more broken than GnW.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to my melee and project m players! All the friendlies I had were fun. Played one brawl match with M2k's Kirby...never again

1 M2K- Too good. Cant say i didnt see this coming.
2 Denti- Good ****, son. Keep it up. Wish you would quit tier-riding, though.
3 Strawhat- Fraud. Worst Falcon ever.
4 Oracle- You definitely outplayed me...I was so close to giving you the set because I felt like I didnt deserve it.
5 Kevin Son- You dont even play this game?! PM community exposed?
5 Blondie- Yo, dat zelda though. It's getting better every single time. I just happen to get better as you get better, so I still whoop that ass ;)
7 Xeven- You almost had me in our set. good stuff in doubles. IKE fsmash tho
7 Zachary-abstract logic? If so, amazing Diddy. You've gotten better since LTC. Game 3 in dubz with Blondie. I was legitimately nervous :p
9 Southern Gent- Ness player! I am the anit-ness though. Dont ever forget that. I will never drop a set to a Ness. Good stuff, fellow Houston player.
9 Opelousal???
9 G-Rabbit- had a bunch of friendlies with you. Always awesome to see my fellow pm players at a tourney set. :) Thanks for comforting me at the Livestream setup.
9 SOS---?
13 Float- Float, good job. Thanks for the rides to and from my place. We live so close by, so we'll get some training in.
13 Cofy---?
13 Ding Ding--Nope
13 Leaf- brawl pikachu player? Goes pit, right? good stuff
17 Night????
17 Since???
17 Ezzy-???
17 Yellow-???
17 CadeTheElement???
17 TV Blaze???
17 Daniel Hall???
17 XKCP????
25 LKG???
25 Old Hobo---????
25 AeroLink (Forfeited)---your sheik will eventually scare me. I hate the sheik mu.
25 Nickriddle--- He was at Whobo?
25 Jimbles???
25 Baby D---?

I think that's about it. Good stuff to Oracle for running pm bracket even though it's probably second nature by now.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hearing someone even say tier-riding, ina game like Project M no less.

I have to chuckle. :applejack:

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
Espy, what if I told you that Sonic is a viable character in project m. Not only can you play the way Sonic was meant to be played, but your matches won't take 7 to 8 minutes long. smh...Props to your persistence, but hearing "GO" 4000000 times in one match because an fsmash wont kill is painfully dreadful.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Espy, what if I told you that Sonic is a viable character in project m. Not only can you play the way Sonic was meant to be played, but your matches won't take 7 to 8 minutes long. smh...Props to your persistence, but hearing "GO" 4000000 times in one match because an fsmash wont kill is painfully dreadful.
You're barking up the wrong tree. From what I've heard, LoKo and Blondie have already tried to get him to pick it up to no avail.

Vinnie

Smash Master
This thread is pretty awesome LOL also

"boo hoo help me mommy i suck at smash. let me mod it so someone with think im good and maybe they will finally respect/like me because i cant get it any other way. i suck at real brawl and i cant handle legendary melee boo hoo help me mommy"

XYRO 2 GOOD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The way Sonic was supposed to be played? Did I just ****ing read that? **** you, and Project M. You've given me the absolute perfect reason to never touch the game ever again if that is honestly how your ****ty community justifies itself.

Neko and co ruined the way Sonic was supposed to be played.

I don't play Project M for a multitude of reasons. It's just an imperfect, unpolished Melee. It's boring and gimmicky. It's a bunch of players who completely fail at fully understand Melee AND Brawl playing God with characters and stages they have yet to fully grasp. It's tasteless. It panders to a community that likes to throw it around like it's the second coming of Jesus at times. It's absolutely pathetic.

Destroying Sonic's moveset just to pander to people like Neko, who have zero understanding for the reason why Sonic plays the way he does in Brawl, is one of the bigger reasons why I despise what the dev team did to Sonic. It's a complete **** you to the original creator to completely alter the moveset just because Project M's team thinks they know better. It'd be pitiful if it wasn't so despicable.

Sonic didn't deserve to be gutted like that. No character does, and it sickens me to think that there's a group of players out there that actually enjoy this sick, twisted, bastardized result of a drunken, drugged menage-a-trois between Melee, Brawl, and a group of mediocre players. If the former two were actual people, I'm damn sure they would've filed a restraining order by now for how much you've fondled their **** against their will.

Don't you ever dare have the ****ing audacity of thinking you and your Project M flunkies know how Sonic should ever be played.

Especially not to me.

:applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Damn, I think I'm gonna create more alts just to like Espy's post harder.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ids habbenig?
Project M community more cancerous than the Melee community?

Even worse when it's a New New Knew gen that joined 7 months ago saying this ****.

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
I think you're over-analyzing my post. We can both agree that hitstun is nearly nonexistent in brawl, right? Sure, there are chains of moves that can be linked together with certain characters, but for the most part, hitstun isn't there.( it can be canceled into an air doge, whatever) Usually, when you upthrow with Sonic, you have no guaranteed followup, right? You have bait out an air dodge or an attack and hopefully get in with a bair or pivot fsmash...Brawl is not a very combo heavy game...That's truth...there is no argument there. In brawl's world, Sonic is a passive character. Im sure you and most others would agree that Sonic should be a fast character that goes hard in the paint. Sonic wouldn't let you breath for a second. Well, that's how i feel he plays in pm. He's an aggressive character by nature...The PM environment allows for Sonic to string attacks together while the opponent is locked in hitstun. That's what I meant. lol. I wasnt implying I know more than you...I especially dont know crap about Sonic when it comes to brawl.

I dont understand the criticisms PM receives. None of your attacks on PM are viable. Unpolished? Well, no duh, it's still in its demo state. All your words are set in stone as if Sonic isnt likely to change with the addition of new characters/as the metagame evolves. "Boring and Gimmicky?" Really?, Really?, REALLY? You're gonna tell me PM is boring when you have to enter a matchup as Sonic with the mindset that you're going to have to play a full 8 minutes? Also, one more, thing, I understand brawl and melee pretty well.... I gave brawl a chance for almost two years. I grew up with Melee, so that goes without saying.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You actually described hitstun in a way that makes me like Project M even less.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ids habbenig?
Project M community more cancerous than the Melee community?
I mean, from where I'm sitting in this thread, the Brawl community was given the same opportunity the Melee community had and handled it the exact same way. There was an actual discussion about a legitimate issue going on (Unprofessional commentary) until Espy posted some instigative nonsense and got Strawhat (who wasn't saying much of merit either, sorry bro) into it, followed by classic toxic Xyro trolling. At that point it doesn't even matter who says what, because the entire thing could have been avoided. There was no Brawl hate or anything of the sort going on up until Espy instigated, just constructive discussion about what seemed to be a generally well-received event.

@Espy: It's entirely understandable to dislike PM because you don't like how your main plays, but at the same time it's a little silly. It's a different game and as such Sonic's a different character who plays differently and appeals to a different subset of players, and there's nothing wrong with that. You mained Ness in 64, but don't in Brawl for example. Sorry to hear Sonic's a disappointment for you, but plenty of characters have been changed and have new players maining them. Dakpo's the best G&W in the world, for example! It'd be cool to see you try out one of the redesigned cast, but if you don't, I wish you luck in your Brawl endeavors. :drshrug:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LITERALLY new gens defending a game that when they start losing, they "re-balance" the characters they can't beat.

GEW GEW GAH GAH I WYKE PROMJECT TRASH CUZ EYE SUK POO POO (creamy) AT MELEE AND BRWAL!

R
O
F
L
ALL
DAY

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Cosigning with Xyro all day.
Don't even try to defend the abomination you've created, Strong Bad.
I wouldn't trust someone to make something creative out of Brawl if they can't even put in any genuine effort for a name.

In retrospect, Strong Bad is a fitting name for someone who just rips off another source for their own success.

My 64 main was Jigglypuff you ignorant tool.

@Strawhat: You have no idea what you're saying. Stop.
You fools took Sonic and turned him into Captain Falcon. That's all you did.

:applejack:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Someone just said "Toxic Xyro trolling."

No joke, I like the ring of that phrase.

Blondie.

Smash Journeyman
Damn! Strawhat got freakin' wrecked! lmao!

I enjoy P:M a lot. It's a fun game :D

But I'm a terribad newgen so my opinion doesn't count.

On a more serious note though, Sonic is probably the worst designed character in P:M, so I wouldn't go around making an opinion on the game just cause Sonic is dumb. Hopefully they will improve his design, which could be done with the help of some known Brawl Sonic players *cough*

move along people
Whoa whoa, you better watch out Zano. Strawhat would tear you apart. The man is a ****ing monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom