• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WHOBO 3!! 3/18-20/2011!! Livestream: http://brawlstream.vgbootcamp.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I'm glad you all enjoyed me and Ally's Set with each other.

Of course, the result will be different next time!
AyY brah, All he needs is a lil bit of Anti loop on the cario and he's good $.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
The results of everyone who made it out of pools would be nice. I know I got 33rd in Singles and I think...17th in Low Tier singles?

I had a lot of fun at this tournament. It sucks that somebody stole my Wii Remote. Xyro promised that my stuff would be safe, and I can't be genuinely upset at him for it though. Looking at the situation and the lack of security and the like to ensure that nothing was getting jacked, I can only be upset at the situation itself.

Xyro, Inui, and those that helped had to do a lot of stuff and they answered all of my questions when needed be. All in all, for the circumstances and the like, they did their best. I know my place and I give respect for that. Thank you for running a fun tournament. Even if the shoddy air conditioning left me burnt out quicker then I wanted to. This was a great learning experience, and it's a shame I didn't get a chance to play everyone that I wanted to. Trela, Ally, Shugo, Tyrant, Razer, a lot of people... It seemed that most cases you all seemed busy and I didn't want to bother you guys with friendlies. Maybe it's just my shyness to approach a bunch of you big shot players but either way, I coulda done more. It was nice to see everyone and watch all the fun games.

Nike, Espy, everyone I hung out with at the hotels, thanks for making the breaks inbetween days of Smash that much more awesome. It was a lot of fun and I owe you all big time. I promise to come back someday. You guys made my stay here that much more awesome. Thank you for everything. Proper shoutouts for you guys personally in the results thread later on.

This was a fun test for me. It taught me that I'm finally ready to go to Nationals to break out of pools. I'm just not ready to win yet. I'll get there someday!

I'll give proper shoutouts later in the eventual results thread, but I wanna give a big thanks to Infinity for his supportive words after facing him in pools.

It was because of you and your compliments that gave me the boost of confidence I needed. I didn't let it get to my head and kept my confidence strong. It was the mindset that I had always wanted to embrace since I first started competing in this game. I have no regrets with how I did. I was simply outplayed by Illmatic and Logic. I didn't SD once, make some shoddy repetitive mistakes, or anything. They were simply the better players. I'm glad I lost to the guy that went on to beat ESAM. I'm glad I lost to the guy that had to take on Espy in Winners. Last stock, high percent, that's a victory for me knowing that nothing but them being better was what went wrong for me.

I'm prolly one of the only people who can say this with a straight face. After spending $600+ on getting here from Canada? As a small town guy who plays Sonic who broke out of pools at his 2nd National with tournaments that have tiny as hell numbers? For all the fun games and lack of regrets? In one of America's toughest regions?

HELL YEAH I GOT 33rd PLACE!!

--

Sorry for the tl;dr. I missed a lot and had a lot to say. XD

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Logic lost to espy and shugo

I think espy placed low due to Tyrant who knocked a lot of people out early in losers. Coney lost to ADHD and then tyrant right after lmao
I also was unfortunately placed with Shugo in Winner's bracket.
It happens though. No big deal there.

Tyrant also planked me pretty hard. :(
Do what you gotta do though.

=====

Thank you Xyro, and all of those who helped you pull through this tough weekend.

However, too much happened to me this weekend (Thursday-Sunday) that just broke me. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same thing that Illmatic and Kuraudo have said. This was probably the worst experience I've ever had at any tournament.

Seeing everyone from Texas, playing singles, and meeting the new faces, were probably the only positive facets of my weekend experience at the tournament.

Sorry, everyone. :(

OverLade

Smash Hero
Everyone is so ****ing cool. Makes me wanna go to Nationals all the time now.

So many people I gotta give special shoutouts too but I'll prolly forget all the inside jokes by the time results get up lol. And beating Gnes and Seibrik for 13th? I AINT EVEN MAD THO.

edit:
Oh and I lost to Razer not ADHD.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
And beating Gnes and Seibrik for 13th? I AINT EVEN MAD THO.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

OverLade

Smash Hero
And beating Gnes and Seibrik for 13th? I AINT EVEN MAD THO.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
<33333

One of the highlights of the night was walking around the venue with Afro asking every single dude who walked past us if they were mad. Most of them were. You shoulda been there.

z00ted

<33333

One of the highlights of the night was walking around the venue with Afro asking every single dude who walked past us if they were mad. Most of them were. You shoulda been there.
omg i can't believe i missed that rofl

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The best part about Illmatic's signature is that it's targeting the wrong group.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol...no one has any idea what was going on all weekend, ESPECIALLY with the pool situation.

gonna save shoutouts for the results thread, but id like to think that me and espy did fine jobs on commentary. And of course the others that randomly joined in (halberd, afro, coney, trent, xaltis, etc)

kinda salty i couldnt get some others on though that i wanted

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo I got in on the commentary before everyone got inebriated and incomprehensible. Shoutouts to MJG for agreeing to SP... 2 at a time.

z00ted

Shoutout to Ensis for a amazing $50 money match!

*goes back to playing Pokemon Black*

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'll put shoutouts in the WHOBO 3 results thread, despite not making it out of pools, I still had a blast just being there at the convention seeing all the girls and playing a variety of different players in brawl outside of mostly SA and Austin.
And if we stayed a little longer, I would've most likely enjoyed playing Mario Party 2 and MK64 as well.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Aight, I wasn't gonna bring this up til later, but I might as well get this out of the way:

SOME of you that were there should not have gotten drunk like that at the venue. Spring Break AND having a con going on means beefed up security in a lot of places. Lesson to be learned: either cut back on it some in public settings, or take that elsewhere. Like I'm not salty about this either, but I also had to walk a LONG way through parking lots back to Dphat's car in some SOGGY *** Sandals because some of you guys were drunk and decided to wrestle or clash or some **** and spill all that 4loko on them. Like word from the wise, just gauge the situation a bit better next time maybe. Not trying to call out anyone in particular, but you guys know who I'm talking to so I'll leave it at that.

Nike.

Smash Hero
He's been waiting for his flight at the Houston airport since 12:30 this afternoon and his plane leaves at 6:00am. Almost 19 hours :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
He's been waiting for his flight at the Houston airport since 12:30 this afternoon and his plane leaves at 6:00am. Almost 19 hours :(
:urg::urg::urg:

i waited at an airport for 8 hours once and i was literally going crazy. I couldn't possibly imagine that long. I'd probably die before i made it

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Whoever had the wii on station 17, there's some replay of a blue luigi, the tag will be BSL (possibly none) of the tags are on. I think they were against metaknight and diddyk. Upload or send them to me please.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
:urg::urg::urg:

i waited at an airport for 8 hours once and i was literally going crazy. I couldn't possibly imagine that long. I'd probably die before i made it
He has a laptop, a WiFi connection, and Final Fantasy Tactics.
I'm sure he'll manage.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
For those who stayed in room 6234 at the venue hotel with Dakpo and I, I'm still trying to get the checkout bill issue settled. Worst case we'll all be paying a little bit extra than I charged you.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Are any vids from VG up?
VG never recorded anything, they only brought stuff for streaming

Replays were saved on ESAM's wii, which he's sending me to upload tomorrow (thx again esam!) and I'll upload onto the VG account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom