• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who will be the first newcomers revealed for Smash 4? (Expect first trailer at E3!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This took an hour to make :3 This is how the trailer should go.

The trailer starts off with a black screen. Mario exits his pipe (Camera closes up on Mario, similar when you started the game Super Mario 64) and jumps out in his Smash 64 form using his regular attacks (Camera rotates slowly around Mario, as it slowly zooms out). As Mario keeps using his regular attacks, he changes to his Melee form, then slowly to his Brawl form, as the black screen slowly turns to a dome battlefield(The one shown in Melee’s opening, only it’s floating in the air). Then Mario uses his Mario Tornado move (Camera quickly zooms into Mario), then everything on the background (including Mario) turns to amazing HD Graphics (Camera zooms out quickly till the whole dome can be seen). (Then the camera is zoomed on a good distance to Mario) Mario then lands down and gets up slowly.

Then Link, Kirby, and Pikachu appear on a four square volleyball fashion (in HD graphics) (Camera faces all 4 characters). (Camera faces the sky) Then Pac-Man falls from the sky (Camera focuses on Pac-Man) landing on his two feet, then gives his infamous thumbs up (Camera zooms on Pac-Man). The “Newcomer: PAC-MAN” appears on the screen (P.S. the reason Pac-Man is appearing first as a newcomer is because Namco Bandai is developing the 2 new Smash games).

(Then the camera zooms out of the dome) a big airship circles around the dome, as the characters on the ground watch the airship (Camera focuses on Mario’s POV). Bowser Jr. then appears on the ship and makes his cute little laugh waving his paintbrush around like a kid (Camera zooms onto Bowser Jr.). Then the “Newcomer: BOWSER JR.” appears on the screen. Then Bowser Jr. jumps off the airship. (Camera focuses on Mario’s POV) Bowser Jr. lands on the ground between Link and Pikachu. Bowser Jr. then shows off an epic pose and makes a grouchy noise.

Then a human-sized Assist Trophy falls and bumps Bowser Jr.’s head, landing and standing on the ground smoothly. Then the Assist Trophy starts to shake a little, then a little more, then the glass of the AT breaks off, making a huge hole, a shadowy figure appears, then slowly lights up to reveal Little Mac showing his punching skills (Camera zooms in on Little Mac). Then Little Mac trys to punch Bowser Jr. as Bowser Jr. dodges all his punches until they fall down to the Bowser’s Airship. Then some gameplay of Bowser Jr. and Little Mac are shown fighting each other. (Camera faces the sky)

A bright sparkle shines and a strange figure speeds in through with a Monado,(Camera zooms in on Mac’s sideview) hitting Mac’s punching gloves, which are both evenly matched. (Camera zooms in on strange figure) The strange figure turns around and reveals Shulk. A “Newcomer: SHULK” appears on the screen. Gameplay is shown of Little Mac and Shulk fighting. (The screen zooms in between Little Mac and Shulk fighting closing up on each other)

Then a strange figure slices upward saber-like sword, then Ghirahim is revealed. A “Newcomer: GHIRAHIM” appears on the screen. Ghirahim raises his hands (Camera faces the sky) to summon Demise to crush the new challengers from above. (Camera focuses on all characters) The airship then is crushed and everyone falls down of the sky till the hit the ground. Then Pit appears flying around, then fighting his opponents, shouting “Are you ready to fight?”.

As Pit zooms and flies around the opponents, a dagger stops Pit’s dual bow. (Camera focuses on Pit) Pit gets pushed out and shouts,” Who are you?”. (Camera focuses on the figures feet on the ground), a voice can be heard,”Who am I?”. (Camera moves up to the figure’s head) Then the figure’s voice says,”My name is… Professor Layton.” Layton points his digger in front of the camera view. A "Newcomer: PROFESSOR LAYTON" appears on the screen.

(Camera points at Layton’s sideview) Palutena walks by carrying grocery bags. Pit then calls out Palutena shouting,”HEY PALUTENA, DO A FIGHTING POSE!”. (Camera closes in on Palutena) Palutena intrigued, drops her grocery bags and makes a funny pose, but the “Newcomer: PALUTENA” appears before she could make an epic pose. (Camera focuses on Pit) Pit sighed and says,”Way to ruin a trailer..”. (Camera focuses on Palutena) Palutena says,”Sorry..”. The logo of Super Smash Bros. ____ appears on the screen.

There’s two ways you could make someone hyped in the end of the trailer.
It could end like this:
Megaman blasts through the SSB ___ logo and “Newcomer: MEGAMAN” would appear on the screen, then the coming soon would appear on the screen.
Or we can have Geno zoom across the screen (Forest Maze tune plays) and the “Newcomer: GENO”, then the coming soon would appear on the screen.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Saw the video, eh... it was basically the Brawl trailer, but too overdone, and too expensive.

As for that wall mountain Galaxy of text, I'm not reading past the first 4 and last 4 lines! :laugh:

Plus, you got like 10 newcomers on there, which is going to be if not the exact number of newcomers total we get in these 2 new smash games, it is only 1-3 newcomers off.

Let's keep it like the first two Brawl trailers, but show more content, and have more veterans. Whether or not we get newcomers in the first trailer for these 2 games or not, I think having at least 6-10 veterans in the first trailer would make these games feel familiar, while the new stages, items, gameplay, and especially the upgraded graphics (on the WiiU), the two games' connectivity, and potentially any newcomers shown will make these games feel brand new.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Saw the video, eh... it was basically the Brawl trailer, but too overdone, and too expensive.

As for that wall mountain Galaxy of text, I'm not reading past the first 4 and last 4 lines! :laugh:

Plus, you got like 10 newcomers on there, which is going to be if not the exact number of newcomers total we get in these 2 new smash games, it is only 1-3 newcomers off.

Let's keep it like the first two Brawl trailers, but show more content, and have more veterans. Whether or not we get newcomers in the first trailer for these 2 games or not, I think having at least 6-10 veterans in the first trailer would make these games feel familiar, while the new stages, items, gameplay, and especially the upgraded graphics (on the WiiU), the two games' connectivity, and potentially any newcomers shown will make these games feel brand new.
I think I had 7 newcomers there. :p
I would appreciate if you read the whole thing.

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Usually post on the P:M forum but I'll give my two cents.

Don't expect Ridley unless there are even greater size differences between characters in this new game.

Pacman is a big duhh at this point with Namco on board. Namco's got a great relation with another crossover company as well.

Look for Ryu or Megaman /w Pacman. I honestly hope Pacman isn't in and is replaced by someone from Soul Calibur like Nightmare (too villianish most likely) but that's only wishful thinking.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, there's 7 newcomers. I'm not expecting that much tbh but I took some time to read the trailer. I think people would find it less intimidating if there were spaces between paragraphs, but that's just me nitpicking. :p I liked it anyway, especially with Little Mac coming out of the AT thing. But I'm liking everyone's ideas so far, Keep 'em coming!

Anyway, for me, I'd like the trailer to be similar to Melee's and show more vets. What I mean is, each character will be shown in their "world" so you get a glimpse of where they originated from and their personalities. So like, Donkey Kong will be running around in the jungle, looking for bananas or showing his wild side, maybe an off screen trainer will throw a pokeball and Pikachu will pop out right onto a pokemon arena, readying an attack as the crowd cheers, Kirby having a gourmet race with KDDD, etc. Then they will somehow be extracted and brought onto a battlefield. I think showing where they came from will give the trailer more personality, and I hope it will be kinda comical as well...just nothing that could be misleading, like the Ridley thing.

Oh and definitely show off the Wii U's capabilities. Glorious HD!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Fixed.. :3 Now it's readable..

This took an hour to make :3 This is how the trailer should go.

The trailer starts off with a black screen. Mario exits his pipe (Camera closes up on Mario, similar when you started the game Super Mario 64) and jumps out in his Smash 64 form using his regular attacks (Camera rotates slowly around Mario, as it slowly zooms out). As Mario keeps using his regular attacks, he changes to his Melee form, then slowly to his Brawl form, as the black screen slowly turns to a dome battlefield(The one shown in Melee’s opening, only it’s floating in the air). Then Mario uses his Mario Tornado move (Camera quickly zooms into Mario), then everything on the background (including Mario) turns to amazing HD Graphics (Camera zooms out quickly till the whole dome can be seen). (Then the camera is zoomed on a good distance to Mario) Mario then lands down and gets up slowly.

Then Link, Kirby, and Pikachu appear on a four square volleyball fashion (in HD graphics) (Camera faces all 4 characters). (Camera faces the sky) Then Pac-Man falls from the sky (Camera focuses on Pac-Man) landing on his two feet, then gives his infamous thumbs up (Camera zooms on Pac-Man). The “Newcomer: PAC-MAN” appears on the screen (P.S. the reason Pac-Man is appearing first as a newcomer is because Namco Bandai is developing the 2 new Smash games).

(Then the camera zooms out of the dome) a big airship circles around the dome, as the characters on the ground watch the airship (Camera focuses on Mario’s POV). Bowser Jr. then appears on the ship and makes his cute little laugh waving his paintbrush around like a kid (Camera zooms onto Bowser Jr.). Then the “Newcomer: BOWSER JR.” appears on the screen. Then Bowser Jr. jumps off the airship. (Camera focuses on Mario’s POV) Bowser Jr. lands on the ground between Link and Pikachu. Bowser Jr. then shows off an epic pose and makes a grouchy noise.

Then a human-sized Assist Trophy falls and bumps Bowser Jr.’s head, landing and standing on the ground smoothly. Then the Assist Trophy starts to shake a little, then a little more, then the glass of the AT breaks off, making a huge hole, a shadowy figure appears, then slowly lights up to reveal Little Mac showing his punching skills (Camera zooms in on Little Mac). Then Little Mac trys to punch Bowser Jr. as Bowser Jr. dodges all his punches until they fall down to the Bowser’s Airship. Then some gameplay of Bowser Jr. and Little Mac are shown fighting each other. (Camera faces the sky)

A bright sparkle shines and a strange figure speeds in through with a Monado,(Camera zooms in on Mac’s sideview) hitting Mac’s punching gloves, which are both evenly matched. (Camera zooms in on strange figure) The strange figure turns around and reveals Shulk. A “Newcomer: SHULK” appears on the screen. Gameplay is shown of Little Mac and Shulk fighting. (The screen zooms in between Little Mac and Shulk fighting closing up on each other)

Then a strange figure slices upward saber-like sword, then Ghirahim is revealed. A “Newcomer: GHIRAHIM” appears on the screen. Ghirahim raises his hands (Camera faces the sky) to summon Demise to crush the new challengers from above. (Camera focuses on all characters) The airship then is crushed and everyone falls down of the sky till the hit the ground. Then Pit appears flying around, then fighting his opponents, shouting “Are you ready to fight?”.

As Pit zooms and flies around the opponents, a dagger stops Pit’s dual bow. (Camera focuses on Pit) Pit gets pushed out and shouts,” Who are you?”. (Camera focuses on the figures feet on the ground), a voice can be heard,”Who am I?”. (Camera moves up to the figure’s head) Then the figure’s voice says,”My name is… Professor Layton.” Layton points his digger in front of the camera view. A "Newcomer: PROFESSOR LAYTON" appears on the screen.

(Camera points at Layton’s sideview) Palutena walks by carrying grocery bags. Pit then calls out Palutena shouting,”HEY PALUTENA, DO A FIGHTING POSE!”. (Camera closes in on Palutena) Palutena intrigued, drops her grocery bags and makes a funny pose, but the “Newcomer: PALUTENA” appears before she could make an epic pose. (Camera focuses on Pit) Pit sighed and says,”Way to ruin a trailer..”. (Camera focuses on Palutena) Palutena says,”Sorry..”. The logo of Super Smash Bros. ____ appears on the screen.

There’s two ways you could make someone hyped in the end of the trailer.
It could end like this:
Megaman blasts through the SSB ___ logo and “Newcomer: MEGAMAN” would appear on the screen, then the coming soon would appear on the screen.
Or we can have Geno zoom across the screen (Forest Maze tune plays) and the “Newcomer: GENO”, then the coming soon would appear on the screen.
Thanks for the feedback Croph! Now what do you think guys?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't expect Ridley unless there are even greater size differences between characters in this new game.
Are your arguments from 2005 or what=??? This debate has been owned time and time again. Ridley's body size only scales from a few feet taller (and possibly lighter) than Samus to about 5 times as big; Bowser's size varies from a few feet (and a few thousand pounds) heavier than Mario to over 100 times taller than Mario in Super Mario Sunshine. If you're telling me Ridley is too big for Smash, than so is Bowser. And while we're at it, Ridley probably doesn't weight that much even when like 20 feet tall, whereas Bowser always weighs at least a ton, and can probably weigh as much as hundreds of tons.

Also, Jigglypuff, Pikachu, and Squirtle are all about or less than a foot tall. Olimar and his Pikmin are all about a quarter of the size of a penny. "Size matters not" Yoda say. :lick:

Smash Bros has a lot of unrealistic FICTIONAL UNRESTRICTED characters and modifies their sizes and weights to fit them into a FICTIONAL UNRESTRICTED environment.
I did (thanks for removing the wall... the WAALLLLL!!!!), and I gotta say, there's too many big names. If you look at the Brawl newcomer reveals, we got 5 off the bat, BAM! But we still had 12 newcomers left. This time around, it is more likely we will have less than 12 newcomers left than more.

We also had only one big time wanted character revealed (in Wario), with Diddy, Lucario, Ike, King Dedede, and the biggest of them all, Sonic, held on until not long before the game was released.

Your list has 2 3rd party characters (we'll be lucky to get 1), and 5 1st/2nd party characters. We'll be lucky if we get 3 newcomers, and 5 is stretching it, but 5 is insane.

Plus, I'm beginning to get a feeling we'll get a lot more focus on things such as stages, graphics, art design, items, gameplay changes, new moves, returning veterans, and especially the 3DS/WiiU connectivity than we did in the first two Brawl trailers. Other than that, though, it will basically be like the Brawl trailer (which is largely what you pretty much just wrote).

Lastly, you don't take time or money into consideration. Trailers that last longer than 4 minutes without much gameplay (like you described) tend to lose interest mid-way through. If Sakurai wants to feature all that I just mentioned, that trailer you just wrote out would take a very long time, especially if it really "shows us" the game. On top of that, the cinematic production for all those characters just for this trailer would be very expensive.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Am I the only one who thinks that the first Smash 4 trailer will be less character-centric and more gameplay-based? I mean, there is a 3DS version being made too, so it would stand to reason that the video shown at E3 will mainly involve showing footage of both games and maybe show off the supposed compatibility between them. Showing less new characters than were shown in Brawl's trailer would also make sense given that Sakurai has implied that there would be less newcomers than before; I would expect more veterans to be shown in their stead.

To that end, I expect only around three new characters being shown in the main trailer, with a new third party character being shown at the end ala Snake to end with a bang. While I won't try to guess a new third party character, if I had to make a bet on three Nintendo newcomers to appear in the trailer my money would be on Little Mac, Shulk, and Takamaru. All three seem like starter material and introduce a new series to Smash.

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Am I the only one who thinks that the first Smash 4 trailer will be less character-centric and more gameplay-based? I mean, there is a 3DS version being made too, so it would stand to reason that the video shown at E3 will mainly involve showing footage of both games and maybe show off the supposed compatibility between them. Showing less new characters than were shown in Brawl's trailer would also make sense given that Sakurai has implied that there would be less newcomers than before; I would expect more veterans to be shown in their stead.

To that end, I expect only around three new characters being shown in the main trailer, with a new third party character being shown at the end ala Snake to end with a bang. While I won't try to guess a new third party character, if I had to make a bet on three Nintendo newcomers to appear in the trailer my money would be on Little Mac, Shulk, and Takamaru. All three seem like starter material and introduce a new series to Smash.
This makes sense. For the E3 2013 reveal trailer, I feel the newcomer count may be reduced, instead focusing on showing off how the game looks and plays. As for newcomers, I think Little Mac, Ridley and Takamaru will be shown (possibly King K. Rool).

D

Deleted member

How is that? I may have missed a few characters or made some weird character choices, because it was my personal researched roster. So how is 55 characters disappointing.
I don't criticize the roster. Sometimes fillers like ROB can be intriguing. I don't mind Smash playable roster expands up to Mortal Kombatant Armaggeddon's. But over 100 characters will get confusing b/c it's harder to find my mains.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I hope they put Krystal in and she fights just like Wolf, Falco and Fox. She doesn't use her staff like Ganondorf doesn't use his sword.

Genius.

It is hard to think of some decent Nintendo females to join though.. Slim pickings.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Dixie > Krystal

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie, Palutena and Impa : all good girl characters I'd want in.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dude, Krystal would be absolutely horrible as one of the first newcomers out there.

If that wouldn't be a hype killer, I don't know what will.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Palutena would fit. Dixie is meh, I love her but she is too similar to Diddy. And Impa is a poor choice in my opinion. Considering that they might keep the roster around the same size, I'd rather they just put an overall more deserving character than just put her in to have more females.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The ultimate hype killer: Louie from pikmin.
But seriously, they'd never do such a mistake with a Console seller.
Among female newcomers, I'd want Lyn, and the ones Diddy listed.

:phone:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Dixie is meh, I love her but she is too similar to Diddy.
You advocated Krystal fighting like Fox, Falco, and Wolf, so why would Dixie being similar to Diddy be a problem for you? And with her ponytail, she wouldn't be that similar to him, at all.

Agree on everything else you said though.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
You advocated Krystal fighting like Fox, Falco, and Wolf, so why would Dixie being similar to Diddy be a problem for you? And with her ponytail, she wouldn't be that similar to him, at all.

Agree on everything else you said though.
I'm sorry, I was being sarcastic.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
A little late on the news but it has been confirmed that Sm4sh will be shown off at E3, which undoubtedly will be in the form of a trailer.

4 months left to make your predictions! ;)

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
Megaman is probably the only one that can rival Snake's announcement as far as being a popular character that would create massive hype.

The fact that he's been absent for so long even in the recent fighters made by capcom is enough to make alot of people happy.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure if Snake really generated massive hype...

People were more like "Wtf?" at his inclusion, and the only real hype was the expectation MORE 3rd parties would join

to which came Sonic, who REALLY generated hype

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Snake generated hype because he was the one who opened the door for the possibility of other 3rd party characters to make it into Smash.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Snake generated hype out the ***.
He made a lot of people say "damn, this game is gonna be CRAZY! I wonder what else will be in it?"

I think mewtwo is going to be in the trailer.

:phone:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Toad, Takamaru, Ridley, King K. Rool, Little Mac.

At the end of the trailer: Mega Man (same style as Snake from the Brawl Trailer)

My assumption is they're going to show off the most popular/requested characters first for the hype generation.

SteveRod1992

Smash Rookie
I'm guessing they'll show off 4 newcomers and one 3rd party, just like Brawl first E3 trailer. My picks are Little Mac, King K. Rool, Riley, Takamaru and for 3rd party my only guess is Magaman.

Powerstars

Smash Apprentice
Let's see...Waluigi, Chibi Robo, Little Mac, and maybe Balloon Fighter, Mega Man, and Cloud Strife.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wanna say Shulk and Ridley/King K. Rool for sure.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking Shulk would be saved for a later showing. King K. Rool, Little Mac/Takamaru or both, Palutena, Megaman and possibly Mewtwo. I think that would cause the biggest hype

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, a new 2nd/3rd/4th... rep from current franchises (Krom, Bowser Jr, or Waluigi), a DS/3DS exclusive character (fingers are crossed for Dillon), one or two 3rd parties (if two, one major (Megaman) and one minor, minor as in someone from Namco like Lloyd or Pac-Man) and possibly a returning character like Roy or Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom