• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
I ran into a ZeRo imposter on FG a little while ago. He really had me going at first because the Mii looked just like him and he used the right tags.

He opened the first match up by SDing... His Diddy was surprisingly decent, but I beat him with Jiggs twice in a row. He then types OMG INPUT ERROR and leaves lol. Has anyone else encountered this ZeRo imposter phenomenon? I'd think it happens all the time, but I haven't heard many stories about it.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
This was a couple days back,but i fought a nice Pikachu player named Irene(i'll have to check the ID later) and we kinda went back and forth between my Doc and your Pika! well played M'am,well played.

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
[Wii U] Shoutouts to Deji. (@AyeYoDeji ?) I was [SB]Mike. Your DK and Meta Knight were really good, especially your DK. You really knew how to land his Giant Punch. I got hit by it way more times than I should have. Anyway, GGs.

Last edited:

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts to a player named (star)Sergio on FG, we went like 9 different characters each qnd traded victories back and forth on some pretty cool matches! (If you read this, You gotta give me props for that comeback with my Falco tho ;p )

NewZen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NewZen41
Shoutout to OnlyDreams who played a disgustingly beautiful :4dedede:. Those were some fun matches, my good man.

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
*Alina* on 3DS. GGs! Very great item spacing with your link and strong combos. Also, not falling for any of my mind game tricks off stage. This made me fail to edge guard for a bit, until I just straight up edge guarded.

Also, nice sense of humor when I DI'd out of your smash attacks when I missed rest ^_^. Eventually you used down smash to make sure this doesn't happen so smart stuff. I was the Jigglypuff guy.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Piñeda from Chile on 3DS, you get my blessing bro! You are the first Kirby on FG that has given my own Kirby a challenge in a looong time, I'm honestly surprised I managed to clutch out every single match but some were super close! Also, dunno why you changed to Ness on that last one but... yeah your Kirby is better.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
GGs to a Zelda player named Milt/Milly Best Zelda i ever fought. I thought your first clutch spike kill was just dumb luck but you made some pretty epic reads.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
I play with the alias of DeKu on For Glory, and I usually play with Black Mario, Black Doc, Blacktwo(Black Mewtwo), Grey Lucas, Gold Roy, MetaKirby(Dark blue Kirby with yellow eyes), and Night hat Jigglypuff.

Casey Chase

Undine~
3DS FC
1521-4138-1029
Anyone here named ZeusLink on the 3DS? That was the most fun I've had on FG for a long time. Edge battles tho?? Great Link, great Robin, great technical skill. Hope I can fight ya again.

My mii name was [P]Mugi.

Last edited:

FreckIes

Smash Rookie
I play with the alias of DeKu on For Glory, and I usually play with Black Mario, Black Doc, Blacktwo(Black Mewtwo), Grey Lucas, Gold Roy, MetaKirby(Dark blue Kirby with yellow eyes), and Night hat Jigglypuff.
Hey I played against you yesterday I think it was, I was the olimar, your mewtwo was the best i've fought in FG in a long while x.x

Twewy

Smash Lord
Anyone here named ZeusLink on the 3DS? That was the most fun I've had on FG for a long time. Edge battles tho?? Great Link, great Robin, great technical skill. Hope I can fight ya again.

My mii name was [P]Mugi.
I remember playing them! Usually I hate fighting Link but Zeus's was fun to fight.

Scott-To-Be

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jeatkid
3DS FC
2449-5643-6466
Switch FC
3821-2527-4509
Shoutout to Awakawa. Those Link dittos were hilarious but I had to go. lol

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
Shoutout Arch from NY. Very solid fox/smart player all together. GGs

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
:4rob::rosalina: (Lakitu)

Good match with @Lakitu on the 3DS. You played Rosalina first, but shame on me for sandbagging you with Meta Knight, I regret not being able to play a good one with a proper character.

But, shoutouts to the ROB ditto with you! Match was tense, and ended with an up throw kill when I was at 180%. I'm glad it didn't go to Sudden Death, there were like 5 seconds left. The ditto was both nerve wrecking and hilarious since we clashed gyros countless times and choked on almost all of our setups.

I apologize for leaving early too, because I must call it a night. Hope to see you soon!

Last edited:

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Is there a Snafu here with a Mii named "killmenow" or something like that? Used a whole bunch of characters but seemed to prefer Ganondorf? If so, I was the Shulk main named "Inky K". I'm a bit rusty, but that incredible set helped me clear the rust off a bit, so thank you. Those were some excellent games. It's a shame I had to leave, but if you're on here, I'd love to have a few more battles.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Just played an incredibly good Mega Man player on 3DS named Chiki. It was a really heated and even-handed set. Great stuff!

Jerodak

Smash Lord
NNID
Jerodak
3DS FC
1633-5601-9085
I was on 3ds for a while today. I go by Jerodak, and I main Bowser with classic colors. To anyone I ran across, good games.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Shoutouts to someone named Chris (too many Chris's on this site lol) on the 3DS. You played :4mario: :4ryu: and :4pacman:.
I played :4rob: :4ryu: and :4pacman:.

It was a close bo3 set between your Mario and my ROB. I only won because of some raw up smash. Good frame trapping and nice under stage spike you got on me on game 1 :p

The Ryu dittos were pretty good. Both of us didn't recklessly charge, and we constantly poked each other. All I gotta say is abuse bair on regular shields, I think its safe on shield at least during a crossup.

The Pacman dittos were godly! Be sure to learn Fruit Stoppin', it's good as a taunt and as a fake out. I like how you quickly adapted and picked up from my strategies in the ditto starting in the first ditto match.

Hope to see you around.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I played an extremely strong Ike yesterday who went by Pavel. I was going by Mactíre. We played Ike dittos, and even though he won most of the time, he made me play better than I ever have before, especially during our last match. We unfortunately disconnected before we could settle things. Does anyone here know a player by that name?

TrapOnLotus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StrapOnFetus
I go by the name Valen, with my tag being Pink Puff or Salad Mac. I main Little Mac. So if you guys see me on for glory, say hi!

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I played an extremely strong Ike yesterday who went by Pavel. I was going by Mactíre. We played Ike dittos, and even though he won most of the time, he made me play better than I ever have before, especially during our last match. We unfortunately disconnected before we could settle things. Does anyone here know a player by that name?
That's probably Black Star Pavel from Nintendodojo, a high ranked player btw.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Fought this person called [P] Ref and he played a pretty damn good green :4ness:

It was fun to play with you, thanks for teaching me to constantly correct bad habits that kill me (tech roll into you, air dodge due to pressure, etc.). I was outplayed in all areas (air and ground), but that's fine because it's always refreshing to see a solid Ness who doesn't just side b, fsmash, and taunt. Good job abusing your nair, I gotta respect that more.

Also, I can't believe we basically killed each other with an up smash and bair trade. Very hilarious and unbelievable, I wished it went to Sudden Death. The OoS game is real.

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Just played someone with the tag Sleeh28.
One of the most unpleasant people I have ever played. First time I played her (judging from Mii) was two months ago. Destroyed my G&W with Sheik and left after one match. Not before insulting me through the tags, though.
The second time we played was tonight and I prepared by picking my main, Ness. Again, got rekt by her Diddy, one match, and insults through the tags.
I mean, wtf? Can someone's life really be so pathetic and void of any meaning that they play Smash to make others feel bad? That's a sad life.
She probably leaves after one match so she doesn't get reported and does this to everyone she plays.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
One of the most unpleasant people I have ever played. First time I played her (judging from Mii) was two months ago. Destroyed my G&W with Sheik and left after one match. Not before insulting me through the tags, though.
The second time we played was tonight and I prepared by picking my main, Ness. Again, got rekt by her Diddy, one match, and insults through the tags.
I mean, wtf? Can someone's life really be so pathetic and void of any meaning that they play Smash to make others feel bad? That's a sad life.
She probably leaves after one match so she doesn't get reported and does this to everyone she plays.
if you've faced her previously and knew she does stuff like this, you should of immediately reported her right after match one.

also this is why I really wish nintendo would just either remove the ability to change your name tag in smash4 wii u and make it just like smash3ds, or give us the option to report players in more then just the results screen.

Sadly I doubt either of these would ever happen....

HIMA14

Smash Rookie
NNID
HIMA14BITS
I promise if I encounter that player I will report him/her without even playing a match!!! :v

Last edited:

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
if you've faced her previously and knew she does stuff like this, you should of immediately reported her right after match one.

also this is why I really wish nintendo would just either remove the ability to change your name tag in smash4 wii u and make it just like smash3ds, or give us the option to report players in more then just the results screen.

Sadly I doubt either of these would ever happen....
I did. Not so much on the idea that she'd insult me again, but for the last time. Her insulting me this time was just something extra. Not like Nintendo reviews reports anyway. Hopefully if enough people recognize her from multiple encounters, she can be sent to the banland where her and all the other douchebags go.

Nestea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Imthevp
3DS FC
0877-3300-7854
Fought this person called [P] Ref and he played a pretty damn good green :4ness:

It was fun to play with you, thanks for teaching me to constantly correct bad habits that kill me (tech roll into you, air dodge due to pressure, etc.). I was outplayed in all areas (air and ground), but that's fine because it's always refreshing to see a solid Ness who doesn't just side b, fsmash, and taunt. Good job abusing your nair, I gotta respect that more.

Also, I can't believe we basically killed each other with an up smash and bair trade. Very hilarious and unbelievable, I wished it went to Sudden Death. The OoS game is real.
Yooo I remember those matches, that was me. Your ROB was pretty solid, there were a couple cool combos you pulled off with the gyro and stuff. Also, that trade was unbelievable lol. It was down to a couple frames.

I AKU I

Smash Cadet
NNID
murphed
GG's to Juan MM. Your mega man was very good and your zoning game was pissing me off! Only bit of advice I would give is to be careful with your baits. There were a few times where you threw out Mega Upper because you expected me to grab the Metal Blade or punish an attack that seemed unsafe. I caught on which is why I was able to hit you with a fully charged Fsmash and rest on one occasion.

And Squid: We nearly played half the cast at some ungodly hour last night. (I stayed up wayyy to late) A lot of our matches were dittos. You were a good sport for sticking around all those games and your Zelda was good. Our Falco dittos were fun too!

Oh and shoutout to @AranOcean: Played you a while back with night hat Puff and a Yellow sheik. Your Pikachu was amazing. I need to play more like yours in order to get better with the MU. I just saw a replay of one of our matches and will try to learn from it. You are very crafty with your recoveries btw.

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
GGs to Jeffrey on 3DS. You whooped me good. xD Your Lucina was honestly the best I've played - I saw you struggle a bit on your swap to Marth for that last match though, I would just stick to Lucina, you seem to know her hitboxes better!

I felt kinda stupid for sticking to projectile-less characters after my swap from Falco, considering how bad I kept losing, but I just love the way battles play out when projectiles aren't involved, so the matches were really fun for me atleast! Shame I was playing really rusty too, just wish I'd been on top form, I've been told my Ganon is hell when I play my best, would've been nice to do well for a change. lol

Top Bottom