• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
To the player I met on Wii U For Glory and the tag SHAWN, your Mewtwo was superb and your Donkey Kong was absolutely AMAZING; I enjoyed fighting you.
Sounds like you've played against @itsaxelol. He's the only mewtwo I've come across that ever really gave me any trouble.

Muddyk

Smash Cadet
NNID
theflyingmud
3DS FC
4656-7708-6477
Good games to a player that goes by Six. That's it. Six, just like it's spelled here. You were a jerk with the taunting and dash dancing, but I can't deny that you're a pretty good Bowser Jr. (namely Iggy) player. Actually, the taunting didn't really affect me at all; I was kind of laughing most of the time. I don't know if you were trying to make me mad, but if you were, you did the opposite. Maybe it's because I'm probably just super optimistic today or because I was fighting Iggy, who is a truly goofy character in the Mario series.

Other than that, you even taught me a few new tricks with the Koopa Car Dash or whatever it's called among other things. I never played as Bowser Jr. when we fought, but I do play as him from time to time. I was 21Gmix with the purple Greninja, white Zelda, and white Meta Knight.
brahhhh i fought this guy with all my mains and got devestated he definitely shows that BJ has lots of tricks and potential i saved a few of our matches just for reference to myself and his BJ play.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
GGs to the player @Dr3a5 . I was red Olimar and you were purple Mario. I won the first two, you won a whole string of games, and then I started getting a few wins in towards the end.

You're amazing with all those SHFF auto-cancelled nairs and bairs. I had such a hard time punishing you. I had to learn a lot about Mario's aerial frame data, and I had to adapt to your playstyle a lot. I'm used to either super aggro rushdown Marios or cape spam Marios. The walls you set up were really strong as you gradually boxed me out of stage control. You also caught a lot of my bad habits (like the time I rolled in from the ledge and even though I knew before I pressed the input that I'd lose the match, I still did it anyway because of dumb habits).

I normally play a more aggro Olimar, so I had to improve my zone game to compete with you for stage control. Thanks for that learning experience. I like when I play a strong player and actually come away feeling that I got better as a result. Your attitude was really cool with communicating via tags. Great opponent with a great attitude. Kept me from experiencing salt from the tight matches!

GG again, and if you're a tourney player, good luck in the future!

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Played some guy by the name of baj, played a really good Falcon and Kirby along with a couple other characters.
GGs dude, I learned a lot from our matches, thanks for sticking around.

ParanoidAndroid

Smash Cadet
This was about week ago on the Wii U, I just forgot to post it. I believe your name was "Doug" and your tag was "name". You played Marth and I was Falco, my tag is HEC. We had great games I would win one and you would win the next and so on. You had some great tippers that killed me at 80%. Just wanted to say thanks for the good games.

Fryelt

Smash Rookie
NNID
glaceonmaster
3DS FC
3411-0519-9114
Played some guy by the name of baj, played a really good Falcon and Kirby along with a couple other characters.
GGs dude, I learned a lot from our matches, thanks for sticking around.
Oh wow, first person I ever meet in for glory that also has a SmashBoards account ! baj is my 3ds name ~

That Samus of yours is on point, dude ! Them Edge-guards, That spacing with Z-air and F-tilt/D-tilt, the Spikes and the set-ups with the bombs and Charge Shot tho(Especially that one time when you literally bomb'ed from one side to the other and Charge shot'ed me when I got close to ya, can't believe I fell for that one LOL)

I also played Bowser, King Dedede, Sonic, Mewtwo, Yoshi, and the last match I yolo'ed with Ganondorf (Had to make this one quick 'cause I had to sleep, it was 3 AM there for me xD)

Can we fight again someday ? I really liked fighting ya for 2 hours or so, Imma willing to do it again to practise my own edge-guards, juggles, tech chases/being tech chased, and my general off-stage game :p

EDIT : Might has well make a shout-out to a guy named Shaggy on the 3ds, who has a really good Samus and other characters has well. Great matches, had fun while we were at it :p

Last edited:

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
Oh wow, first person I ever meet in for glory that also has a SmashBoards account ! baj is my 3ds name ~

That Samus of yours is on point, dude ! Them Edge-guards, That spacing with Z-air and F-tilt/D-tilt, the Spikes and the set-ups with the bombs and Charge Shot tho(Especially that one time when you literally bomb'ed from one side to the other and Charge shot'ed me when I got close to ya, can't believe I fell for that one LOL)

I also played Bowser, King Dedede, Sonic, Mewtwo, Yoshi, and the last match I yolo'ed with Ganondorf (Had to make this one quick 'cause I had to sleep, it was 3 AM there for me xD)

Can we fight again someday ? I really liked fighting ya for 2 hours or so, Imma willing to do it again to practise my own edge-guards, juggles, tech chases/being tech chased, and my general off-stage game :p

EDIT : Might has well make a shout-out to a guy named Shaggy on the 3ds, who has a really good Samus and other characters has well. Great matches, had fun while we were at it :p
Honestly did not expect a response lol.

Thanks, my playstyle is pretty unique I'd say compared to the other guys I know that main Samus.
Yeah I tend to use very unorthodox ways for getting kills sometimes. :laugh:

I'm guessing the main characters you use are Falcon, Kirby, and Bowser out of all of them, cause those were the ones you were giving me the most trouble with and you seemed to know most of things they're capable of, especially your Falcon.

Sure, but I don't play too often, most of the time I'm in the lab just discovering stuff, only ever play when I want to test stuff on a real player or when I decide to take a break. Just shoot me a PM on here whenever you wanna battle, I get on here pretty much everyday.
Won't be able to play again anytime soon though, woke up this morning feeling really sick. :/

Last edited:

Fryelt

Smash Rookie
NNID
glaceonmaster
3DS FC
3411-0519-9114
Honestly did not expect a response lol.

Thanks, my playstyle is pretty unique I'd say compared to the other guys I know that main Samus.
Yeah I tend to use very unorthodox ways for getting kills sometimes. :laugh:

I'm guessing the main characters you use are Falcon, Kirby, and Bowser out of all of them, cause those were the ones you were giving me the most trouble with and you seemed to know most of things they're capable of, especially your Falcon.

Sure, but I don't play too often, most of the time I'm in the lab just discovering stuff, only ever play when I want to test stuff on a real player or when I decide to take a break. Just shoot me a PM on here whenever you wanna battle, I get on here pretty much everyday.
Won't be able to play again anytime soon though, woke up this morning feeling really sick. :/
Aww man, hoping ya get better soon .-.

I'll shoot the PM whenever I feel like battling ya then.

I'll be honest, I don't know who to main yet, although I have been mostly effective with a close-quarter fighting style, so yea, I'd say my main's between the 3 ya mentioned, the other 2 being secondaries for sure ~

Hubertson

Smash Rookie
NNID
Huthinator
A player named SamOfDoom asked me which character my Main is and I couldn't answer because I reached the maximum of name tags :/
I wanted to answer him on miiverse but he isn't registred.
So if you are reading This Sam , my Main is Luigi. :D

DeltaRouge

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeltaRouge
3DS FC
3179-6366-8322
[3DS] For Glory / Team Smash

Awesome games to Michael (Illinois, USA), Rya (Virginia, USA) and No... yes ( I didn't catch where you were from ;~; )! I don't think I've ever had such close matches in For Glory Team Battles as the ones I just had with you guys today. Damn, those made some good replays.

I was Mateo and played as | :4lucina:, :4palutena:

From what I remember, here's who you played as.

Michael | :4link:

Rya | :4jigglypuff:, :4falcon:, :4tlink:

No... yes | :4diddy:, :4villager:, :4wiifit:, :4pacman:

I also think No... yes played :4charizard: at one point but I can't remember. Maybe it was someone else.

I would've played more, but unfortunately I was disconnected after the match while trying to view your profiles. Anyway, I'm really hoping that you guys are here on SmashBoards! If possible, I'd love to play with you all again sometime and possibly have some true doubles matches!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
[3DS]
GG's to a great Yoshi player named Maicky. You played very well and I had such a hard time getting back on stage with your eggs forcing me to recover low, making me an easy target. I had to much trouble teching that B-air into the stage for some reason :urg: I was the blue Pit btw (though some people don't realize it's blue and think it is default). Hopefully we can play again sometime!

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
How did nobody play against me yet? With so many good players, I thought I would find anyone. I'm José, with the tag Purin. I play a Blue Kirby, Blue Falcon, Default/Blue Ness, Classic Toon Link, Jigglypuff with the bow and Default Ganondorf.

Galaxian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Galax1an
VERY good games to a guy named Dylan! I was Myles, and played Pac-Man, Kirby, and Ness.

Your Ike and Marth are really good! That tipper was NASTY. Great games, keep it up!

Twewy

Smash Lord
3DS: Forte, thanks for the good match in teams! Our ZSS/DK combo worked well, and I loved that Paralyzer+charged punch combo we pulled off.

Physics

Smash Journeyman
NNID
anthonyarena
I just played against a guy with the nickname Lucent but had the name tag SparK. Anyone know who this guy is? He is the best smash player I've ever played against by far, was absolutely incredible.

Mighty Moose

Smash Cadet
Shout out to SCAMP (I think it was that anyway?). Even though I 4-0'd you your Peach was still causing me trouble and those matches were pretty fun. I was the default Dedede who kept ****ing up when he tried to style.

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I just faced a good Donkey Kong player named Alchecho on the 3ds. Good games. Our matches were fun.

I was the red Palutena named Austin.

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
On Wii U I fought a guy called Cool Ant. Great Luigi and Shulk play. I played Sonic , Sheik , Marth and a few others

Twewy

Smash Lord
3DS: 1KYON1, that was an amazing Pac-Man! The Galagian+Fire Hydrant thing is impressive as hell and racks up a lotta damage, it's pretty smart of you.

Sonic Prower

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-1479-1886
I encountered someone named link on the 3DS, he tried to troll me but I ended up winning against Blue Shirt :4villager: on the 1st match and the :4villager: with a 6 on the yellow shirt on the 2nd match. After both matches he decided not to troll me. I won Sudden Death against his Silver :4sonic: on the 3rd. I won the last 2 matches against his :4mario: on the 4th match and his dark :4sonic: on the 5th match. I had to quit after that because he had me legitimately sweating.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
@ Sgt-Sol Sgt-Sol (pretty sure it's you, because it says Ohio) Wow, just wow. Your Luigi is freakin' amazing dude and also your diddy kong. I was Leoness the black/gold Peach you fought.... And taunted on -.-, but it's okay xD. Anyways, I'd like to battle you again, as I have little experience with Luigi players and sorry for that lag in the middle of the battle.

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
@ Sgt-Sol Sgt-Sol (pretty sure it's you, because it says Ohio) Wow, just wow. Your Luigi is freakin' amazing dude and also your diddy kong. I was Leoness the black/gold Peach you fought.... And taunted on -.-, but it's okay xD. Anyways, I'd like to battle you again, as I have little experience with Luigi players and sorry for that lag in the middle of the battle.
YOOOOOOOO WHATS UP BRO YOU IN A CREW SON , Wanna join sgt i got players better than me tho XD . My Diddy is **** against peach, but hes my main , you should fight my greninja tho
im **** with diddy without platforms

Sgt-Sol

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sol-Bird 64
3DS FC
2681-1465-2550
Yea so if you wanna join sgt, I'll have to try you out, PM me and i'll give you the details. The picture below me is the crew that im in, XD

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
YOOOOOOOO WHATS UP BRO YOU IN A CREW SON , Wanna join sgt i got players better than me tho XD . My Diddy is **** against peach, but hes my main , you should fight my greninja tho
im **** with diddy without platforms
Yea so if you wanna join sgt, I'll have to try you out, PM me and i'll give you the details. The picture below me is the crew that im in, XD
Hahaha. Alright then I'd like to try since I've never been in one. And lolz your diddy is probably one of the few that I saw in FG that actually know how to use him, so good job for that xD.

Sonic Prower

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-1479-1886
@ L Laggalot101 Hey I just fought you earlier today. Those were some good fights. I'm sorry for being a show off with the spin dash on the last match. If possible, I'd like to fight again sometime.

Twewy

Smash Lord
3DS: @Omyer, I think? Great matches, your Falco's pretty good. I'll be sure to keep my hands off your prey in the future!

nugrun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NugRun
3DS FC
2122-8507-8701
[3DS] player by the name EpB from Ontario. Sick falcon ditto matches. Such hype matches and our connection was like butter. Hope you're on here or see this we should def falcon ditto again :D. I was NugRun playing Gold Flacon & Black Sheik.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I had good games on the 3DS against people named Mikey, Big T, Ken and Bleyzen, we all used different characters and it was fun.

Laggalot101

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1418-6741-7161
@ L Laggalot101 Hey I just fought you earlier today. Those were some good fights. I'm sorry for being a show off with the spin dash on the last match. If possible, I'd like to fight again sometime.
I think I vaguely recall it. I think. Maybe? Sorry, my short-term memory is sometimes very disappointing. But maybe if I do indeed play you again at some point I'll remember. I feel very awkward because I feel like I should remember these things better, but I don't.

Anyway, if we can get things set up, I'll be happy to play you again.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
gotta love how wimps run off after one lucky win. guy named swaglord got his falcon destroyed by me first match, second match went link and got destroyed by my own falcon, final match I go link and he barely win's(as in we were both 150% damage win) and proceeds to the character select screen with "LOL get bodied"

hey kid hate to break it to ya but that's actually what I did to you the first two matches.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
GGs to a dude named Argueta on 3DS. Played Pink Falcon and Green Marth. Those were some of the most fun matches I've had on FG in a while, plus I got to practice R.O.B a little bit. Shame I had those SD's though lol.

Last edited:

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
GG's to @ Kytos Kytos ? Your Sonic was truly hard to catch. And with the fact that your pressure game plus patience was excellent.

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
To Dan Rog, who rocked the light blue Yoshi alt., I immensely enjoyed our Lucina vs. Yoshi bouts.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Is the Little Mac player, Wion here? I played you a few weeks back on For Glory and you responded to my Miiverse messages like a few days ago (after like two weeks lol) and you said you were on a hiatus or whatever. If you're here, hit me up, would love to play your Little Mac again.

Kytos

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4957-5186-8258
GG's to @ Kytos Kytos ? Your Sonic was truly hard to catch. And with the fact that your pressure game plus patience was great made it a very challenging battle.
Hey hey!! Thanks for the shoutout!! Though I can't remember which one was yours, considering I play FG 1 on 1 all the time. Mind recalling which was your tag and which one was your character?? And what stage did we play in??

Top Bottom