• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
Shout outs to FoxyAlopex from Alberta, Canada in the 3DS FG 1v1 room. We've had a great set of matches together, where we generally went 2 rounds with any given character, win or lose, and once our Jr Dittos started, we've become formal in our starts in that we taunt twice before actually fighting. XD

Those Jr dittos we've had were among the best in all of FG Anywhere I've had, even if I didn't win any of them despite me doing Side B Jump Cancel juggles and you not doing so, as well as attempting FAir juggle trains & FAR off-stage edgeguards. Then again, Jr Dittos in general are easily among my most favorite MUs to watch & challenge, as are Duck Hunt Dittos and even the Jr VS DH MU, no matter the setting. I hope you've noticed some of the advanced tricks that Jr has, like the numerous applications of Side B Jump Cancels, how his Side B can rip through Mechakoopas, and that he CAN recover his Clown Car after getting hit out of the Up B with certain moves (Turnips are generally NOT among them, as you have seen). The button to press for recovering the Car after Up B-ing is R, or whatever your block/airdodge button is.

I apologize for picking on your Robin with Duck Hunt. I just had to save & post a replay of how good the dog has it against him in the FG 1v1 setting, especially since I got lucky enough for the Omega stage to be walled (it's one of his best stages, even with Customs!). Your adaptation after seeing me crawl under Thoron was great (you waited for me to be caught in a standing action! 8D Plus you went for all the other Thunders to throw me off. :D). I wonder if you knew that I was still the dog when you brought out Bowser. Without customs & platforms, that MU is misery incarnate for both Bowser & Robin. Then again, I willingly walked into your Yoshi with Ludwig, hoping to find a way for the Koopalings to actually win this terrible MU for Junior. Sadly, I don't believe I've found a satisfactory answer yet without taking Yoshi to Lylat Cruise non-Omega with the custom 3322 set.

I would've gladly continued fighting your Mama Peach with Roy Koopa myself, had it not been for the dreaded Communication Error. I do wonder how many of our matches you've saved replays for. I myself couldn't save too many replays, since I'm hanging on to tech-filled replays from FG Teams. The replays from our set that I DID save have already been posted to the servers and given match-relevant comments.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Hi there Sploosh I really had a great time playing against you and a shout out to you too. I did save a few replays but I don't really know much about those advanced techniques I just play to have fun which I really had a lot of fun. Peach is my main and Fox is my second main while all those other characters I played as are my other favorite characters I use. You really are good at your mains too especially with the koopalings and I definitely need a lot of practice with my slower characters like Bowser and Robin. I hope we can play against each other again sometime.

oogamania

Smash Cadet
NNID
oogaman
Shoutouts to a good player named migs and his Kirby! Great Games! I don't remember the lil mac and fox player, but GG's to them, too!

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
GGs to the player named I-D-O. That Falcon ditto was insane!

Matsushi

True Blood
Good games to SMM1 who used every single damn character Shulk, Mewtwo, Bowser Jr and others. I cannot comprehend how someone can be sooo good with almost the entire roster while I was just there using the same 3 characters. But yeah, you were so good and I was surprised I could even take a few games. Good games, man! I was the Marth, Zelda and WFT with the tag "Matsu".

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
ggs to @Fan (WiiU)

omg those pika vs yoshi matches were DIIRRRTTYYY. SOO dirty!!!

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
GGs to D.Head Ted on 3ds. Your Wario and Wii Fit Trainer are both extremely good, and all of our matches ended up being extremely close. I'm sorry about the two laggy matches at the end. I forgot that my wifi tends to get pretty spotty around the time we played them.

Anyways, I was the Palutena player named Austin. I definitely want to play some more games in the future.

LabrysXII

Smash Cadet
NNID
LabrysXII
3DS FC
2020-0802-1886
Yo, good games to a player named Burrito on 3DS. You've got a really good ZSS, and your Lucina is no slouch either. I got bodied pretty hard. Sorry if I left so suddenly though, there was a thunderstorm my area sometime around our last match. But either way, I had fun. Hopefully we'll meet again soon.

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
Had some great matches with a player under the tag Gojira. Really good Samus and DK player. Dunno why there was salt at the end; I was having fun.

Samura1man

Smash Rookie
Good games against player named xzx, I almost had no idea what to do against Pac-Man, I am mostly aggressive player, gotta learn to play defensively, if you ever read this message, would you play friendlies? I would like to learn the matchup more.

MegaRiff

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaRiff
GG's to Venus, Rosalina player. I did what I could but damn, that wasn't nearly enough. Excellent player.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Respect to Ape, your Rosalina & Luma annihilated my Lucina; you're someone to be feared.

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Since I began to play FG on Wii U, I registered many matches to publish those Earthlings' names here. GGs to:
Tate: My first game was with you! You've done pretty well, just charge a little more Diddy's recovery.
kurt: My second game was with you. Why did you SD in the beginning of the second Stock (when you could still turn the tables), I don't know. Thanks for the Semi-JV3!
Veton: My W/L Ratio went from 100% to 3x% after playing with you! However, I had fun. I hope you did not rage quit because I won the last match.
Guy: I also played somebody named guy on 3DS (with a lowercase "g"), but this time I won! Are you the 3DS guy?
Arutha: Playing as The King of the Disrespect is just satisfying. The read with Warlock Punch felt like a book. Your Pikachu is pretty good, just use the Up-Throw -> Thunder combo on higher percents.
Luke: You've played as many characters against me, and done pretty well. Your tag was PSI_Starstorm, right? I have the feeling I saw you somewhere.
Red: BORINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Nope. You have a good Luigi. I don't care that you find me to be boring, I've got to admit that I've done some dumb mistakes that costed whole games. Your Mii actually looked like a anime villain. BORING!
matt: You were the most "Melee" Smash 4 player I've ever seen. You are a great Fox (pun not intended); Also, the first guy I see doing a Smash Attack out of a dashdance! That requires some godlike reflexes.
Patrik: I won't stop telling this to anyone who does this: Stop doing the effing Mac's Jolt Haymaker to approach because Mac will die doing this thing. Aside from that, you're pretty good.
William: You Meta Knight was good. But you can't camp as Marth :estatic:
felipeando: Um brasileiro! Maravilha. Cara, você joga bem, mas eu notei que você trocou para a Jiggly só para me deixar fulo (e deixou), mas tenho a sensação que você saiu depois do duelo Ganon x DONG só por eu ter ganhado. Espero estar errado.
(Translation) A Brazilian! Wonderful. Dude, you play pretty well, but I saw that you've changed to Jiggly just to make me mad (and I got mad), but I have the feeling that you got out after the Ganon x DONG just because I won. I hope to be wrong!
sal: One of the most respectful players I've ever met online! You are a great player and I hope to meet you again in the future. My Falcon's comeback against you DHD was gold. However, you did beat the thing out of me in that same game.
I'm going to post Part 2 later.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
So ye shoutouts to a R.O.B named MK1 I fought a while back; also to some dude named "Fighter..." with a pink DDD, purple Yoshi, Gold Falcon, and pink sonic. I was Togg with the samus and Toon Link

atomicblast360

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AtomicBlast360
Shout out to Kevin, with the tag Yee on For Glory He played DK and did some pretty good combos such as forward throw (thrown up) - nair - Up B, My name was Donte with the Tag Atomic, I played Dedede and Diddy Kong, I won all 3 games but he was a REALLY good DK, oh and I was picking random and got samus game 1 and loss, but went my mains after that ;P, if you see this, GGs!

If anyone ever runs into me, let me know, my name is Donte, and my tag is always Atomic, I'm mostly using Dedede and Diddy

Last edited by a moderator:

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Well Mr "Some Guy." You're a decent Peach and Charizard, but you really don't have to rub it in, I know I'm the world's worst. :p

D

Deleted member

I wonder why nobody has commented about trying to find me around these parts...

cdc112

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0877-2511-3405
  • I'm a duck hunt (Dalmatian only) and mega man (green yellow variation) my name online is Willyum but may be changed to Duck you and cdc112

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Im just curious (as we all must be)

I met a zatch on for glory who played an ike
And ive played @ Zatchiel Zatchiel in brawl a few times (who also used ike)

So im just wondering if they are one and the same.

I saved our replay that ill upload soon for reference.

(I was the zss on omega hyrule temple with the name extreme)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Im just curious (as we all must be)

I met a zatch on for glory who played an ike
And ive played @ Zatchiel Zatchiel in brawl a few times (who also used ike)

So im just wondering if they are one and the same.

I saved our replay that ill upload soon for reference.

(I was the zss on omega hyrule temple with the name extreme)
Yes, that was me. Ike is still my main in Smash 4. From what I can remember the matches were pretty fun. You've done some leveling up since our last Brawl encounter, none to my surprise.

Very nice seeing you again.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Yes, that was me. Ike is still my main in Smash 4. From what I can remember the matches were pretty fun. You've done some leveling up since our last Brawl encounter, none to my surprise.

Very nice seeing you again.
Well how bout that. Yes smash 4 was such a skill opener. The faster pacing as well as a new and better control scheme (no more maining wii mote and nunchuck) as well as character improvements has allowed me to up my game significantly.

I dont like the changes made to kirby (jumps are so much less floaty now) that i no longer main him.

WE should play again soon.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
If you played TPAIN, good games. I'm super rusty after not playing for about 2 weeks so I got beaten decently hard. I'll get back into it

Last edited:

Senko Zero

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4940-5527-1789
[3ds]

GGs to player named Bidoof in teams. When we got paired up it seemed we had pretty good team moves in sync with eachother. Too bad it got cut shot by connection issues.

link2702

Smash Champion
did.....I just face the real Ken...? is his tag @manacloud or something similar....o_0; a user on another site just mentioned it and said how he watched me just destroy ken with my mac....

It couldn't of been him....

If it was he had to have been trolling/not playing seriously....I faced his diddy, and ganon. Most matches I won. When i did try to ganon ditto him however I was ROFLstomped hard

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
did.....I just face the real Ken...? is his tag @manacloud or something similar....o_0; a user on another site just mentioned it and said how he watched me just destroy ken with my mac....

It couldn't of been him....

If it was he had to have been trolling/not playing seriously....I faced his diddy, and ganon. Most matches I won. When i did try to ganon ditto him however I was ROFLstomped hard
I believe Manacloud is Ken's brother, and I believe he mains Ganondorf in this game, so it is possible that you did face Ken.

Don't take my word for it though. I'm only going off what I've heard.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Good games to a player by the name of MrKitty! We faced each other on Friday, May 8. I don't remember how many matches we played, but I remembered you were mostly playing with Sonic (and you played Sonic really well too), and then you used Pit on the last 2 matches we played. I played with Greninja for all of them except the last one, where I used Shulk. You won the first two games with your Sonic, but then I won the next two games with Greninja. You then switched into Pit the following match, and I was very close to beating you in that round but I misplayed when I fell for your Guardian Orbitars by accident. I then won the final match with Shulk, my secondary, against your Pit.

link2702

Smash Champion
I believe Manacloud is Ken's brother, and I believe he mains Ganondorf in this game, so it is possible that you did face Ken.

Don't take my word for it though. I'm only going off what I've heard.
...I just checked his twitch....he was recording those matches of us.....

So I guess I did face and....and beat Ken....

That feels weird knowing I just faced.... and beat... a player who is often regarded as one of the best players in smash history. yeah sure he's known for melee, not smash4, and smash4 and melee are very very different, but still....

RaphAttack90

Smash Rookie
NNID
RaphAttack90
3DS FC
0645-5985-1639
SSB [Star] Icy, sorry I left, I had to go to sleep. My name online is Raffi. You were an excellent player and would love to face you again! :)

Blapi

Smash Rookie
im looking for "Jessie .." playing with you cheered me up so much , i had so much fun (i was pink pit named "tip") just made this account, sorry!! :4pit:

BlazedMike95

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlazedMike95
3DS FC
5198-2884-6597
Shoutouts to @ Diablak Diablak . I'm assuming he's here due to the fact that he put "SB·Diablak" in the name tags. I was [SB]Mike. Your Sheik was really good, to the point where some matches felt hopeless against her. Definitely the best Sheik I've fought so far. Your Falcon was pretty good as well. You knew how to land that knee surprisingly well. GGs.

Diablak

Smash Rookie
GGs to you as well @ BlazedMike95 BlazedMike95 . Those were pretty cool fights. A bit disappointed with my stupid suicides but meh it happens when you play against better than you. You are definitely one of the best player I fought so far. Until next time maybe.

Last edited:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
[Wii U]

GGS to three people i just played with for two matches on For Glory Smash

Eric who used light blue Ness and Default Capt. Falcon, D.J (Default colorCapt. Falcon for both matches) and Shaya who used Black Shulk ( Smashboards @Shaya ?). I was the blue Falco and Black Bowser who went by Wesker08.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
[Wii U] Good games to @PairODucks who used red MegaMan! Definitely one of the best Mega Man players I've fought to date, you clearly knew what you were doing, and those uppercuts were very scary indeed. Good games once again! I had so much fun. I was the black Marth and default Robin with the tag "Matsu".

Top Bottom