• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
Good games on 3DS @ Haze~ Haze~ (If it really was you? I just assume it was since the players name was Haze with the tag HYEZ and was also from Sweden)
I know you as a Captain Falcon player, but i have never met someone so good with Greninja before so it was great practice learning the matchup and i felt like it was really even!
Have watched your Brawl matches much on Youtube so it was awesome to play against you.

I was named Metalex and played mostly Falcon but also some R.O.B and Bowser. JR.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
TomBro if you can see this, you are the funniest rager on FG.
Shield broken with Marth and dying at 41%, yeah I can see where it's coming from.
Keep on spewing that salt! :)

Last edited:

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
3DS - Someone here named Wakko that mains Sonic and Mario? Very solid characters.

And I hope I don't sound patronizing nor am I trying to john over the losses, but I find the Sonic MU really boring and stupid, lol. :p

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
HRES.DAVY! great Mega Man, awesome pair up w/my marth/mac fg teams is fun lately

bub and BOOTZIE good opponents esepcially lucario

mayweather / FART crazy ganondorf ... lol ggs

SUGOI tough lit mac

Jalapeno / KING nice Ness ggs

Poo Poo / Garrett nice yoshi

Last edited:

brownzombie

Smash Cadet
NNID
BrownZombie
I just played against Diddy. I used Ness first and then I switched to Zero Suit. Sorry I forgot to add you :0 you were a good player

Hitman JT

The Infinite One
NNID
JT.Hitman
3DS FC
1435-5432-6684
Shoutout to this Wii U Mario player, his mii name was like '.' and his tag was -

We played for like an hour, went back and forth with the mindgames and the fake-outs. Fun stuff. Dude was mad patient, knew just when to go in and when to chill, knew exactly when to roll to get past most of my attempts to box him out
I still ****ing hate rolls in this game

Pretty Princess

Smash Cadet
NNID
lordgooomy
3DS FC
0559-7269-5928
Shoutout to the red Charizard that successfully landed a Flare Blitz at 100%+...

...but had a stitch-face turnip land on him after the recoil, knocking him into range for my Back-Air to kill. lol

I wish you hadn't rage quit, because I never get to play decent Zards on FG. :(

Ladyspiker

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6235-1432-1920
Must leave a shout-out for an awesome player named Cécile on the 3DS. Even though I won the first two matches, when I suicided with ZSS on the third match (and it was entirely my fault too as I got a little too ambitious off the edge), instead of taunting like some idiots do, you suicided to make it even. What a classy player! I rotated with Peach, Rosalina and ZSS, and you played a new character every time. Would love to play with you again sometime, if you are reading this!

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
[3DS] Shout outs to a Bubba (so many on this site jeez) from NJ iirc and had a Duck Hunt Dog icon. Super fun :4samus: vs :4dedede: matches at like 4 in the morning. Most fun I've had on For Glory in a while.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
{Wii U} GG's CTK, your Fox is really good haha. First time I've ran into a good one on FG; they're so rare for some reason. I didn't really know how to handle him.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Yes that was me! Yo those were some hype matches! @ Metalex Metalex and thanks your Falcon is really good as your Rob and Bowser jr.
I play Falcon too but im thinking about maining Greninja on the wii u later when i get it sometime next month. Yeah the matchup looked pretty even those games. Yeah awesome, we should play again, i'll messege you soon.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
GGs to @AegonTheConqueror (assuming this guy is the luigi I just fought right now). I was Leoness in 3ds and I was using Black/Gold Peach. I wanted to battle you one more time, but like most people, you left after winning 2 times >.< and leaving me with one win. It could have been more fun if you actually stayed. It's not that Luigi really differs from other good luigi players. Is that I barely play Luigi players like you so, I have no info on matchups for Peach Vs. Luigi (Tried reading the matchup thread, but I learn better when I actually fight.). I thought we could exchange friend codes so that everytime I want to learn the Peach Vs. Luigi matchup I would go to you. Anyways you were awesome with Luigi xD.

EDIT: I just checked your profile information and it's possible you're the Luigi player named Aegon that I fought xD. (Please let it be you)

Last edited:

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Ggs to the player Shania'! If you are on Smashboards (couldn't find you), then we need to play some matches; I fought you about five minutes ago, and I was under the name JPain.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Anyone play against a Shizuo?

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
(3DS)Just played like an hour of matches against a player named "Saved0_0" who used Sheik, Fox, Yoshi, Kirby, and Falcon. I won the majority of games but this player kept up quite well with me, even catching on to some of my mistakes. I used Red Link, Falcon, Falco, and Zelda. I went Zelda to use her down taunt to signify that I wanted to leave but he kept attacking me, so I stayed. lol

NNID
TheBeardalls
3DS FC
3539-9009-9936
I can't remember the names of most of the people I play against, so I'll just put down a list of characters I use and hopefully we'll see if someone's fought against me. Hopefully. I doubt anyone will remember. The characters are in no particular order.

Dark Pit - Red
Lucina - Red
King Dedede - Purple
Falco - Orange
Shulk - Nekkid
Zelda - Black
Peach - Black
Captain Falcon - Fabulous
Female Wii Fit Trainer - Green
Female Robin - Yellow
Link - Fierce Deity

On the Wii-U version, my floating name thingy is 'Jazzy'. So it'll be Jazzy Jarret.

Iguana

Smash Cadet
Just played 5 matches (I lost 1-4) against a WFT main named OvrLrdToni on 3DS. Whoever you are, GGs. Amazing WFT, and literally the FIRST actually good WFT main I've seen in For Glory in over 1300 matches I've played (I played 1000 of those matches with WFT since she was my only main on both games and wanted to have different mains on each game, so I left WFT for Wii U and switched to Lucina on 3DS).

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Daniel (tag: TopTier)

GGs, I was the Duck Hunt tagged TPAIN.

Seeing your tag, I didn't expect you to actually use the higher tier characters as well as you did.

Your Yoshi was really, really tough. Did not expect you to switch.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Played a bunch of matches on Wii U against a fun guy named Divine. Really great matches, saved a few replays!

PCHU

Smash Lord
Dang it, Beady, I never got one good match.
First stock of the final DK vs 'dorf match wifi just effs up all my inputs and I do an airdodge instead of a nair and eat a fsmash for it so it looks like you predicted the whole thing.
It was infuriating mostly because I get tired of playing against people running away from me all day, and the one match I get where you actually approach me I end up getting screwed over.

It's times like this when I just want to go strict Dedede and plow through everyone regardless of skill level; something about For Glory just ticks me off so much, and it's freaking disappointing that it's the only mode that somewhat simulates tournament play.
Maybe if I got some real matches instead of people trying to run the clock, it'd be a lot more fun.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I just played the greatest FG matches in existence against a player who went by "Tony" on the 3DS. This guy was well equipped with knowledge about this game. Everything from ledge trump punishing to freakin infinite edge running. He started out with a surprisingly good Green Donkey Kong. He knew about cargo shenanigans. Then he went Green Captain Falcon and he also knew how to follow up from d-throws. Then he went Puff and eventually back to Falcon again for Falcon dittos.

I used Red Marth, Red DK, Red Link, and stopped at Red Falcon. Those were indeed the most manly matches I've had on FG. Considering I've been playing a lot of people from Japan and Mexico beforehand with crappy connection, ours were smooth. GGs

Here are 2 replays I recorded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Hc-J03tLM

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Played multiple matches with peeps named Nocrzile, Spiff and Zero.
I played a "ZeRo" last night. 3 matches and I won all of them. I wanted to add him to friends list, except in the last match he spammed rolls and ran the whole time so I ignored it. I also played a guy named "M2K" who used Pink Captain Falcon and Diddy... I won those matches also. Clear imposters. lol

link2702

Smash Champion
keep an eye out for some rage quitter mario named merz0r.

he raged after my falcon beat his mario and proceeded with the insults on his name tag after just 1 match, then rage quit before the second one started.

ugh I wish nintendo gave us a way to report players at other then just the results screen. The ragequitters and crybabies have found the loophole where they can avoid getting banned if they leave before the next match starts.

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
keep an eye out for some rage quitter mario named merz0r.

he raged after my falcon beat his mario and proceeded with the insults on his name tag after just 1 match, then rage quit before the second one started.

ugh I wish nintendo gave us a way to report players at other then just the results screen. The ragequitters and crybabies have found the loophole where they can avoid getting banned if they leave before the next match starts.
Best thing to do is just block them so you won't have to deal with them again, and move on.

At least that's what I've been doing; it's worked so far.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
anyone ever fought a 3ds player called nando he ditto's you if he loses with sonic also spams with the ditto kinda unskillfully

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Played a guy/gal on the 3DS, name of Mac and with the tagline "Do a combat!" Not only was your Fox amazing, you're extremely good at the game in general and I wouldn't mind battling with you some more.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
[Wii U] if there isn't a player named Gio around here, I'll be surprised... this Bowser was nothing like I've seen before, steamrolling the hard reads like I'm just another scrub... still very frustrated at my lack of a plan!

I did manage to score a few games, but the victories didn't last. the only other thing i Don't quite get is your nametagging "U R COOL", almost as if to reassure me from the beatdown I was about to get or something... gah!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I just played the greatest FG matches in existence against a player who went by "Tony" on the 3DS. This guy was well equipped with knowledge about this game. Everything from ledge trump punishing to freakin infinite edge running. He started out with a surprisingly good Green Donkey Kong. He knew about cargo shenanigans. Then he went Green Captain Falcon and he also knew how to follow up from d-throws. Then he went Puff and eventually back to Falcon again for Falcon dittos.

I used Red Marth, Red DK, Red Link, and stopped at Red Falcon. Those were indeed the most manly matches I've had on FG. Considering I've been playing a lot of people from Japan and Mexico beforehand with crappy connection, ours were smooth. GGs

Here are 2 replays I recorded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Hc-J03tLM
Was his tag Dr.? he's one of the best although (safest) falcons out there, i fought him once and the battles were pretty awesome, glad to know i beat someone who beat ZeRo's DDD in one of his videos, he's on there. (hope you added him bro, i know i did!)

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Was his tag Dr.? he's one of the best although (safest) falcons out there, i fought him once and the battles were pretty awesome, glad to know i beat someone who beat ZeRo's DDD in one of his videos, he's on there. (hope you added him bro, i know i did!)
I don't think it's him. Those matches happened on ye ol' 3DS. I don't think 3DS has tags online. I don't have a WiiU as of yet but I plan to get one in the summer.

Hopefully by then we can have a match like old times.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Tony from Mississippi? That's my homeboy

He has a good dr. mario too. His sb account is @Ph0eniX315

Ask him about dat bowser tho, lol.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Fought this guy named Trey from Florida. He's good. No amazing. Using characters amazingly. He's very patient and knows how to bait you to air dodge into his smash. I've no words. He's just that good. I've noticed he does roll a lot, but he's good at reading and baiting. He won four time and I won three, but he left already. My name is Leoness on 3ds and I used Black/Gold Peach. I know he taunted a lot too whenever he takes one of my stock, so I'm pretty sure this guys probably has a bad attitude and his caption also says "you'll lose". Nevertheless, he's amazing and if you're here Trey, I'd like to fight you again, because it might help me be more patient and improve on reading rolls.

I also fought a person from St. Luis (Idk something like that) names (star symbol) Lucario. His caption say El Mejor Jugador. He's good like Trey. He's very similar to trey, but smarter and less patient. VERY amazing with Luigi. Idk about the other characters used, but if I had to choose who he can use best is that it's Luigi. Those fireballs that messes up my floating and my aerials. Also, he gotta practice to stop doing lots of rolls, because like when I read his roll, I siccessfully used rest on him. Even though he rolls a lot he's still a smart, patient, and aggressive player.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
ChaosNeo, those were some good games! We were playing on the 3DS version and I had a fun time. We started with a WFT vs. Charizard set (which ended in a timeout because he started to destroy me) but then we went other characters. Charizard's ledge trapping game is real.

He's been mentioned once before in the thread. I'd love to play him again sometime.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Michael.
Tag: "RAWK"

You play a mean Samus. Good games.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
Some by the name of Drk. Peach had a seriously nuts Peach... dash dancing and crazy float combos. I may have been salty you totally trashed me but I respect your skill.

Uffe

Smash Hero
[3DS] I fought someone by the name of Lex last night, which was Thursday. I was using my main blue Ness. I fought your Falco twice, then you switched to Diddy Kong and when you went Marth on the forth match. Not sure why it suddenly became laggy, but I kind of threw the match by purposely fairing you off stage and then just dying. My friend came over to pick me up, so I had to go anyway. :S I would really love to play you again if you see this.

Top Bottom