• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Dylan the Metal Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Metalheadedfury
3DS FC
4613-8814-1645
Dylan is a common name. Ever played a black/yellow Mega Man named Andi?
I believe so, your name does sound familiar, and I have only played against a few Mega-Man Players online, sad really all i get is Zero Suit Samus, I find Mega-Man more difficult to deal with.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I believe so, your name does sound familiar, and I have only played against a few Mega-Man Players online, sad really all i get is Zero Suit Samus, I find Mega-Man more difficult to deal with.
If that's the case, what was your opinion on my skill? I've improved since then and will be attending an unofficial tourney hosted by my friends, although my friends go to locals often so it will be like an official tourney.

ProfessorVincent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alexim
3DS FC
2105-8719-2070
Alright! I have been postponing making an account here but I had to do it this time. I am a Villager main and have been playing a lot of FG. I had only seen another villager once and he wasn't that good. Today, however, I was playing Marth and this dude called Heyyou came in. He played Villager with the same color scheme that I do and used practically the exact same strategies. I felt teleported to this weird twilight zone where I was fighting myself.

After losing, I of course switched to my own Villager and we had some awesome fights! It was like twins separated at birth!!!

Heyyou, if you see this, I am Vicente. PM me and we'll play again! Also, if anyone else would like to play me, please PM me as well :p

Dylan the Metal Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Metalheadedfury
3DS FC
4613-8814-1645
If that's the case, what was your opinion on my skill? I've improved since then and will be attending an unofficial tourney hosted by my friends, although my friends go to locals often so it will be like an official tourney.
Hard to say, if I remember correctly we went a few rounds before a connection issue disconnected us, I don't remember who won but I believe you were pretty good. if that was you that is, like i said before you name sounds familiar.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
Fought someone named S. Ninja for like 8000 years. Started out with me messing with Pit and I ended up going through a ton of the cast. If you're here, sorry I had to leave. Eyes got tired.

Niner

Smash Cadet
If anyone's seen a Lunch playing pink Robin, old pappy Ganon, Lucina, ZSS, a whole sleuth of characters, tis I.

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Shout out to this awesome Japanese player I fought for ten rounds or so! I may have lost pretty bad, all times barring one, but they were a really good sport (ducking or taunting at the beginning of fights) and I had a really fun time playing with them. For once I didn't really care if I won or not, so thank you. I hope I can learn from the replays of our matches! (I doubt that they'll see this, but they were pretty great!)

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'm tempted to go through every page to see if anyone here played me.

Anyways I fought a really good ness a few days ago names zirohh. I've saved at least three matches.

My 3ds name is also jords2good but its always cut out like jords2g...

Last edited:

Spirst

I'm tempted to go through every page to see if anyone here played me.

Anyways I fought a really good ness a few days ago names zirohh. I've saved at least three matches.

My 3ds name is also jords2good but its always cut out like jords2g...
You can just do a search for your name in this thread and see if any results are pulled up.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Eh so far no one here played me except one here which I already knew about. I should probably visit this thread more often. Hope I don't forget :)

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Anyone played with a guy named Dylan who used Mario, Ganondorf, or Pac-Man? I don't mind rematches especially against one person named Marvin who used Ness, we started out having a serious fight but then we started playing baseball thanks to Ness's FSmash Bat, so much fun.
Uh, your name sounds kind of familiar. Ever fight a Pit by the name of Motley?

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Just played a few great matches against a player named Emily. I was Sonny, the Green Sheik and also Green R.O.B, and your ZSS was excellent. I hope I can find you here, and sorry about the lag during our last few matches.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I just had an amazing session with a player called snipe. We used all kinds of characters. Pleaaaase be on this forum, you are a great sparrings partner!

Grim Fandango

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. Last night I ran into a greninja main named [t$r] r y a n. He played a very strong offense, stronger than anything I've seen so far in for glory. I was testing out zelda for the first time last night, so I got beat pretty bad. I would've played some more but a communication error occurred. I also played against a Pikachu named Feiri, a marth named random, and a little mac named Cuban. All of these players are very good. I go by Grim online. If anyone has seen them, let me know, please!

Last edited:

preternaturalism

Smash Rookie
i'm actually curious about this myself. i encountered a few (a 'little mac' user that goes by the name of Mr.C and a 'greninja' user that goes by ArcticW...) that i'd like to see here. my nickname is lain (no, not the michigan [?] player that all my friends insist on telling me about; it's a reference to the anime) and i use 'ness'.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Just played a few great matches against a player named Emily. I was Sonny, the Green Sheik and also Green R.O.B, and your ZSS was excellent. I hope I can find you here, and sorry about the lag during our last few matches.
I believe I have played you before. I go by Arturo or Oblivion, normally using a Black Knight Ike, White Greninja and King DeDeDe.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
This is a long shot, but...I just played a japanese player with the tag xsenx. It said he was from the Yamanashi prefecture of Japan, although there was very little lag so I wonder if he's not somewhere in the US instead. Anyways, you had a nice Ness and Yoshi, and I had a lot of fun playing with you. The pre-match taunts were great too, and I got some matches saved for me to review.

If you do actually go here, I was the guy who played the big heavy dudes. Dedede, Bowser, Charizard, and Yoshi (who I guess is a small heavy dude). Would love to play again sometime.

MatrixNexus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Whoisthis0
3DS FC
4785-6210-1190
Shout out to Lu15, those were great Mario dittos. The name is Stealth.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
mfw I search "Drake" and get no results in this thread or on r/smashedconnections

Tra-SB

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicxpika
3DS FC
2063-0487-8921
Wow I'm surprised I haven't ran into anyone here yet o3o surprising.

Matsushi

True Blood
Awesome games to Forrest! You had an awesome bunch of characters, especially your Mega Man. That projectile game was just too good, haha. I was that ZSS/Marth/Robin/Peach named Defalt. :D

Galamoz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-2158-0278
Impressive moves c4! Just when I was thinking of being bored of for glory, you come and wreck me with your wario, rob, and ike. ggs
-Austin

Pikachewy99

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PikachewySAC
3DS FC
4270-1328-9930
Shout out to kdjr.ssj and his awesome Greninja/marth! Even though I lost I had fun and learned a lot about my habits!
Shout out to budaho.. Who completely wrecked me with his Kirby. There needs to be more players like that!

Smog753

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1676-3692-5783
I'm looking for people to 1v1 with regularly.

Rules:

No items
FD, BF or YS
2 or 3 stocks (I prefer 3)
I don't set a time limit but I will if you want it
No equipment
I don't use custom moves but you can use them if you want

Before you accept, keep in mind that we might be unable to play, because my excessively strict router keeps me from playing about half of all people. The same error repeatedly appears after every attempt to join, regardless of who's hosting. If we manage to connect, the lag is unlikely to be unbearable. This problem is permanent and seemingly depends only on the person's wi-fi equipment, so if we can't connect and you have another access point available, we might be able to connect through the other one. I've tried to fix this many times, in many ways, to no avail. Whatever you may suggest as a fix I've most likely attempted already.

I main CF, and am also comfortable playing Samus and MegaMan. If you'd like practice against any particular character, I can use them for you. I like long sessions, and usually stay as the same character throughout. I prefer to play the same matchup many times, consecutively, before changing it. I'm not forcing this on you, I'm just stating my preferences. If you want to change characters often, or only want to play a few games, that's ok. If you want me to change characters more often, I will. If you beat me consistently, I'll continue trying for as long as you let me. If I beat you consistently, I'll let you keep trying, so feel free to try a new character on me. I seek to increase the amount and quality of matches that I have over the time I spend on this game. Having people I can play with regularly would lead to less time wasted searching on For Glory. We can set up matches via PMs on here. Anyone interested?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Yo "manny" !

Made for an awesome partner in Team For Glory! I usually hate villager but when he's on my side. Damn we kicked major asscots! GGs. I was Ganndorf. Name's Raven B. Hopefully one day we'll fight again :)

link2702

Smash Champion
gg/frustrating games to a player named benito from california.

Only little mac so far I've found who actually knew wtf they were doing.

caught me completely off guard since I had yet to play a good mac, only thing I knew to do was use my link and keep you at bay with projectiles.

Last edited:

Semopo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0688-6533-6002
Diab, you were just too good. Thank you for teaching, I'll smash you soon enough, thats a promise

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
I believe I have played you before. I go by Arturo or Oblivion, normally using a Black Knight Ike, White Greninja and King DeDeDe.
I might have fought you before. Do you remember how many matches we had or what character/s I was using? And do you remember when you fought me (i.e yesterday, a few days ago, etc)? I veeeery vaguely remember "Oblivion" I THINK.

Last edited:

MisterVisceral

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistervisceral
3DS FC
3153-4184-3244
Anyone play MVic? I usually main Roy. I just had a couple tough matches again a Rosaluma named steve and someone named mini-me with some fun matches.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I might have fought you before. Do you remember how many matches we had or what character/s I was using? And do you remember when you fought me (i.e yesterday, a few days ago, etc)? I veeeery vaguely remember "Oblivion" I THINK.
I think two weeks ago, probably like 4 matches, I only remember Mac and Sheik. I'm pretty positive because I remember Sonny and a green Sheik. No one else uses green Sheik lol.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
F.Mercury ....... I think you're a disgrace to even use that name if you're representing who I think you are. You suicided then hung on the View Results screen for a cool second, probably to report me when you were the scrub who SD'd on purpose after you lost your first stock. I was going to report you, but I rapid pressed A out of habit... then you went on to do the same, but for no reason.

I hope you see this, then choke on something. Keep in touch. :4miibrawl:

Last edited:

PK Tripping

Smash Cadet
To Ryuht, you played an awesome fox/Falcon. Amazing job taking my Ness down. You may have destroyed me, but it was a ton of fun! Espically SD'ing to make the match even, thanks :D

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
and to Pokey just now who ragequit Mega Man vs Peppermint Mario just as he was about to lose the last stock....

AMERICAN MARIO, ON FOR GLORY.......AND YOU RAGE QUIT. NICE PATRIOTISM, BREH.

BSME/misc

Smash Ace
NNID
jjp702
3DS FC
1521-3685-4649
Shoutouts to lucinasang that just played for about a hour and a half who used rosalina ( use gravitational pull more often) and lucina. I was the guy who used yoshi and bowser mainly

Top Bottom