• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Who WAS That?" The Player-Finder Thread

Crystanium

Smash Hero
My main issue is when people are rude. I was using the tag, "Learning" because I want people in FG that my losses may be attributed to trying out ZSS. I've wanted to have her as a tertiary, but her movement really throws me off, so I thought I'd try to really give her a shot. But the behavior given to me was unwarranted.

link2702

Smash Champion
@RiBB Lion, don't be a wimp and d/c the instant you lose, my ryu beat your Roy, accept the loss and move on, d/cling soon as you get star ko'd just shows you're a sore loser.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I played against a person by the named NIALS...or something like that...who used a variety of characters during the awesome matches we had. Good games out there. I was Tino who played as Rosalina, Link, Cloud and Falco. Would love to play against you again sometime. :)

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
[3DS]

Played against a mii called Maya Fey from Spain. If you are reading this, I was Wario and you played Peach at the first match then Samus for the others, I had some fun matches with you, your Samus was very fun to play against and you have high skills. You beated me on the last 2 matches, I had to go.
Sorry for that footstooled Wariocide finished by an accidental uncharged waft. x)

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Shoutout to Crooksus on 3ds. Your Bowser is incredibly scary, and you got me worried upon seeing Pikachu. I was GiraDio the Cloud. Good games.

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
[Wii U]

Great games from LJStar, you totally masterise your Sonic, it was crazy to fight you, it looks like your lag was always canceled. I always thought Wario beat Sonic, but you showed that you could pass it even if I won 2 matches among the 4. It looks like you were busy after your failed recovery because of the bump on the ceilling during the match where I won the 1st time.
Ah, and nice Charizard too, it was impossible for me to knock-out you. :)

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Well I never thought it possible but i met someone with the same name as me on 3ds. Drew. He only played Dlc characters and a couple of samus ditto's, and was obviously new to smash. Drew, if you're reading this, goddamit i have to change my name.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Warning: Avoid JAVI from Mexico. He rolls too much, considers himself an expert according to his profile, taunts you, and will tell you you're bad. I felt his behavior was rude and reported him. Just giving everyone a heads-up.
That name seems familiar, as if I've played him before but on the 3DS. Could be a different guy, but the Javi I played wasn't good, and from the sounds of it, the guy you're mentioning sounds bad. I try to avoid playing people from Mexico because the connection tends to be garbage. Very rarely do I find players from Mexico to have good connection. I've had better luck with Europe, which is odd.

LordMudkip

Smash Rookie
NNID
Oblivion93
Shoutout to someone with the mii name MASTER and The tag Test: that I just played with all afternoon! My mii name was Tony, and my tag was the same.

Idk how many games we played, but it was a a lot of fun. You were really good with all the characters that we went through! I hope we get the chance to play again sometime!

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Ditto'd a Ness with the tag "the kid" using fuel color the other day. Ggs.

If you use the boards, message me for more practice.

Shikomizue

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-0611-6964
I faced a person by the name of Shawn B earlier on 3DS. We had a good almost dozen matches where they faced me with Peach, Gannon and Marth. (Your Marth was exquisite btw)
I was Shikomizue, who played Little Mac and Ike. If you're on these forums, I do hope we meet again.

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
I faced someone called Epic[Elite] who played a Blue/Gray Ryu. I had nice matches with you, and sorry if I looked like a jerk for double meteor smashing you as Mario.
I also faced someone called ozkeet. Started off as Donkey Kong, then Link, then Greninja. GG's.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
Ok. Player named DJ on the 3ds. Falco player. How about actually playing the game? You only ran away and waited for a chance to grab after i used a move or something. And while it might work against some people, it didn't work against me. So learn to play the game or don't play like that. It's annoying, stupid, and how the hell are you enjoying yourself playing like that? Quit rolling away. Seriously. That's literally asking to be charge shotted or flare blitzed. Quit playing lame.

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
N Nocally I found you again; excluding the lag do you think I've improved? I'm still not sure how to deal with Pika-pressure but I was glad to get that Waft read against the Quick Attacks..!

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
N Nocally I found you again; excluding the lag do you think I've improved? I'm still not sure how to deal with Pika-pressure but I was glad to get that Waft read against the Quick Attacks..!
I have a hard time remembering our last battles, and i'm sorry I didn't really go all out, but you did seem to have improved in a couple of aspects, I think :)

Alexis357

Smash Cadet
NNID
Alexis357
3DS FC
4210-4531-2184
[3DS]

Played for the 2nd time (I think) against North from England who used Duck Hunt/Lucas. Very good Duck Hunt, there are very rare and not so strong. You play the game very fast, your Lucas is very offensive. I guess I won some matches because of some of my gimps to you.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Whipped out my 3DS to play a few rounds.
Found a @Minimee . Played diddy 2 games in a row lost and was visibly salty, immediately ditto'd afterward, won, taunted and left.
Luckily fate made sure that the next room he joined was me again, so I beat him so more.

You were a good opponent. I can only hope that in real life you aren't so triggered by virtual kills in a game. I appreciate you giving me the only good games of the session.

Also for all Wii U players who use tags like "Training/Practice/NewChar" need to relax. Those are just auto johns. No one cares if you are practicing, or training, or if its your first day with the character. This is just to save your ego like "well i only lost because i was practicing stuff". Take the Ls.

Last edited:

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Whipped out my 3DS to play a few rounds.
Found a @Minimee . Played diddy 2 games in a row lost and was visibly salty, immediately ditto'd afterward, won, taunted and left.
Luckily fate made sure that the next room he joined was me again, so I beat him so more.

You were a good opponent. I can only hope that in real life you aren't so triggered by virtual kills in a game. I appreciate you giving me the only good games of the session.

Also for all Wii U players who use tags like "Training/Practice/NewChar" need to relax. Those are just auto johns. No one cares if you are practicing, or training, or if its your first day with the character. This is just to save your ego like "well i only lost because i was practicing stuff". Take the Ls.
I'm pretty sure I played minimee yesterday or something as well.

Well in any case I just use a different nametag than the one shown here to cover up pretty frequent sandbagging.

_Brawler

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheGoldenRiolu
My name is NovA online, and I play mainly Lucas.

EDIT: Mii is Seth, and I play multiple characters.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Theone, on 3ds?
Fight On, brother. And please, if you ever see this, message me. Those were great games, and they actually helped me develop more on grabbing. For about an hour of cloud dittos, it was totally worth it.

onehundredhitz

Smash Apprentice
Is there a 3DS Zelda here named Larry? If so, your Zelda was on point. Always rare to find a Zelda player on FG, and even more rare to find a good one.

GGs. Hope to play you again some day.

jordeeboy123

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0791-5161-4097
Played a guy called Renzokuken on 3ds, got my ass kicked but it was a great experience...
Also, first time replying on this forum :)

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
A pair of 3DS German players as Falco and Marth really bumped up my confidence. Friendly, adaptive and very close games! Now I feel like I can do even better with Wario, Robin and Pit so thank you!

Illusions

Smash Cadet
NNID
minnievanilly
3DS FC
0345-0482-7374
I played against someone named Fero. We had several tight matches; I used ZSS and you used various different characters. I enjoyed playing against you a lot!

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
Played against someone named oliver? he played Lucas, Marth, and Ness. We played some fun games, looking to add you if you're on SB.

TowerLight

Smash Cadet
Fought a guy by the name of Samuel on 3DS, he cycled between Marth,ROB and Ganondorf. I was Bayo/Yoshi/Villager and we had some fun matches.

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
I was on FG teams a while ago, and had a few games with some great players. There was Drew, a Shulk main, a Cloud main called HeroOfTime, and Chris, who swapped between C.Falcon, Marth, Roy, and Cloud. If any of you are on here, thank you for the wild matches! You were all mad fun to play with/against.

Last edited:

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
I was on FG teams a while ago, and had a few games with some great players. There was Drew, a Shulk main, a Cloud main called HeroOfTime, and Chris, who swapped between C.Falcon, Marth, Roy, and Cloud. If any of you are on here, thank you for the wild matches! You were all mad fun to play with/against.
Ok for real i need to change my online name now. How do i change my name that shows up in FG matches? I've met that Drew before i think.

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
Ok for real i need to change my online name now. How do i change my name that shows up in FG matches? I've met that Drew before i think.
In the Wii U's main menu, tap on your Mii, then go to "Change Mii" and change the Mii's name. That should fix your problem. Also, If the Drew you fought played Shulk with the pink alt, then that was the guy I played.

Last edited:

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
Ah, to change your name on 3DS, just go into Mii Maker and edit your personal Mii's name.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
3ds, Guy named Baron. That last match was laggy AF near the end. We had some good matches TBH. I forgot most of them already tho.

Gamehowitzer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamehowitzer
3DS FC
5327-1431-1627
3ds Holy crap i just met someone online named ZaWarudo. Lord Dio Lord Dio I don't suppose that was you was it? I had a communication error before we could start the match.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
3ds Holy crap i just met someone online named ZaWarudo. Lord Dio Lord Dio I don't suppose that was you was it? I had a communication error before we could start the match.
Nope, sadly it was not. I haven't been on FG in a while, and am under the tag GiraDio.
But iirc, I have met someone who I think went under that name, using first Golden Falcon, and then we did around 15 DIO Bowser dittos.

Shikomizue

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2595-0611-6964
I ran across someone with the 3DS tag "Royce". We had a dozen or so intense Marth vs Lucina matches, ending with a Marth vs Corrin that ended hilariously by way of excellent edgeguarding.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
[Wii U]
I met a guy named welewis, who went by the tag "XxSOUNDSxX", earlier. We had some awesome Link dittos for like an hour and then he used Diddy Kong, Mewtwo and Rosalina for the next five rounds while I went Ganondorf and Roy. Those were some good games out there, man. I would love to play with you again someday. :)

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
Senna on 3DS. I think you have the makings of a great Smash player. You faced my Robin, Wario and Cloud. Your Diddy Kong in particular would be good with a bit of work - although you played many characters, I suggest maining Diddy.

A few pointers to help you along:

- You roll a lot to move. On FG this is harder to punish, but offline you'll be picked off for it once your opponent knows where and when you roll. Use running shields and only roll in emergencies.

- You never teched on landing, making you easier pickings for follow up attacks and stage spikes.

- At first you would play a balance of defense and offense, but when I took a stock off you, you became hyper aggressive. Calm down and avoid doing the same attack pattern twice.

Top Bottom