• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who needs a cut characters thread, Who do YOU think will almost certainly be in the game?

Which of these characters do you think is a guarantee? Obviously you can select more then one option

• Ness

Votes: 151 89.3%
  • Capt. Falcon

Votes: 159 94.1%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 116 68.6%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 141 83.4%
  • Falco

Votes: 106 62.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 127 75.1%
  • Mr Game & Watch

Votes: 145 85.8%
  • Wario

Votes: 155 91.7%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 97 57.4%
  • Meta Knight

Votes: 148 87.6%
  • Wolf

Votes: 69 40.8%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Ivysaur

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Snake

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 59 34.9%
  • Dr Mario (not as a costume)

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Roy

• Young Link

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • lmao Pichu

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
Right, separate movesets. But again, why not have them independently selectable on the screen? You had to enter a special code to play as ZSS. You had to go out of your way to specify which of the Pokemon or which side of Zelda/Sheik you wanted to start as. Why not just save trouble and headaches and include them on the screen itself?
Because he wanted them to transform into each other for whatever reason. I don't know his reasoning.

As for the Pokemon trainer, it was the best way IMO to go about representing the team aspects of Pokemon.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai counted them as separate characters, therefor they were separate characters regardless what you think.
Then they should have had separate slots. Just like they do now. Why not call it Samus/Zero Suit Samus? Why not Zelda/Sheik? Why call it Pokemon Trainer when he does NOTHING? It should have been called Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur, but that's not really aesthetically pleasing, so he went with PT not just as the concept but on the selection screen as well. This also made it so that Pokemon weren't overwhelming the roster, and more importantly, PRESERVED THE PATTERN.

Morbi

Scavenger
Then they should have had separate slots. Just like they do now. Why not call it Samus/Zero Suit Samus? Why not Zelda/Sheik? Why call it Pokemon Trainer when he does NOTHING? It should have been called Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur, but that's not really aesthetically pleasing, so he went with PT not just as the concept but on the selection screen as well. This also made it so that Pokemon weren't overwhelming the roster, and more importantly, PRESERVED THE PATTERN.
I am sure that Sakurai adheres to your arbitrary pattern. That is not relevant though, they are separate characters for all intents and purposes. Guess what, they would be even if Sakurai considered them one character. Why? Because they are objectively separate characters.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What if Ivysaur and Squirtle aren't cut... they're just replaced by Blastoise and Venusaur. lol

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I am sure that Sakurai adheres to your arbitrary pattern. That is not relevant though, they are separate characters for all intents and purposes. Guess what, they would be even if Sakurai considered them one character. Why? Because they are objectively separate characters.
If Sakurai does adhere to this pattern, this means the following:

- O12 is likely a pattern as well.
- Pokemon will receive one more representative.
- Said representative will be a veteran.
- Said veteran will be Jigglypuff.
- Mewtwo will not be returning unless the Mario series gets an additional representative.

Since I believe in the 40-character limit, I believe we are at saturation for Mario and Zelda. Which means Jigglypuff is the final Pokemon to be revealed.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
As long as ROB gets cut I will be happy. I don't really want anyone else cut besides the squirtle ivysaur and snake trio.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

- Mewtwo will not be returning unless the Mario series gets an additional representative.

Since I believe in the 40-character limit, I believe we are at saturation for Mario and Zelda. Which means Jigglypuff is the final Pokemon to be revealed.
So then we're getting no more newcomers? lol good one.

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
One. Chrom.
There will be at the minimum 3 new characters to unlock, and probably more because that was how many we had in brawl and they will try to improve, not regress. Also only 40 characters is ridiculous. The last game had 39 so it can't be last game + 1

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
As long as ROB gets cut I will be happy. I don't really want anyone else cut besides the squirtle ivysaur and snake trio.
You are a horrible person.

Also https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/p...9240841493711/656113194473137/?type=1&theater

Take that R.O.B. haters who post their hate on a topic about who people think will return, not who they want cut.

This cleverly design topic is suppose to avoid any flaming as you can say who you think is guaranteed without mentioning characters who think will definitely be gone.

And yes, the whole purpose of this post is to bring this topic back up.

@ EbonyRubberWolf EbonyRubberWolf :troll:

robjay13

Smash Rookie
Personally, if a character has been in every game, its a guarantee. That means that on my opinion, Jigglypuff, Ness and Captain Falcon all have high chances. Now I personally think that at least one other brawl only character will be in, Hopefully Meta Knight. As for newcomers, I would like a new WarioWare character, preferably Ashley. That is if Wario even gets confirmed. Meowth would I guess be a good Character and he was considered for Melee and Brawl, but I won't get my hopes up. As for Snake, I would like him in but its Unlikely. Also, I remember a while a go Sakarai posted that Ice Climbers weren't added yet because of the two character control on the 3DS, but Now that Rosalina and Luma were added, what's stopping him on development? Going back to returning characters, Ganondorf I would think will return as All the previous Zelda characters were confirmed (aside from young link). Dr. Mario as a character I do not think will be added, but he has a possibility as a suit. If Wario does return, I hope he brings his Classic suit. Waluigi as a character would not be a good choice for me but others may think so. I feel he'd be a copy of someone. I do not personally want a Sonic character but I won't Judge. As for Game and Watch, Snake and Lucas I feel that Game and Watch only has a chance. I would love Meta Knight back but I hope his move set would be changed. R.O.B. is a Possibility, but I would think not because he hasn't been in a game for a while. Now If you think differently I am sorry these are my personal opinions. Over all: Guaranteed: G&W, C. Falcon, Ice Climbers, Falco, Wario, Meta Knight, Ganondorf, Ness, Jigglypuff. Possibility: Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B. Mewtwo, Roy. Out: Ivysaur, Squirtle, Snake, Pichu, Young Link, Doctor Mario

Last edited:

robjay13

Smash Rookie

I agree with this, and if Mario gets a represenative then that means that instead of Pokemon, Another series may get such as WarioWare if Wario returns or Zelda may have Ganondorf come back.

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
As for newcomers, I would like a new WarioWare character, preferably Ashley. That is if Wario even gets confirmed. Waluigi as a character would not be a good choice for me but others may think so. I feel he'd be a copy of someone.
Ashley and Waluigi are assist trophies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom