• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your "anti-character?"

Jon?

Smash Champion
Believe it or not, but I hate playing against Snakes more than I do against MetaKnight. Every time I get hit by one of his tilts, I cry a little bit on the inside.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Believe it or not, but I hate playing against Snakes more than I do against MetaKnight. Every time I get hit by one of his tilts, I cry a little bit on the inside.
I'll agree with this. Meta Knight's moves, while ridiculous, at least are pretty straight-forward. But Snake's got stupid invisible range, and 'nade spam is so annoying.

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
the ones that i fight the most and hate fighting
mks and snakes are automatic
luigi (good ariel attacks and that stupid up b)
marth (air attacks, side b, and fsmash)
ness (PK FIA PK FIA PK FIA and then bthrow)
link (i blame wifi)

P.S. my mains are bowser and d3.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Marth needs to go die in a hole.

Other than that, the bane of my existence is mirror matches. Luckily I have plenty of characters to choose from, though.

Zesty_Chicken

Smash Cadet
Luigi. He's got better aerial movement than Falco, and he slides to much.
Olimar. He spams better than I can, and those little pikmin are just terrible.
D3. Depends on whose playing, but good D3's can 3-stock me.

Most of my bad matchups are null when I'm on a CP stage against that character or on Jungle Japes. Battlefield usually can even the match if the player doesn't primarily use BF.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
[deleted.]

Last edited:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Honestly, I hate Game and Watch.
He gives me reason enough to quit this game.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
For me:
Olimar: It really does feel like fighting against an army just to get to the main guy, and it's so annoying x.x

Pikachu: I have to either deal with his Dsmash separating my climbers, or getting extreme chain grabbed x.x

Wario: Campy warios are so annoying to fight, it makes me want to go die in a hole.

ZSS: I have nearly no experience against her, and her odd range always confuses me.

Link: I've foughten some good links before, and trust me, it's hard to get in hits through all of those bombs, arrows, and boomerangs x.x Toon Link I dont' mind, but Link... bleck, he can kill fast too.

I could also show the list for the person I play against the most:
Peach: He hates her great air game and gimping abilities, though he doesn't mind turnip spam.

Ice Climbers: I use Ice Climbers a lot, therefore he gets chain grabbed more than about 95% of the Brawlers out there, trust me, he hates them.

Marth: He's a Ness main, need I say more?

Honeythief

Smash Cadet
As for me:

Snake: I just hate the nades, and his ****** tilts.

Ice Climbers: Well hello CGs and spammy camping.

Marth: Should be killed with fire now. Great range, powerful, fast, good recovery. -_-

MK is alright to me, though I probably haven't played real good ones, but I haven't had as many problems with him as those top 3...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Honestly, I hate Game and Watch.
He gives me reason enough to quit this game.
^This.
Also, I hate fighting dittos, since losing to someone who just knows it better especially when you have a bit of a rep., scrubs annoy me with the idea that "it determines who's better at the character", especially with lucario/marth dittos.
I also abhore D3, that spotdodge is ********, CG is needlessly annoying, ftilt and bair are difficult, and knowing that you can't attempt to outcamp D3 because of a stray gordo coming out is not helpful.

Oathblivion

Smash Apprentice
Snake, more specifically Snake's U-Tilt, is the bane of my existence. Lucario likey the high percents, and Snake well... Yeah. Too offensively minded in that matchup for my own good.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
I hate mario and his cape game!!!

also I hate the upB og MK, I'm a snake main

Nael

Smash Rookie
I'm an Ike, Samus and Bowser User.
I hate my brother's characters if he plays them, I don't mind if It was someone else since they spam less (Pikachu + Falco).
but the one's I hate in general are (as in my sig) Kirby, Olimar and Sonic
Kirby - they tend to use the same moves, grab>downthrow>uair and others similar to it
Olimar - pikmin have too mcuh knockback, he has super tiny plant-like specks you can only see with a magnifying glass, whilst I have a 2-handed sword/futuristic arm cannon/giant claws+giant spikey shell
Sonic - everytime i'm jsut about to connect a hit, neutral b and it practically dodges it, and breaks throguh the shield (i'm like wtf!) and his vertical recovery is just ridiculous,
Olimar is my bane

Afropony

Smash Lord
Gahhh I hate playing against falco! So annoying.
Squirtle is my second most hated to play against, especially if you're playing someone who is good with him.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
^This.
Also, I hate fighting dittos, since losing to someone who just knows it better especially when you have a bit of a rep., scrubs annoy me with the idea that "it determines who's better at the character", especially with lucario/marth dittos.
I also abhore D3, that spotdodge is ********, CG is needlessly annoying, ftilt and bair are difficult, and knowing that you can't attempt to outcamp D3 because of a stray gordo coming out is not helpful.
Mirror matches suck. And it doesn't determine who is better with the character, it determines who knows the mirror matchup better and whose gameplay style can better deal with the character in question. I'm absolutely terrible at mirror matches. Tbh, I look back at the last tournament when I lost to OMB and think I should have switched characters to Yoshi or Kirby.

Salvo Fenris

Smash Apprentice
Falco and his lasers pose a problem for me. Approaching can be a pain, and I can't force one.

I can't for the life of me remember the range on all of Olimar's moves... although I never really play Olimars very often, so that might contribute.

Pit isn't an anti-character so much as he just annoys the crap out of me.

Jigglypoof

Smash Cadet
I hate Ike. I hate him. I hate him. I HATE HIM. I don't really mind anyone else though. Just Ike. No matter who I play I have trouble against Ike.

Drig786

Smash Journeyman
NNID
i-DRIG-i
I hate facing Zelda, Olimar, Falco

Zelda - i really dont like her D-tilt and dins Fire

Olimar - hes probably the most tiniest character i have ever seen and hes sometimes hard to land a hit, and his grab is annoying

Falco - i just hate him

i really wanna use offensive words right now >.>

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I main Ganondorf and here is the 4 characters that I hate to fight against:

1. Pit - Great recover capacity.

2. Wolf - He has a great advantage in the Ground and the Reflector.

3. Meta Knight - No Comments...

4. Toon Link - Very small, Faster and many Projectiles.

5. R.O.B - He is totally dumb...

Top Bottom