• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is your "anti-character?"

LucarioPitFalco

Smash Rookie
By that, I mean the character you hate to face/do poorly against? If there is already a thread about it please link me to it.

I usually use: Lucario, Wolf, Fox, Falco, Pit (everyone hates when I use him), Pokemon Trainer and occasionally: Ike, Peach, Pikachu, Captain Falcon. (The fun of the game is using all kinds of diff characters, IMO.

I hate going up against: Ike (i die fast), Zero Suit Samus (I can beat reg. Samus pretty consistently though), and Lucas. A friend of mine only uses Lucas and beats me like 80% of the time with him.

Hiiiiiii

Smash Cadet
Falco, Pikachu, Ike, Characters that outrange all of my attacks when i play a small character, Olimar, Diddy, and other spammy characters.

UncleSam

Smash Master
By that, I mean the character you hate to face/do poorly against? If there is already a thread about it please link me to it.

I usually use: Lucario, Wolf, Fox, Falco, Pit (everyone hates when I use him), Pokemon Trainer and occasionally: Ike, Peach, Pikachu, Captain Falcon. (The fun of the game is using all kinds of diff characters, IMO.

I hate going up against: Ike (i die fast), Zero Suit Samus (I can beat reg. Samus pretty consistently though), and Lucas. A friend of mine only uses Lucas and beats me like 80% of the time with him.
You should put up a spam shield, because people are going to be coming in saying "blah I h8 MK, I can't beat him! tornadoz!!!!!!!!"
anyway who do I do bad against, oh right characters who can outcamp me, wait there is only one, Falco

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I'm an Ike, Samus and Bowser User.
I hate my brother's characters if he plays them, I don't mind if It was someone else since they spam less (Pikachu + Falco).
but the one's I hate in general are (as in my sig) Kirby, Olimar and Sonic
Kirby - they tend to use the same moves, grab>downthrow>uair and others similar to it
Olimar - pikmin have too mcuh knockback, he has super tiny plant-like specks you can only see with a magnifying glass, whilst I have a 2-handed sword/futuristic arm cannon/giant claws+giant spikey shell
Sonic - everytime i'm jsut about to connect a hit, neutral b and it practically dodges it, and breaks throguh the shield (i'm like wtf!) and his vertical recovery is just ridiculous,

Nicole

Smash Champion
I hate fighting Lucario because of his gay deceptive range, plus, the closer he is to death, the closer -I- am to death...dumb!

I hate MK for expected and obvious reasons.

I also mysteriously don't do very well against DDD and Ike. I don't mind fighting them. I just play ******** when I'm against them, and I don't really know why!

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well, I hate The following with all of my being:

Pit - "His attacks are as annoying as heck (or as annoying as MK)"

MK - "ever heard of broken"

Falco - "stop shooting those lasers and fight for once. No, not chaingrab!"

Kirby - "stop taunting me!"

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Pikachu and occasionally Kirby **** me to the next dimention.
Snake, Nanner spamming Diddies, and Laser spamming Wolves also get on my nerves.

Recoil

Smash Journeyman
Olimar, after you get past the pikmins, you face his grabs and pivot grabs, and usmash/fsmash. Then you can get a chance to even gimp Oli off the stage... I have so much trouble playing Olimars :|

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Olimar, after you get past the pikmins, you face his grabs and pivot grabs, and usmash/fsmash. Then you can get a chance to even gimp Oli off the stage... I have so much trouble playing Olimars :|
What people don't fecking understand is that he may be easy to gimp but you have to go through go though a fecking fortess as illustrated above to do so. By the time you get past it you have 150%

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Thunder spamming pikachus and snakes are usually an annoyance for me. Ike too, particularly because he outreaches lucarios FSmash and Marth, plus his USmash screws any attempt to side dodge.

UncleSam

Smash Master

I'm changing my anti-character, it's less of an anti-character and more of an anti-rule... I play really ******** with items on. and it's not even the competitive item set it's all items, and then the people john when I use projectiles

mythmonster2

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon. Oh God.

Just kidding, Dark Link. Not Link. Dark Link. I can fight a Link, but if someone chooses the Dark Link Costume I'm dead. I am being serious.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight! Actually, Meta Knight could be many people's anti-character so I'll guess I'll choose someone else.

Other than Meta Knight I do really poor against Zelda and Snake. Zelda's up and standard smash are troubling, and Snake's tilts and bombs are hard to maneuver around.

ZodiacDragon1014

Smash Rookie
My two primary characters are Samus and Bowser.

The characters I absolutely hate fighting against are Meta Knight. I think everyone knows why. I also hate fighting Wolf and Pit, though I haven't had to put up with them lately. Just about anyone else I haven't fought enough human players to piss me off, or I can beat them.

Pikachu can be, though he really is just annoying because a friend of mine loves to spam Thunder when he can.

lusiris

Smash Apprentice
Pit- He just annoys me to no end and even after winning it feels like a empty loss because he drained all the fun out of the match.

spartandrew21

Smash Cadet
I hate fighting pikachu and link. The endless thunder spamming gets annoying, and one of my friends always beats me playing as link.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Diddy... I can't deal with his bananas, something's wrong with me >_<

Tachyon

Smash Cadet
Cedar Hill, Texas and Hawkins, Texas (college)
I play Diddy as my main. And I've started picking up Marth, Falco, And Mario

With that being said..I HATE zelda and bowser....So freaking much. Bowser because SOMEHOW I fail to space properly against him. All my spacing skills just seem to dissapear and I'm getting pwnd by charged Fsmashes and dying at 50%...So gay.

Zelda because of her stupid din's fire ball thingy. I know it shouldn't be that much of a problem...Just run, short hop, air dodge, rinse and repeat. But when your opponent just SPAMS the crap out of it until you get close and then runs away and does the same thing...it makes me wish I was fighting a pit/snake/wolf/falco/samus/link instead.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
I play Diddy as my main. And I've started picking up Marth, Falco, And Mario

With that being said..I HATE zelda and bowser....So freaking much. Bowser because SOMEHOW I fail to space properly against him. All my spacing skills just seem to dissapear and I'm getting pwnd by charged Fsmashes and dying at 50%...So gay.

Zelda because of her stupid din's fire ball thingy. I know it shouldn't be that much of a problem...Just run, short hop, air dodge, rinse and repeat. But when your opponent just SPAMS the crap out of it until you get close and then runs away and does the same thing...it makes me wish I was fighting a pit/snake/wolf/falco/samus/link instead.
I have the same problem with zelda, but i realized that it's because I would use my over B to close the distance between us. WHich is not a good idea, she can hit you during the entirety of that move. Much better to just walk-shield or jump-airdodge. Also when hit off stage, try to not use your over b if you can make it back with just a jump.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
LOL i got 3:

Olimar: before mentioned reasons

Pikachu: Fast, small and has thunder.

Luigi: Quick aerials, UpB

Scott!

Smash Lord
I don't like Olimar because people already have said why.

But the one I hate the most is Wario. First off, he disgusts me, and is my least-used. I used him once so I could say I've used everyone, but that's it. And he's just so annoying to fight against. Being air-camped by him, with that ridiculous air speed, is just obnoxious.

Splice

Smash Hero
SNAKE!!!!!!!! but thats coz ima Game and Watch

But i hate Dedede, i just run right into all his stupid moves. and the range on Ftilt and Dair wreck me.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
MK, Snake, Luigi, ROB, Jiggs.
IC's are hard to play against also, but I have matchup experience so I learned not to get grabbed.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
I don't like Olimar because people already have said why.

But the one I hate the most is Wario. First off, he disgusts me, and is my least-used. I used him once so I could say I've used everyone, but that's it. And he's just so annoying to fight against. Being air-camped by him, with that ridiculous air speed, is just obnoxious.
Play Snake. Camp. When Wario comes into ariel, Up-tilt. It's that simple. lol

My friend started playing Wario and got really annoying with his dair. But with Snake's range on his up-tilt...no problem.

Olimar on the other hand is indeed annoying and I have no suggestions for him. Although, I wasn't entirely being serious with how to play against Wario considering you may not play Snake.

Top Bottom