• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the worst character in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
We keep hearing about who is good and who is best, in everyone's opinion which character is the worst or hardest to win with?

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Gannondorf is terrible. Maybe he'll get better with time, but at the moment with the people i play with, he's pretty bottom. There are the other usual suspects as well. Poor Yoshi will never be good.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
Gannondorf is terrible. Maybe he'll get better with time, but at the moment with the people i play with, he's pretty bottom. There are the other usual suspects as well. Poor Yoshi will never be good.
not true, gannondorf really is not too bad, his fair is still pretty brutal. And my roommate plays almost solely Yoshi (did through the 64 era and melee era, and now for brawl) and totally shreds with him, i don't understand it, he just hasa a real deep knowledge of the character i suppose.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Ganon would be mine so far although Lucario, Charizard, and Wario can be tough to play as at times. Some people say Wario is good, I have done very good with him but his recovery isn't great and sometimes it costs me.

ecafrusehtrednu

Smash Rookie
Charizard has great power along with knockback hits. He's the powerhouse of the Pokemon Trainer's team; out of the three, he should be the easiest to KO with.

Ganondorf can be quite difficult to play as, but it all depends on the skill and timing of the player, really.

Wario's recovery is pretty good, in my opinion. If there isn't a motorbike out there, I can summon one and jump off, simple as that.

Yoshi is okay, but the character I really have a problem with (and I repeat, I have a problem with,) is Metaknight. :\ He is extremely light, his attacks are very weak (you should know what I mean, not knockback-wise), and while he's at air he becomes very slow. I understand he's a good character in someone else's hand, but to me, I can't put two and two together with this guy.

EDIT: By the way, Doc Chronic, I love your sig. Haha, have you seen the basketball shirt with him on? One word for you, Wiid

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
I feel like people saying Yoshi is a bad character comes from the stigma put on him during the 64-Melee transition, and the fact that he is a rather unpopular character. He truly does not seem like a very bad character in Brawl.

Ganondorf is my main, and I think he's rather good, but I can see how other people may say he is bad, especially considering most people are still trying to play Melee Ganondorf(Fair and Dair spams) when that strategy will simply not work with the new Ganondorf.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Yoshi was a freakin' dinosaur of destruction in Melee wiht all of his ATs, too bad he lost most of them. (In other words, he can't double jump cancel)

As for worst... Hmmm... Ice Climbers, maybe? I haven't seen much good about ol' Popo and Nana...

xler

Smash Rookie
Yoshi was a freakin' dinosaur of destruction in Melee wiht all of his ATs, too bad he lost most of them. (In other words, he can't double jump cancel)

As for worst... Hmmm... Ice Climbers, maybe? I haven't seen much good about ol' Popo and Nana...
Watch this video til up to the 1 minute mark, or all of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RhAkjjtT_PU

ice climbers are really good

HeartNana

Smash Cadet

Ice climbers have the chain throw, easy desync, and still have great power. Their recovery is craptastic, but theyre super solid otherwise.

It's still hard to tell who the absolute worst character is at this point...imo

DAzn2341

Smash Rookie
it all depends on your play style. i honestly think there is no clear worst character, people say ganondorf or bowser are bad, but if you can adapt to slow characters they can be deadly. i myself think rob is one of the worst characters, and captain falcon kinda sucks compared to melee, but thats about it.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm gonna say Ganondorf but a lv. 9 opponent proved to be worthy (or maybe I just suck with Ike).

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
hmm, agree with most people that all character can stand a decent fight, but, there are some who don't excel on anything, like mario and link, wich are both very decent, but not too fast as the staranimals , neither too strong as the heavy guys, nor too tricky as zelda or Ike.

altought samus feels a bit punch-less for me...

Sinbad

Smash Rookie
I think either Mewtwo, Roy, or Dr. Mario.
haha! You forgot about pichu!
You know we are talking about Brawl right?

On topic: I don't think any one character is really bad. Some may have better moves than the other characters. But it really depends on the player and not the character. Someone that is experienced could use a "bad" character and still beat an inexperienced player using a "good" character. But some characters do have advantages over other characters. That is just my opinion and you guys can think of it how ever you want.

ecafrusehtrednu

Smash Rookie
He's probably asking for the bottom of the Tier list, which no one here really has a definite answer to.

Oh, and the Iceclimber video. That was ****ing awesome.

rockmace

Smash Apprentice
You know we are talking about Brawl right?
Of course!

I usually try to be as polite, but let me rephrase ous combined expresions:

Even characters wich have no reasons, as marth or sheik, were ported to Brawl. Why? because they were good. And still are somewhat.

but.. what about those "characters" who were left out? like roy, dr mario , pichu and mewtwo?

I believe that , for not being in melee 2.0, the lest selective game, they are by far the worst.

altought you point a very valid argument, we forgot about the /sarcasm/ tag. sorry about that!

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Er how about the Polygon Team? no one ever thinks about them and yes you can play as them if you hack, which will be made much easier when Action replay comes out for Wii.

volbound1700

Smash Master
LOL Game & Watch is very good.

I wouldn't put Ice Climbers at bottom either except when Nana dies and you cannot recover well.

I have noticed most are playable if you use them right. Ganondorf to me still seems worse.

What is everyone's take on Lucario?

metroid1117

Smash Master
I believe Ganondorf is and will be the worst character in Brawl once a metagame is developed.

Ganondorf, while he can kill, just suffers way too much lag from his aerials to do really anything. He's much slower than he was in Melee, and that hurts him a lot. His USmash, FTilt, jab, and DSmash are all considerably slower. They even nerfed his UTilt, which was already horrible.

sonicfox

Smash Rookie
i would prolly say that jigglypuff and olimar were the worst...i mean its kool that they are in brawl and all but theyre just one of those characters to fill the roster in my opinion. jigglypuff always goes to sleep and the special is just way to easy to avoid. also olimar...just cuz his special isnt that deadly and i dont like how u cant atk if u dont have thos epikmin things and it gets annoying pulling em up all the time and hes kidna weak. there really is no worst character it just depends how u play...i like fast ppl...my best characters are fox and sonic :p also ganadorf...hes just way to slow and his attacks take wayyy to long to work, and if u fly of the edge its hard to save urself..and have u ever noticed that ganadorfs move are similar to capt falcon...except falcon is much faster...they both do that punch thing...the upwards move is simlar, the forward kick thing :p im being simple but yeah...brawl could do without gan

sonicfox

Smash Rookie
my take on lucario is hes alright...hes like the same as mewto but he was a good addition...and to sonic haters...i think hes a character u either hate or love, hes really fast and his specials hard to control for most ppl so..again its just what ur style is

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Marth. Honestly, that cape with those boots? like ick!
I thought that was bad***. )=

Old thread huh? The tier list can answer most of this question.... well anything from first to second worst in the game that is.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i would prolly say that jigglypuff and olimar were the worst...i mean its kool that they are in brawl and all but theyre just one of those characters to fill the roster in my opinion. jigglypuff always goes to sleep and the special is just way to easy to avoid. also olimar...just cuz his special isnt that deadly and i dont like how u cant atk if u dont have thos epikmin things and it gets annoying pulling em up all the time and hes kidna weak. there really is no worst character it just depends how u play...i like fast ppl...my best characters are fox and sonic :p also ganadorf...hes just way to slow and his attacks take wayyy to long to work, and if u fly of the edge its hard to save urself..and have u ever noticed that ganadorfs move are similar to capt falcon...except falcon is much faster...they both do that punch thing...the upwards move is simlar, the forward kick thing :p im being simple but yeah...brawl could do without gan
lol at Oli being bad. He's ranked 10th best.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Please don't bump 2 year old topics.

Also, worst character? Check the bottom of the tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom