• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the counter to peach?

Dekar

Smash Apprentice
one of my best friends plays Peach quite a bit.

Young Link always gets the job done for me.

I play Falco as well, and while id say he has a slight advantage, dosent stop that stupid D-Smash.

Y.linku ftw

Jake13

Smash Lord
Even if a ganon would catch every turnip and if both players are on the same skill level the peach would win.

FC arieals and "some" chaingrabs rulez him.

Ganon's fair outranges Peach's and she cannot chain grab him (I honestly have not tested the chain grab because I never attempted it on a ganon because of the floatiness, but even IF she could, it wouldn't be very long at all.)

Chip.

you know what to do
Link and young Link shouldn't even be a challenge for Peach
You kidding me? Link and Young Link's spaming advantage DOMINATES her. She's too slow to even get near them, and her turnips are a pathetic sight in comparison to their godly projectiles. If she does get close, then she might be lucky and get a d-smash on them. Bad thing about that is, even though their facing backwards from the stage, they can launch their boomerangs behind them, to face the stage, and use the hookshot which means they have a large recovery against her.

Young Link and Link are solid counter-picks for Peach. Period.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lol jake dash attack > fair

and link/ylink do not dominate her, they don't even have an advantage. they're just *****y matchups.

Peachtress

Smash Ace
Z catch them, very simple. The better Ganon's that I play against seem to have no problem catching most of the turnips thrown. And with ganons extremely long reach, ability to easily catch turnips (depending on players), and ridiculously strong attacks, he has a slight advantage.
Ohhh, Peach by far one of my most favorite matches to do. Not because its in my advantage or anything but just because both players have to play extremely smart or get wrecked. Ive lost to peachs and ive won to a good amount to, id say its pretty even.
I play a Gannon (Riot) who constantly grabs my turnips and it's a very edgy matchup when this is exploited. Not only are your camping abilities depleted, but they are used against you. What it comes down to is spacing.

A very imtimidating matchup, you have to play it smart, very smart.

Ganon's fair outranges Peach's and she cannot chain grab him (I honestly have not tested the chain grab because I never attempted it on a ganon because of the floatiness, but even IF she could, it wouldn't be very long at all.)
You can chaingrab with D-throw if they fail to DI behind you [from your initial standpoint, that is].

Jake13

Smash Lord
The dthrow chain will only work on those that are semi-********.

Though it actually does work well and high percentages when you are facing with your back towards the edge and want to turn them around for the fthrow, mindgames ftw

Fonz

Smash Ace
Even then, if the person you're playing is experienced vs peach the dthrow won't work. The throw is very slow. There is plenty of time to react and change your DI.

Renesor

Smash Ace
ill agree with chip, a link/ylink will most likely have the upper hand due to his arsenal of weapons and his range

to whomever neg repped me, that was not cool...especially since your reasoning made no sense, i guess you dont like people named renesor....meanie

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Sheik, Fox, Marth and the Links are Peach's hardest matchups respectively.

Smart Sheiks will not have many opening for Peach to capitalize on and will have good spacing with tilts, camping with needles to build up damage, grabs if you make one mistake, Needle cancel -> grab combos and Fair Shield Stun traps on Peach. Peach CAN NOT afford to shield often in this matchup or Sheik will continue to make constant pokes at her. It's still a winnable matchup (4-5 IMO); however, it's important to take an aggressive stance and forcing Sheik to stay on the defensive. Try using FC aerials to get behind her and quickly turn around then grab. Of course, use turnips to slow her down.

Azen does well in the Peach vs Sheik matchups though. He has a stylish movement which allow him to continously stay on the aggressive. I think Azen perform several WDs out of DJ Lands to assist with his attack accuracy. Any ideas on what he's doing? I remember seeing a matchup vs him and Doll at Chudat's biweekly. I'm not sure if it's still up though. If Peach players were able to master Azen Peach movement, I think that Peach would be much closer to top tier because they would be continuously on the offense and would put more pressure on opponent much like Fox's primary strategy.

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, it seems every character has trouble with Link, though (not so much Y Link).

Oddly, I seem to be good against Fox and Marth.

Ba1100n_Drag0n

Smash Apprentice
Virtually, everyone has trouble.

Strong attacks, fast speed, good projectiles, good recovery (IMO). Of course, that's IMO, so, IYO is probably better.

Top Bottom