• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the counter to peach?

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
As a Peach user I can tell you...

That character would be Sheik, combining his power and MOST IMPORTANTLY speed to defeat her. Only very skilled Sheik users are the true counter to Peach. However, I have faced these Sheik users and they leave Peach with almost no chances to come back. (Not using the A button dash attack back and forth over and over and over. That is CHEAP.)

The way they do it is using needles from long range, and from short range they run around like crazy and attack. Peach is not nearly as fast as Sheik, so Sheik always has the upper-hand, and the ability to easily juggle Peach. I can't tell you exactly the best moves to juggle Peach in the air because I'm not a Sheik user. I can, however, tell you that Sheik's dash attack, *correctly used* chain, those pesky mid-air juggling moves, and upward smash are the one's that have given me the most trouble.

((But I still won't lose if you pull out a Sheik on me :p))

swordgard

Smash Hero
As a Peach user I can tell you...

That character would be Sheik, combining his power and MOST IMPORTANTLY speed to defeat her. Only very skilled Sheik users are the true counter to Peach. However, I have faced these Sheik users and they leave Peach with almost no chances to come back. (Not using the A button dash attack back and forth over and over and over. That is CHEAP.)

The way they do it is using needles from long range, and from short range they run around like crazy and attack. Peach is not nearly as fast as Sheik, so Sheik always has the upper-hand, and the ability to easily juggle Peach. I can't tell you exactly the best moves to juggle Peach in the air because I'm not a Sheik user. I can, however, tell you that Sheik's dash attack, *correctly used* chain, those pesky mid-air juggling moves, and upward smash are the one's that have given me the most trouble.

((But I still won't lose if you pull out a Sheik on me :p))
Wow.....
Learn to shield grab?
Dash a is so predictable.

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
Wow.....
Learn to shield grab?
Dash a is so predictable.
Um... a true shiek player wont dash so that the attack lands right in front of you if you sheild it. They start the attack when they're right next to you so the attack goes through to the back of you....

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
My most hated matchup is against Marth. I think Sheik is somewhat even. At first I thought Sheik ***** Sheik but at 0C2 I learned otherwise when I was able to beat DSF's Sheik but then he changed to Marth and destroyed me.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Um... a true shiek player wont dash so that the attack lands right in front of you if you sheild it. They start the attack when they're right next to you so the attack goes through to the back of you....
actually a good Peach will just backwards grab u.... by backwards grab i mean, the person is directly behind Peach and Peach grabs the Sheik(or any other char) and brings them in front of Peach... like a normal grab

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Sheik is probably the biggest Peach counter. Played intelligently, a Sheik player will leave little openings for a Peach to capitalize on.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'd say that Marth is the main counter to peach because he can grab peach alot and juggle her well.

Cort

Apple Head
I really think Peach has a tiny advantage when it comes to Peach vs Sheik, actually. It's also stage dependant a little, but maybe that's just my preference also as I just hate playing Sheiks on Final Destination but love larger stages with platforms.

As for counters, I think Ganon definitly counters Peach. Even if you try and float back/camp a little Ganon can usually sneak in with a quick fair/uair if you're not ridiculously careful on your spacing in general. And he can edge gaurd her very well, IMO, and kills her horizontally at much lower %s than other characters.

Marth counters Peach easily. He can just camp anywhere on the stage and outprioritize and outrange her. Marth vs Peach forces Peach to be ridiculously reliant on turnip approaches/random dash attacks to even get a hit in, from my experience.

Also, I think Fox completely destroys Peach worse than Marth/Ganon >_> If the Fox can effectively combo into usmash (with like, weak nair to usmash, tap a to usmash, waveshine usmash over and over, Peach is toast) Paired with some laser camping, Peach heavily just relies on the Fox messing up, which bad Foxes do all the time. But I'm not talking about those Foxes... I'm talking about like, KDJ and PC. I've never played m2k's Fox though.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
in here to voice my opinion.

Jiggly goes even with peach along with Ganon ... he gets gimped by turnip edge guarding more than anybody.

Falcon and Sheik has a slight advantage due to their grab combos and somewhat ease of grabbing peach.

Young link, Marth and Falco has advantage on peach.

Fox IS THE ONE that made Princess Peach into a Queen.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Young Link's projectiles are abuisive against Peach; his recovery is resilient to pretty much everything except an F-air to the face, and his down-air and up-air can kill on smaller stages at standard percents, which is pretty much everyone's complaint about Peach (once they get past the downsmash... and dash attack and neutral air).

the iron peach

Smash Apprentice
I...Hate...Link... lol. That has to be my worst matchup, and why I'm practicing other characters so much lately. Others I hate to face are young link and marth. Samus gives me some trouble too, but that's probably because of my own inexperience.

Mythos

Smash Cadet
Before someone says again Ganon > Peach .. forget it O_o
Turnips > Ganon

Maybe a skilled fox player is a good counter... like LessThenThree said
waveshine combos rulez peach

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Yea, I hate how Peach's traction makes her sliding distance from shine coincide with Fox's wd. -_______-

Hate both Links and Marth. Sheik's not as bad. Take her to Mute City where there aren't ledges for her to play around with. Ganon's not too bad for me, but can turn around a game fairly quickly if the Peach isn't careful.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Fox only has a slight advantage on Peach. Depending on the stage. Bigger stages give Fox a bigger advantage, but nothing unbeatable except a few counter stages prime for hit-and-run.

thebasman

Smash Apprentice
I would say that Marth is the biggest problem for Peach because Peach is just not fast enough to get inside the range. They are my first two characters, and I play a lot of people who use both. Whenever I bring my Peach against a Marth I just can't get near him with anything except the dash, and even that is spotty if the Marth has a decent short hopped FAir. Plus, Marth has a tendency to recover from right up against the stage, which makes it harder to angle a turnip down there or to float out and get him.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Naturally one might think that Marth would demolish Peach due to outprioritizing and longer range, but from watching videos of Ken getting owned by Peach, it makes you wonder. Every single one of Marth's attacks can knock turnips away, so there goes most of Peach's game against someone of his caliber. Marth relies on close-range combat due to lack of projectile, so I suppose that's where Peach can shine. Do a lot of shield grabbing to get in a few hit combos when he's coming down with an aerial, and always crouch cancel when you're not shielding or attacking so that you can counter his ground attacks with a down smash. Turnips are your main chance of keeping him off the edge. Also, pulling turnips after you f-throw him is always a plus, since he'll probably use an attack to try to get the turnip off him, opening him up to a combo.

The only way to really beat Marth in close range combat like this is try to get him off the edge early with a throw, severely limiting his game.

dragoonv86

Smash Apprentice
it's doc for sure. i should know since i play as them and from experience against players. sheik is a good counter for her speed and quick time attacks. marth's side attacks can be trouble for peach all i have to say about that is don't float cancel and just use those dam turnips like those are you best friend.

Bailey

Smash Hero
In my opinion Peach has no counters but some characters do slighty better against Peach then the others. I think the Characters that do best are Marth, Fox, and SOME Samus'

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
^^yup, no counters imo

But I agree with Kirbstir on that one, I'd say Sheik is her worse matchup, here's why:

- ability to use hit-and-run tactics
- she can outcamp Peach with the help of her needles (sumthin Ganon or Marth can't do)
- KO ability (Samus lacks that)
- range advantage with tilts and bair (something the space animals lack)

Renesor

Smash Ace
i kinda agree with bigrick, i dont think peach has any real counters, but marth, sheik, and fox seem to match up against her pretty well. Also, perhaps a very very good ganon as well.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
YL is a tough match sometimes but I can usually do pretty good against Pine's YL and he beat Sklers Link.

I think Marths are freaking rough cause of their range. I can never get inside his range to do much damage without turnips.

saetia-dtg

Smash Rookie
All of you who are referencing turnips> Gannon are completely correct. Enixmoogle once told me about a matchup he had with Sastopher in the last sc3. Apparently Sastopher would just throw him, toss turnips at him and lather, rinse, repeat. Chuckie couldn't get Ganon close enough to get a move in, nor could he think of what to do. With those players, each having a claim to being the best players of their specific character, it seems fairly obvious that if there were a situation which could have been capitalized upon, Enixmoogle would have done so.

For someone who isn't pro, Im going to guess that Marth is the most annoying matchup. Marth is too good. However, in a pro matchup, I dont think that is the case. Ken's "Peach Theory," was, I'm guessing, made upon the fact that he hates peach. I have heard that pro YLink is a great counterpick to Peach and that in the OC2 Chu owned Satopher with his young link. I've also seen a vid of KrazyJones vs. Caveman. Caveman won the match even after being hit with a stitchface 3 times IN A ROW in his FINAL STOCK.

D

Deleted member

Ganon > Peach on small levels, IE: Yoshi's Story, Rainbow Cruise

No question at all

Jake13

Smash Lord
All of you who are referencing turnips> Gannon are completely correct.
Z catch them, very simple. The better Ganon's that I play against seem to have no problem catching most of the turnips thrown. And with ganons extremely long reach, ability to easily catch turnips (depending on players), and ridiculously strong attacks, he has a slight advantage.

Mythos

Smash Cadet
Even if a ganon would catch every turnip and if both players are on the same skill level the peach would win.

FC arieals and "some" chaingrabs rulez him.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Ohhh, Peach by far one of my most favorite matches to do. Not because its in my advantage or anything but just because both players have to play extremely smart or get wrecked. Ive lost to peachs and ive won to a good amount to, id say its pretty even.

Fletch

Smash Master
In response to topic...

Pretty much everyone above Peach on the tier list does very well against her for the most part (Falco might be about even). Fox can waveshine her very easily, good Sheik's shouldn't be able to be touched too often, and Marth just simply outranges her. As for characters below, Samus is a good choice with all her projectiles and Peach's inability to kill her easily vertically, Falcon can land knees fairly easily, and also both the Links do fairly well against her.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Marth, captain falcon, luigi(floaty like peach and forward aerial A is quicker then peach's), and a falco that short hop lasers a lot, and a waveshining fox.

Mythos

Smash Cadet
Yeah Link and Y Link could give her a hard time, too.
But i can't see whats Falcos advantage?

Top Bottom