• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the Best Marth right now?(Mew2King excluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max?

Smash Champion
lol it's cool man

I promise to be legit eventually =p
That's the attitude I like. I'm rooting for you son. Keep using that Marth tho, cause Falco's fake

And usually when you work harder than the opponent in order to win that's called being a worse character/playing a bad matchup but not for Marth for some reason.
Word

I remember last time I played OTG in tourney I lost with fox on fd in gm1...then thought hmmm who can i just choose to do absolute jank and close my eyes while playing and be fine as long as i can lcancel like a few aerials....so i went falco and won on DL64 gm2 then we went back to FD and i just threw out 8999 bairs and won again

/irrelevant
Yeah I suck. Never gonna happen again tho son, LETS GO

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Please.....don't bring this back up again. Ken is dead somewhere. Dexter killed him..move on.

Besides if it helps watch ken vs isai and think of how long he would survive against a Hax or a S2J and you'll realize why he's not playing anymore. It's called Cashing out.

Max?

Smash Champion
I think if Ken kept playing his style would've worked just fine. Marth's that go for jank are ****

crush

Smash Master
nobody appreciates how good ken was but he'll be like vincent van gogh someday where he'll chop off his ear and 300 years later those gamecube controllers and youtube matches will be worth millions so suck his **** while you still can ppl!

same thing goes for every other old school player who quits and tries to play again 6 years later but gets 4 stocked by captain jack.

Van.

Smash Ace
I personally don't believe that any(except Taj) of the other Marths are ahead of Ice. He was overrated coming into Apex but I also believe he underperformed. Also even if those players are ahead of Ice, I believe most of them have hit their wall(HBK and IB in particular who you mentioned), Ice blew up pretty quickly and I think he still has a lot further to go.

Yeah, I want to see more of Taj as well. Hopefully he goes to Northwest Manifest.
No case for this at all. Sounds like you're doing a little wishful thinking :awesome:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
leffen shield drop with marth is not faster than shield WD down with him

also I'm gonna be teaching pp all my secret marth stuff over next few months or so
he means the thing where you roll the control stick while you shield to instantly fall through the platform, not releasing your shield haha.

also thanks <3

Diakonos

Smash Lord
If PP brings out the Marth and starts beating Falco and Peach with him, it will be nothing short of heroic.

:phone:

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Just read the last few pages.

Niko's post was good, thought he downplayed some stuff that PP covered.

But damn Leffen's post was amazing. LOL pointed out every bad thing about marth players ("exposed" I guess). Reverse tipper fair isn't going to happen though.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
You don't unless you pull off some stupid wack ridiculous spacing that no one will ever ever predict to combo with or even use unless they were a frame-by-frame program disguised as a smasher.

Reverse tipper bair is doable but still stupid.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I've been playing this game a long time...I have been feeling like I should give it up. Not because of the whole Marth not being S-tier thing but in general. I'd say after Apex or..lack of the ability to go I've felt like playing less in less. In fact I was originally going to go to Apex simply to decide if I should keep playing or not. If I felt I did well I would if I felt I did horrible then I wouldn't....idk any thoughts? Help? Mew2King is the master of almost quitting maybe he can help? maybe? someone? anyone?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Quit whining or just quit.

Seriously.
I think some people here need to go back to school. Lumping everything from factual statements or theories that may seem negative as well as real cross roads questions in with whining. It's like if I you had a child and they said "dad I haven't had any food today, want to eat something?" and you said "stop whining"...it's like...it makes no sense at all.

in anycase if you have nothing else to say I am uninviting you to post in my thread...don't you having something better to do Mr. Melee backroom bender?

stelzig

Smash Lord
I think some people here need to go back to school. Lumping everything from factual statements or theories that may seem negative as well as real cross roads questions in with whining. It's like if I you had a child and they said "dad I haven't had any food today, want to eat something?" and you said "stop whining"...it's like...it makes no sense at all.

in anycase if you have nothing else to say I am uninviting you to post in my thread...don't you having something better to do Mr. Melee backroom bender?
Wether you think it is justified in the situation or not, doesn't stop it from being whining.

(That said, I don't really have a problem with your question, at least you haven't been doing it as much as with your character whining)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Wether you think it is justified in the situation or not, doesn't stop it from being whining.

(That said, I don't really have a problem with your question, at least you haven't been doing it as much as with your character whining)
just because you think it is whining does not make it a fact either so...stalemate...mate :). I am not sure what I dislike actually though. It could simply just be smashboards....talking smash has become like talking politics or religion.

leffen

Smash Champion
france sucks **** tho ;D

srsly though, Marth is THE most successful character by far, are you guys seriously so ******** that you think that he can't win anymore just because of a little metagame change?

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm really skeptical but mostly I was just trying to jump start ANY type of productive discussion here, which seems to have been somewhat successful. Thanks for your post btw it was helpful, even if you were a **** about it.

Beat!

Smash Master
It's np guys, I'm just gonna **** leffen and Armada at a norwegian tourney this weekend, and then Marth will be considered awesome again.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Marth WASthe most successful character. Back when everyone was **** with every other character. As it stands now M2K, Marth, Azen, Ken...EK....etc couldn't win a Major event today with Marth. Someone better then all of them might do it though. If it's going to be anyone though it'll be me.

crush

Smash Master
Marth WASthe most successful character. Back when everyone was **** with every other character. As it stands now M2K, Marth, Azen, Ken...EK....etc couldn't win a Major event today with Marth. Someone better then all of them might do it though. If it's going to be anyone though it'll be me.
omfg seriously whats with marth mains being m2k fanboys and anime lovers that think its their destiny to be the best in the world in a videogame

Mahie

Smash Lord
I agree with the others btw. I had lost my faith in Marth for a few weeks too, but Salepate's win and the tourney in general make me think it's still got a shot. Just gotta think out of the box.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
I think everyone in the world, even those who don't play smash, should read leffen's big post. Also people acting like poopheads need to stop being poopheads.

mesa23

Smash Journeyman
you guys need to stop ripping on spam_arrows

he is by far the best marth player to have posted in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom