• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best lvl 9 cpu

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I find Metaknight and Peach to be the most challenging in most situations.

Luigi: People have trouble with him because he breaks out of any follow ups and combo attempts. The CPU has perfect reaction so obviously if you try to do something reckless, he'll catch you. Luigi as a character, however, is easily camped. I used to have trouble against lvl 9 Luigi with Sheik but when I started needle/bair camping it was a breeze. Projectile camp CPU Luigi and he will run out of options. People just don't like doing this, but you have to.

Olimar: He's alright, but mostly just unpredictable. The CPU is way too reckless compared to a real Olimar player, and his recovery is unintelligent. I guess if you deliberately try not to gimp him, he can be a decent challenge... I bet he just frustrates people because he likes to attack recklessly and unpredictably. A bad Olimar strategy, IMO.

Anyway... I like lvl 9's. Unlike with 64 and Melee, the Brawl CPU's have their strong moments. They don't always go for the same option, which makes for a fairly intelligent and unpredictable CPU. If you get hit by them, it just means they went for a good option or there was actually a hole in your strategy. If you play them with the right mindset (for learning and gaining knowledge on spacing and priority) then CPU opponents can be VERY helpful, contrary to what most people think.

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
I find Metaknight and Peach to be the most challenging in most situations.

Luigi: People have trouble with him because he breaks out of any follow ups and combo attempts. The CPU has perfect reaction so obviously if you try to do something reckless, he'll catch you. Luigi as a character, however, is easily camped. I used to have trouble against lvl 9 Luigi with Sheik but when I started needle/bair camping it was a breeze. Projectile camp CPU Luigi and he will run out of options. People just don't like doing this, but you have to.

Olimar: He's alright, but mostly just unpredictable. The CPU is way too reckless compared to a real Olimar player, and his recovery is unintelligent. I guess if you deliberately try not to gimp him, he can be a decent challenge... I bet he just frustrates people because he likes to attack recklessly and unpredictably. A bad Olimar strategy, IMO.

Anyway... I like lvl 9's. Unlike with 64 and Melee, the Brawl CPU's have their strong moments. They don't always go for the same option, which makes for a fairly intelligent and unpredictable CPU. If you get hit by them, it just means they went for a good option or there was actually a hole in your strategy. If you play them with the right mindset (for learning and gaining knowledge on spacing and priority) then CPU opponents can be VERY helpful, contrary to what most people think.
^This
Epic post!

Although Mario CPU's spam Cape, they always do it at the right time. At least when I face em.
When you face a CPU, at least TRY to think they are hard.
You start to play them with your full potential.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
they are always spot on with the air dodges so its neraly impossible to fake out a cpu. hahaha.
for me its pikachu... the computer learned how to spam his lightning in brawl :[
then its luigi... but mainly luigi cuz im a wario main.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Pikachu, perhaps...
Then there's Fox, Fox, and Fox for me.

Err, Fox, Falco and Wolf, that is. Very jumpy; hard to hit if you're very ground-based (Captain Falcon, Ganondorf).

Agi

Smash Lord
Bluigi. I still have trouble with him. Although normal Weegee is still a breeze... maybe it's a psychological thing.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
I propose we create a unit of measurement for how smart a Brawl CPU is, based on how much the CPU teabags the opponents. This unit will be called the Twining.

2 teabagging-style crouches = 1 Twining

So, if an AI teabags (that is, crouches, then gets back up immediately in a repetitive fashion, thus symbolically illustrating an arcane sexual practice upon the opponent) on an average of 8 crouches per minute, that AI has a measurement of 4 Twinings.

So, based on the Twining system, which AI is the smartest?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
I think Marth is one of the best CPUs as well. He performs good combos and uses his counter always in the right moment. xD
But I also think that Luigi is the best CPU, I really hate to fight him, and the worst thing is that Luigi is very often my opponent, when I choose random, and he is ALWAYS blue ;_;.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Weegee,
Due to:
-Non-extreme camp game that the character would get crippled by if he was programmed to do less of.
-Nair is amazing
-good weight
-well rounded, with solid kill moves
-good recovery options

Other than that, I guess Peach, but both me and my friend agree that high level CPU luigi is tough.

BEES

Smash Lord
I've been saying Luigi had the best CPU for a long time. Luigi's wall of priority just suits the CPU's button-reading and countering system the best. It has always been strong at using high-priority moves.

MuttonBasher

Smash Apprentice
I seem to have the most trouble with level 8 olimars, i can't imagine what a level 9 would do to me :-/

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
I think there are two issues being conflated here. That is, which CPU is the best vis a vis another CPU, and which is the best CPU versus a human opponent. Though judging by the reactions of most people, my own personal experience, plus the CPU tournament evidence, the Luigi CPU is the best CPU in both senses. I think the fact someone actually used CPU Luigi as a partner in a real tournament and placed decently speaks volumes as well. I would rate Luigi CPU more difficult than a lot of other people I've faced in real life.

In Melee, I believe the CPU Ganon was considered the best versus human opponents, though once you learned how to bait his up-B, it was quite simple to defeat him. However, if you didn't purposefully do this, he was significantly more challenging than the rest of the cast (though they were all push overs).

viparagon

Smash Ace
definitely tlink in my experience, it knows when to tether and approaches with shff nair and uses lots of bair like it should.

it just grabs too much...

SonicBoom2

Smash Journeyman
(Whats with the triple post? Theres an edit button)

Tlink isn't really hard for me...
Maybe its another one of those CPU theories.

*_Toon_Link_*

Smash Rookie
im my Experience of Playing brawl an Unhealthy Ammount on Lvl 9 Cpus,id Have to say Luigi and Olimar get the smash ball waaaaaay too offen,but that puts them up there,Pikachu Spams Bdown sometimes and Marth is just annoying with crit.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
I beat any lvl 9 but somehow lvl 6 mario gets on my nerves

fox219

Smash Journeyman
imo, Peach and Luigi. Not to say that any of them are any challenge at all, but those two stand out...
they used to be a challenge. They are as annoying as **************************************** but i still kick butts

Top Bottom