• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is the best lvl 9 cpu

fox219

Smash Journeyman
I was just playing around on team battles (my opponents and my team mate were cpu(s). I wanted to know who was the best cpu. so far i thought toon link

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Nope. Luigi.

I think this topic has been done before...

fox219

Smash Journeyman
I think this topic has been done before...[/QUOTE]

I couldn't find it

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think it would be hard to see who the best lvl. 9 CPU is, considering you would basically be trying to create a tier list for CPU's, and the list would not resemble ours at all. Also, it's not like the CPU'S have names...you can't say, "Whoa! John the CPU is so cool!"

I remember seeing a topic months ago about this, the person wanted to literally test and watch thousands of matches to see what the CPU's would do and if there were any patterns. It'd be interesting, but heck I don't think anyone is crazy enough to want to do that.

TP

Smash Master
This was done several times before. One guy said he had the level 9 CPUs face each other in a giant round robin tourney. If I remember correctly, Luigi went 36-0, Olimar went 33-3, Mario went 31-5, and ZSS went 1-35.

/thread

ndayday

BRoomer
By far Luigi. Hmm, but what allows this to be so?
You would have to test it in multiple matches, against every matchup possible and look for patterns to see the the reason. You'd be crazy to do that. Hmm, I really wonder what, essetially, the tier list would look like.

It could be so different then ours, as CPU's take a more simplistic approach then us, they don't know a lot of the stuff we do. Heck, I might do this if I ever get around 2000 hours of free time...

Roihu

Smash Ace
Luigi.
I can't beat him with characters like Captain Falcon without being cheap.
And whenever I beat him, it's usually on my last stock, if I beat him at all.
Peach is easy for me.
The reason for Luigi I think is because he evades attacks more often than anyone else. He also seems incredibly quick for some reason...
I can't exactly say why, though...
Also, his nair is just so annoying. The hitbox stays out for HOW FREAKING LONG!?

Roihu

Smash Ace
My second most annoying is Meta Knight.
I just get caught up in his attacks too often...
And Fox, too, because I never DI out of his neutral A.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
yea, the best comp is by far luigi.

Some dude went ahead and tested this out with every possible combination or something and luigi by far was the best.

Also on a side note, some guy (cant remember the name) entered a tournament and he didnt have a partner or the partner didnt show up or something and he ended up playing with a computer luigi as a partner. He placed 4th...

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
That Kirby was beast. Obviously the next M2K. Seriously, insane mindgamez.

The stage was pretty beast, too, though.

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing a topic months ago about this, the person wanted to literally test and watch thousands of matches to see what the CPU's would do and if there were any patterns. It'd be interesting, but heck I don't think anyone is crazy enough to want to do that.
hmm, you see I've always wanted to do this, but I always wonder if some one already did it or if I'm just going to waste my time if I do it. :\......do the cpus act differently in every ones games? or do they all act the same?

ndayday

BRoomer
^^Yeah I don't think it's been done, but I know I saw a thread about it. The people that replied convinced him to not do it I think, the general response was "Yeah that'd be cool but we really don't need to know."

I think it'd be easier with many people, since there are so many different match-ups.

PDawgy

Smash Journeyman
^^Yeah I don't think it's been done, but I know I saw a thread about it. The people that replied convinced him to not do it I think, the general response was "Yeah that'd be cool but we really don't need to know."

I think it'd be easier with many people, since there are so many different match-ups.
We should do that, I'll do Wolf, Snake, MK, Yoshi, and Bowser

meta master

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, it differes for me on the Wii. At my friends house, its ROB. At my house, its ... IDK, i play random CPUs so its hard to tell. At my other friends house, i swear, its ganondorf. (0_o)

PuffPuffPass

Smash Rookie
Never said he was the hardest, just the hardest for myself. It's mostly about playing 2 at once though, which is what I usually do in brawl :p.

Now Peach, she seems to be the hardest overall in my opinion, she just damages me like no other.

K 2

Smash Lord
It's Luigi, with pikachu being third (or something like that). This thread has been done like a million times. Use the search function or something next time.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be hard to see who the best lvl. 9 CPU is, considering you would basically be trying to create a tier list for CPU's, and the list would not resemble ours at all. Also, it's not like the CPU'S have names...you can't say, "Whoa! John the CPU is so cool!"

We should try that! nice idea!

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Bowser is like the easiest CPU... >_>

Anyway, Luigi is probably the best... Pikachu is pretty good too...
The bowser who i brawled killed himself! did a d-air off the edge and died

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You guys do realize that CPUs do pick up player inputs, thusly its nearly different for most people, right? My Mario pretty much tops all CPUs in my version of Brawl. When I fight, ROB is the hardest CPU for me.

Top Bottom