• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is that green man?

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
So you want him to act like Tails? No thanks.
I just have to say this... Tails is brave and he's helping out Sonic as much as he can... Sonic wouldn't replace Tails with anyone... you can rely on Tails...

but yea, Luigi isn't the bravest, no... but how can you make someone afraid in a fighting game like this? he could close he's eyes and turn he's head away during smashes like he was afraid of seing what happened... but I'm unsure how it would work out...

but have you seen him when running and pressing a button? he knockes wild around himself closing he's eyes... like he's really paranoid... so they have some of he's personality...

dinhotheone

Smash Apprentice
naa, i like hes melee character, im fairly sure he is taller and skinnier hes floaty and look at that charge attack.

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a Luigi fan... I'm more like a Sonic fan... but yes, I would like a little more of Luigi's personality. I think he deserves that...

I'm not even sure about Sonic... I would love for him to be perfekt... but that springboard... I just don't know... it seams strange that Sonic would have it with him... they should be items...

but anyway... I would love the vakuum sucker. What about a little air running for Luigi's recovery move? when he jump... it often happens that he runs in the air thinking that it would make the jump longer... but anyway... it could be movie clips of him in SE...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I agree that Luigi's personality has been portrayed in an ambiguous manner in Melee. The only attack that represents his "true" personality is his running A attack, which is called "Fists of Fear". Considering that alot of time was taken to develop Luigi's newfound meek, frightful personality over the years, I believe that the green bean will finally get the treatment he deserves in Brawl. Plus, if Luigi gets his Poltergust 3000, his thunderhand abilities from the Mario & Luigi series AND a final smash that allows him to become Mr. L and control his Brobot, it will be pure bliss for Luigi fans everywhere.:estatic:

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Luigi's dash attack is called 'Fists of Fear', as he cowardly flails into the enemy since hes too scared to look at them. And his taunt shows how he isn't used to attention like Mario gets. He is pretty Luigi for me. Not to mention Melee makes characters more serious, you don't see Bowser making jokes left and right like in Paper Mario.

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
well im glad im not the only one who thinks luigi should have a change...

luigi seemed to act a bit.....weird.....in mellee....

if your catching my drift.

mario and luigi version over mellee anyday!

=Samus-Aran=

Smash Journeyman
If he's a coward, why would he be fighting?

Luigi (I hope) will have a completely different moveset from Maro in Brawl. And will be taller and skinnier.

=S-A=

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You must have not played any Mario game at all, then, because any Mario fan should know that Luigi is a coward. In Luigi's Mansion, he's terrified of ghosts, in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, he was constantly screwing things up on his adventure to save Princess Eclair of the Waffle Kingdom. In the Mario and Luigi games, countless times Luigi would trip and fall or get hurt in some kind of embarrassing fashion.

That is Luigi. For him to not have that personality apparent in Brawl is just wrong.
That's the FAKE Luigi! He's just following the script that Miyamoto handed him. Simple!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
The fact that Smash is different from the other games is the reason Luigi is the way he is. Not everything will be the same as his Mario games. I like the Smash Luigi better. I'd much rather him be like this than be trapped in the closet.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The fact that Smash is different from the other games is the reason Luigi is the way he is. Not everything will be the same as his Mario games. I like the Smash Luigi better. I'd much rather him be like this than be trapped in the closet.
Quoted 4 **** truth. That's how I like it! Straight and to the point. Take notes guys, a 13 minute essay doesn't need to be written just to get your point across. An exception to the rule is the very first post.

FireCrack

Smash Journeyman
Luigi is only a coward until he's backed into a corner and has to fight, then he goes luigi on his enemies!

Arawanach

Smash Apprentice
and in melee... what on earth makes him jump into the fight in the first stage by jumping on Mario's head making him fall... and then take the fight for him? well... maybe he just crashed :-P

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
omgz itz luigee!!!one1

i hope he has personnality, i just can stand the empty character he was in melee, it was just horrible

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... don't care about anything you have to say
So, you just don't listen to people who have different opinions than you?

Tails is a coward, but they don't call nearly as much attention to it as they do with Luigi. Tails can do things on his own. Luigi can, he's just not that good at it, and he looks like he's about to wet himself out of fear the whole time.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman
Luigi is the scaredy type person, but he's my favorite out of the Mario Series.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I still think mario kick Luigi @$$ but im like the only one these days >.<

Luigi is pretty scared in a few games like Mario&Luigi, MarioRPG (c'mon we now thats the reason hes not on) and in the tv shows xD
But unlike mario, doing everything without fear. Luigi is kinda sifferent, Luigi is always scared, but he believe in himself in the end and then he can do everything!
Luigi got more personalty then Mario, but Mario kix more @$$

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I came up with this potential moveset idea and put it in the Luigi thread, Sort of giving people who are a fan of Luigi's Mansion moves something while also giving people who are a fan of Luigi's past Moveset something...

I didnt come up with a full fledged moveset with damage and all that,, just a general idea of what the changes could be.
Down Special: Now this move is where the Vacuum comes in... Luigi equips himself with the Vacuum... (Sort of like Zelda transforming into Sheik: it opens up a new move set for up, standard and forward)

Sorry the reason I never played Melee was because I never got a GameCube... so I won't be able to come up with his vacuum move set...
Up Special: Something that could use the vacuum to send Luigi in the air..
Standard Special: Don't know... Sorry
Side Special: Unsure of this as well
Down Special: Puts the Vacuum away.

Also all the other moves, Aerial, and Throws could be affected by Luigi having the Vacuum or not.
________

This will sort of be like making two Luigi's in one, I suppose but like Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer... he will be similar to them (having a new moveset just by pushing down Special) . But at the same time, those three are different from eachother.

Top Bottom