• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Who is that green man?

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer

Okay, I've noticed this ever since Melee came out, and since Luigi hasn't been OFFICIALLY confirmed at the DOJO, here's a small hope and prayer regarding Luigi, but first, I must complain about his Melee appearance, oh yes, and his Smash 64 appearance.

Who all here agrees that the Melee and 64 version of Luigi is nothing like his actual character? We all can't deny that Mario is exactly like Mario, he's heroic, and powerful, and doesn't have much of a personality. He's just Mario, you can't really mess that up. You just make Mario look like Mario and he does the work himself.

But Luigi, on the other hand, is different. What bothered me most in Smash 64 and Melee is that he looks and acts NOTHING like the real Luigi we all know and love. Luigi in actuality is taller and skinnier than Mario, but in the Smash games, they both look relatively the same. The difference is very small.

I've always seen Luigi as an unsure coward with his tail stuck between his legs most of the time. When you see Luigi in most games, he has a look of despair or fright in his eyes, definetly not the look of a fighter. What I want in Brawl is a much cowardly looking Luigi. Let him trip, let him look scared, let him look like he's about to wet himself! And alas, let him look tall and skinny. This is the Luigi I want. A Luigi who is aggressively fighting and blasting into people like a rocket is not the Luigi I know.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
I dont see how the can add mario and leave out his brother luigi i mean the game is called Super smash Bros.<<<<(brothers) so wheres the green dude.

§leepy God

Smash Master
I get it. He should be his own character like the Paper Mario series, Luigi's Mansion, and or the Mario & Luigi series. I know there's more, I like his Mario & Luigi character the best. I just hope they fix the sound of his voice.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Unsure, scared, coward, etc.
You must have not played any Mario game at all, then, because any Mario fan should know that Luigi is a coward. In Luigi's Mansion, he's terrified of ghosts, in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, he was constantly screwing things up on his adventure to save Princess Eclair of the Waffle Kingdom. In the Mario and Luigi games, countless times Luigi would trip and fall or get hurt in some kind of embarrassing fashion.

That is Luigi. For him to not have that personality apparent in Brawl is just wrong.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
the coward luigi WHAT ON EARTH?
he and mario are brothers so it no surprise his move set is quiet simallar his up-B can K.O. you in an instand with the right position and enought damage (you'll here the home-run bat sound if done correctly)
so i don't really mine

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Tails is a little bit of a sideshow as he cant stand on hes own two feet but when he does.....oh boy is it cool with his inventions. Tails should stop relying on sonic and do things himself.
Luigi on the other hand doesnt rely on mario and when things happen he seems to be inclined to take care of it whether he wants to or not. Thats why hes always scared.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
youre right, luigi doesnt fit his "cowardly" role in smash, instead they made him more flamboynt and slidey rather than cowardly and clumsy. maybe the reason we havnt seen him yet, is because he has had this change, and it is a suprise for us smashers.

after all, we have been asking for luigi to get a change.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're right. If everyone else fits their original character in the Super Smash series, then why couldn't Luigi be a cowardly, humorous character? Maybe it's just Sakurai trying to fit him into the Super Smash environment. I don't know, but Sakurai had better do something in Brawl.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Luigi is a funny character in M&L. It is best to add character in Smash Bros. though.

I can only imagne his taunt's. XD

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
You know I agree with you. The current smash Luigi hasn't really been Luigi. This could definitely make him an interesting character to play as.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I fully agree, Especially now that luigi has developed alot more personality wise as of late, I want to see alot more difference between mario and Luigi. Not so sure about him tripping over though, but at least make him have a taunt where he looks scared. And maybe make him more reluctant to fight in the subspace emissionary.(for awhile anyway)

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Luigi is normally a pretty brave guy, but he has his fears just like everyone else. Regardless, he is a strong character, but he's just a little less bold and heroic than Mario.

DO NOT remove his taunt. His taunt is my favorite taunt in the game.

Here is the fanboy's judgement:
Tails = Really heroic WHEN Sonic's around, A little more fearful when he isn't.
Luigi = Just an all around panzee (which makes him great!)
I absolutely love Luigi's character, I think that they will take those actions to insert his personality into the game, but I do not want that making Luigi weaker! Luigi is a decent fighter in Melee, and as a current Luigi main I would hate to see that happen!

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
it honestly doesn't matter, but I agree for the simple fact that this game is often of how we remember some of these fine characters. I want to remember Luigi and play as a Luigi character not a Luigi moveset alone. But hey they've done a good job of updating the characters so far. Even Sheik has been updated to the currnt sheik even though she never met public's eye. I have little worry over Luigi

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
i **** smash luigi better and this scardey-cat thing is fairly new and let him keep his taunt it's one of my favs it's so bad-***

Zorya

Smash Ace
How is a scared, pee-ridden wimp going to be a fighter? That is like trying to turn a giant football player into a sweet graceful ballerina. Keep Luigi how he is with a few changes, tweaks.

Zorya

Smash Ace
It just isn't believable..it is like a little kid running up to a bully and slapping him multiple times eventhough he is scared of him and crapping himself at it.. not believable.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... don't care about anything you have to say
I don't give a crap about you, either.

But alas, that is not the topic at hand.

That's Mama Luigi to you Mario! *wheeze*
I never thought of Luigi to be an EXTREME coward, either, especially if you look at his Paper counterpart. He rises to the occasion.

I do agree he needs a makeover, but not too much. Smash Lugigi is a Lugigi who has overcome his fears and has become a Mama.

If the good Doctor is gone, I want his electric attacks implemented into Luigi in some way, since that's the way it seems to be now.

"M-mariiiOOOOOO"

.. Well....... I think Galaxy overdid it on him. I think it's just what game and which way you look at it.

Smash Bros., in a way, has given Mario a very serious nature if you've noticed. Look at his expressions.
Then compare that to Galaxy and Olympics.

Not so happy, is he? More like concerned or "don't piss me off". As if there really is a bad evil afoot.

I do wish to see more of Luigi's personality, but in a way, I like Smash Luigi.

Sakurai won't mess it up. He knows how to make spaghetti.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
It just isn't believable..it is like a little kid running up to a bully and slapping him multiple times eventhough he is scared of him and crapping himself at it.. not believable.
Ever do a dash attack with Luigi?

...That's right.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
I've always seen Luigi as an unsure coward with his tail stuck between his legs most of the time. When you see Luigi in most games, he has a look of despair or fright in his eyes, definetly not the look of a fighter. What I want in Brawl is a much cowardly looking Luigi. Let him trip, let him look scared, let him look like he's about to wet himself! And alas, let him look tall and skinny. This is the Luigi I want. A Luigi who is aggressively fighting and blasting into people like a rocket is not the Luigi I know.
you speak the truth there, hes a very gentle guy being scared of anything, and then in melee he was this Bad@$$ that really kicked some too.

i would change his ^ & -> B, so hes not a cloe at all... ^ B from super paper mario jump anyone?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Luigi is careful, but still brave, and much smarter then Mario. Impliment his craziness into his moveset again, lol! Base him off multiple games-Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, Smash 64, Melee, Luigi's Mansion, the Mario and Luigi games, Super Paper Mario, etc.

Bottles98

Smash Cadet
You must have not played any Mario game at all, then, because any Mario fan should know that Luigi is a coward. In Luigi's Mansion, he's terrified of ghosts, in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, he was constantly screwing things up on his adventure to save Princess Eclair of the Waffle Kingdom. In the Mario and Luigi games, countless times Luigi would trip and fall or get hurt in some kind of embarrassing fashion.

That is Luigi. For him to not have that personality apparent in Brawl is just wrong.
The only games he's a coward in are the Mario & Luigi games. =/

In Luigi's Mansion, while he is afraid of ghosts (um, who wouldn't be?) he still presses onward, facing all the dangers of the mansion, all to rescue his brother.

In PMTTYD, he may make a lot of mistakes on his Waffle Kingdom adventures, but once again, he braves his way through that quite adventurously. If he was a coward, would he have done it at all? No.

In Super Paper Mario, as both his normal self and as Mr. L, he shows a large amount of courage: at the beginning of the game he is, himself, trying to stop Count Bleck from marrying Bowser and Peach, as (the hypnotized) Mr. L he fights Mario directly, and
close to the end, as his normal self once again, he bravely joins the quest in order to help save the world.

Only in the M&L games is he truly a coward.

Although I will agree with the point that he looks weird in Melee (and for some reason, has a high-pitched Mario voice rather than his deeper, slightly raspy voice), he shouldn't be shown as a "coward" because he just isn't.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Uh... oh god, no. A little bit scary is okay, but not the whole time. Do you know that there was a Luigi before the Luigi's Mansion game? That Luigi was just like Mario... No personality and just a hero that goes through the levels to rescue the princess.

And Luigi was always taller than Mario, in Smash64 and Melee, but just a little bit.

Top Bottom